[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1420295878848.jpg (137 KB, 1010x810) Image search: [Google]
1420295878848.jpg
137 KB, 1010x810
>check my results on symmetricstrength after every workout
>reach blue in every body part
>incredibly proud of myself
>next gym day, DL 90kg
>turn to PT for a thumbs up
>PT pulls me aside
>"Your form is a mess on every exercise. You're just going to snap your spine like that. Drop all the weight and start from scratch"
>Demoted to empty bar on every lift
>Completely lost motivation

I feel like I've been cheated out of three months.
I was on board with him, it's only right that I should go down with weights a bit if I have to fix my form

But making me go from 70kg squat to 20kg is too cruel
>>
>>37740317
>PT
there's your problem
>>
>>37740317
dw mi mong
with proper form and lots of f00dz you'll be blessed with your old gains and ~*~more~*~ in no time!

Keep it up OP!! :DD
>>
>>37740352

It's not like he's spouting broscience on me or saying my routine is shit.
He's just saying my back bends, my shoulders roll forward, and I'm putting too much strain on my lower back.

All true things I should be avoiding.
But I didn't expect him to say my form is not good enough to lift ANY weight
>>
I'm totally willing to bet that PT as a degree in kinesiology and probably working towards a PhD in Physical Therapy and definitely didn't take a 12 hour bullshit online physical training certificate course where he printed out the diploma himself. He totally knows what he's talking about. And why wouldn't he!? I mean he works at a gym for crying out loud!
>>
>>37740407
>"but my PT told me that bodyweight and 5 pound DB exercises will get me leaned and toned rather than huge like a bodybuilder. you know, a PT, a guy who works at a gym?"
>>
Lowering weight doesn't fix a rounded back DL OP. You aren't engaging hamstrings or glutes on setup which causes you to do the whole movement your back. Look up Thralls video on Romanian deadlifts. Also shoulders sagged forward isn't bad form. You don't retract scapula on a deadlift
>>
>>37740399
Your PT is useless. He should've said something about poor form long before this and given you mobility drills to fix whatever the issue is.
>>
File: shoooooga.jpg (39 KB, 311x399) Image search: [Google]
shoooooga.jpg
39 KB, 311x399
>>37740317
Do you know for sure if your form is shit?

Record your lifts at 75% RM and see if you do have bad form or not. If not, record yourself lifting your normal weight. If not, move on bronco.
>>
>>37740495
or this idiot has been lifting for a couple of months and thinks the more you lift the better you get.

lifting is about posture, strenght comes later on after you have trained your core strong enough to withstand it.
>>
>>37740495

He told me about my form long before today, I just thought I was fixing it.

Even with him behind me, I'm having difficulties understanding exactly when I'm losing form and what I should or shouldn't be moving.

>>37740506
I'm pretty sure my form was indeed bad, because every PT (there's 4) commented on it at some point, and lately I was starting to get lower back pains.

Like I mentioned, I'm completely okay with revising my form, I know form is more important than weight, unlike what >>37740516
implied.
But I expected "Fixing form" to start from maybe half weight, not absolutely zero.
>>
>>37740317
you are an idiot
if you want to lift heavy at some point, you should:
- record yourself and look at your form
- work on your form with lower weights,
- work on your mobility
people with bad form look terrible
>>
Fuck your form bro. Just lift. You will be fine. Also, going down to 20 kg from 70 is ridiculous.
>>
>>37740486
dayuuum somehow I missed the part about transfering rdls over to dl when I watched it before
Seems very legit, thanks
>>
>>37740578

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqEWLvtZJw
>>
>>37740645
>Also, going down to 20 kg from 70 is ridiculous

This, what the fuck. Even if your form is fucked up you wouldn't drop 50 KG's
at worst it would be 10 to 15
>>
>>37740486
m8, would 3x10 RDLs twice a week help?
>>
>>37740578
You can fix your form with almost to no weight and can get back up to your schedule of weights if you were not ruining your form.

If you are not able to succesfully perform in good form than you are not actually lifting anything and are doing nothing besides trying to cripple yourself up.
>>
>>37740810
I'm slowly working to do it, so far my biggest problem is squats.

I'm trying to do them breaking parallel, but if I ask the PT to look at me and say "stop" when I break form, the stop happens always before I can make my hips go past the knees
>>
>>37740380
>RANDOM
>SPORK
>TEHPENGUINOFDOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>37740836
You need more mobility/flexibility in your hamstrings.
>>
>>37741272

They don't feel tight though
What stops me is my abductors, I'm working on getting them more stretchable
>>
>>37740317
Deloading will just result in you spinning your wheels. My form is shit for any weight which can picked up by a stiff breeze but with some actual weight on the bar it's decent. It was the same when I was starting too.

The risks of injury are overstated unless you are progressing far too quickly and ignore your body's warning signs.
>>
>>37740743
To ingrain a pattern for using hammies and glutes yes. It's a teaching method really. I don't do them at all anymore desu since I've practiced my setup a lot
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.