[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why not join the military? > serve your country > civilians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x407
Why not join the military?

> serve your country
> civilians adore
> active, fit
> technical skills

There's no comparison. No matter what job you have it will never compare to a marine, be that US, UK or any other country. A marine is favoured to doctors every time.

> inb4 hurr hurr fighting for the Jews agenda hurr hurr

Hopefully starting basic before I turn 20.
>>
>>37772028
whatever dude, go be a Marine. just hope you don't get shot because the US could give fuck all about Veteran's healthcare.
>>
>>37772038

I'm British. Our equivalent is the Royal Marines, Royal Navy
>>
File: Jay.jpg (38 KB, 251x296) Image search: [Google]
Jay.jpg
38 KB, 251x296
Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.
>>
>Join military
>Get shot
>??????
>Profit
>>
>>37772028
My dog is literally the only reason i dont join. Srs.
If i leave no one will take care of her. The same reason im not moving into dorms and will rather live with parents.
Cant have anyone else take care of her either so im just waiting for now.
>>
>>37772082
If you're not a braindead retard you can get in a non combat position.
>>
>>37772060

I might be stupid, I've worked on a chemical plant since I was seventeen, I had nothing but disdain for further education. I'll be losing a lot of money by leaving but to me it doesn't matter, the perception of honour and sacrifice bodes well with me as I have always been apathetic and I've always played the part of the destitute. There is no better option for me without feeling that I am a slave.
>>
>>37772060

>Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

You're not wrong, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if that wouldn't be better for everyone involved. I don't particularly like myself, I don't particularly want to be myself, and I can't help but wonder if someone else might do a better job of creating me than I can do myself.
>>
If I were asked to talk to a marine or shit in my hand I would choose the shit.
>>
>>37772095
>the perception of honour and sacrifice bodes well with me
I think you're just lacking purpose, and expecting the military will give you one.
>>
>>37772028
Canada is very liberal and I live in a very liberal city (toronto) so there's actually kind of a negative stigma around the military here.
>>
File: 1465333223031.png (265 KB, 501x408) Image search: [Google]
1465333223031.png
265 KB, 501x408
>>37772028
Another disilusioned teenager :3
>>
>>37772125

Again, probably true, but it's the most purpose I will ever find in any occupation. I cannot wilfully live my life making money for others regardless of how much I could earn, most occupations boil down to making money for others. Particularly in the chemical industry as I currently am- therefore the only option is the military. At least for me
>>
>>37772060
t. poli sci sophmore
>>
>>37772095
If you actually do shit in the military youll be filled with PTSD and regret, are you thinking of the chair force? Maybe you can pilot a drone and kill paki kids. Idk man seems really shit for everyone involved except for Mr. Shekelberg Goldstein
>>
>>37772028
Seen videos/gifs of war, so many people die just out of fucking nowhere.

Shit ain't like CoD of BF4 son, life just gets snuffed out in an instant.

And then IF you survive you get completely fucked by whatever organisation "takes care" of your verterans.
>>
>>37772028
I don't think my mild autism will mix well with the drill instructors at boot camp, and I don't like the idea of not being able to leave the military for four or so years after signing up for it.
>>
I make way more money than slaving away and destroying my body.
>>
>>37772084

You're a true bro
>>
>>37772028
I was in the army. Believe me no one cares.
>>
File: 1399828095954.jpg (6 KB, 199x250) Image search: [Google]
1399828095954.jpg
6 KB, 199x250
>>37772028
>All i wanted was to fight for my country
>mfw i didn't pass the psych test

It was for the better good i suppose
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1023x759) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1023x759
>>37772028
yes spend all your time at base or deployed so tyrones can steal all your local staceys
>>
>>37772236
>destroying my body

That's just it. I've seen too many people come out the other side and their joints/back are irreversibly destroyed at 25.
>>
>>37772173

> the Jew meme

Get fucked fat cunt
>>
ITT: people with inferiority complexes trying to justify being worse than a marine

Brb

> idiot
> Jews
> PTSD
> Israel
> injury

Sad
>>
>>37772028
> civilians adore
heavily depends on which country

> active, fit
heavily depends on where you end up. I was more fit prior than during because of a combination of factors, food, sleep, available time. sure you'll get endurance but thats about it.
>>
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm only /fit/ because I'm mentally unstable.

I wouldn't get passed interview 1.
>>
>>37772028
>> inb4 hurr hurr fighting for the Jews agenda hurr hurr

YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP NIGGER
I WAS GOING TO JOIN THE AF BUT NOW THEY ARE LETTING MENTALLY ILL TRANS INTO THIS FUCKING SHIT
I WOULD RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN FIGHT FOR LGBT FUCKING HELL FUCK THIS SHITTTTTTTTTT

>You're welcome FBI
>>
>>37772028
This isn't true at all. You serve your country during a war, when you have to defend your home and your loved ones. During peace right now, most of the people in the military are a drain on resources. I'm not an American't, though, so we're not involved around the world.
>civilians adore
Maybe the old people. The rest doesn't give a shit, though I admit, girls like that.
>active, fit
Depends on where you serve.
>technical skills
Like cleaning your weapon?
>>
>>37772522
>During peace right now

KIll yourself.
>>
>>37772522
>>37772524
Also

1 )
>technical skills
>Like cleaning your weapon?

Really nigger?

2) Nice dubs faggot.
>>
>>37772524
No, thanks. You'll do a lot better job at dying if you join and get sent to some shithole, like a good meatshield.
>>
>>37772099
You'll be alright. That you are able to look at yourself and admit these things says a lot of good about your character. You will be a good man.
>>
>>37772529
Yes, really. Army is mainly for people that have no hobbies and no other skills, so they're forced to go to the only place they'll be taken. Those with more brain become officers and shit all over you.

Hah, "serve your country". Kek. People taking out the trash are far more useful than you.
>>
>>37772084
I was in the army with many people who had dogs. You need to rent your own place on the base but there is always someone to look after it when you get deployed.
>>
>>37772271
>>mfw i didn't pass the psych test
>It was for the better good i suppose
>>37772518
>I don't know about the rest of you but I'm only /fit/ because I'm mentally unstable.
>I wouldn't get passed interview 1.

Boy do I have good news for you guys
http://www.advocate.com/transgender/2016/6/30/breaking-pentagon-ends-ban-transgender-service-members
>>37772111
https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2g01cs/do_muslims_really_wipe_with_their_hand_rather/

I got your reference bro.
>>
File: BritishArmyFlag2.png (187 KB, 1280x732) Image search: [Google]
BritishArmyFlag2.png
187 KB, 1280x732
>Canadian Armed Forces Test Score Requirement

>Australian Army Beep Test Score Requirement

>New Zealand Defence Force Beep Test Score Requirement

>Australian Special Forces Beep Test Score Requirement

>British Army Beep Test Score Requirement

>British Royal Marines Beep Test Score Requirement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test
>>
>>37772028

fuarking great brah, I would join and learn a profession but I already have other ambitions.

Cousin is undergoing firefighter training in the AF atm and will become a civilian one (maybe) after he's done.

Know another lad that became a submarine electrician. Now he works like 2 months on 2 months off and makes around 180k usd a year.

