[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He says to stop here for the bench press and going lower is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
He says to stop here for the bench press and going lower is useless. Is it true?

https://youtu.be/clBGsv573K4?t=1m30s
>>
>>37758599
You can't be serious.
>>
>>37758599
Some people also say you should stop after she says no the first time. we call those people virgins
>>
>>37758642
kek!
>>
Look at his chest its not impressive at all then realize hes a dumbass
>>
>>37758599
If shoulder health is an issue, do floor press.

This prevents the arm from going too low.

You will get the bar much closer to the chest.
>>
yeah i actually cut part of my chest off before chest day so i can go lower
>>
>>37758599
Athleet x is the biggest faggot in the industrie. Dont believe a word he says.
>>
>>37758599
He's flaring out his elbows, that's how you get shoulder issues.
>>
>>37758642
This is bullshit, because i asked out the hottest chick I've ever talked to out 4 times and she shot me down every time. Hence the reason I will never stop lifting.
>>
>>37758655
Scooby never benches and hes got a massive chest
>>
>>37758599
It's not useless, but stopping there is safer for your shoulders.
>>
>>37758673
cant you also retract arms like powerlifters do to prevent injury?

nooblifter here.
>>
>>37758599

why the fuck are people hating on him? he's totally right. that's exactly what our body works like, jesus christ

I have yet to come across another youtuber that gives better advice than him. that motherfucker knows how to target muscles and get the most out of training sessions
>>
>>37758633
>>37758642
>>37758655
>>37759663
>>37760381
Who the fuck actually gives legit advice then? Do we trust Mark "dyel" Rippletits or some guy who actually lifts?
I dont even know anymore /fit/
>>
>>37760959

Alan Thrall
>>
>>37760959
Read actual studies on muscle activation, read books about biomechanics. That's how you know for sure what you should and shouldn't do.
>>
>>37760515
Everyone should keep their scaps retracted when they bench.
>>
>>37760986
/thread
>>
File: maxdepth.png (17 KB, 471x895) Image search: [Google]
maxdepth.png
17 KB, 471x895
>>37758599
You should also stop here for the squat and going lower is useless.
>>
>>37758599
>have shitty bench form
>get shoulder issues
>blame them on going "too low"

Really i thought i had perfect bench form for a long time and kept wondering why my shoulder was bothering me but once i started properly tucking my elbows and started bringing the bar down too an inch or two below my nipples instead of at or slightly above nipple level i had no more pain and my bench shot up immensely after an initial small deload.

> TL;DR: tuck your elbows=no shoulder issues
>>
File: triggered.png (228 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
228 KB, 600x524
>>37761175
https://youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0
>>
>>37760440
he wasn't talking about asking her out, newfriend.
>>
>>37760487
because they're both on roids

further proof that you can use any retarded form you want and get results as long as you're juicing
>>
>>37760959
rippletits could pull 500 at 65 years of age you fucking faggot
>>
>>37760859
It's just shitposting mate, none of these faggots lift anyway.
>>
>>37760959
>calls rippetoe dyel
>doesn't know whether or not to touch the bar to your chest when you bench
rude sage
>>
>>37761647
No

2 cases of anecdotal evidence =\= proof
>>
>>37762570
>You cannot do X when Y!
>But Z did X and he was Y
>That's just anecdotal evidence, no proof
???
>>
>>37758599
If you looked at human skeleton you would know he's right. Although when you retract your scapula, you change the plane of motion.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.