[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Photo on 7-1-16 at 3.38 PM #3.jpg (148 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 7-1-16 at 3.38 PM #3.jpg
148 KB, 1080x720
Is this hot bod salvageable or is it fucked?
[spoiler]Cookies as my captcha. Fuck you Google.[/spoiler]
>>
File: Photo on 7-1-16 at 3.38 PM.jpg (166 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 7-1-16 at 3.38 PM.jpg
166 KB, 1080x720
>>37765513
>>
File: 9RtNWc2.jpg (323 KB, 1403x731) Image search: [Google]
9RtNWc2.jpg
323 KB, 1403x731
>>37765520
Of course it is.

Put in the effort and it will happen.

<--- For example
>>
why would you be the only unfixable fuck in the world? It less cookies and go hit the gym faggot
>>
File: 1437092662161.jpg (39 KB, 587x643) Image search: [Google]
1437092662161.jpg
39 KB, 587x643
>>37765513
Everything is salvageable if you put in the effort. Read the sticky, stick to your diet and never give up.

t. former 330lbs
>>
>>37765542
I kinda can't go to the gym...Need stuff to do at home and all I have at the moment are a set of 30lb dumb-bells.
>>37765533
>>37765545
Thanks for the encouragement. Anything you'd recommend off the top of your head, or should I sticky?
>>
>>37765564
Sticky is great information no matter what you do. I followed a ketogenic diet and still do because I like what it lets me eat and I feel great on it. You may not enjoy it as much. Write down what you eat and it's nutritional content at least when you're starting out so you can recognize how much you take in. You're gonna feel like shit before you feel like the shit. Make sure to life really hard to fill out your extra skin and develop a decent skin routine now so that you won't be a flying squirrel later.

You can do it bruh.
>>
>>37765600
Skin routine?
As in reducing the amount of lose skin left-over?
>>
>>37765618
Yeah, really varies on how much you care and how bad things start to look. Drink lots of water, cold showers never hurt anybody, a good moisturizer is good and always use a loofah so you can exfoliate.
>>
>>37765564
well, luckily losing weight is basically all dieting, exercising sure helps, as you can build muscle and burn some extra calories, but you can lose weight solely by dieting. Count your calories accurately, don't cheat cause you'll only be hurting yourself and you'll never lose the weight if you're not honest about your consumption. Read the sticky to learn how to count calories and to learn how much you need to eat.

Although you can't access a gym, do cardio. Go for runs or get a treadmill or something. You'll burn extra calories, you'll get used to exercise, and it will do wonders for your heart, and also your mind.
>>
>>37765564
>e
Sticky and work hard.
>>
>>37765639
Will do. I have most those things. Thunk ya m80.
>>37765645
>>37765651
I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge. To commemorate this and to keep track of progress.

I is trip-fag now. Hope to see you all in my cancerous glory soon.
>>
I am genuinely curious, how the fuck did you let this happen? I'm 28 and most of my life i was binge eating garbage and sitting in front if the computer, granted i was a fatty, but didnt even come close. You seem young. What the fuck have you been doing? Again, genuinely curious.
>>
>>37765533
The area of the skin on the right picture is evidently smaller than on the right picture. Where did the excess go? Does the skin stretch back?

Are spaghetti with tomato sauce OK?
>>
>>37765513
All bodies are salvageable.
>>
>>37765513
>Can we fix it?

