[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This is what fightfags actually believe Can I get a top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 28
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
>This is what fightfags actually believe

Can I get a topkek, my /fit/izens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLSju8pnTp8
>>
>anon spends all his time working out
>doesn't actually do anything with his muscles
>can't use his strength in a fight or for any "real world" scenarios

Working out and not being able to fight is retarded. It's like if I restored a vintage shitbox but I didn't have a license or wasn't able to drive it.
>>
>>37745030
I box and bodybuild. Starting jitz in like a year. I'd probably kick his ass after a year of jiu jitsu by just punching his face in. Seriously, if I hit him bare knuckle full force he'd be sleeping. He can't just instantly arm lock me, it would take one solid uppercut.
>>
>>37745052
>Bullies too scared to pick a fight with you
>Not useful

>>>/out/
>>
>>37745030
I bet my brother could beat you in a fight. He's 145 pounds and throws kicks like you swing a bat.
>>
>>37745030

that was funny
>>
really makes you think
>>
>>37745090
>>37745090
i can''t swing a bat for shit bruh
>>
>>37745088
>at da club
>DYEL kickboxer slaps your gf's ass
>you approach him thinking your muscle will intimidate a drunk black belt
>roundhouse to the temple
>anon doesn't know how to take a kick so he gets knocked out
>>
>>37745090
>I'm so tough! I'm so tough
"Okay! Let's fight!"
>I d-dunno bro. I recently injured my heel bones so not really today...
"Whatever, pussy"
>>
>>37745107
kickboxing doesn't have belts
>>
File: 1460823934324.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1460823934324.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>>37745107
>This is a scenario a second degree white belt ACTUALLY mulls over in his head

You can't make this shit up!
>>
>>37745090
What art? I'm interested in having bat legs.
>>
>>37745126
I actually did just make it up, I am not a kickboxer, see
>>37745125
>>
>>37745107

>At da club
>Enough room to throw any kind of kick

Pick one. The only kick that's actually useful in a real fight is patented by krav maga.
>>
>>37745219
>implying a front kick to the chin isn't deadly
>>
File: Randy+Couture+image[1].jpg (30 KB, 459x319) Image search: [Google]
Randy+Couture+image[1].jpg
30 KB, 459x319
>fighters

Some of the most autistic people I've met. Also they have gross ears.
>>
>>37745087
Dude, you say that now. Just wait till your first bjj class. You will literally feel helpless. That ~150 lb dude could effortlessly roll you around and fuck you and you wouldn't be able to stop him.
>>
>>37745219

>jewish fighting style
>patents on its techniques

CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>37745265
t. faggot
>>
>>37745219
A glass beer mug smashed into a persons face is pretty effective, there is a town in Ireland that banned them because every week some dude would get his face caved in.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/08/banning_beer_gl.html
nvm England and Whales.
seems a lot more effective to sit in your room jerking off and learning to smash beer mugs than to learn to fight.
>>
>>37745289
Just stating the truth anon
>>
>>37745265
I'm 6ยด5" 240lbs, u sure? Swot over 5 pl8
>>
>>37745265
Probably but I could probably still knock him out but the distance would probably be weird and he'd take me down before I could land a solid hit.
>>
>>37745307
Fck I meant 4pl8
>>
>>37745087
>it would take one solid uppercut.
lmao
is that supposed to be impressive?
a 100lbs manlet could knock anyone out with a solid uppercut
>>
>>37745307
Yeah he'd just do a reverse triangle if you have big arms. I got into a fight with a state wrestler who I think did judo to when we were in highschool. I won every fight I've been in because I can think for myself. He just cut an angle like instantly on me, it honestly was the most confusing shit. Triangle choked me and I tried to resist for like a solid minute but no avail and I had to tap.
>>
>>37745279
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>37745326
>anyone
>Chintuck
>>
>>37745331
Good luck getting into that position.
>>
There are too many damned Macahdos
>>
>>37745265

This reminds me of my story of when I briefly fell for the martial arts meme.