>tfw I'll never be a dog trainer for the MP
>>
>>37772028
>> serve your country = serve the Jew
>> civilians adore = the way they adore all the homeless veterans currently living on the streets.
>> active, fit = this is a joke?
>> technical skills = Ok this one may be correct.
>>
>>37772028
Anyone have expirience with the Australian army? I'm considering joining when I graduate
>>
>>37772131
I'd go just because of that in your place, I'm actually joining the army, I think its so so, like everything, I hope I can get something out of it besides moneys you know.
>>
>>37772028
We should have a military bros thread every once in a while, just to catch up on each others experiences, Im gonna start in october, German here(I wish I was somewhere where the military has some more dignity)
>>
File: Topkek.png (504 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Topkek.png
504 KB, 720x720
>>37772028
Fighting in some shitty war because some country no longer wishes to trade oil in USD.

Fuckin sign me up breh
>>
File: post.jpg (45 KB, 500x888) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
45 KB, 500x888
I tried for the Marines but they blacklisted me from all recruiters after a drug overdose showed up on my medical history. I have a drug felony now too so I really doubt any other branches are willing to take me, and I'm getting old.
>>
File: tl.webm (2 MB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
tl.webm
2 MB, 640x361
>join the military
>get tortured
>>
>>37772280
Speaking of this, I've known so many army guys whose wifeys were fucking around, while they were gone. The best part? They don't believe anyone that warns them, that they're being cheated on, since they are more often than not, dumb, and think their lovely honey would never do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
>>37772548
Whatever, bruv. At the end of the day, I know I can perform a surgical cricothyroidotomy on a person suffering inhalation burns from an IED blast and you can post on this mandolorian helmet painting world-wide
>>
>defending flag burning trannies
>defending common core milennials
>defending left wing media
>defending government corruption
>defending israel

Nah, fuck you OP. You and the (((people))) you defend are the real enemy.
>>
>>37772028
>civilians adore
LMFAO
maybe in yank land where everyone's a fucking retard
>>
>>37773205
At the end of the day, you'll be as useful as I am, when posting on /fit/.
>>37773222
They're paid killers, only legal.
>>
>>37773229
>when posting on /fit/
Good job; feel better
>>
Girls love that destitute military boy archetype

Guarantee a marine gets more poon than a doctor
>>
>>37772028

> serve your country
actually you aren't serving anyone. just taking orders from the elite wealthy political machine.

> civilians adore
actually they pity solders.

> active, fit
ask any veteran who actually served. they go on one meal a day and spend weeks without showering when they are stationed outside the US. they arrive home skinny and with no muscle mass.

> technical skills
driving a big truck, digging holes on the floor and getting shot at.
>>
Because I do not want to become another VA burnout living on welfare and shooting up dope when my scripts run out.
>>
cant my right knee swells up some days for whatever reason and i have a herniated disc from a month ago
>>
>>37773264
Pretty sure a doctor has enough money to buy the sort of worthless whore that goes for military types.
>>
>>37773307

Like it or not. Soldiers are respected more than anyone else because they are perceived to be noble and fighting for civilians

Whether it's true or not, I don't care.
>>
>Country has professional army
>Too dumb to graduate, or even pass the entrance exam
>>
I already did my conscription and have not gotten any more extra training invites yet
>>
>>37773277
That's really biased, there are tons of people who were on duty and could actually bulk up because they weren't on some active mission where they didn't have a kitchen around.
>>
>>37772160
It's not like he's wrong. Unless you live in a third world country, we are at a point in history where serious conflicts are going to be settled with drone warfare and missile strikes.
It's one thing to be trained in technology based warfare, but if you're running around a base training like it's WWI, there's a problem.
>>
>>37773277
>ask any veteran who actually served. they go on one meal a day and spend weeks without showering when they are stationed outside the US. they arrive home skinny and with no muscle mass.

This is utter bullshit Anon.
The only time you're cutting is when you're back in garrison forced to run every day.
Any deployment people go straight for mass because you're not running and doing cardio every day. Families send us tubs of protein powder and if you actually go on convoys you'll eventually stop by a base that has a military px, where you can buy protein powder.
You've got nothing else to do once mission is over for the day beyond being unlucky enough to have guard duty again that night.
So take three scoops and go lift shit.

also
>one meal a day
Only if you're in places like Dari-Bum during the winter time and not getting regular supplies, but shit you still have two cons filled with MREs.
>>
my options are
>hamas
>israel
so nah
>>
>>37772524
This is a time of peace. We're fear mongering a war on terror, and Islamic extremists are doing fucked up shit on their own land, but it's a time of peace for America. It's more like the Cold War than an actual conflict.
>>
I want to. I'm a nurse and would love to dedicate my profession to helping the army. I don't live in America though so I wouldn't see any action. Might sign up for Doctors without Borders and go to some shithole for a year.
>>
>>37772028
>inb4 fighting for the jews agenda hurr durr

You know just because you say inb4 doesnt mean it isn't true and you're not a retard. Thats like an anon asking about a recent cock sucking experience and he says
>inb4 n...no homo
He's still a homo and you're still fighting for the jews.
>>
>>37772090
If you're joining the military you're already a brain-dead retard desu
>>
>>37772060
Dude you're talking so much shit it's on a "healthy at every size" level. They don't break you down, everyone in the military I know is basically the same, they play World of Warcraft on evenings, get drunk on weekends with friends, go back to work on monday etc. The only difference is they get missions and leave overseas for a while and then come back. Yes they may get PTSD, but on the flip side that job you have to go to backwards everyday may inflict depression. So basically it's no different than a regular job, just sometimes you work overtime.
>>
>>37772577
Bullshit mostly, the canadian forces has no beep test and is not scored overall but on different tasks like sprints, drags, sandbag lifting etc.
>>
>>37772046
I was in the U.S. Marines. The British Royal Marines are way better trained than us. They are more like our special forces.
>>
>>37772060
>The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

Listen, the military training process doesn't create robots, it creates troops with enhanced critical thinking skills and proficiency in the art and science of warfare.

Just because you're too chickenshit to fight on your country's behalf doesn't mean the ones who do are mindless. They are willing to die for your freedom that you take for granted while you shitpost on an anime board.

also, 9/10 b8
>>
>>37772747
how bout 1914
>>
>>37772028
>kill muslims in the desert for shit pay in the name of "defense" for a government that doesn't give a fuck about you

nah I'm good
>>
>>37777903
>25 dollars an hour tax free is shit pay
That's more than most 18 year olds to 25 year olds will make.
>>
>>37777687
>die for our "freedom"
>constantly on the offense protecting US international business and geopolitics

>muh merica
>muh freedom
>>
>>37772028
>Why not join the military?
Why not join the IMPERIAL GUARD AND FIGHT FOR THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND???
>>
>>37772028
Lmao cause I'm not waiting till next year for them to send me to boot lol
>>
File: 1466146229138.png (42 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1466146229138.png
42 KB, 235x236
>>37777930
>mfw 26
>mfw I make considerably more
>mfw my company doesn't own me body and soul
>mfw I don't get drug tested
>>
>>37773205
>perform a surgical cricothyroidotomy
Fucking kek
I'll bet you're the same type of GI that will proudly announce to EMR that the tourniquet saved your buddy's life from the cut on his hand.
>>
>>37777981
While envious of the drug test, I once again deter to my post earlier in the thread.
For people living in shit environments 20-26 dollars an hour and a sign on bonus is a god send. Who are you to judge someone who was born in an industrial setting in the bible belt?
There is a reason most people in the south are obese as fuck, it's a shitty fucking life with no way out.

