[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being sore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: snowman.png (756 KB, 702x1118) Image search: [Google]
snowman.png
756 KB, 702x1118
Hey guys, what do you do to reduce soreness after lifting, and do you cut a workout if you're too sore?
>>
>>37743871
Go lift again. And take creatine.

Youre sore because youre not ysed to using those muscles. 2-3 weeks and you wont be as sore.
>>
Work through it.

I only cut a workout if something that should be really easy is like an rpe9 and I feel dizzy and feverish
>>
>>37743900
Gotcha. I'm still pretty new so I just try to go around to all of the machines and work every part of my body. Is that a bad idea?
>>
>>37743914

uhhh ya.
>>
>>37743929
well shit
>>
>>37743914
Yes, that is incredibly stupid and not progress-oriented whatsoever.
>>
I'll look at that starting strength setup then.
>>
>>37743871
I used to get massively sore when I first started. Now it happens if I do 20+ rep ranges. Just keep going then you'll get used to it.
>>
>>37744058
I'm a still kind of unsure what I should actually do when I get there. I'm probably gonna stick with the starting strength lineup that's on the board's sticky.
>>
>>37744101
Starting strength is great to shock the nervous system and muscles but then you will need to decide if you want pretty muscles or to look like a fat hulk. In which case body build and diet for pretty muscles, powerlift and eat whatever for huge bulging muscles with no tone.
>>
>>37744124
And it's possible to achieve all of that with just bench presses, deadlifts and so on that only use the bar?
>>
>>37744147
No. But you're a beginner so you need a beginner program. So do one until you can put some weight on the bar then get a new program.
>>
>>37744193
Sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.