[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting belt. Yes or no? I only squat 90 kilos for sets of five
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Weight+Lifting+Belt.jpg (19 KB, 381x299) Image search: [Google]
Weight+Lifting+Belt.jpg
19 KB, 381x299
Lifting belt. Yes or no?

I only squat 90 kilos for sets of five but I still like using the belt. It just makes me feel more stable and safe, but I'm afraid I may be cheating the weights.

I don't really use them for deadlifts except on one rep maxes.
>>
>>37763392
If you want to use a belt then use a belt.
There is no set weight to use a belt. I start using it around 80% of my 1rm for squats. For diddlys I only use it on max attempts
>>
>Wearing a belt below 3pl8 squats

This is how everyone will know you're a DYEL
>>
>>37763392
I used a belt around 90-100kg (squat) when I first reached those weights and started having trouble, but I've stopped using it since. I brace better and don't feel like I need it anymore, but who knows once I start moving even bigger weights.
Use it if you want to, but make sure you're not using it as a crutch because you can't brace properly.
>>
>>37763761

How do you brace? I just take a big breath and tighten my abs. I see someone "breathing down" into their stomach but I can't do this and still maintain tightness when I perform the lift.
>>
>Belt

Make sure to keep your vagina clean
>>
I deadlift 500lbs and have never used a belt.

Konstantin Konstantinovs set a WR of 939lbs deadlift without a belt alos.

They aren't necessary at all.
>>
>>37764054
Keep your torso in the proper position during the entire lift. Doing that will force your core to engage whether you notice it or not.
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48 KB, 500x282
>mfw I'm lifting more than someone who's using a belt and knee straps and "gym clothes" while I'm casually out lifting them

I'm not sure whether to feel smug or feel like one of those spergs in fit comics who lifts a lot while repulsing Chads and Staceys
>>
>>37763392
>but I'm afraid I may be cheating the weights.

Are your legs moving the weight? If yes then you're not cheating. That said, I don't use the belt for less than 4plate, but there's nothing wrong with using it. It makes your core stronger, not weaker.
>>
>>37764148
Well you sound like a sore if that helps
>>
>>37764163

I can lift 115kgs with a belt

I can't without. Actually I haven't tried but I'm pretty fucking sure I can't seeing as I see form breakdown on 90 kilos without a belt.
>>
>>37764054
1) squeeze core 2) squeeze lats y retract scapula (not rise) 3) squeeze glootz 4) imagine that you have to carry the roof on your shoulders because you'll get crushed otherwise
>>
>>37763392
Does anyone else get this weird burning pinching pain in their right hip while squatting deep with a belt?
I'm at 3pl8, and when I get to the bottom of my squat it'll start hurting like crazy, so much so that I usually have to cut the set short.
I know it's not a hernia or my belt pinching me, so what else could it be? Doctor had no idea.
>>
>>37763392
I don't see any reason not to use them.
They let you lift more while forcing your core to flex harder. You get more out of every muscle being worked.
>>
>>37763392
90kilo with belt
kek
maybe your 80% rm is wrongly measured
reduce the weight a little bit

90 kilo if you are weighting 85kg you should be able to do after 8 or 9 months without a belt
maybe get a check on your technique by someone who is experienced in it and does it without a belt
>>
>>37764598
Hip flexor fasciitis?
>>
>>37764643
Looks like that could be it.
Is there any way to deal with it that doesn't involve going to a doctor or chiropractor?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.