[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do to have consistent motivation and energy? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1465096197091.jpg (23 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
1465096197091.jpg
23 KB, 500x487
What can I do to have consistent motivation and energy? I'm not depressed, and I get things done, but I feel like there's a huge drag on me most of the time despite eating, sleeping and exercising correctly.

Adderral, and generally other stimulants don't work well for me.
>>
What is your diet and how often do you exercise?
>>
>>37741819

Just hit my macros lift 2/3 times a week and run a couple of times a week.
>>
>>37741805
Fuck that is literally my body type fuuuuuck

Thanks for the motivation, OP
>>
>>37741805
>What can I do to have consistent motivation and energy?

Nothing. This is part of the human condition. Being animals, we are meant to pursue things with a very high reward to exertion ratio.

I've heard the analogy that motivation is like gasoline, it burns quick and violently but when it's gone, it's gone. discipline is more like hot embers, it'll stay hot for a very long time.

you lack discipline, cultivate it. there's really no real method for developing discipline, it varies wildly from person to person but it all boils down to "just do it."

Over time, you'll hate what you must do less and less.
>>
>>37742094
Also, if you're fat and trying to lose weight, fph threads and lurking fit always helps motivate me.

nothing makes you want to put down the pizza more than seeing the endgame for obesity.
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 1258x1088) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 1258x1088
>depression and lethargy

Take your vitamins and supps, specifically:
>multi (try men's Rainbow one)
>D3 (you're probably deficient)
>ZMA (sleep better and test gains)
>st. John's wort (depression)

I started back on my D3 a couple weeks ago and damnit do I feel good. I wake up feeling better, I'm happier in general, my lifts are going up. Feels good mane.
>>
>>37741865

Fuck macros, try to cut sugar - gluten and processed food "as much as possible" try your best, then hit your macros eating organic sugar-gluten free shit.

Try it for 3-4 days. You will lose nothing if it doesn't work. If you do, you will thank me after seeing how much clearance you have on your mind in your life.
>>
Hey op are you constantly consuming caffeinated beverages? If you are.. stop. Caffeine is for mornings only. Otherwise its a viscious cycle.
>>
>>37741805
>Consistent motivation

That doesn't exist. Motivation is a quick burst of energy that quickly fades away.

What you need is discipline.

Get into a habit that you enjoy, and that you KNOW will be good for you (aka dieting/working out), and then you wont need motivation.
>>
DISCIPLINE
>>
>>37741805
SUN
U
N

Energy levels are almost entirely related to B and D vitamins.
Vitamin D helps regulate other vitamin absorption, it's probably the most important vitamin because without it you'e automatically missing out even if all your other shit is legit.
There are multiple types of vitamin D, the kind you eat which is processed by the liver through food and the kind that is created from skin cells.

Vitamin b regulates all metabolism with some help from vitamin c on certain things.
A vitamin b deficiency means you are generally overeating and getting less energy than someone eating half of what you are.
Let's recap.
Vitamin d to help absorb vitamin b, vitamin b to help your body actually use energy.
Bam energy levels solved.
>>
>>37741805

For me it's not really motivation, it's being reminded of the need to do all the things I want to accomplish.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.