>Be in university
>There is a judo club where you can chill with judo people and learn judo, almost for free
>They're cool so I go to one of their classes
>Instructor is a master's student who has been doing it competitively for years
>He chooses me as the guy to demonstrate some takedown
>Little nervous
>He comes at me
>I flinched and accidentally poked his eye
>He turns around and takes like 5 minutes of eye rubbing to get his composure back
>I felt terrible but I politely finished the lesson
>Never went back

Seriously, how useless is a fighting style if a guy who trained for it his whole life was thwarted by a flinch thrown by a scared beginner who didn't even want to hurt him? Never mind the laundry list of injuries he's gotten, supposedly in the name of self defense.
>>
>>37745088
I beat the shit out of a meat head at a bar once. All that weight lifting doesn't make your nose any stronger and certainly didn't give him any reflexes

> hotdog neck at bar starting shit with some other patron
> gets pushed into my cousin who replies with a watch the fuck out Asshole
> 6pl8 takes the widest swing possible at my cousin because now it's him against the world
> it misses 5 Seconds later
> I step in to kick him in the dick and punch him in the face
> his nose breaks and barkeep says she is calling the cops
> the end
>>
No. Don't lump us up with BJJ or MMA fags. They are the delusional ones. Most of there shit is watered down mcdojo pussy fight clubs.
>>
To be honestI could beat floyd mayweather.
>>
>>37745435
>I step in to kick him in the dick
My hero <3
>>
>>37745473

No you couldn't. Floyd Mayweather is undefeated for a reason. That reason is that he can outrun everybody who is better at fighting than he is.
>>
>>37745432
lol you're an asshole

dude was trying to teach you something and you eyepoked him
>>
File: okay.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
ITT: Retards who think learning how to do violence and weightlifting are mutually exclusive things
>>
>>37745509
he's undefeated because boxing is divided in weight classes and he's staying at bitch boy lightweight/welterweight
>>
>>37745107
isn't it basic instinct to just put your arm up to block the kick and punch the faggot in the stomachs
>>
>>37746313
no desu your basic instinct is to flail around with your arms to no effect at all and flinch and lean back so much that your legs will not support you to any significant extent in case the blow connects
>>
as someone that lifts and does bjj

it's quite cringy to see what lifters have to say about fighting and what bjj people have to say about lifting.

lifters say shit like - bruh i squat 4pl8s and bench 250 i'll just toss him off me

and bjj people say - bruh get a kettlebell and do 50 squats then do 50 pushups and 50 situps and you'll be shredded in a few months
>>
>>37746701
>bruh i squat 4pl8s and bench 250 i'll just toss him off me

This is true, though.
>>
>>37746724
*In another part of the internet, on a bjj forum*

>and bjj people say - bruh get a kettlebell and do 50 squats then do 50 pushups and 50 situps and you'll be shredded in a few months

this is true, though
>>
>>37746701
I find a lot of BJJ guys are dyel chubbies that have no idea how to throw/block strikes.
>>
>>37746757
and i find a lot of boxers that have no idea how to do a double leg takedown

no shit, they're not practicing striking
>>
Not everybody wants to fight. You are clueless, if you pick a martial art to be able to fight / defend yourself. In real life, best option is always to run away. You don't have any rules outside of the ring. Your karate kicks won't help you, when my buddy stabs you form behind, or when you wrestle me down and i get my finger free and puncture your eye. Or shit like that. Or you could beat me, but theres a good chance that you leave injured because you just didn't want to run away. its never worth it. Street fighting is a totally different thing than martial arts.

Just pick a hobby you enjoy. Mobility, energy, passion, strength, progression, speed etc. that comes within are better reasons to do something.
>>
>>37745087
Would you recommend starting with boxing/striking then jits, or jits first?
Or both?
>>
>>37746313
That's a pretty bad idea assuming the kicker can actually kick.
>>
>>37745432

>Pokes guy demonstrating throws.
>Hur due not effective
>Does not say what happened when they did randori.
>Implying they did randori
>>
>>37745090
BATTY LEGS
>>
>>37746724
4pl8s doesn't teach you how to take a punch though. Glass jaw is glass jaw
>>
>>37747085
>>martial artists take hundreds of punches to the face to train

'fighters' are full of shit, get glassed/stabbed/beaten down all the time because 'muh fitin skills' dulls their flight response. real life isn't a classroom with respect and rules, faggots.
>>
>>37746313
yes plox, block a kick with your arm
please do it
there is nothing that could go wrong
lel
>>
>>37747754
Real fighting systems are made for places without respect and rules.
>>
>>37745219
>>37745107
>at da club
>sober enough to throw a kick
lul
>>
>>37745030
that video was retarded. you too, are retarded.
I'd imagine you would have liked it more.
>>
>>37745088
>>Bullies too scared to pick a fight with you
>>Not useful

>Bully's physique is just as impressive if not more so than yours.

