[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
flippin burgers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: asep1x4xtenjlpicxbnb.png (251 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
asep1x4xtenjlpicxbnb.png
251 KB, 636x358
I'm especially counting on my amerifat brehs for this one: How do I make burger patties like those that McDs make? As far as I know it's 100% beef, with just salt and pepper. But mine always turn out much more different regarding both taste and texture.

Also general burger making tips, recipes, etc.
>>
>>37762271
Why would you want to cook that nasty ass garbage?
>>
Why am I even replying to this garbage post?

Pat your burger very thin and loose
Kosher salt before adding to grill
High heat
Turn once
Cracked black pepper after done cooking
>>
File: 1422635289740.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1422635289740.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>37762271
>McDs burger patties
>100% beef with just salt and pepper
>>
>>37762271
Try mixing in some TVP and freezing it for 2-4 years before cooking it in day old grease.
>>
>>37762304
>>37762305
ronald mcdonald on suicide watch
>>
Ask >>>/ck/
>>
You should use 70/30 or 75/25 high fat ground beef.
>>
The company that supplies McDonalds with burger patties is called "100% beef" and is owned by McDonald's.
>>
Op I worked at mcdonalds. The secret is the patties are made with a very high mix of fat. Probably half fat half lean meat. They're cooked on the grill with high pressure clam thing that cooks both sides at once. They kind of fry in the grease to get the crispness. Also they're flash frozen to hold the thinness
>>
>>37762305
>>37762304
These, OP.
They're not 100% beef. They use terms like "all beef patty" (in other words only beef is used and not other meats) or like in Australia for example they say 100% Australian Beef, meaning the beef is not imported.

You can't make a patty out of just ground beef because it falls apart when you cook it. If for whatever reason you don't want to use egg white as a binder, I'd switch to steak sandwiches if I were you. Cut a thick piece of steak small and hammer it flat with a meat tenderiser. This breaks up the fibres and not only softens the meat but makes it faster to digest.
>>
>>37762271
>it's 100% beef,
It's 100% """"""beef""""""*
*contains beef and beef derivatives°
°may or may not contain beef
>>
File: at last.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
at last.png
33 KB, 255x216
>>37762421
Tell me more oh wise sage.
>>
>>37762285
It's what I'm used to thinking a burger should taste like. They were the first, and for a long time the only, ones to bring the hamburger to my country.

Let me put it another way then: how do I cook a legit american burger?

>>37762304
Do you really think the FDA wouldn't go ape shit on their ass if they lied about this?
>>
>>37762420
>>37762472

These. While they claim 100% all beef, that's all good and well, but they don't mention the fact that it's of the cheapest teir, IE ridiculously high fat:protein ratio, even below the 70/30 cheapest grade at any grocery store.
>>
File: 1467394001429.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467394001429.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.