You know how many girls and guys I know from highschool who never left TN, had a shit ton of kids and did nothing with their lives?
At the very least I owe the military for giving me the understanding other people and experiences exist, because I would of gotten my ex knocked up and worked at the same plant my father did before me had I not left.

The military is not the low point in someones life, it's the stepping stone to hopefully something better.
Being 30 with 3 kids, in the same town you went to highschool, at the same industrial park with all your friends is the lowest point you could have.
>>
>>37777687
War hasn't been about freedom since WWII

Enough of this freedom meme. America is actively stomping on the freedom of other people now. I'm patriotic as hell but I don't turn a blind eye to the shitshow that is our military
>>
>>37776080
Considering you're a /pol/tard you should be pro military, but wait, right, you're just a Neet loser who probably is also a dyel
>>
Why do some of you all think that if you join the military then you WILL fight? You can join the army and be in the fucking band.
>>
File: git gud fella.jpg (313 KB, 734x720) Image search: [Google]
git gud fella.jpg
313 KB, 734x720
>>37777687
>the military training process doesn't create robots, it creates troops with enhanced critical thinking skills and proficiency in the art and science of warfare.

>this is what the south actually believes

The military is literally for retards that can't get a real job. What kind of intelligent person would want to get their legs blown off while fighting a proxy war for wall street and big oil?

>inb4 muh country's honor

The army doesn't fucking defend the US. They're the offense for the US.
>>
>>37778056
>WW2 was a war for freedom because it wasn't about da evil joos
Oh wait it was the starting point of the jew meme
War was never really great from the moment it became globalized because your army was fighting as a proxy and wasn't really under direct threat anymore meaning that your soldiers weren't really defending their own people but some foreign strange people that they didn't care about mostly, that is why the Vietnam War was so badly perceived as well, Americans fought against some abstract communist enemy and not against a direct threat
>>
>>37778082
I joined because being shot at was preferable to living the life i was leading.

I still feel that way.
>>
>>37778074
Or a sports player, or a paper pusher, or a technician, a lawyer, police officer, doctor's assistant.
There are like twenty jobs that have no combat roles at all.
JAG on deployments literally stays at BAF and lives like a civilian.
Fuck man, civilian contractors make like 150k a year for deploying. They never leave base, get internet, their own room, and tons of time to workout.
>>
>>37778082
Maybe you just don't want to spend your time shitposting on this dyel breeding ground you loser, what's your profession and tell me on a scale of 1-10 how much self esteem you gain from it
>>
>>37778100
I didn't even say joos? How about most of western Europe not wanting to be occupied by Germany? I don't give a flying fuck about the jews
>>
File: Gtkilledby.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Gtkilledby.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>Becoming a puppet for NATO / New World Order /Jews

I think I'll pass
>>
>>37778128
Because that's such a threat to the great us of a right? You're just moving the goalposts here you wanna be historian
>>
File: MyQki.jpg (152 KB, 960x714) Image search: [Google]
MyQki.jpg
152 KB, 960x714
>>37772028
Its not worth it. Only people with little options for income or the people that aren't sure what they want in life. They get all this hype about how awesome you'll be and glorify all this tech and "skill" you'll learn, but then you come back with a bunch if disorders physically & mentally. Then you cant find a job/or keep one for long due to your disorders. Also since drugs are more widely avaliable and openly used in other countries our soliders usually use while over seas and come back with opiate addiction and they resort to using pharmaceuticals or heroine. On top of all that, it can take years to finally get disability. Sometimes you never get any help.
>>
>>37775410

>we are at a point in history where serious conflicts are going to be settled with drone warfare and missile strikes

Sure, we don't need operators and grunts ever again because... technology will solve and settle everything just like it did in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

BTW, those systems are susceptible to any non-3rd world country countermeasures.
>>
File: 1466036725464.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1466036725464.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>37772060
my dad did 27 years, free 40k a year retirement with all benefits.

>all of my military friends are living good lives meanwhile only a couple of people on facebook are actually making more than 15/hr and everyone else is in retail being a wageslave. Me? I'm making 18/hr after college, it's okay but I'm almost done paying off my college debt at the age of 24.
>>
>>37778155
I'm not moving shit

People didn't want to be occupied so they fought back. Is the US not allowed to help its allies?

I don't see what you're getting at here
>>
>>37778167
found the commie pinko faggot
>>
>>37778155
Do you even know the historical context of the USA's involvement in WW2? Monetary aid, invasion on Soviet soil, Pearl Harbor etc.

Some of you people are so fucking retarded I wonder how you get on a computer.
>>
>>37778184
forreal I did 4 years in the military and got out, I want to go back in, I've been a best buy geek squad member for 2 years now, college is boring as hell

Honestly, you get shit hours in the military but you get no taxes, no utility/rent bills and your measily 600 every two weeks but hey it's still alot ignoring everything else.
>>
>>37778082
>this is what the average autist believes.

there are literally only 8 jobs out of 159 that are combat, the rest are support where you get to lay back and enjoy free money.
>>
File: 1467300337814.png (151 KB, 268x271) Image search: [Google]
1467300337814.png
151 KB, 268x271
>>37778082
>retards that cant get a real job
>works at retail

Wageslave paying college debt
>>
File: 1467059631943.jpg (97 KB, 716x960) Image search: [Google]
1467059631943.jpg
97 KB, 716x960
>>37778200
Commie? I have no problem with a small or moderate sized standing army to defend our country homeland. But to have an excessively large army that costs so much that they justify having by going and invading other countries is ridiculous. Its another to send troops to defend an allied country, but once we send boots on the ground into the enemy area we are no longer defending. That is an attack. It is pretty pathetic that we believe there is any justice in invading an area because they "pose a threat". My ass, they pose a threat when they are sending waves of troops to our borders.
>>
>"Yes yes! join the army die for your jew masters!"
>"I mean your country!"
>great, another stupid goy fooled
>>
>>37772099
>I don't like myself
>So I think that everyone should do it
Uh, I fucking like myself fuck you I'll stay who I am thanks.
>>
>>37778253

this. millitaryfags are pathetic
>>
File: 1466033028783.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1466033028783.png
296 KB, 649x649
Why do black people not join the military? Why live in poverty and work at mcdonalds? Why live in an actual Warzone at home on the block in Detroit when you probably won't even see tour duties in your first 4 years
>>
The US marines are like the biggest circle jerking fucktards. Theyre annoying as fuck and they never shut the fuck up about it. That being said, every other branch is cool and i support them
>>
>>37778306
I believe you can't have a criminal background. Right?
>>
>>37772028
>comparing US to UK marines
>>
>>37773205
>I can help perform first aid I'm way more intelligent and useful than you.
Wow, and they wonder why our soldiers don't get respect.
Can you program? No? Oh, sucks, could have been someone actually useful in this 21st century.
>>
>>37778306
Plenty of black people have aspirations to join the military, especially the Marines

but a lot of blacks in the hood are actually too pussy-mode to do anything worthwhile with their lives, for a variety of reasons

t. black guy living in the hood
>>
>>37778306
12% of american population black
16% of military population black
They are more likely to join the military than any other minority.
>>
File: 1465754618510.gif (933 KB, 343x284) Image search: [Google]
1465754618510.gif
933 KB, 343x284
>>37778306
>2 black people on my street, why is that?
>both retired marines
military is the best way to pursue a career if youre a poorfag
>>
>8 yrs + career military

Fk free will, you sure you can do better? why you not Bill Gates or eEon Musk yet?
>delusional
Think about it, if you perform what it needs to be done, nobody have to told you to do everything. (if everything done correctly)
Just another day of life, you get paid, you might end up in war (so be it) but you will make lots friends, travel, sty fit. Only draw back is girls are bias about you because they think you just want to fuck and leave (true too)

How many friends you have that will die for you? Dedicated bromance, we encourage each other to be better in life everyday, laugh on weak mind shit bags. Trust me, to live this life full and well is to NEVER let the person you hate own this world.