What now?
>>
>>37746991
In street fight siituation, unless it's 1 on 1, boxing/kickboxing/judo are more useful than jewjitsu imo
>>
>>37745030
If you think scaring someone off before the fight begins isn't the greatest fighting technique you're gonna get your ass kicked badly
>>
>>37745030
>bodybuilder
>fit
choose one
>>
>>37746974
>found the liberal
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeNFcZE9s4
>>
>>37748339
time to leave /fit/ and go /sp/
>>
>>37746974
>best option is always to run away.
yeah, until somebody you love's violent ex is trying to break down their door
>>
Why are fightfags so annoying? I'm sure a legitimately trained fighter of any capacity could whoop my ass, but it seems every one I meet into the sport of fighting from any discipline is a recreational fighter with the frame of an Auschwitz survivor.
>>
I've been training bjj and boxing for a long time. Only collegiate football player levels of strength are going to save you. Benching 315 is not. take a real martial art if you want to be able to defend yourself.
>>
BJJ master Royce gracie facing wrestler Dan severn, who weighs 80 more pounds than him. Royce Gracie eventually wins, and here's the breakdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNV4t_be-EE
BJJ is king in 1v1, but in a streetfight, you don't want to be on the floor, boxing is fine as most people don't have any training.
>>
>fighting in real life
Who cares about having that as a skill? Do I look like a fucking ape to you?

I bet you retards love guns to. Enjoy your delusional violent fantasies.
>>
>>37745030
>Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs poster\
kek

He's kind of on point, though. A lot of bodybuilders are insecure and have something to prove, so end up acting incredibly aggressive in situations where their ego is threatened.
>>
>>37745435
That literally never happened m8
>>
File: 1450315306756.jpg (46 KB, 720x554) Image search: [Google]
1450315306756.jpg
46 KB, 720x554
>>37750202
>>
>>37750114
You will you knew a martial art when the eventual collapse of society comes from the upcoming race war.
>>
>>37750847
You will wish you***
Fuck me
>>
>>37745432
>one judo instructor was to slow to dodge a sucker-eyepoke
>all martial arts are useless
>>37750502
not same guy, but similar things happened to me a couple of times. only difference i kicked them in the gut instead of the dick because I ain't a bitch.
>>
Learning how to fight is a meme. You're better off spending your time at the gym and learning the movements of lifts. Learning the movements and knowing how to avoid injury is more than enough to fuck someone up.

>be at party
>boxer asshole starts talking shit about me and my friends
>we all ignore it
>he gives me a light jab on the face before he leaves
>get pissed and push him down as he's walking away
>he gets back up and gets in stance and bobbing up and down
>at this point theres already a circle around us and I just stand there with my arms up
>no idea what I'm doing
>he starts punching me with babby punches
>they're just fast
>feels like tennis balls being thrown at me
>catch one of his punches and pull him to me by the wrist
>grab his elbow with my other hand and push with 240lbs of pressing force while using the other arm to pull his wrist with 270lb rowing power
>his arm snaps like a twig
>synchronized OOOOOOOOOOOOO fills the room
>me and my friends dip before someone calls the cops
>>
File: (you).jpg (62 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
62 KB, 450x532
you can always tell who the beta males who got picked on were growing up because they're the ones who have hero and revenge fantasies as an adult
>>
>>37746066
I think those two are bretty gut for each other. It's harder to take down a big guy, just because of the fact that he's big. People are also less likely to fuck with someone who looks big. It's good to know how to fight, because of self defence and confidence and it's a cool hobby.
I think weightlifting and martial arts add up.
>>
>>37746974
Running away is the best option, you're right on that. But sadly it isn't always an option
>>
>>37747754
Yes, overconfidence is shit. It's shit whether you're a martial artist or a weightlifter
>>
>>37745107
>throwing a "roundhouse" in a crowded bar
>thinking anything like this has or would ever happen

lol as someone who did bjj for 10 years then got into weightlifting I think your cringeworthy and retarded.
>>
>>37745087
I'm a 150lbs blue belt in jitz and I steam roll little shit like you everyday. Just try to punch someone on the mats and see what happens
>>
>>37748237
>found the retard who has never been in a potentially life threatening altercation where RUNNING is the best option
>>
>>37745107
>not bringing an AR-15 to da club
>>
>>37752131
Omar pls no.
>>
>>37751472

this, this thread is cringeworthy
>>
I trained martial arts for years, have a black belt and can beat up 99%of people.

