[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit. I started working out recentently at home by basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: mlwb3[1].jpg (59 KB, 549x406) Image search: [Google]
mlwb3[1].jpg
59 KB, 549x406
Hi /fit. I started working out recentently at home by basically doing cardio, bodyweight and dumbbell workout. How important is bench and heavyweight to get ripped? Should I join a gym anyway? Thank you :)
>>
If you're working out correctly (good rest, good diet, good progress over time), it's fine.
All it changes is the time you get there.
>>
>>37748707
>If you're working out correctly (good rest, good diet, good progress over time), it's fine.
>All it changes is the time you get there.

How is it fine if he's missing hitting most of his body?

You can't properly train lower back, upper back, legs, et cetera without a gym. I'm guessing he doesn't have a wide range nor heavy enough range of dumb bells to be able to keep hitting his chest with enough weight
>>
>>37748231
Leave.
>>
>>37748725
Don't be so dumb, you can perfectly hit your whole body with bodyweight exercices. It'll just be very slow.
>>
>>37748825
>Don't be so dumb, you can perfectly hit your whole body with bodyweight exercices

How?

How can you properly hit your legs with just bodyweight exercises? Squatting a bag of rocks 300 times?
Upper back? - Rowing bags of rocks? Lower back - Deadlifting bags of rocks?

Just get a fucking gym membership. Jesus. It's $30-50/month
>>
>>37748839

Jesus christ im not a fan of bodyweight exercises but even i know you can hit the upper back with shit like pullups
>>
>>37748910
Not your full back
>>
>>37748915
Why even bother lad? OP is a massive retard or lowhanging fruit we're all grasping for.

>ripped
> :)

Yea i think he's a fucking troll desu lad
>>
>>37748231
Join a gym. You can't train legs at home without at least a barbell with some plates.

As for upper body, you can certainly get a huge and strong upper body without heavy weights. It takes a fuckload of time though so you're better off just going to the gym, since you need it to train legs anyway.
>>
>>37748941
True

What's up with like 10 of these posts in the catalog though... Srsly if you can't afford a gym membership you have MUCH bigger issues in your life than bodybuilding.
>>
>>37748971
> Srsly if you can't afford a gym membership you have MUCH bigger issues in your life than bodybuilding.

Couldnt have said it better, lad.
>>
>>37748839
>bodyweight
>bags of rocks
Are you legit retarded?

Though I do agree with you, you'll never get "ripped" (as in, decent amount of muscle at low bf%) at home with a pair of dumbbells. Maybe if your dumbbells went all the way up to 50kg but I doubt it.

On the other hand, you CAN get ripped with bodyweight exercises... but not at home. You gotta be gymnast tier to look great as a callisthenics-fag and you can't do muscle-ups or dragon flags in your living room. On top of that, aesthetic progress is WAAAAY slower than with weights.

tldr: join a gym
>>
>>37749024
>Are you legit retarded?

Yes. But you're not going to learn how to do fucking muscle-ups and all this other shit from a sedentary piece of shit on your own.
>>
>>37748231
>>37749024
Can confirm, am gymnast. We only look good because we train every day for years, and most of us have small legs.

It's not worth doing bodyweight shit if you just wanna look ripped, also if you don't have enough money to go to the gym girls won't will care about your ripped physique anyway.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.