[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You're a fucking hippie liberal piece of shit if yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: cute.png (1 MB, 609x985) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
1 MB, 609x985
>You're a fucking hippie liberal piece of shit if you don't want to slaughter animals

Why do people say that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN-wfd4Tm3s

How is this acceptable in a "civilized" society ?
>>
I don't give a shit

Animals exist to serve us. Literally the purpose many of the animals you love so much are bred and kept
>>
>>37768520
Why are you making a thread about this if that's how you feel?
>>
>>37768520
Lol why would you care that much about animals? Take it from someone who raises cows. They are dumb as fuck. Half of them are mean for no reason and even if they aren't purposely mean they could kill a little girl like that on accident quicker than you could say boo about it. They weigh a muscle bound literal ton and thanks to evolution as a prey animal they will literally spook from a shadow and just charge forward over anything or anyone in front of it. They aren't pets. And you're a tard.
>>
>>37768520
Are you the same guy making vegan threads every hour?

They say it because they feel triggered by you
>>
>>37768538
>>37768605
There's nothing wrong with eating meat for food. But thinking because they're of lesser intelligence that you can do whatever you want with them is degenerate as fuck.
>>
>>37768648
Didn't say that. They feel pain and it sickens me when they are needlessly tortured, but the problem is that most people who've never worked with livestock don't understand their high threshold for pain. I could wail on an adult one with my bare hands and itd have the same effect a fly on your arm.
>>
>>37768520
It's likely just frustration manifesting as aggression.

In truth it's pretty rediculous to talk about animal rights. There are best practices that should be followed to remain professional. Also torturing animals is a sign of mental instability and the people who do it are potential threats to human lives.

Animal rights however, is absurd to the point that it's even hard to talk about.
>>
this is the highest test thread we've had in a while
>>
>>37768648
I don't care, again.

What if I'm a degenerate? What's your point?
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 229x221) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 229x221
>>37768605
>Half of them are mean for no reason

looks like breh got on the wrong side of big betsy lol
>>
>>37768520
A picture like ops when used to elicit an emotional response which is usually followed by "y u kill da animals?" Is disengenuous and bullshit. It up there with comparing dogs and livestock.

I would not kill that cow or anybody's pet fifi because that would cause emotional pain to the human being. People can bond with specific animals and killing there pet would be a dick move. I've had pets before and I was sad when they eventually died. To use that as an example of why you shouldn't kill animals for food is moronic.
>>
>>37770003
Fuck dude you have no idea. Lol I exaggerated though its way less than half most are totally indifferent to just about everything one or two are genuinely kind and a few on the other spectrum were able to discern that they are unstoppable tanks and will plow through fences, people, you name it. Those are the McDonald's candidates
>>
>>37770085
exactly, I would never kill anyone's pet

I don't think I could kill any domestic animal unless it would die a painful death without my interference, actually, but I'm planning on going hunting once I get my license to carry

at the risk of sounding like a faggot, in the GoT book (idk about the show) Ned Stark said, "A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is" and I think that holds very true when thinking about animals as well. if you rely only on farms for your meat--not even getting into how inhumanely some of them operate--you're very disconnected from the process. killing your own food reconnects you to it and allows you to have more of an appreciation for what you're eating
>>
>>37770807
I just mean that I wouldn't kill the cow in OP's image because I don't want to make a little girl cry. I don't give a shit about the cow itself. That's why comparing pets to livestock is stupid.

The question always comes up "why would you kill a cow if you wouldn't kill a dog?" Because as a meat eater either look like you're contradicting yourself or come across as a sociopath puppy killer. The truth is those things are really not comparable. I wouldn't kill a pet cow anymore than I would a pet dog.

If we were to compare them appropriately then the dog would have to be farm grown with the express purpose of eating it and the farm would have to have a financial incentive to not sell diseased meat. If that was the case I would happily eat that dog and even kill it myself for a discount.

How about hunting? Hunting a deer is not comparable to shooting a pet dog either. A better comparison would be hunting hyena, African wild dog, or wolves. Provided they aren't endangered, I could be relitavely certain the meat would not be tainted, and the payoff was worth my time I'd happily hunt them.