Didn't stop people from picking fights with me. No one knows youre a fighter until their face looks like a smashed tomato and they haven't hit me once. Know what did though? Doing steroids and getting huge. Now people don't ever bother me.
>>
>>37748158
im a school shooter :^)
>>
>>37745030
Just buy a fucking gun
>>
>>37752482
>escalate every confrontation to a life or death scenario
>the gunfags are insecure stereotype lives
>>
>>37752226
This. Trained martial arts as a kid for years, always had scuffles and confrontations from people wanting to dick measure or pick a fight. Now I'm big no one tries to start shit around me, ever. since I started lifting I actually haven't had a single fight. 5 years here, went from 150lb twink to 200 solid
>>
File: 1465103997136.png (182 KB, 332x342) Image search: [Google]
1465103997136.png
182 KB, 332x342
>>37745432
Jon?
>>
File: 976876.jpg (108 KB, 734x690) Image search: [Google]
976876.jpg
108 KB, 734x690
>Framed Steve Jobs poster

o i am laffin
>>
>>37752782
>feels the need to be superior by fighting jiggaboos
>calls gun owners insecure

Gun is more logical, there is a reason why people don't fight nearly as much as they use to. If there is a possibility the mother fucker has a gun, you're a lot less likely to try and fight them. Gun is working as intended.

Only time a gun owner is insecure is if they go picking fights while armed, that shit isn't cool.
>>
>>37746974
"just dont be there" is the best advice when it comes to fights, the majority of which are drunken bar fights that can be avoided. However "violence is rarely the answer, until it is the answer, in which case its the only answer available" is also good advice to bare in mind
>>
>>37749816
>thread started by butthurt /fit/izen
>gets told
"why are fightfags so annoying"
>>
I pose to you all a question:
Why does it fucking matter?
>>
File: 12677878646.gif (2 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
12677878646.gif
2 MB, 540x303
>>37751238
>>
Would it be worth it to learn like Krav Maga? Since it teaches you to just kill someone and not fuck around?

Fighting isn't something civilized people should ever do. And if it does come down to you being forced to fight, shouldn't you learn to end the fight as fast as possible?
>>
>>37745279
kek
>>
>>37753307
You are correct on all counts

Not to mention in the civilized world starting fights gets you thrown in jail
>>
>>37753307
It advertises that it's 2dedly jew ninja. In reality its commando LARP with no pressure testing that will likely get you fucked up in practice.

It's basically aikido with a different fantasy to sell but equally shitty training methods.
>>
>>37752933
The only time a gun owner is insecure is when they buy a gun.
>>
File: 1466410112866.png (327 KB, 471x300) Image search: [Google]
1466410112866.png
327 KB, 471x300
Brehs, I'm a purple belt in jjj, and have competed in amateur kickboxing (cruiserweight). I also lift (5/4/2.5/ 1.5 pl8s)...

Yet when it comes to confrontation I just let the noisier guy get his way.. if someone is squaring up to me for no reason bar their ego I will just find a way to get away.. I've even run.

Yet if someone fights a friend.. even if my friend was a dick and started it.. I'm in right away.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Also, I don't get why a lot of "mma" guys think they are different from bb as it's all about ego and sizing up too...
>>
>>37754201

>Also, I don't get why a lot of "mma" guys think they are different from bb as it's all about ego and sizing up too...

I guess it's just human nature to try to feel superior about what you do compared to others
>>
>>37753983

Akido is never really sold as a legitimate way of physical defense in a real situation... anyone who tells you that has been sold on the positives without any of the negatives of its philosophy.

It's intrinsic philosophy isn't applied to fighting but more a mastery of self and how you control yourself. There's a reason it's as much about doing the throws as it is about being thrown, and allowing yourself to be thrown. It's like dancing, but while it is quite faggot tier, it's a bit less faggoty than a man starting ballet to learn some physical coordination.

It does have some legitimate practices like locks and holds, but not really a realistic way of achieving them, so, again; it should not and rarely is sold as a "proper" fighting art by those who practice it correctly (especially as the whole meaning behind it is to flow, follow, and accept, rather than dominate)
>>
>>37754201
I hope you mean bjj. If it's jujutsu and they have a belts aside from white, possibly brown and varying dans then you're getting mcdojoed friendo
>>
>>37754261
Except it literally is. I guarantee every aikido joint around you will have "self-defense" on their website
>>
>>37745030
MMA/BJJ/etc is a joke. Its a sport nothing more. It does not take into account.

