[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post how your family held you back from /fit/ness. Mine: >Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1446665893892.jpg (35 KB, 558x480) Image search: [Google]
1446665893892.jpg
35 KB, 558x480
Post how your family held you back from /fit/ness.

Mine:
>Never taught me ANYTHING about proper nutrition or form
>Never showed me a good routine
>Would never buy good food
>Only bought shitty simple carbs and estrogenic food
>Said retarded shit like "Why do you want to be big anyway? I love you just the way you are!", "You're big boned anon, nothing you can do!", "You're too skinny anon, you don't need cut any further past 15% bf"
>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and sub-sequentially lowered my testosterone
>>
Smoke weed and move out, nigger.
>>
>>37755535
>parents used to feed me fast food all the time
>would eat pretty much everything
>was around 290 lbs freshman year of high school

Didn't get into lifting until i went to college. meh all that extra nutrition tho made me 6ft while the average height of my countrymen is 5'5" so it wasnt all bad
>>
File: 1464909851851.jpg (6 KB, 188x159) Image search: [Google]
1464909851851.jpg
6 KB, 188x159
>>37755535
>dad got into a baking phase as soon as I started eating clean

god dammit his cookies are good as fuck too, it's taking every ounce of my willpower
>>
>>37755535
Shitty food, no knowledge of nutrition, didn't understand that I was fat, said I was normal when I asked. Took me 20 years to do more research and figure out that no, I am fat. Now that I dropped it and have before/after, my parents feel bad for having failed me. I don't know what to say when they say things like that.
>>
>>37755535
>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and sub-sequentially lowered my testosterone
bitching online about your parents is significantly lowering your testosterone
>>
>>37755535
>implying my nana didn't teach me proper DL form when I was 12
>>
File: PEPE107.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
PEPE107.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>parents were extremely busy
>leave at 6 am and come back at 9pm kind of busy
>rely on frozen/fast food to feed us
>literally gave me frozen pizzas for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch, and some other shit for dinner everyday
>bad habits continue until high school

my highest was 360 lbs and i'm now at a much more acceptable 250 lbs, still got another 60-70 more to go
>>
>>37757324
south american?
>>
>mum would always cook me up some grilled chicken breast and rice for dinner
Thanks mum
>>
>>37757455
This. And all of the delicious southern grandma food.
>>
>>37757344
Kek creme fraiche
>>
>>37755535
>Whole family vegetarian
>Growing up only get meat if it's frozen or canned form.
>Used to make me pay them every time I go to the gym because they don't like how long I'm there and they paid for half of the car I use to go.
>
>>
>>37759204
Fucking serious?! I would quit the gym, buy a homegym and work out twice as long just to spite them.
>>
>>37757460
Good shit anon, keep up the good work!
>>
File: 1462314687570.jpg (14 KB, 262x400) Image search: [Google]
1462314687570.jpg
14 KB, 262x400
>>37755535
>would give me lots of money for alcohol, cigs, snacks, soda
>arguments when I ask for money for whole foods, gym membership, protein powder, eliquid, etc
and the latter means much less money.

I don't get how a parent can not say anything when their child is an alcoholic who pisses himself in his sleep and sleeps in a room full of trash, but when he tries to get his life together suddenly he's a piece of shit who spends too much and does nothing all day.

Anyway as soon as I get a job again I'm audi. I don't need this shit.
>>
> my parents are both really smart ppl. They went to university when only 10% of ppl would go
> my father goes to the gym everyday, but he doesnt lift properly and do some bullshit so after 2 years he is still DYEL af but he doesnt care so
> Both my father and my mother dont really understand how the food intake works on bulking season so they think im crazy for eating a lot
> they get angry when they see me doing so
> still managed to win 20kg in 2 years. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>37755535
>need to workout after work
>gym is only open til 8
>leave work at 6
>mom had to get a heart attack at 6:30
She survived but my gains are gone forever.
>>
>read online that home cooked food should be enough when starting
>mom is on a permanent low carb diet (still over weight though) so our fridge contains no carbs and not enough protein sources
>eat my home cooked meals for a year and dont gain anything
even to this day i have to spend a lot of money on my own foods because there just simply aren't enough food for me at home and i cant even move on my own
>>
>>37760513
also mom getting angry at me because of working out so much and trying to restrict me from doing what i love
>>
>tfw mum cooks wholesome food
>tfw dad bought a multi gym and rowing machine

feels good senpai
>>
>>37755535
>grew up in a family where we ate maybe twice a day
>mom was fat and dad was a skelly distance runner - why do you want to be big anon it's not healthy
>skim milk is better for you because it says so on the pack
>why can't you be more like your sister and do team sports rather than go to the gym alone.
>>
dad thinks every weight gain is a problem. to be fair there have been severely overweight people in the family. everyone is either skinny or overweight. no one is built. no one but me. he has always been supportive though, even if he is worried.

mum likes fitness but she really doesn't understand it. she was an athlete in the 80s and steroid propaganda has her worried sick. she thinks every young man with a hoodie in the gym slangs roids.

all and all they're ok. they don't understand a lot of it but also they don't really hinder me in any way.
>>
>>37760535
should have bought a power rack and a bench but that's better than most people.

>>37760513
buy more food man. getting swole is expensive. the cheapest supplement to just eating is chugging a bunch of milk.
>>
Worst thing my parents did was call me up when they were at the drive through asking if I wanted something
That and all the mom science
My brother got drunk one night and started shouting things like "You'll never get fit you fucking lardass" when he weighs more than me and failed at trying to get fit himself, I don't hold it against him
>>
I didn't know what exercise was. Every location that wasn't a corner shop was driving distance away. In the same vein I never learned how public transport works so I was basically homebound until I got a car.
>>
>>37760431
People don't like seeing you do better than them.

Even your own family.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.