only you can.
>>
>>37765735
Well, I used to be healthy and thin since I did enough sports to do a one man Olympics, but shit just fell apart once I hit 12 or 13.
I resented my Mother for making it seem like I never had a choice, I was socially awkward, and video games just hooked me. I basically shut down in an attempt to say I was done. I stopped doing anything and only sat on my ass all day. I ate and sat, sat and ate. Plus my metabolism was always slow as fuck, which helped me gain rapidly. I'm 18, 72in. and about 185-190 pounds.
>>
File: dumbbells.jpg (86 KB, 998x393) Image search: [Google]
dumbbells.jpg
86 KB, 998x393
>>37765564
I started off with 30 lb. dumbbells and walking for the first 6 months.
And 90 lb. dumbbells and walking for the second 6 months.
Get to work.
>>
>>37765799
Fucking hell, you're like the King Neckbeard.
That is extremely impressive.
I'm at the point where I'll do whatever it takes to slim down, but cardio fucking sucks. I have almost 0 stamina, but I can get a second wind quickly enough. It's also strange with the stamina thing since I can lift extremely heavy shit easily and hold it for a good amount of time, but cardio just kills me.
>>
>>37765828
You don't "need" cardio. You need to eat significantly less. I did 1,200 cal/day, 150+ g of protein/day and almost no carbs for 12 months. Supplementing fiber with sugar-free metamucil and using caffeine and black coffee as appetite suppressants.
>>
>>37765867
I'm looking at this scooby's workshop calculator, but I can't makes heads or tails of it.
>>
>>37765513
Read the sticky three times. It's diet, diet, diet. Count your calories for real. Get MyFitnessPal or similar and weight your food.
When you've got that in routine and start losing fat, read the sticky again and start lifting.
>>
>>37765533
incredible. I'm the picture on the left right now.... How did you do it? how long did it take?
>>
kettlebell swings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=427hjj0ZRDc

Sprints
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvqZvnFr630

1-2 gallons of water a day
Intermittent Fasting

eating staple foods
eggs
bananas
oats
greens
protein powder

supplement
vitamin D and C
>>
>>37765828
yeah cardio sucks, but you feel really good afterwards. Try High Intensity Interval Training, that's what I do for cardio. It's basically compressing 45 min of cardio into an intense 15-20 minutes. What I do is 1.5 min rest followed by 1.5 min sprint and so on, in the treadmill, but you obviously can't start with a 1:1 ratio, 2:1 is fine when you're starting. It can be done in a bike or using jumprope too, I just prefer jogging.

>>37765896
listen to this guy, get something to weight your food, super important, estimating is not enough. You HAVE to be as accurate as possible when counting calories
>>
>>37765828
>cardio fucking sucks
It's about what you eat. You don't have to lift a finger, and you will still lose weight. As long as you eat at a deficit.

Stop being a fucking glutton and start planning your meals. All you need is the discipline to not eat over your maximum set goal. You can eat fucking twinkies, lard or chocolate, and as long as you don't eat more than you burn, you will lose weight.

But there are no shortcuts. You're the only one who can do it, so don't be a lazy slob, amd don't lie to yourself. It only hurt s you.
>>
>>37765891

Please don't trip, no one gives a fuck about your weight loss. There are hundreds of people like you a day saying they're going to report back to /fit/ with their progress as if we care or are going to remember
>>
>>37765680
read the sticky you nigger
>>
>>37765828
>I can lift extremely heavy shit easily and hold it for a good amount of time

lol
>>
>>37765951
he should do cardio though, not for the weight loss, but he'll be doing his heart and psyche a favor
>>
>>37766001
He means, "I can put a lot of weight on the leg press machine because my body is used to carrying my fat ass around all day."
Fat delusions.
>>
>>37765962
Fine, but I'll be back.
>>37765951
This thing is telling me to eat 1929 calories a day, but that sounds like a bit much. Also stuff about egg whites, non-fat yogurt, apples, etc.
I think I get the idea on dietary restrictions.
>>37765913
>>37766012
I'll give it a shot first thing tomorrow and see where it goes from there. If I end up losing motivation this time I might just neck myself.
>>37765991
As we speak.
>>37766001
>>37766019
About 200lbs of water up three flights of stairs. Panting by the end.
>>
>>37766012
I didn't do cardio as a hamplanetarium and it worked out well for me. Cardio instantly sucks all of the joy out of working out for me. The entire goal is to find a routine that is beneficial and exactly that... something that you can actually turn into a routine. For me, that was strict calorie counting and lifting, both of which appealed to my fetish for numbers and control.
>>
>>37766026
You probably haven't seen a true 1929 calorie day since elementary school, that's why you think it's too high. I would go lower, but that's because I admit my faults and realize that my natural fatassery will make me underestimate what I am consuming.
>>
Alright, I think I'm set. Thanks guys!
Gotta go shopping for some food, little weighing thing for my kitchen, counters, weight/dumbell set, and maybe a treadmill.
Wish me luck!
This is gonna be a long 30-60 months.
>>
>>37766026
>implying a less than 1x bodyweight carry up stairs is impressive

actually it's decent but not impressive

fat people have a solid amount of muscle from lugging their lard around, just focus on diet and lose weight, dont worry about cardio, it's not necessary at all.