>Headbutts (Pull Guard on someone and let them head butt you.
>Eye gouges
>Bites (Saw a street fight at a bar. BJJ guy with funky ears fought a psycho. Dude got psycho in side control. Psycho bit part of his fucking neck clean out)
>Groin shots. Oh you mounted me. Goodbye balls.
>>
>>37752818
kek
>>
File: 1236562735.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1236562735.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>37754201
Martial arts teaches you that most fights are avoidable, and just because you can hurt someone, doesn't mean you should. Moreover, a lot of techniques were designed to kill an opponent, and you don't need decades in prison just to prove a point.
>>
>>37751238
This never happened
>>
File: reality.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>37745030
Literally all you have to do is pull out a gun and all the training is gone LOL
>>
>>37745087
Brown belt bruh. He's trained in how to handle a punch being thrown.
>>
>>37754433
No they are not. LMAO you cant just stop a fast jab or a flurry. This is not a movie. Most of these guys fold after taking one hard punch.
>>
Why are fighters so insecure? I don't doubt they can beat me up. Why is that the first thing that comes to their mind? Anytime someone is in shape around them they take it as a personal attack.

Also, what do you think benefits you more often: being attractive or being good at fighting?
>>
File: absolute coincidence.webm (598 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
absolute coincidence.webm
598 KB, 480x360
>>37745279
kek
>>
>>37745107
>kickboxer gets sued for all he's got and gets 5 years
>anons head hurts a little bit
>>
File: Glock.jpg (169 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
Glock.jpg
169 KB, 700x476
>>37745030
>I have trained for years
>I will destroy you
>I will now attack
>Wait what are you grabbing
>Oww
>Im dead

Reality
>>
>>37754444
>Also, what do you think benefits you more often: being attractive or being good at fighting?

Kek this. If you frequently find yourself in situations where being good at fighting is a relevant skill, you already failed at life.
>>
>>37747041
How do you block a kick? You don't? Or just don't be in the way of a kick?
>>
>>37754472

>Implying krav maga won't wrestle that gun from you and shoot you in the balls because fighting back is always the safest thing to do when somebody pulls a gun on you
>>
File: CHADs GIRLFRIEND EATS PIZZA.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CHADs GIRLFRIEND EATS PIZZA.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>37754444
checked. same. i have one friend who is DYEL as fuck, spent a few years in Amry Reserve and a few years of karate as a kid and thinks he is some kind of deadly mercenary. constant "hero" fantasies and believes he can KILL anyone he meets.
>>
>>37754527
>Implying Krav Maga isn't a fucking sham and the majority of dojo's don't even teach it right
>>
>>37754553
>army reserve

What a joke desu
>>
>>37754472
Try living in a country that isnt USA ya gunloving nu-male pussy. In europe the kebabs walk around mugging and attacking whites, if you cant defend yourself, you are fucked.
>>
File: deep dish chicago pizza.png (2 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
deep dish chicago pizza.png
2 MB, 1200x800
>>37754576
from what he tells me about it really seems to be a big fucking joke. although, garbage in, garbage out and he's lazy as fuck and often fails his PT tests which surprising since anyone who bothers to jog once a week could probably do it.
>>
>>37754515
You block a kick with your shin if it's at leg level.
If it's higher than leg level, close gap. Dude can't kick your face when you're standing right in front of him.

>>37754527
>mystical ninja jew fighting
>take a gun
Weeaboos are fucking disgusting and this is coming from someone who's trip has Loli in it.

God I hate you
>>
File: 56185451.jpg (325 KB, 1024x672) Image search: [Google]
56185451.jpg
325 KB, 1024x672
>why not be both

it will take longer to be pic related than be a good enough fighter to fuck most Joe Blow's up

it's not hard to get gud at fighting. you just need to actually do it and fight via real sparring in a gym with other guys who are training etc. you'll be able to kick the shit out of anyone after six months of that, no problem. watch any guy that goes into boxing. they become stupidly quick compared to the average asshole that doesn't know shit within the first several months.
>>
>>37754587
And if you defend yourself against the gentle immigrants who dindu nuffin, you become branded racist and your life is pretty much over.
>>
>>37754614
let me make it easier for you faggots defending the video above.

It's easy to git gud at fighting and fuck up any faggot that the most fighting he's done is a couple fights in the locker room during high school. it's hard to fight someone else that is also gud at fighting, no matter what. now, if you're bigger and stronger than them, then they're going to get fucked up because you have the leverage.
>>
>>37748339
>a person that doesn't know how to fight vs a person that does. Guess who wins
If the other guy knew how to fight, he would get demolished
>>
File: 1440043483575.jpg (286 KB, 1227x1132) Image search: [Google]
1440043483575.jpg
286 KB, 1227x1132
>>37754515
It depends on the kick.

