[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat 1 gram = 9 calories Carbs 1 gram = 4 calories Do I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
Fat 1 gram = 9 calories
Carbs 1 gram = 4 calories

Do I need to add those to the calories on the label? For example 1 slice of bread has 70 calories and 10 carbs does that make it 110 calories or is that already factored in?
>>
>>37748921
it's included
>>
Just mutiply the amount of each macronutrient by its calorie content, and it should add up to the total calorie content. IF not, the label is lying.
>>
>>37748921
Yes.
>>
>>37748921
You need to do this for everything.

Protein = 4 calories per gram.
Alcohol = 7 calories per gram.
Fat = 9 calories per gram.
Carbs = 4 calories per gram.

So, the calories on the label + the calories from every macro.
>>
>>37748984

Damn that's a lot. So like peanut butter is a shit ton of calories
>>
>>37748921
If the labe lsays 70 calories it has calories
>>
>>37749208
just kek my shit up
>>
>>37749005
i refuse to believe people are this stupid
>>
I feel like i juzt lozt braien cells
>>
>>37749208
>>37749208
stop trolling

lets say peanut butter usually has 190 calories

then it has extra calories from fat/carbs(sugar)/protein

u gotta add the calories from fat carbs and protein too or you're miscounting
>>
OP, the people telling you that you need to add the calories from macros are meming you.

The calories listed on the packet don't appear from thin air, its worked out by adding cals from protein, fat, carbs together.
Do what >>37748957 says if you want to confirm this. (There might be some slight variances due to rounding errors etc though)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.