I participate Marathon in many place (love marathon), love lifting, love travel, love free education, love how I get all that while getting paid.

I don't know other country, but be mature, know where you need to be and what must be done, and don't be a pussy. You will be good no matter military or beyond. Or simply you will be a nobody no matter where you go.
>>
>>37773205
m6 or 62a?
>can't paass tape
>can't do PT
>only worry about OER/NCOER
>somehow can't be kick out because army wants to keep medical running.
>profit.

Seriously, when is last time you see Maj above run a PT session?
>>
>>37778082
found the fatass with limited critical thinking skills
>>
>>37772060
>muh free will
I'm sure you're doing wonderful independent things at your desk job. props to you for not being a slave to uncle sam.
>>
>OP

last thing, what matters to others of you is NOT your name, but what comes AFTER your name.

Like James Hunt, F1 racer
LeBrown James, NBA player
Except James.

James N. Mattis, born as most bad ass mfker. If he runs for president most military will vote for him.
>>
>>37772060

stay buttmad, basement kid
>>
>>37778306
because they are lazy niggers. that's why they are poor in the first place. the military is hard why would they join when the government gives them money for free.
>>
>>37778512
>Lebrown
kek
>>
Whatever fags, I'm joining the AF as an air traffic controller. This is the best option for me, because my family is poor as fuck.
>>
>>37778474
they don't have M6 anymore, it's now 68C and entry level
t. 68C reservist just out of AIT
>>
Honestly I joined for the pussy and reduced college.
Aesthetic Lifter < Average looking Soldier 9/11 times
Given that their lady talking skills are equal
>>
>>37772028
>death
>>
Tried to kill myself and someone called the cops. After forced psychiatric care, would they even consider me in the army/navy/the like(Swefag)?
>>
File: merchant1.png (225 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
merchant1.png
225 KB, 800x764
Have fun being a Zionist pawn fighting for the freedom and security of Israel.
>>
File: xXxStrangeTamer69xXx.jpg (593 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
xXxStrangeTamer69xXx.jpg
593 KB, 1280x723
>>37778839
/thread
>>
>>37772028
Already did. Best decision of my life. 100% paid tuition plus a bonus, plus 700 a month for being guard. Literally getting paid to get my degree so I can commission active and make even more money
>>
>>37772028
Make this post 3 months from now n tell in detail how your going to kys cuz u made the biggest mistake of your life
>>
>>37776165
This exactly. Joined guard and am getting paid to get my degree
>>
>>37772060
>free will *tightens his leather gloves* yes, free will is essential *unsheathes xis daisho* for enlightened creatures such as us, but now i must terminate you, see you on the other side of the space/time continuum, kid
>>
>>37772028
Those are some pretty clean uniforms
>>
>>37773205
>>37772028

You guys crack me up...

OP- Firefighter/Paramedic here.

>People actually like us
>We actually care and work for the people in our community, not for Israel
>We get paid to work out (Mandatory 1 hour gym session per shift)
>Actually make decent money so I can buy protons and don't have to eat frozen chicken breast daily.

Be a firefighter... What is this? 1945? Bitches don't care about your marine shit, at least not the girls of quality. They want firefighters! We make good partners for sugar mommas that want the big career and a stay at home daddy with our 8-10 day a month schedules and months of vacation and leave time.
>>
>>37778024
Nah, that's the CLS guys I train.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 640x480
>>37778339
>programming
>meaning anything after the huge outsource boom in India

>>37778474
68w. I know how that sounds but your perview depends on your competency and your PA.

>>37779832
Nigga, I was a DOJ contractor before this shit. Sorry if I want to go to where trouble is instead of waiting for it to find me. Also:
>1 hr mandatory gym time
>not promotions based on PT scores
>>
>>37772125
There is no purpose, life is an absurd mess.
>>
>>37772747
>>>/k/
>>
>>37780215
you look like a twink
>>
>>37778183
We didn't have technology at the level we have it now during vietnam.
And Afghanistan isn't a war. We are occupying a country and letting our soldiers die to roadside bomb attacks. We shouldn't even be there.
>>
>>37777687
>Listen, the military training process doesn't create robots, it creates troops with enhanced critical thinking skills and proficiency in the art and science of warfare.

lol

You'll belive this bullshit until you actually join the military, Get back to me when you find out how basic infantry training really is. Enjoy pretending you're rommel jr while your corporal is screaming insults at you for trying to be a rocket scientist during a section attack.
>>
File: lolk.jpg (273 KB, 968x2272) Image search: [Google]
lolk.jpg
273 KB, 968x2272
>>37780335
I'm aware that I'm not "eat big to get big" big, but I get the job done; hucking 230lb meatheads around - fireman's carry or litter
>>
Whatever fags I'm going to make SF, kill niggers, make 6 figures, be fit as fuck, get paid to compete in my sport.
>>
>>37778111
Hopefully you get your wish soon, meatshield
>>
>>37780351
A war requires two conventional armies to fight.
There hasn't been a war since Korea.
>>
>>37780519

Even your "carries" are named after firefighters yet you still dispute that being an "army bandaid man" is cooler.

How many surgical airways have you performed in the last month? How many trauma patients have you worked on. Glorified firstaiders... oh lawdy.

Promoting based on PT scores.

Naw bro... My agency actually pays you to go to school and to be an officer its almost expected you go to grad school. The people above me didn't get there because they did a few extra pushups, its because they have masters degrees.
>>
>>37772028
Was fat when I was young. Now too old.
>>
>>37780555
Gulf?
>>
>>37780537
>this is what literally everybody who thinks they're going to be SF believes

>nobody in USSOCOM actually behaves this way

nah, you're likely going to be meatshield marine infantry

when you get shot, please get shot in the head so tax dollars aren't wasted on your hospital stay, the posthumous hunk of metal that is a purple heart is already too much
>>
>>37780577
Not Amerifat.
>>
>>37780558
You put out fires; I return it.

Look, bud I don't really give a shit who's "more totally rad" I do what I have to do and you do what you want to do. I've got nothing bad to say about firefighters except that your unions are shit and the good 'ol boy club takes precedence over quality studs and results. But that's just the departments I used to work around.
>>
>>37780432

It actually does, its designed so that in a firefight you know what needs to be done and everyone can do their job as part of their squad/platoon. Take a Platoon of civilians and put them in a firefight and they will flip out and die because those 50 people are doing 50 different things.
>>
>>37772497
All of that is true you dumb nig.
>>
>>37772028
because being a doctor is objectively the best job
>>
>>37780555

> What is the North Vietnamese Army
>>
>>37780623
You can be a doctor in the military without having to deal without student loans
>>
>>37780566
You heard me I said conventional.
Just because a nigga had some tanks and choopers doesn't give him an Army.
We fucked them up beyond belief.

We had 147 people die in the gulf "war"
We've had only 3k ish people die in Operation Enduring Freedom.

Korean and Vietnam era only had about 60k deaths.

