[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should OHP be performed slow and controlled or explosively?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
Should OHP be performed slow and controlled or explosively?
>>
Explosive push (doesn't mean do a push press - keep the body tight but explode with the shoulders)

Controlled descent.

/thread
>>
>>37765774
>Controlled descent.

You mean the way this guy's doing it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHVROw5hRvu/?hl=en
>>
>>37765808
That descent actually looks good. Didn't expect that.

I used to kinda just let it fall down. But I would get pain or at least weird feelings in my wrist. I believed it was due to the pressure of stopping the bar from an uncontrolled descent. Ever since I'm doing it more carefully it stopped.
>>
>>37765748
right before i OHP i take a big deep breath and so for the first few reps 5ish my head feels light as fuck but my core is tight as fuck, then i exhale at the bottom and take another breath.

i explode going up and go slow going down, this is teh correct way to ohp right?
>>
>>37765808
>>37766034

slow enough on the descent that you can control it
you can go slower if you like doing eccentric training. Always explosive up so long as you maintain form
>>
>OHP in the squat rack
>>
File: smug scooby.jpg (10 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
smug scooby.jpg
10 KB, 181x182
>>37767771

I always OHP in the squat rack, just wait your turn little bitch
>>
Random question but I feel a clicking sensation in my shoulders when doing OHP on the way to full extension. Is this a rotator cuff issue perhaps?
>>
>>37767862
>he is too weak and fat to clean his weight
>>
Explosive = cheating sack of shit that needs to use momentum to help him bring the bar up. I bet you losers do kipping pull ups too

Slow and steady gets you gains OP.
>>
>>37767862
>not doing OHP in the OHP rack
>>
>>37767873
Try dumbbells. Shoulder mobility might be to shitty for barbells
>>
>>37768727
t. Dyel
>>
>>37765748
whatever works, as long as you don't bend your knees and lock out it counts
>>
>>37768727
I think you're confusing "explosiveness" with push pressing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.