Generally a roundhouse kick is highly telegraphed and you can kick out the supporting leg, quickly front kick them in the chest, or move with the motion of the kick to block it or dodge it where possible. You don't want to take a full force roundhouse with a standing block; it is the maximum force a human can deliver in a strike.
>>
>>37754387
Literally none of those are an issue unless your only training is watching ufc. Take your side control for example, if your neck is anywhere near their mouth I wouldn't even call it side control as it fails to fulfill half the name.
>>
>>37754587
This. USA is a whole different ball game. Eurabia is a free for all at night.
>>
>>37754728
> living in either cuckzone
Memest of memes
>>
>>37754675
Every takedown exposes the back of your neck in close quarters to the fists and elbows. Grappling arts rely on rabbit punching being against the rules for success in this. They won't even teach you what a rabbit punch is in these schools because they rely on it being outlawed so heavily. Everytime someone lays on the ground in their spider position they're asking to get kicked in the groin or the head; again both are against the rules. Sorry to ruin your imagined reality.
>>
>>37754442
>hey lets develop a martial art guys
>sure, lets make one that can't handle someone trying to punch you in the face
>that sounds swell m8

said literally no one ever.
>>
>>37754456
>>>37754444
>Kickboxer runs away after fight
Also, how do I be more attractive if I lift and try to maintain low bodyfat?
>>
File: 1464463596929.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464463596929.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>37745307
https://youtu.be/YCKOtBjLZaA
150 lb bjj black belt vs 250 lb pro bodybuilder.

>there are people who think just having muscle is good enough
>>
>>37745052
It's more like having a sports car but not taking racing lessons. You still can drive fast, you just don't know how to corner or when to change gears more efficiently. The fact is that you will still be faster than a normal car and win a race against them. Maybe an actual race driver would beat your car in just a hot hatch, but you aren't a fucking race driver so who cares?
>>
>>37745030
>a person who trains his entire life to be good at fighting is better at it than someone who doesnt
AMAZING, WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING
>>
File: 1456028870630.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456028870630.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
>>37745030
Not being swole as fuck + knowing how to grapple/and hit

Its like you guys want to be beta, being big and knowing how to fight trumps all.
>>
>>37754772
Osoto gari
Tomoe nage
Tani otoshi
Ko uchi
O uchi
Ashi guruma
Ura nage

All these throws do not carry any of the risks you outlined. Additionally, if you're trying to throw someone without breaking their balance (see: incapable of delivering a meaningful blow ) then you only have yourself to blame.

I'm nit much of a bjjfag but, to my understanding, bjj self-defense relies on a) executing a throw while remaining upright and b) using bjj techniques to get back on your feet asap should you get taken down. If you're rolling around trying to berimbolo people you deserve to get stomped. That said, if you're in a situation where self-defense is required you're probably retarded anyway.
>>
>>37754888
To be fair, its good enough against guys with no fighting experience. Most guys dont know how to fight, and have never been in one. Being the strongest when fighting someone will else put you at a huge advantage.
>>
File: emanuele ferrari.jpg (97 KB, 736x1106) Image search: [Google]
emanuele ferrari.jpg
97 KB, 736x1106
how long does it take to progress through "newbie gains" as far as martial arts goes? can i spend half a year and be better than a normie? i'd consider it but i don't wanna take away too much time and energy from lifting
>>
File: 1467230387780.jpg (110 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
1467230387780.jpg
110 KB, 499x750
>>37755370
also, how likely am i to get my joints or tendons fucked up rolling? if learning some basic bjj puts me at great risk of snapping my shit i don't wanna bother
>>
>>37755370
Martial arts don't make you gain muscle
>>
File: 1467230165011.jpg (60 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
1467230165011.jpg
60 KB, 499x750
>>37755394
>>
File: 1467230450256.jpg (130 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
1467230450256.jpg
130 KB, 499x750
>>37755397
i mean like experience-wise. like if i spend half a year training, will i be able to be substantially better prepared than someone like myself currently?
>>
>>37754888
>a guy who specifically trains for assgrabbing is better at it than someone who doesn't

I mean, yeah, that bodybuilder had a cocky attitude, but that fighter looked like he was struggling for something that should have been pretty easy for him to do.
>>
>>37755394
>how likely am i to get my joints or tendons fucked up rolling?

Extremely likely. I have never met someone who does martial arts that doesn't have a list of injuries. The only sports I can think of that might have a higher injury rate are gymnastics and maybe football.
>>
>>37755446
>struggling

the guy just took on someone 100lbs heavier than him that was way, way stronger, and came out without a scratch on him you fucking retard.
>>
>>37754888
desu if he even did a little bit of any kind of martial art he would of wrecked that guy. He couldn't connect a single punch even though the BJJ failed to block all of them.
>>
>>37755496
He was a manlet though he had way superior reach and kicking ability.