WWII had over 600k people die from our side.
That's a huge difference between a rebel group and an organized military.
>>
>>37780633
im not american, so no student loans for me thankfully

although i do see your point, doctors in america get it pretty rough for the noble profession they are doing
>>
Congrats lad! Going to join the Army with an option 40 contract when I graduate next year. I put a lot of thought into it and the idea of being in college immediately after High school didn't appeal to me, but the Rangers always have.
>>
>>37780671
I would recommend doing a community college degree before. It's only 2 years you can increase your fitness and what not. But if you're 100% sure go straight into it
>>
>>37780635
Deaths don't mean anything. That was literally the definition of conventional
>>
>>37780602
Now you are a firefighter and have an opinion on unions. How old are you kid?

Good old boys club... yea... cuz you want to work with autists and assholes for up to 30 years 1/3 of your life.

Anti-union? Sounds like you didn't make it through the process and might have worked for a contract, part time or volunteer department and might be butthurt that some of us make a family wage which happens to be damn near or over 6 figures.

Sorry bro. It's not really a fight. It's just funny to watch you back peddle to my responses which started off as satire and other folks who are poking holes in your posts.
>>
>>37780853
So you're a Paramedic/Firefighter, which would likely mean you had to pass the national registry and whatever additional state boards are required; but you need contractors to do work because there's either too small a pool of people who have the "family wage earning" skillset or because the market is over saturated and you just pick folk you can stomach living around for perm spots. Which is it? Are all your firefighter's equally worthy of adulation or is it just you, the chief and the five guys in admin who order the EMT-B's in turnout gear around?

Also you know damn well the likelihood of you and yours actually performing the traditional "fireman's carry" is minute at best.
>c-spine, bro.
>>
>>37772028
I served in the IDF (so LITERALLY fighting for the jews)

Easily the worst 3 years of my life. I was close to an heroing tens of times.
>>
Can you be in the US Army if you have high functioning tism?
>>
>>37781204
Yup. Look up military intelligence or CBRNE.
>>
>>37781137
Somebodies mad...

C-spine? Rescue and medical are two different things. Plus if you knew how to read a peer reviewed medical journal you would realize spinal immobilization is on its way out. Most ALS services only carry boards for moving people and rapid extrication as its still easier to throw a sack of potatoes on a board than it is to carry them.

What are you going on about? Are you upset that to he a FF/PM you have to be qualified? As if that is not an IFSTA-IFSAC/state fire Marshall decision and a NREMT/state health department decision.

You seriously pulling the right to work labor card on professional credentials?

You want your mom to call 911 and have guys who wear the uniform but have no credentials show up? The fact that you even think this is a union call just shows how little you know. The union does not dictate operations, only a small grey area where operations can have an effect on conditions.
>>
>>37772060
its like you think there arent people who join up to kill people for money
>>
>>37781457
I'm just wondering where the line is at this point. FF/PM reqs vary by locale and I want to know where you're coming from on the cert side. This whole conversation started with the idea that you, as a Firefighter/Paramedic have a wider scope than Army Medics, so I'm curious as to whether or not that's just you who is cooler than me or if it's everybody your department employs. I think the misunderstanding is coming from the internet voice you've given my type.

The PHTLS EC has been looking at the downplaying of immobilization since, like, 2011 but your MO dictates the SOP anyway. It's just that, over here on the military side, the PA can just kinda waive limitations at their discretion instead of having to create an entirely new standard for everyone in the district.

Please understand, this may have started as a zing-and-zang, but I'm actually interested now. It's true I haven't had a whole lot of experience with inter-departmental relations, I was never a firefighter or a professional EMS worker before I joined the Army, I was a Dept of Justice contractor.
>>
>>37772028
I'd fucking love to, but I'm 18 and my mum would never let me.
>>
>>37781457
I'll also freely admit that there are whole realms of medicine that my line of work doesn't even touch because the liklihood of a 19-year-old 11 bang-bang, in the prime of his life, with a resting heart rate of 40bpm is going to have cardiac or diabetic issues. I deal in trauma, mostly, with sparse limited primary care shifts that come, inexorably, around like death and taxes. So, what even got us down this path? My comment that I didn't like the cut of the union dudes I used to have to interact with? That I got the wrong impression? Why do you feel the need to defend your "family wage" dudes to the detriment of the other rescuers your department employs? Hell, dude, I'm glad you're out there and I would like everyone who shows up to 911 to be on the same page skill-wise but I know that's not the case in your world like it is in mine.

There are shitbag medics, no doubt about it, but there are also shitbag PMs who had to drop out of my AIT course because they couldn't wrap their heads around the new SOPs - or shoot and save at the same time.

Let's re-focus: what conclusion are we trying to draw?

Who's job is cooler?

Who's job is a better match for /fit/izens?

What?
>>
>>37779827

It's almost like they were cleaned and posed for a picture and those guys aren't actually in combat
>>
>>37781758
maybe they just have really strict NCO's
>do you think arctic troops get to wear white socks with their duty uniform?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 340x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 340x346
>>37772060
>everyone in the military is brainwashed

How fucking stupid are you, really please tell me

I've been in the airforce now for 5 months and it's the best decision I ever made in my life

And no I don't fucking love America honestly this place is a pretty big shithole and I am against a lot of the stuff the government does

I didn't join for muh cuntryyy

I joined because I was 19 working at Abercrombie and Fitch making 200$ every 2 weeks going nowhere in life and I wasn't born into a rich family to pay for college for me and fuck going into 40k of debt for some shitty ass degree that will get me instead of being a stock worker at Abercrombie I'll be a manager big fucking change then I would have been making 15$ an hour instead of 9

I'm getting
>free housing
>free schooling
>free food
>free gym membership
>free healthcare

And I'm going to be controlling the camera on an mq9 reaper basically sitting in a fucking chair for 8 hours a day

Oh and when I get out I can work a government contracting job also sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day controlling a camera on an RPA and make 180k a year

So go fuck yourself faggot

- a 20 year old who looks better than you, doesn't have a house payment, doesn't have a grocery list, doesn't have medical bills, doesn't have school debt, doesn't have debt for school, and lifts for free whenever I want

>mfw you were cucked into thinking the military is jail when I'll get out in 6 years and be 26 still living a better life than you ever will
>>
>>37781589

Whats funny is how none of this even started talking about protocols or the actual medicine, other than my comment about surgical airways as a satirical joke about dick waving. Seriously, anyone that goes to "I CAN DO SURGICAL AIRWAYS" is aspie level and has always been an "ARMY MEDIC" with actually very little airway management training.

Surgical airways are tough, and anyone that blows them over as being "casual" has no idea what they are talking about. The reason YOU can do one, is as a last ditch effort measure.

Its the same reason we do blind pericardiocentesis in the field and blind central lines, you can't make dead or near dead any deader. Its low risk, because you've already thrown the baby out with the bath water.

So lets talk about "skills" since you want the dick measuring contest.

You seem to like surgical airways. What is your continuing education? We have to do one cadaver cut a year to remain in system. In addition minimum of 12 live intubations either in the field or in the OR and a difficult airway course in the OR.

C-Spine? Paramedics have been clearing C-spine in the field for decades in some systems. Using determination of mechanism, as well as a thorough physical exam, you can determine that C-spine is not needed and or can be modified using a Towel, an airsplint, ect. EMS at the ALS level is not cookie cutter, its common sense.

