[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to be alpha and a genuinely caring/kind person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: download_20160508_023648.jpg (67 KB, 800x608) Image search: [Google]
download_20160508_023648.jpg
67 KB, 800x608
Is it possible to be alpha and a genuinely caring/kind person?

If so how do you balance between the two?
>>
>Being obsessed about being alpha

Back to the misc pls
>>
>>37750124
>Implying being alpha doesn't include being fatherly protective toward weaker people
Are you 16? Or maybe you just read PUA shit for so long that you started believing their shit?
>>
>>37750129
>asks one question about being alpha
>He must be obsessed XD

You can't even ask simple questions on this Aztecian Winter Sports imageboard
>>
>>37750150
I just dont know how fit defines being alpha, but I like your definition. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1464124164469.png (444 KB, 760x460) Image search: [Google]
1464124164469.png
444 KB, 760x460
>>37750124
Different parts of you will rise at different times.

The 'alpha' parts are joined with the caring parts, they're all interlinked and all feed into each other.

They're not even exclusive concepts. Alphas are proud, strong, energetic, assertive within necessity, and often humorous. You can easily be that while being kind, nobody said being kind means being a faggot.
>>
People like to talk about themselves. When talking to people (literally everyone, not just hot girls) encourage this. Ask them questions. Pretend to be interested in their crap.
>>
>>37750124
If you're gonna be a 'nice' person you have your work cut out for you. It is infinitely easier to jockey for rank with rudeness and aggravating peoples insecurities than it is to be a genuinely 'nice' person.
>>
You fight for your friends
>>
>>37750150
this

an 'alpha male' is a good protector (includes being caring) and provider

be caring without being oversensitive, be firm when necessary (don't be a fucking doormat), and don't coddle people
>>
>>37750124
why would being alpha not incorporate being a genuinely nice/caring person?

You're associating naive 20something year old bravado and poor/shallow decision making (long term) with being successful. I'm assuming you also feel the need to get laid every weekend and do a stem/high soc. major just because everyone said that's all that matters right?
>>
>>37750124
If you want others to define what being "alpha" means to you then you are not alpha.
>>
>>37750161
>Aztecian Winter Sports imageboard
literally the worst derivative of Chinese cartoon forum I have ever come across. Consider suicide
>>
>>37750124
yes. look at Trump.

being the caring, protective leader is actually way more alpha than being a posturing douche.
>>
>>37750124
Being an alpha male doesn't mean you have to be kind, but caring yes.
Leader, father, mentor, guardian, protector whatever you want to call it, your job is to teach and protect people, caring is part of that.
If your apprentice dies before you have a chance to teach him everything you know, kind of defeats the purpose.
A military leader doesn't have to be kind, but they do have to care that the majority of their people and resources are working as intended.

Granted there are alphas that rule through tyranny.
>>
>>37750124
Stop worrying about being "alpha" and start focusing on how you treat other people. Are you able to treat other people with kindness and compassion regardless of whether or not they have anything to offer you in return? Are you able to do that without being taken advantage of by all the vultures and hustlers in this world? Then you've done it, and you have no more use for that goofy ass word.
>>
File: dGVZ0C6.jpg (108 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dGVZ0C6.jpg
108 KB, 500x375
Absolutely. Everyone around me looks up to me for two reasons:

Most alpha, best with women in group.

Most compassionate and loving. I have a global sympathy that is really chill.
>>
File: 1465198895511.jpg (7 KB, 247x249) Image search: [Google]
1465198895511.jpg
7 KB, 247x249
Yes, but nobody else will ever be.

It's a complex situation. When I text people I want to talk about deep shit and have a genuine, good conversation. Instead I keep things very brief, mess up grammar on purpose, make jokes, and always end the conversation first.

I'm really wounded on the inside and have all this built up emotion. Because aside from having shallow friends and fucking beautiful women I'm a Goddamn person too and I have feelings.

It's like I have two personalities, the one people want to see, and the one locked away because nobody will ever truly care to see it.

And that's a problem, before I became "alpha" I was a weird, socially awkward kid that didn't have any friends. Still don't have any real ones either, and don't think I ever will.

Attempting to balance between the two never works, because they are two completely different spectrums and nobody gives the middle one the time of day, judging them to be one or the other.

Fuck man, just fuck.
>>
>>37750124
Traditionally, being alpha meant you're the leader - that is, people follow and listen to you.

So then the question becomes "how do I get people to follow and listen to me?"

And the answer to that question is simple: earn people's trust.

but to earn people's trust, you have to:

1. Make the correct decisions in the face of uncertainty
2. Shoulder the pressure, responsibility, and consequences of the actions of not only yourself, but also your people
3. Do those things consistently through out your life
>>
File: 4pgpNcN.jpg (63 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
4pgpNcN.jpg
63 KB, 480x608
>>37753166
Are you in the states?

I used to feel similar. LSD and smarter friends help. But even these friends are lacking these days. I'd be willing to hitchhike across the country with you to find enlightenment.
>>
>>37751944
I definitely won't lose!
>>
>>37752945
u dip
>>
I don't know if I would call myself "alpha" but I genuinely care about my friends and I've overheard them talking about how they feel safer with me around etc etc.
>>
>>37753189
AKA Bernie Sanders
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.