Oh wait pity he doesn't do Muay or kickboxing
>>
>>37755037
That sounds so fucking gay haha
>>
>>37755531
yeah man that four inches is worth 2nd degree black belt in BJJ. you're a fucking retard. i'm going to sleep.
>>
>>37755037
Faggot
>>
>>37755370
You'll be better than an untrained Normie, but just barely. You'll still know next to nothing though. Striking is easier to learn, but in the long run bjj allows you to completely neutralize most opponents with minimal effort. Especially with some training.

Out of all of the people who walk into our gym I've never seen anyone purple or up have trouble dominating them. We had a 6" 1' 215 lb D1 wrestler roll in last week and he could hang with blues, our purples were better, and 165 lb brown belt that rolled with him made him look like a child.
>>
>>37755425
In bjj you'll know some tricks, but you'll still be complete noob status.
>>
>>37755425
A good blue belt (2-3 years) will have no problem outgrappling noob people with 40lbs on him.

Add strikes and it's another story
>>
>>37754387
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vale_tudo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZKZsqWdFw
>>
>>37755613
>>37755644
Wow, compelling argument. It's almost like you're regurgitating bullshit without having a clue what you're on about
>>
Any taijiquan man in here?
>>
With equal skill, of course weight/strength matters. That's why there are weight classes in MMA and BJJ.

However I have no doubt that either of pic related would have no problem choking out 90% of /fit/ in a vale tudo match. They are sub 145 lbs
>>
>>37755827
bagua representing
>>
>>37753237
>>37754400

...JUST LET ME HAVE THIS! ALL MY LIFE IVE BEEN NOTHING AT LEAST LET ME LOOK COOL ON THE INTERNET!

I DONT EVEN GET INVITED INTO PARTIES. I DONT EVEN HAVE FRIENDS! I DONT EVEN WORKOUT! IM JUST A NEET THAT STILL LIVE WITH MY AUNT AND HER 8 CATS! IVE TRIED TO CHANGE BUT ALL WEVE GOT TO EAT IN THE HOUSE IS POTATOES AND RICE MOST THE TIME, IVE ACTUALLY STARTED EATING THE CAT FOOD CAUSE IT HAS MORE NUTRITIONAL VALUE. SHITPOSTING AND ROLEPLAYING IS MY ONLY WAY TO COPE WITH MY MISERABLE EXISTENCE, PLEASE, JUST LET ME HAVE THAT
>>
Any more bjj fags here? How do you feel about it? Any prior martial arts experience? Do you train striking as well? If so what kind?

I'm just a whitebelt, but i'd like to add muy thai once I hit blue. I don't ever plan on fighting outside of class, but it'd be nice to have some striking experience. It just feels like a huge gap knowledge-wise.
>>
>>37752818
Lel
>>
>>37756269
Mah nigga. I haven't done it in years but I miss it.
>>
>>37745435
>I step in to kick him in the dick and punch him in the face
so you went 2 on 1 like a pussy? gj you're still the bitch everyone thinks youre
>>
>>37745030
Nothing a well placed pipe bomb couldn't fix
>>
Grappling martial arts are so fucking boring. Only judo is worth a damn
>>
>>37745131
Proably either Muay Thai or TKD. Both have the best kicks in martial arts. Maybe Kyokushin Karate, those guys feel no pain
>>
>>37756732
BJJ fag here. I used to train striking, actually started with MMA at the same club. After about 2 years I eventually moved on to BJJ/grappling because I realized I wouldn't be competing at MMA (brain damage is bad for you I hear). I would recommend doing both, as most BJJ schools have shit wrestling/judo and never train for strikes of any kind. Granted, a grappler will never want to punch or kick someone, but knowing how to do it goes a long way toward not getting your skull caved in by someone who does. If I wanted to go back to striking it would probably be either straight up MMA, or Muay Thai because of the clinch work that goes into it.
>>
How many actual real world fights have any of you trained fighters actually been in?
>>
>>37757548
being in a "real world fight" is for retards. (not fucking idiotic) people train for one of 3 things - self-defense, competing, and hobby. not seeking out fights and defending muh honurrr
>>
>All these people who think that in an actual street fight their 'art' would be useful
>>
>>37748158
Pipebomb
>>
File: 1446793987111.gif (769 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1446793987111.gif
769 KB, 260x146
Only time i have ever gotten into a fight as an adult was when a MMA fag picked a fight with me for no other reason then being big