You run hard for like 10 minutes you'll burn maybe 150 calories. Or you could just not eat half a slice of pizza?

just eat less. don't think of it as a diet. just put less food into your body. its that easy

>This thing is telling me to eat 1929 calories a day, but that sounds like a bit much. Also stuff about egg whites, non-fat yogurt, apples, etc.
I think I get the idea on dietary restrictions.

1929 is waaay less than you've been eating. Trust me. You might think you're not eating that much, but count it for a week. Weight it out and fucking count it. You'll see how much you've been eating. you'll be shocked.

Also it literally barely matters whether you eat 1929 calories of egg whites and apples, or 1929 calories of oreos and butter. Either way you'll lose the same amount of weight. The egg whites and apples will just make you feel more full, give you more energy, and improve other aspects of your health - but as far as weight is concerned, it's literally ALL calories.

coming from a former fatass
>>
>>37766084
>weight/dumbell set, and maybe a treadmill.

no you fucking idiot. Just walk/run outside if you must do cardio. treadmills are boring and soul crushing
>>
>>37766105
>The egg whites and apples will just make you feel more full
Yeah, no crap, I looks closer and it's saying to make a 13 egg-whit omelet.
Something also tells me it may take a week or so before I get a hold of my counting.
>>37766124
Still getting one if I see one for cheap.
>>
>>37766012
Running at his weight might actually just give him a fucking heartattack tbqh.
His top priority right now should be not being morbidly obese.

Starting out as a fat-as-fuck neckbeard who starts sweating on the way to the fridge for Mountain Dew, and then going full-on marathon running... It will just crush his motivation. What he needs first is routines. Checking his diet will be what will give him the least resistance. When he's got that down, he can slowly start adding workouts etc.

How many of the NY fags actually stick with their vows? Going from sedentary to 100% gymrat in a day never works.
>>
>>37766159
>Running at his weight might actually just give him a fucking heartattack tbqh.
Fucking kek.
>>
>>37766059
yeah but the dude is ruining his cardiovascular system from shoveling grease into his hole nonestop for years and years, the cardio is for health reasons
>>
>>37766182
I'm pretty sure he focus on that once he's reached a semi-normal weight. There is no reason to start off with things that you absolutely hate, if it means you're just going to give up in a month. A person has to acknowledge their faults and limitations and create routines that they will actually continue.

Ideally, he would eat perfect macro levels receiving all micros from food, create a perfect lifting schedule from the start and have days where he does cardio until exhaustion, but people aren't ideal, so sometimes you actually just need to plan shit that is a stretched goal, but attainable.
>>
>>37766105
>You run hard for like 10 minutes you'll burn maybe 150 calories.
Lol no thats what you get from warming up and stretching for 10 minutes. A fatty sprinting for 10 min straight is gonna lose like 400 calories
>>
>>37766124
Treadmill or bike is pretty decent if you can watch some animu or TV while doing it.
Running out in nature is pretty relaxing though.
>>
>>37766149
>Something also tells me it may take a week or so before I get a hold of my counting.
Scan the product with MyFitnessPal, put in the exact weight, and voila. Easy as pie.

Keep backups of the log/diary though.
>>
What is JOH?
>>
File: meme.png (10 KB, 508x271) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
10 KB, 508x271
>>37766384
https://runnersconnect.net/training/tools/calorie-calculator/
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-00-22-10.png (253 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-00-22-10.png
253 KB, 1080x1920
>>37765513
I made myself this simple little guide for dieting. Also take multivitamins as necessary. I eat a lot of different food such as loads of fruits and veggies, you can always change things up. This is just a general outline. Like I really like fish so I'd replace the chicken with fish, or I was tired of brown rice so I'd have sweet potatoes. If you want to change things up just make sure to check nutritional info and always add it up.
I'd recommend Myfitnesspal for a simple diary to track food
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.