I don't understand why you think we operate out of a cookbook. We have written protocols that are vague and left to interpretation. They allow us, emergency service workers to perform as an extension of our medical director we work under and train with. In addition, we go to school, continue training at work (over 300 hours a cert cycle of lecture and lab, 100 hours a year) and continually to go into the hospital for additional specialty rotations. This is on top of our ability to consult via phone/radio and get additional orders or modify protocols.
>>
>>37781941

CONTINUED

It depends on state, but my state has no limitations on medication or product (blood) that we can carry or use with orders. Be it our original written orders or additional orders via phone/radio or in person for transfers.

In regards to PHTLS... LOL... you mean cookbook work? Trauma is just that. Try ACLS my man. Algorithms are merely the tip of the iceberg into clinical decision making. Shock that stable V-Tach PT or not? Guy goes in for back pain a few days ago, gets diagnosed with a AAA, has complications with fluid and CT contrast due to an unknown renal failure caused by cancer which has spread from the bladder. Causes flash pulmonary edema, and damages the heart leaving the PT with new-onset A-fib and a garbage bag full of medicine he started 4 days ago when he was discharged. Now you are in his living room as he talks to you in wide complex V-tach at a rate of 190. What do you do? There is no right or wrong answer.

Don't get me wrong as well, the difference between you and me is that I don't need to brag about THIS ONE TRICK I KNOW.... I understand my role, I know what I am and what I am not, and I go to work and do my job. I am not a doctor, I am not a nurse, I am a prehospital provider at the ALS level.

Once again, I don't know if I answered your question, but this really has nothing to do with this conversation or how this all started. That is just 50% of the job.

Point is, I still got paid $60 an hour to go work out on overtime. My job is more /fit/.
>>
>>37781939
You could still bother to love America without loving the current administration you fucking pog.
>>
File: image.jpg (728 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
728 KB, 1936x1936
>>37772060
>first duty station
>Nellis AFB Nevada
>mfw I'm stationed 20 mins from the Las Vegas strip
>mfw I can go out and fuck Vegas bitches whenever I want
>mfw living in Vegas for free
>mfw my gym is 100,000 square feet and I don't even have to pay
>pic related

Kek you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>37781941
If you want to get the measuring stick out: the surgical cric is the last ditch, but at least it's an option. I don't have the luxury of cadaver cuts because, more often than not, I'm either working on bleeding or charred human beings that are quickly making the transition to human remains or I'm CONUS practicing on pigs and goats in front of PETA observers with assholes so tight they could seal the luer-locks on a striker. It's not exactly a wait-around-to-be-called profession: it's a 24-hour training cycle 7 days a week. I not only have to keep a constant string of medical courses in HABC order, but I also have to keep in the tactical game to stay competitive. I won't lie and say all Army Medics are high-speed low-drag Medical Joes, but the opportunities are amazing.

As far as C-spine goes, there are only two real combat scenarios where C-spine even warrants consideration and the clearing system has to be a little quicker because we're not just working against the time the casualty has left, we're also working against the very tangible forces that are pissed their IED didn't finish us off.

Common sense? I'll give you that one: there are some retarded protocols on both of our sides but the critical decision making generally hits folk on the other side of the fence harder and faster than folks in an MVC.

I'm very glad you have the option of calling the MedD when shit makes a left turn, but a lot of my guys don't have that option. There is no "what the fuck am I supposed to do now?" brevity code in a 9-line. More line medics have to maintain a standard of training and experience that allows them to be that final call on everything medical their platoon/team/squad might face; and my guys are damn good at it. I'll make you a litter and a bag holder capable of making the hump back to the fob out of 6 MRE spoons and 3" tape if I have to, because I don't always have the option of calling in another board.
>>
>>37782009

There's a reason they call it the Chair Force
>>
>>37781986
And please, don't misunderstand me, I know what I am not: I am not a firefighter, and although 68w's have to pass the National Registry at a minimum and the PM to get anywhere, I am not an EKG reader.

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America, in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
>>
>>37782145
wow bro, you sure got him good!
>>
>>37781939
>free free free
>sit on my ass all day

You sound like a fucking welfare queen. You're a drain on society and a useless piece of shit.
>>
>>37782145

Obvious hater who did not score high enough to get in.
>>
>>37782009

kys please welfare queen
>>
>>37782162

If I was speaking out of malice, I might've gone with the Air Farce, but it was more rueful observation.

My branch was the most accurate acronym (Never Again Volunteer Yourself)
>>
>>37782103

Oh my god... you are so fucking thick....

So you are deployed year round, for your whole 20 year career? You don't have access to live training aids and fresh human cadavers?

You mock PHTLS/ATLS (which is not protocol, but rather guidelines and best practices) and then proceed to start talking about tactics and not actual medicine. "WELL YOU GUYS GOTTA DO THIS, BUT WE DO THIS BECAUSE BOMBS AND STUFF...."

Dude.... that common sense thing? Yea you don't have it.

Option to call? You think its a phone call to ask for "HELP".... Its a consult. If you actually performed or practiced medicine you would know what a consultation is. Its about doing what is best for the patient, ultimately why you do this and not your ego. Everyone consults, form the EMS staff to ER staff to Specialists transferring to other specialists. You seem to that we receive "ORDERS" as if some guy in a box tells us what to do. Its far form that, but I want to talk to a trauma surgeon 1 hour away and discuss if he think the patient should go to the regional hospital or if he has an OR suite ready to go and a helicopter ready to pick up my patient.

Dude... Just stop...
>>
>>37782159

Yea.... and I am a medical provider in the prehospital setting. That is the difference... dude seriously your HOO RAA army screams 16 year old, or at least 16 year old mind in a grown mans body.

I hope this is troll.

I really do, for your mental health.
>>
>>37782193
Dude, 100% you school me and most of my line medics at knowing what pills and pushes to give Grandpa, but don't come out of the gate thinking you've gotta make decisions any more critical or your extra bells and whistles somehow negate my job out-of-country. I'd love to have the option to call my MO when I need consultation on a casualty's best care, but we don't have that in austere environs just yet. Triage, sorting, and transportation calls have to be made by the medic right there, right now because there might not be a forward surgical team or any level 3 care set up in the AO.

You're either getting tired or you're like me and slowly getting drunk, paragod.
>>
>>37782221
Alright, fair, but be honest, you totally set me up for that one. The alcohol brings out the hooah and I've spent too much time in not to nurse that spark every now and then.
>>
>>37772060
The military is the most powerful group on this planet earth right now though.

It's not you who is going to survive a major catastrophe like in your video games, it's the military.

It's not you who is going to get first access to advanced technology like in your movies, it's the military who gets first dibs

Why? Because they are really good at killing and controlling which is the only power that matters.

It would seem you are the one who is brainwashed by your consumerist life style which is afforded to you by none other than the military.
>>
>>37782286

I am glad the chair force does not shout stupid things and instead tells us not to rape every week.
>>
>>37782268
>>37782286

You prove my point. The difference between a medical provider and a first aid monkey.

See, the army teaches you to think linear. If this do this. Its why you cannot actually have a real conversation and probably why you've made poor life choices such as blaming your lack of intellect on alcohol, which may or may not be true.

Medicine is not linear. Its not about memorizing pills, or special considerations for grandpa or grandma. Its about understanding basic human anatomy and physiology and how internal hormones and products, external pharmacology, traumatic insults, chronic disease processes and mutations related to aging and development present in the clinical setting in both a "sick" and "not sick" individual and how to mitigate deterioration and stabilize until hand off.

