[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try squatting >all the pressure goes to my knees instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: fell for the squat meme.jpg (49 KB, 248x417) Image search: [Google]
fell for the squat meme.jpg
49 KB, 248x417
>try squatting
>all the pressure goes to my knees instead of my glutes,hamstrings etc
>knees popping throughout the day
>mild pain persisting in my knees

are squats overrated or what?

>inb4 hurr you have wrong form durr
>>
>>37759375
>>all the pressure goes to my knees instead of my glutes,hamstrings etc
probs shit form
>>
>>37759375

Engage your glutes, hamstrings etc then you mong
>>
>>37759375
Poor ankle mobility. Stretch your calves thoroughly.
>>
>>37759439
>>37759440
how?
>>
>>37759440
>>37759439
lol, some world class coaching from /fit/
>>
>>37759444
Get a hard foam roller.

Place it up against the wall.

Put the balls of your feet on the top of the foam roller.

Keep your heels on the ground, make sure your leg is completely straight.

Bring your hips toward the wall.

Hold each stretch for 30 secs to a min.

I'm a personal trainer and you've just described to me the same problem that 90% of my clients have their first time squatting.
>>
One of the things that has helped me the most is learning to bend at the knees as opposed to bending my knees. I imagine bringing my ass down as if I'm sitting on a toilet. A squatting movement not a bending down movement.
>>
Sit back more
>>
Check form vids from Rippetoe, Alan Thrall, Omar Isuf, 70sBig, anyone man!
>>
1.) Check form.

2.) Consider buying knee sleeves

3.) If all else fails, quit squatting.

That's some good advice. The knee sleeves help a lot, honestly. I bought a pair for 60 bucks, but in my opinion it's a worthwhile investment to protect your knees if you want to lift heavy weights for a long time.

Don't let people trick you into this meme that if you have knee pain stop being a pussy; 1 in 20 Americans over 50 have had knee replacement surgery.
>>
I have this problem with high bar squats. Try low bar if you're not doing it already
>>
>>37759514
>>37759517
how wide should my stance be then?
>>
>>37759685
about shoulder width, weight on heels, stick your ass out and sit down
>>
>>37759375
JUST SQUAT MORE

DONT GO HEAVY IN THE BEGINNING
YOUR KNEES WILL GET USED TO THE LOAD

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM

NOT ANYMORE I DO
>>
>>37759685

Remember to put your feet at about a 30-45 degree angle outwards, it'll help you open up your hips so you can squat deeper
>>
>squat for years without pain
>buy wl shoes
>painful knees that crack all the time
>take 2 weeks rest, deload and change to lowbar
>kneepain started again last week
AND I JUST HIT 2,5 PLAET REEE
>>
>>37759977
squat barefoot mang
>>
>>37759375
Get into a sumo wrestler stance. Your knees are probably buckling in.
>>
>>37759375
>I CANNOT PERFORM ONE OF LITERALLY THE MOST BASIC HUMAN MOVEMENTS
>I DENY BOTH THAT MY FORM IS SHIT AND THAT I AM PARAPLEGIC AND MENTALLY HANDICAPPED
>'ITS THE SQUATS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM GUIS'

when will this meme end
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.