[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Form check - Deadlifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: deadlift_1.jpg (23 KB, 594x514) Image search: [Google]
deadlift_1.jpg
23 KB, 594x514
Of the main lifts, my deadlift is my weakest. My deadlift is my weakest exercise because i don't have enough frequency in my program. I've been too focused on squats because i've been spending so much time getting my technique down. So with that, i've been studying deadlift form through youtube and some books.

I've also been practicing with just a bar at my house when im high as shit to focus on activating each muscle. I have the bar set up on some books to make sure its at proper height. Today i pulled 315 to test my form. I know my posture is good and i have good control over my back, but i feel that my hips are too high. I have a very hard time dropping my hips, and i think this video is a good example of my hips being too high. Mind you i still feel very powerful in this position, but i feel if i dropped my hips lower, i could have better quad activation off the floor.

Can i get some opinions brehs?

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHTK9EdBpA0/?taken-by=gonefitness&hl=en
>>
Your hips are about right, if you bring them lower its going to be more like a squat rather than a true deadlift
>>
>>37756122
They still feel high to me...my back is almost flat
>>
anyone on a form check? srs
>>
>>37756060
looks good to me famalam
>>
>>37756060
Looks perfect for me
>>
Friengs wirh a few elite powerlifters, one of whom is a world record holder
For deadlift sit so much into your heels that if there wasn't x lbs/kgs in front of you you would fall over (but don't let that throw off your form) the weight is so much more than your own bodyweight pulling you forwards you aren't going to fall.

Also drop your ass lower, too many people (especially guys) have too tight of hips. This makes their glutes, hips, and lower back take a lot of the load that could (and should be taken) by their hammies.

Word of advice I wish I followed: go double overhand until you physically can't THEN go switch grip. Also alternate your switch grips.

Fuck straps, don't be a pussy and use chalk. You aren't deadlifting bigboy weight so don't be small and a pussy. Earn your grip strength. And after you're done deadlifting, train your grip even more bitch.
>>
A-Are those running shoes?
>>
Whats the bodyweight only equivalent to a deadlift goys
>>
>>37757222
There is no replacing the king of lifts. If there was only one lift it would be diddlys. Bodyweight faggots cannot fake it. Why don't you just stop wasting your life already and lift?
>>
who here /deadliftbarefoot/ ?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.