[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When to end Starting Strength?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1464637884428.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464637884428.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
I've been doing SS for a while now and it's starting to get hard and my rest times are getting very long too, but I can still progress I feel.What should I do?

Current stats:

5'6 Manlet
157 pounds

Squat: 3x5 @ 315
Deadlift 1x5 @ 390
Bench 3x5 @ 220
Power Clean 5x3 @ 200
The Press 3x5 @ 155
Weighted Chinup 3x8 +45 pounds
Weighted Dips 3x8 + 50 pounds

Do you just eat forever and grow bigger and stronger with SS?
>>
>>37759500
About now
>>
>>37759500
Keep progressing until you stall, then deload.

When you plateau, change to s novice routine
>>
>>37759500
>The Press 3x5 @ 155
>>
>>37759507
Should I just do Texas Method?

>>37759513
>s novice routine

Does that mean super novice routine? I guess I'll just replace all the other lifts with squat variants :^)
>>
>>37759547
I'd start roiding and switch to a routine with actual volume
>>
>>37759500

That bench must be shit form if that's your weighted dip.
>>
>>37759500
>I can still progress I feel.
then keep going. consider making the wednesday workout a light day where you lift maybe 80% of your normal weight. that still gives you progression twice weekly. once you get near the end of that (or you think an injury might be coming) then switch to texas method.

your numbers are good for your size. nicely done
What should I do?
>>
>>37759559
I feel like this is a good amount of volume. I got a nice thicc manlet look. Also I couldn't image adding much volume if I contine trying to progress on the lifts at this rate. Maybe steroids at some point, I feel my strength is not near the natty limit.

>>37759577
Not sure what you mean, my weighted dip is shitty I know. I'm trying to increase it as much as I can.

>>37759588
Thank you. I think I may try to do an 80% day next week to see how it goes and if I can keep progress up.

>What should I do?

SS+GOMAD
>>
>>37759622
Honestly what you're at right now is my goal.

My goal is to get to approximately your stats and then begin roiding hard and switch to PPLPPLx
>>
>>37759622
>Thank you. I think I may try to do an 80% day next week to see how it goes and if I can keep progress up.
it works well. I did it at the end of SS and managed to squeeze out some more gains. realize that it won't last very long, though, and there's no point pushing yourself to the absolute limit at the end of the program. if you keep grinding out very heavy sets it could eventually lead to injuries. switching to TM will give you a little break before it gets hard again

>SS+GOMAD
already did
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.