[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw knee injury for 6 months >tfw spend time rehabbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: running.jpg (101 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
101 KB, 600x399
>tfw knee injury for 6 months
>tfw spend time rehabbing glutes, it band, quads, and hammies
>tfw finally able to start running again
>tfw have to start slow
>tfw calves blowing up
>tfw now at 15 mile runs with 3 days rest no problem
>tfw metabolism SHOOTS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF
>tfw night sweats
>tfw shredding while just sitting at work

I love this feel /fit/. I've been missing it for so long. I'm back baby.
>>
>>37750632
literally the perfect physique
>>
>>37750632
>15 mile runs with 3 days rest
the fuck is your routine
>>
what knee injury?
>>
>>37751061
torn meniscus

>>37751036
TUT training (Pavel) on days 2, 3 and 15 mile runs on days 1 and 5
>>
>>37750632
>tfw night sweats
i don't like this feel. every time i lift heavy i b sweatan at night
>>
File: 1461735269063.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1461735269063.png
132 KB, 396x385
Dude what was your rehab like? I'm having knee pain for almost 3 years now, MRI'd it and everything and they didn't find anything wrong with it. I tried stretching everything form hip down to feet and have no imbalances (quad/hammies), ran all my adolescence long etc.
Would love to hear what helped you most
>>
>>37751175
#1 thing is waking up sleepy glutes, but you can't do this in a way that continues to hurt your knees (in my case squats). I had to figure out a routine through trial-and-error that would strengthen my glutes without hurting my knees. I found that staggered stance lifts helped (opened the hips), bulgarian split squats, weighted reverse lunges, hip extensions, and bridges/clams/x-band walks did it for me. It's a slow process.

#2 thing is improving hip flexion and IT band, through IT band stretching and CORRECT foam rolling (roll against the direction of the band)

#3 improve running form...mid-foot strike, weight back, don't try to run like a madman, control your stride. rely on your calves and not your heel/knees.

Lastly, if you ever think that your quad/hammies are strong enough, you're wrong. They can never be strong enough, but you need to work them in a way that doesn't hurt your knees. Don't do squats and leg-presses if it hurts because you think you're a pussy for not going them (I had to get over this mentality too). Now my legs are stronger than ever without those lifts.
>>
>>37751264
Thanks. I never did anything that hurt me; quit squatting and DLing instantly, never leg pressed anyways and still have the biggest legs in my social circle due to years of running. I think my form's pretty good too.

How would you strengthen quads/hams? I figure ham curls are good, but any kind of weighted squat/lunge would kill me and leg extensions are horrible. I started cycling but that's inflicting pain too.
>>
>>37751367
staggered stance straight-legged deadlifts for hammies

for quads it's a bit tough without knowing your imbalances. A lot of the time the problem (especially if you are taller) is that the weight is shifting forward way too much on any type of dl/squat, which can be remedied by unweighted box squats (keeping weight on the heels) with the focus on activating the glutes. This could also still be too painful. You mention that lunges would kill you but you might try extending your reverse lunge or raising your front foot (bulgarian style). Don't worry about the weight, get your form right first and you'll feel it.
>>
running is for beta tards
>>
File: 1335793724189.png (5 KB, 215x166) Image search: [Google]
1335793724189.png
5 KB, 215x166
>>37751264

>waking up sleepy glutes
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.