[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternatives to Barbell exercises?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: gym.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
In terms of strength training my gym facilitates only:
>Dumbbells (with a bench)
>Shoulder machine
>Chest machine

How can I follow the StrongLifts beginner routine without having to change gym?

(sorry for pointless greentext)
>>
How heavy do your dumbbells get?
>>
>>37751777
15kg each
>>
>>37751759
Is there a reason why you'd not want to use barbells?
>>
>>37751759

There are no alternatives to barbells.
>>
>>37751792
Too little weight, sorry. You can't do SL for more than a week or something.
>>
>>37751802
My gym doesn't have them
>>37751803
Surely there are some ways you can mimic the exercise of the same muscles exercised by barbells
>>
>>37751759
Welp you're pretty much screwed for resistance training, go google search bodyweight fitness and try that instead.
>>
>>37751823
Oh that's understandable then, I literally don't use dumbells, only barbell. But you can do pretty much everything with dumbells that you can with a barbell
>>
>>37751819
Can I not do any exercise without the use of neither bench press nor dumbbells
>>
>>37751857
Is there NO way I can use dumbbells for resistance training?
>>37751859
Don't want to vulture you for advice but any specific routines you'd advise?
>>
>>37751864
You can kinda replace bench press and OHP with the machines, but you can't replace leg training and the rows with only 30kg of extra weight.

You can use dumbbells for resistance training but you just need more weight.
>>
>>37751911
I think they have some 100-200kg max functional trainer machine too (only for a pull action though)
>>
>>37751963
I have no idea how these work, sorry.

Try bodyweight training: pullups, rows, squat. You can grow to do them with a single arm/leg and use the dumbbells to add a little more weight

That or change gym
>>
resistance bands can be used for a great deal of weight without any other equipment. you can do anything with them: squats, deads, ohp, rows, etc. you can keep adding resistance by doubling them or purchasing thicker bands. it's relatively cheap, portable, quiet and safe.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.