[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the point of having large pecs except to look good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
what is the point of having large pecs except to look good?

it isn't a muscle group useful in sports or real life.
>>
>>37758903
First off, half the point of working out is to look good, the other half is once you've been doing it for a while you really enjoy it.

Secondly it's useful for that thing people do before a fight when they just shove each other a few times while talking shit.
>>
>>37758903
Throwing hooks and pushing haters like you away
>>
>>37758903
>in real life

Can ppl stfu about this real life argument?
>>
>>37758903
what's the point of owning anything more than a 1990 Corolla if you only commute to and from work?
>>
>>37758903

>Isn't useful in poverty ball

Ftfy
>>
>>37758941
Well IRL shit happens. Bro
>>
>>37758941
fight me 1v1 irl gey forgatt
>>
>>37758903
what is the point of your penis?

it isn't something that will ever be used in real life.
>>
It's extra weight I can use against my opponents in BJJ.
>>
>>37759112

rekt
>>
>what's the point of having large pecs
This is kind of a weird question because you're asking for the reasoning behind a natural result of usually functional training. You could ask this for almost any muscle group and it wouldn't make sense outside of a bodybuilding context, in which case you've answered your own question.

Outside of bodybuilding, the point is to have better functioning muscle to perform, and as a result of that functioning the muscle group gets bigger.

If you're asking what the function of pecs are that necessitate their growth, then I recommend a physiology book to gain a fuller understanding. But your last point is wrong, they do have a function as a means for support of horizontal pressing (after maximizing lower body/core support) and for being after supporting agonist for pulling muscle groups like the lats
>>
>>37759265
*and for being a support agonist

Phone is acting up
>>
>>37759112
onwed
>>
>>37758903
How often do you use a forward motion with the help of your hands?
>>
it's still more useful than your brain apparently
>>
File: 1466804631665.png (37 KB, 1077x643) Image search: [Google]
1466804631665.png
37 KB, 1077x643
>>
>>37759265
I thought that if you ever have to push something with your arms, you have to lean into it, and therefore engage the shoulders far more than lower pecs. Is this correct?

Is there a real world situation for horizontal pressing that doesnt involve you lying flat on your back?
>>
>>37760191

You'd need to be practically horizontal before you had enough of a lean angle to make your pecs not help with the movement.
>>
>>37759084

underrated
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.