[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going on a trip soon /fit/. How can I preserve my gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1467266050329.png (469 KB, 776x804) Image search: [Google]
1467266050329.png
469 KB, 776x804
Going on a trip soon /fit/. How can I preserve my gains?
>>
>>37746868
Sleep with the local sex workers
>>
File: the 3 amigos.png (166 KB, 384x319) Image search: [Google]
the 3 amigos.png
166 KB, 384x319
>>37746877
What body parts will I work out there?
>>
>>37746868
It takes 3 months for muscle atrophy to begin so just do push-ups and squats and planks to failure every day if you're really paranoid.
>>
Obama's such a globalist piece of shit. America is a fucking sovereign nation. Pushing this North American Union shit with failing Canada and failed Mexico. Possibly the worst president. Thanks for destroying what our founding fathers fought so hard to achieve, asshole.

Protein surplus and bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>37746902
Yeah but it takes 3 days for gains to stop and level out
>>
>>37746906
Looks like globalism has fallen from being the defining phrase of the pseudo-intellectuals to being the defining phrase of the basement dwelling /pol/acks

Just when you think it couldn't be more indicitive of a lack of intelligence an even stupider group of people pick it up. The only way it could get even worse is if monkeys learn to say it
>>
>>37746906
>Not wanting to have a continental North American ruled empire

Found the nu male. Go vote for Bernie you limp wristed cuck while Jamal takes out your girl for a night out.
>>
>>37746927
>>37746927
You're right anon. Shame all the /fit/ cucks can't see this.
>>
>>37746868
Street workout
>>
>>37746868
>fox news

you dun goofed
>>
>>37746902
> tfw i have been travelling for 3 months without consistently doing this
>found out this morning i lost 31lb, most of which muscle tho also some fat, 6'2" 215to 184

at least the trip is over in a couple weeks.

everything will be fine right? ..right?
>>
>>37746938
>mentions "sovereign nation"
>mentions founding fathers
>both classic right-wing phrases
How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>37746906
Literally nothing wrong with globalism. Capital grows and poor nations have an opportunity to grow up with the more developed nations. Sure there is outsourcing/immigrant labor but that literally in something to worry about unless you're retarded enough to be working a job cleaning toilets or cutting grass. You can't complain just because there's more competition today than yesterday.
>>
>>37750064
>Literally nothing wrong with globalism.

You forgot to add, "for poorer nations who benefit at the expense of richer nations."

This is why Britain voted to leave the EU, and the EU is mad about it, whereas Scotland voted to leave Britain and stay in the EU, and the EU doesn't want them.
>>
>>37746868
>google maps
>"gym (town you will be in)"
>call the gyms that show up
>ask about day/week passes
>work out at those gyms

Im surprised you havent just been hit by a car at this point, how have you made it through life being this retarded?
>>
>>37750101
>poorer nations who benefit at the expense of richer nations
No, it's good for the rich nations too. We get cheaper product, the value of our money and spending power rises, and we get to enjoy even more luxurious lifestyles for cheaper all around costs. The only people who don't benefit are the guys at the bottom of the totem pole in society that have to compete with immigrants for work. But that's remedied by actually applying yourself in school so you can get a real job.
>>
>>37746902
>It takes 3 months for muscle atrophy to begin

Got a source on this? I'm getting surgery in a few months and won't be able to do any lifting for like 6 weeks, makes me nervous
>>
>>37746906
>failing Canada
Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better burger clap.
>>
>>37750574
Three months seems excessive. I've heard up to two weeks only count as rest, after that gains will slowly disappear
>>
>>37751861
Yeah, I'm looking around and a lot of people are reporting little to no strength loss after 2-3 weeks of inactivity, but a decrease of 5-10% after that, and not much size loss unless they've been out of the gym for months

So I guess the lesson is to just lift hard while you can and eat right, and you'll probably be fine
>>
>>37746902
As somebody who lost gains traveling and dealing with injury, how long will it take to undo the atrophy and rebuild muscle to what it was?
>>
>>37752155
not that guy but

less time than it took to build it in the first place, cause of muscle memory

but it depends on how much you lost and over what period of time
>>
>>37752224
Do I need to bulk at the same surplus as I would to build new muscle?
>>
>>37752264
you might need to make slight adjustments, since you still have a base you're regaining muscle from, but I'd start at the same and go from there
>>
FUCKING KEK at you americucks who think a NAU is a bad thing. It litterally gives thr USA psudo-soverenty over noth canada in mexico.

Your nation is ANNEXING all of north america and you cry like BITCHES.
no where for criminals to hide now.
Stronger enforcement of law in mexico means bye bye cartels.

Illegals will no longer need to cross into america for work anymore because the NA dollar will be the same value in mexico as america.

RIP cancun, no longer a cheap holiday resort.

Fucking kek
>>
Depends on the length of the trip.

Few simple options:
1) Body weight shit
2) Pay for 1-day (or however long) gym memberships
3) Stay at hotel with fitness center
>>
>>37752568
KEK LOL LMAO CAPS AND POlemic OPinions! :)
>>
>>37751505
How's that recession?
>>
forget your gains for a little while.
treat your body like shit.
if ifs a vacation, you earned it.
if you need to do some pushups then do some.
its mentally healthy to not worry about physique for a little while
>>
>>37750064
>Literally nothing wrong with globalism

Except dissolving nations and organic communities into one mass so that a tiny elite can profit from a common market and labour force.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.