[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best martial art and why /fit/? I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1458961725985.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458961725985.gif
2 MB, 320x240
What's the best martial art and why /fit/?

I'm thinking of starting Krav when I'm fit enough but I was wondering if you guys could provide some input.

pic not related,
>>
>>37768745
I'm a fan of those that redirect momentum (aikido/hapkido, pa kua)

but that's probably because I'm a 5'4 manlet and it's the only way I can take on someone bigger
>>
>>37768745
Krav maga is a meme
>>
>>37768795
Shame they're all bullshit.

>>37768745
Don't live in a shithole jitsu
Don't be a cunt fu
Parkour
boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling.
>>
Any of them are good so long as you don't go to a garbage gym. Look at reviews for the gym or see if you can watch a class before signing up
>>
File: 1419064038686.png (162 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1419064038686.png
162 KB, 480x480
>>37768745
I'm really tired of these threads
>>
>>37769062
>"fitness is only about weightlifting in a standard gym like in the sticky"
>>
File: 1395720457293.gif (2 MB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
1395720457293.gif
2 MB, 250x204
>>37769064
Fuck you this thread is shit

>What's the best martial art and why /fit/?

What a horrible question. Now every faggot is going to come in talking about how their BJJ dads can totally kill someones else's Boxing dad in one grapple

Then some Muay Thai fag is going to talk about how HIS dad can kill you by looking at you and declare himself the winner

And we'll have the same thread again tomorrow

These threads are shit. SHIT
>>
BJJ, you'll fall in love and will be able to train it for the rest of your life. (or your ego will get crushed and you'll wimp out like a pussy)
>>
File: best self defense.jpg (329 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
best self defense.jpg
329 KB, 1200x800
Picture related.
>>
How many black belts can I realistically get in my life? what styles are the easiest?
>>
>>37769248
If you stick with krotty and TKD you'll probably pull one a year.
>>
Best for what, OP?
Best for exercise?
Best for sport?
Best for "fucking some shit up"?
Best for an autistic school shooter wannabe with no balls?
Best to impress people?
Because there are several answers that are arguably correct, but your question is meaningless without defining terms.
>>
>>37768795
>>37768745

Krav and anything 'momentum' related will get you hurt in a real fight,

Boxing/Kickboxing
Wrestling
BJJ

Its the trinity, its effective Boxing/Kickboxing is for stand up, wrestling is good ONLY to help you transition a fight to the ground, and help you secure a good position on the ground (or defend from someone trying to take you to the ground, and BJJ is good for when you're on the ground.

Even manlets brosky, any type of Aikido-esque martial art is great if you want to learn an art, focus better mentally, become more coordinated, etc., there is literally nothing wrong with learning it.

It is wrong however to assume that it will save you in a fight.
>>
>>37769248
Go to any average gym that doesn't compete. They are called "belt farms" you pay your dues every month and they give you a new belt periodically. Its the "fastest" way.
>>
>>37768745
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o0VXlwIPVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1NAdZ95Z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Bmr6Oy9PI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDmd1u0AmJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AIM6Rih0RI

OOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is best fighting style
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.