Thank you for your service, I am glad you are fighting for Israel and not showing up at my mothers home tonight when she has a medical or traumatic emergency or rescue situation. We got it at home, soldier boy... Just keep rolling around in charred bodies and drinking until you make a fool of yourself on 4chan.
>>
>>37782145
>>37782166
>>37782171

>waaa I'm too much of a pussy to go through 2 months of BMT and not be able to watch my tranny midget zoofilia porn so I'm gonna talk shit

Join the club

Don't hate me cause you ain't me
>>
>>37782268
>I'd love to have the option to call my MO when I need consultation on a casualty's best care, but we don't have that in austere environs just yet.

Have you guys heard of skype?
>>
File: _71779128_atlas.png (1 MB, 624x806) Image search: [Google]
_71779128_atlas.png
1 MB, 624x806
>>37782145
They have the greatest weapons and greatest intelligence technology of all the branches though.

When humanoid drones get deployed alongside you for the first time it will have been a air force engineer piloting it or having programmed it.

Unless you contracted out to google
>>
>>37782313
>first access to advanced technology

I don't know about you, but while I was in almost everything we used was built in the 60s and was the exact opposite of "advanced". Because advanced shit breaks and is more expensive or difficult to repair. If your only option is to order a new one you're kind of fucked if you're in a spot where you can't.
>>
>>37782372
That's pretty funny coming from a lazy piece of shit like you. I did my 6 years and now I'm getting a PhD because I don't want to be a welfare queen like you and everyone else that is too fucking stupid to do anything except join the military.
>>
Can't wait join the Canadian military. The recruiters said they'll pay and encourage to compete in oly lifting. The coaches they have are god tier

I'm about to graduate uni soon with a meme forensic sci degree. I don't want to go officer. What's better infantry or combat eng? Who gets to do more operator stuff?
>>
>>37782397
>posts picture of a robot owned by Google that literally can't walk or turn a door knob

Yes good call mate, we live in the future of military robotic applications.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (10 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
10 KB, 221x228
>>37782408

If the military is still letting economics hold them back they really need to educate themselves.
Economic manipulation is crucial to controlling strategic assets.

What I mean is that all this advanced technology gets invented by the military first and if anyone else invents something neat they just march in their with their guns and tell them to fork it over.

Maybe the branches don't get access to the best stuff because they simply don't need it right now to maintain global hegemony. No demand, no supply.
>>
>>37772028
>A marine is favoured to doctors every time.

Let me show you what happens to US Vets and how much society reveres them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZQEJblS6tI
>>
File: images (14).jpg (5 KB, 214x192) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
5 KB, 214x192
>>37782441
Your ignorance is so palpable I can almost taste it.

You will be fighting along side or controlling humanoid drones sooner rather than later. It honestly all depends on when you will start fighting an enemy more threatening than vagabounds with IEDs and ak 47s who all happen to be controlled opposition.
>>
>>37782425
Why not get free shit?

are you literally retarded?

>muh hardworking mentality I urned my monies

Fuck off faggot you probably got discharged or they made job cuts and you weren't good enough

I literally don't have to worry about anything I can put 100% of energy into making myself a better person and improving in every aspect of my life but somehow since I get free housing/food/etc I'm a piece of shit?

Alright brah just remember anybody can join
>>
>>37772028
>> civilians adore
not true
>> active, fit
you can do this with any job
>> technical skills
also not true
>>
>>37782503
>>> civilians adore
>not true
They do
>>> active, fit
>you can do this with any job
Nope
>>> technical skills
>also not true
More jobs than just grunt
>>
>>37780555
There's so many definitions of war. I would say Vietnam was a war... But the US technically never declared war. Congress just authorized spending and the deployment of troops.
>>
>>37773205
Someone just finished fieldcraft 2 haha. GTFO
>>
>>37772028
At 25 I'm about to join the navy. I have a two degrees (Bachelor and Masters) and speak two languages fluently. I have some work experience and am in great shape. I'm joining as a surface operational officer in navigation.
>>
>>37772028
>> serve your country
the military in my country is a joke, you do literally nothing to serve anyone, except maybe helping out if there is a flood or something

>> civilians adore
see above, you are seen as a meathead, leeching off society

>> active, fit
yes

>> technical skills
depends on what your job in the military is
>>
>>37772028
>hurrdurr ima muhreen I shoot muslims and serve muh cuntree
>>
>>37779832
Go save a cat up a tree ya fahckin homo
>>
File: IMG_529264589731824.jpg (72 KB, 960x598) Image search: [Google]
IMG_529264589731824.jpg
72 KB, 960x598
>>37772028
So many civilians, NEETS and degenerate fucks in this thread. The OP was right as it stands. I won't bother nitpicking this whole thread tho.
Source: 11B in the 82nd.
I'll just say this: most of the army is civilians and soldiers that are basically civilians. No one is beaten down and remolded into anything here. Those in the old army, sure, but not anymore. I have my free will to do anything as long as I show up for work like any other fucking job. Less than 1% of the army is grunts, and we just support the actual support on an everyday basis when not training.
I have a job, a bachelor's from a good university, and the benefits have me set for life. Sure it's not the best. Sure I have to sleep in ditches and eat shit food sometimes. Sure I could have chosen to go to med school instead. But I chose to serve because I am capable. I chose to serve so someone else wouldn't have to. To be a part of something that actually matters. This is what most of you don't understand, can't understand, and won't ever understand.
I may not love my job. I may not love everyone I work with or who I work for. And I may not like everything the military or the US does. But I love my family. And if there's even a 1% chance that my actions in the military or skills I've learned during my service will help protect the ones I love, then it's worth everything.
>>
>Be dumb, join the army
>Be killed
>Or eaven worse, wounded, you lose your arm or leg, or eye(s) or whatever part of you.
>become PTST'd criple that everyone treat like second class citezen.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>37782691

I did, and thanks for the tip, I ended up giving your mom the tip when I used the tree to climb into her window. Too bad though, she would have been wreked by my ladder company and our bangor ladder.
>>
I was professionally diagnosed with Autism at an early age.
>tl;dr Army doesn't allow Autists
>>
>>37772028
Does anyone else here wanna join the military/police just so they can have something to do with their hobby being fitness?

I wanna join because I like lifting/running/etc, but don't because that's literally the only reason I want to join.
>>
>>37772028

>below average iq
>too stupid for education
>get sent to some dusty shithole
>thinking you're the shit because they give you weapons
>can't actually do anything with them
>>
Infantry marine here. Healthy as fuck when I came in. Now I'm 23 and I have stress fractures in both my shins and like no cartilage left in one of my knees.

Both of these things hurt very bad, and our medical people don't do shit to help me.

I can't recommend it. I also am about to get out and have nothing to show for myself other than a GI bill, mild alcoholism, and a lack of ability to be nice or happy.
>>
File: 1467152386827.png (307 KB, 482x598) Image search: [Google]
1467152386827.png
307 KB, 482x598
i just graduated, studied architecture at one of the top public universities in california. my roomate has been applying to the pilot program in the navy, so i'm slightly familiar with the process.

i had never considered it myself, but now, i am. i have great vision (12/20 left eye, 16/20 right eye), excellent motor-learning skills, great visual-spatial awareness, etc). i would have to study for the test, obviously, to go over the historical and detailed aspects of it.

despite this, what are my chances of getting accepted? my gpa was okay (3.3) in a nontechnical field. i hear gpa is weighted fairly heavily.

will my eyesight give me an advantage in applying? or is it one of those things where, after a certain point, it doesn't matter much anymore?
>>
>>37783009
This. Just got out of Army at 25, body of a fucking 50 year old.
>>
>>37783009
/wlg/ here, and i do a kind of squat every time i work out. what did you do wrong?
>>
>>37783061
Try buying a pair of heavy shitty boots, strap 130 lbs on your back, and walk for 20 miles every week for a couple years.