>did wrestling as kid
>mma fag starts hustlin me and my friends for no appearent reason
>offer him a drink, try to play it cool, i usually am good at peacekeeping
>faggot ignores peacedrink, starts insulting buddies gf
>see red since i cant take it when people do shit to my friends, dont care bout myself but my friends are holy ground
>tell him to fuck the fuck off or im calling the guards
>douchefag deluxe charges at me, block one strike by sheer luck, he then goes in for a grapple, realise what hes about to do, and throw an elbow into his neck
>grasp nech, and throw his face into a wall full speed ahead
>realise i just did a rabbit-elbow-pucnh-thingy and probably broke his nose
>gtfo fast as fuck before someone can ID us
>and that kids, is why fighting is fucking stupid, a meme, and should not be done by adult humans
>>
File: 1464465981433.png (725 KB, 978x683) Image search: [Google]
1464465981433.png
725 KB, 978x683
>>37745052
>It's 2016 and I unironically believe that the most important physical skill to have is the ability to cause bodily harm to my fellow humans

yeah, I know, I'm taking the bait, but I'm getting pretty sick of this forced meme. Thinking that the only use for muscles is fighting is idiocy. Their are loads of better things to train and become strong/muscular for than rolling on a mat with another sweaty man.
>>
>>37745435
A kick in the dick has never stopped someone already in fight mode, especially not a drunk one.

Especially especially not if he's a proper meat head on roids that shrunk his balls.

You're full of shit
>>
>>37749719
You must live in a third world country if your idea of a home is something so small you can't run past an intruder, or use another exit.

If someone breaks in you release the tiger or drop a 10 tonne weight on them. It's all about being prepared, be like Batman
>>
>>37751472
I have them because I spent so long role-playing on persistent worlds in neverwinter nights.

I just cannot live this boring normal life anymore..
>>
>>37749719
> fucking used up whores
>>
>>37754527
>Jewish style
>first impulse is to steal something
Kek, thieves by blood
>>
>>37759730
They are poor and live in a really shitty apartment, Japan is not third world but seriously has a huge underclass of people trapped in poverty.

>>37759795
He is a very sweet and charming man
>>
There's literally zero reason to ever have to fight, we aren't animals anymore.
>>
>>37754414
I think I might be autistic but...

A martial artist doesn't have a chance against an animal right?

Would fighting like an animal be effective? Going for the jugular and bighting, throwing your weight against somebody?
>>
>>37745030
>le funny suave pizzaface
>>
>>37745030
>>37745052
I'm a small 62kg boxer at 5'8

A while back we had a big ripped guy come into our gym for a boxing class. Afterwards it ended up my turn to spar with him in the ring.

I was thinking "Shit this guy is going to hit hard, play it safe and keep him on the outside for the round"

Turned out he was one of the worst people I've ever sparred with. He had had literally NOTHING, he didn't even know how to jab right without lifting his chin high up in the air and keeping his hands down by his chest.

I was the aggressor for the round and I even went easy on him. However if it had been out in a bar and he started on me I'd be nervous as hell. Big guys aren't always tough guys.

That being said I've been hit by big guys who know what they're doing and it's wobbled me.
>>
>>37760079
Samefag here

I still wouldn't want to spar with a big weight lifting guy if i can help it. Even if they suck the shots they do land usually hurt. Even if you cover up you still go flying if they've got enough weight behind them.
>>
>>37755835
Ugh, what gaudy gis. What's up with BJJ and plastering a whole fuck load of logos and other stupid shit on their gis?
>>
>>37759909
I live in a 1LDK in tokyo. There's plenty room to run past someone, m8.
>>
>>37760222
BRs ruin everything
>>
>cc gun
>don't try to get into fights because I'm not an ape
>if someone does try to assault me shoot them
>???
>>
>>37760423
> dont live in a shithole
> everything you said is now redundant
>>
>>37760251
the ex had forced his way in the door so my partner locked himself in the bathroom.

look, if there is one entry to the apartment, and a large scary man who put you in hospital a year ago and has been stalking you is in that doorway, how the fuck do you get past them? jump off the balcony?
>>
>>37760438
has nothing to do with living in a shithole

I live in a nice part of a nice city and work in a white collar job.

No reason not to carry though.

Never even been in a situation where I thought I'd have to use it but you never know.
>>
>>37760438
>> dont live in a shithole
what is immigration?
>>
>>37760477
your home turning into a shithole.
>>
>>37745102
Heavily underrated
Nice post friendo
>>
>>37745030
everyone believes this because it's the truth.
>>
>>37759697
> He's never seen anyone get a 5m time out for getting hit in the balls during an official fight

Educate yourself retard.
>>
Having decent boxing skills in high school made all (non-ambush) fights trivial.
>>
>>37759669
t. coward
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.