I've had pets before and you develope an emotional attachment to them. You start giving them human characteristics, teaching them tricks, and they can become very good companions. Comparing killing someone's pet to killing livestock is rediculous because killing a pet causes emotional distress in another human being, killing livestock does not. That's the fucking difference.
>>
>>37771162
ah so you don't give a damn about the animal itself, only a human's attachment to it

I see, I actually rather like animals so I was going from my POV

wasn't really trying to debate with you, was just adding on in case OP is still reading
>>
i only eat fish and chicken. don't really care about birds desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 960x960
>>37771187
I was just clarifying. I wasn't trying to put you on blast. Sorry if it came across that way. I just get sick of straw man bullshit like pic related.
>>
>>37768520
I don't give a damn. I just walk to the supermarket, get a piece of meat, prepare it and eat it. Hardly ever I even remember it was once alive, let alone picture the animal it comes from. It's just food, man.
>>
>>37771187
Also I like animals too. Pets can be lots of fun. But I don't see a farmer who shoots a coyote and loves his dog as being contradictory.
>>
>>37770003
fuckin kek!
>>
>>37768520
Is it morally wrong to deny people in africa eating their livestock and make them starve ?
>>
WTF i hate meat now
>>
Also if you haven't witnessed (or did it yourself) the execution of an animal you are a pussy. That's how people have been dong it for thousands of years, why change it now?
>>
>>37771902
Yes, niggers should die out, so we can make the whole middle part of africa an animal reservoir.
>>
http://www.sciencealert.com/vegetarian-and-healthy-diets-may-actually-be-worse-for-the-environment-study-finds

But what if you don't want to lose weight? What if you just want to replace the same amount of energy you get from meat with energy from vegetables? Well, then, to put it very simply, you need to eat a lot of vegetables. And when you contrast meat and vegetables on their impact per calorie as opposed to by weight, veggies suddenly don't look quite so environmentally friendly.

In the study, which was funded by CMU's Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research and the sustainability-focused Colcom Foundation, the researchers examined three different scenarios in terms of their energy and water use, and the greenhouse gas emissions that stem from the growing, processing, and transporting of food involved.

Yeah figured as much.. moral faggots ruining the whole planet once again.
>>
Man, /fit/ really does live up to the dumb meathead stereotype.

The thing is, OP, that you can't just tell people the truth if that truth means that they're ignorant hypocrites with false morals and a very low capacity for critical thinking. People don't like having to confront that sort of thing and so they lash out and attack you as a defense mechanism.
>>
>>37772010
What they found, in light of the data they examined, is that producing some vegetables and other foods results in high use of natural resources – and that eating more of those foods (as recommended for health by the USDA) in two particular scenarios results in higher energy use, blue water footprint and greenhouse gas emissions.

>yfw vegetarians are the reason north pole is melting
>>
>>37768520
It's a stereotype OP,
I happen to know many vegans, and they're all left wing hippie liberal pieces of shit. Not saying all vegans are like that, but a lot are. (I used to be vegan for years)
It's not their fault, they just can't accept reality. I wish them all the best though.
>>
>>37768520

I'm french. It's a debate going on right now.

What is happening is a failure in practices, it's supposed to be a quick painless death as Rémy keeps reminding "they should do this, they are doing that".

The system works, the people fail.
It's not a reason to push veganism and vegetarianism as "healthier" solutions.

Fuck Rémy for making that video and not calling out the PEOPLE who are responsible and giving a solution that will never fix THEIR practices and might even put them out of a job.
>>
I legit feel bad for all the animals that suffer this way. Meat you buy from local farms tastes way better than the systematic shit from big companies anyways, but it's also more expensive. Sometimes I feel I should just hunt my own meat and stock up on huge amounts of deer and duck. I'm not going to stop eating meat, but at least I'd have control over how what I am eating died. Fuck people trying to shove a vegan and vegetarian diet in our faces though, especially the former.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.