That's the infantry.
>>
>>37783013
>architecture
>3.3 gpa
yeah, I can see why you are looking for a different field
>>
>>37783009
Doesn't the military in the US pay you benefits for life in this case? At least some guy said that a while ago, he gets like 1500 a month for the rest of his life because injuries.

Also I heard that all these paratroopers need double knee replacements in their 30s
>>
>>37783095
to be honest, i had a 4.0 coming into the program. i slacked off, started devoting more time to other things besides school. i put in minimal effort, just enough to get by. i like architecture, but i'd do industrial design over it.

gpa in architecture is tricky because you are graded subjectively by the instructor. there is no objective criteria, like in the sciences. then, your relationship with the professors matters greatly.

on the flipside, what matters most in the industry is your portfolio. as an example, harvard graduate school of design has no minimum cutoff gpa.
>>
You get paid less than minimum wage, and once you choose your specialization from your recruiter, you're basically stuck with it.
>>
File: 0873 - 99ZT0TL.jpg (291 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
0873 - 99ZT0TL.jpg
291 KB, 1440x960
>>37783013

Will your eyes give you an advantage? No. Do not go into a recruiting office saying "Yeah I have good eyes, I learn very easily with a 3.3 GPA, and my awareness is that of a samurai, I am wanting to be -insert job-".

Studying for a placement test is stupid. It is all common knowledge. I got 70+ in all fields on my ASVAB and can become literally anything. Man the fuck up, go take the test you need, and pick a job. Do not like it? Good, you can change your job as long as you are not in a critical field.

Pussy ass bitch, I hope I get to boss you around for mentioning your eyes.
>>
>>37783119
1500 a month... kid... when you are an adult and not living at mom's 1500 is what most people have to pay to fart under a roof.

>mfw... make 5000-9000 a month depending on OT. Barely middle class. Had to leave the city and live in a rural location. Will never have same quality of life as baby boomers.
>>
>>37783144
haha holy shit are you this upset?
cringey
>>
>>37783134
>thinks other majors don't have to suck up to professors too
>>
>>37783144
>70+
You have to score a lot higher than 70 in order to "pick anything", unless you want to pick anything from the grunt jobs

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-and-army-jobs.html
>>
>>37783207

Too bad i was smart enough to join the Chair Force and not be a bitch.
>>
>>37783217
You better picked pilot then
>>
>>37783204
not in the same way. it's very difficult to agree upon objective criteria by which to judge design. how do you grade the design of a project in the same way that you grade 1+1 = 3?

but, i'm not really here to argue about this. mostly here to get advice re aviation paths
>>
>>37772028
eh

good benefits, yeah, but really my gripe with the military (other than the whole risking for something you truly might not believe in) deal is that in the military they train you to do one thing very good - just that one thing really

you really don't get that much exposure to different stuff
>>
File: 1464106444818.jpg (49 KB, 354x352) Image search: [Google]
1464106444818.jpg
49 KB, 354x352
>>37772060
Well tipd my friend
>>
>>37783119
Yeah, I'll probably get a good bit for my knee, plus I lost a finger so that's some dough, but please don't look at VA benefits as a plus to enlisting. Fuck money, I'd much rather have good legs and a finger. I can hardly walk short distances right now.
>>
FBI is better desu.
>>
>>37783255
Im fucked up shin/knee guy. I'm an 0352, anti tank missileman. My job is just basic infantry stuff plus TOW and javelin missiles. That's all I'm trained for.

I've ridden in humvees, LAVs, AAVs, tanks, ospreys, landing crafts, I've been on ship, I've been hoisted into Blackhawks, I've shot M4s, AKs, RPKs, 240s, 249s, .50 machine guns, .50 sniper rifles, an M40 one time, a few missiles, AT4s, dropped mortars, Mk19s, I've thrown a fuckload of grenades and shot my 203 a bunch, and a ton of other shit. I got to call for fire with fucking A10s one time.

If it doesn't relate to your job you don't get directly trained on it, and you don't work with it everyday, but there are so many chances to work alongside other jobs and say "hey lemme jump on that".

I'm not an advocate of enlisting but there's no shortage of cool shit to do over the years.
>>
>>37777981
>implying everyone has the same opportunities as you

For some the army is their best choice
>>
>>37773205
Havent been forced to work in a hospital yet I see.
>>
>>37772028
>have amazing endurance
>13 pullups
>good generic strength

but too old, 28 kek.
>>
Sometimes I get acne on my head and it wouldn't look good if my head was shaved.
>>
>>37776041
Army enlisted nurse here. The LPN life is decent pay-wise if you're married and getting the housing stipend. Army RN's make about the sane as their peers at entry-level.

All our nurses work in hospitals stateside taking care of fat retirees and the occasional active duty soldier. I'd love to do MSF or something one day. Nursing starving Africans and shit.
>>
>>37772028
Couldn't enlist because of my condition, even though iam perfectly fine. Idk if people with diabetes can serve, but the state of my condition certainly is, for the moment, no way near as bad as diabetes. Well, no fun times at the bundeswehr for me.
>>
>>37782159
Jesus private go to bed holy shit
>>
>>37783705
>13 pull ups
>amazing
>>
>>37783847
>pullups
>endurance
>>
The only jobs I would go for are stuff like Air traffic control or pilot. Skills that are actually useful in the civilian world.
>>
>>37783847
13 pullups is literally kid tier

Try 30
>>
File: 16717313195_861c09e329_h.jpg (553 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
16717313195_861c09e329_h.jpg
553 KB, 1600x900
>>37772028
Do people in the military actually believe things like

>"I enlisted in the Army so I can serve my country"

>"Civilians in the US can only enjoy their priviledges in the US because soldiers are keeping them save by fighting in the middle east"

These pretentious fucks act like there is no other way to "serve your country" other than being in the military. No matter what job you have, you contribute some service to society.
>>
>>37773205
Nigger, a monkey with a ballpointpen and some motorskills can preform the same thing.
>>
>>37783739
Bist du blöd? Diabetes ist doch nicht Ok, du verreckst doch wenn du deine Spritze 2 tage lang nicht kriegst
>>
>>37772028
forced to die
>>
>>37782376
Try skyping immediately after your convoy hits an IED, please. lemme know how that goes.

>>37782323
And yet Lackland is a thing

>>37782362
We are both accusing one another of exactly the same thing. The difference is, I can admit you're better at a different end of the spectrum than I am but you will contend, to your dying day, that military personnel can never possibly hope to have a better grasp of trauma medicine or rapid extrication or care under fire or...probably anything, because you've got a textbook case of paragod syndrome. You're smart enough to know you're not a doctor but the idea that anyone you consider beneath you can have an equivalent understanding of A&P just pisses you off to your very core, doesn't it?

>>37783825
Buck 'Sarnt, CO won't let me say the old one 'cause it implies other soldiers may not all be on the up-and-up; I have to practice when I can.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.