[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw work overnights >3 days off per week >only thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1465472658079.jpg (11 KB, 280x238) Image search: [Google]
1465472658079.jpg
11 KB, 280x238
>tfw work overnights
>3 days off per week
>only thing to do all night is go to the gym for an hour or play vidya
>tfw im so fucking bored

anyone here work nights? what the fuck do you do overnight on your days off?
>>
>>37733190

Just started working nights, pretty much nocturnal now and sunlight hurts my eyes.
>>
>>37733190
You could become the dark knight
>>
>>37733190
I did a year and a half as a static guard for this local security company.

There's a 24hour shop around here so I was able to buy groceries and what not.
Gym was around 2 or 3pm when I woke up and thats when I'd run errands.

Basically became a shut in. Everyone else was like that as well
>>
Don't have anything to add other than I'm 8 months into third shift and I want off this ride. Recovery from training is so fucked at this point. It wasn't bad at first but now I'm having trouble sleeping on days I don't train and just feel groggy all the time in general.
>>
>>37733190

I'm a CO at the State Penitentiary, I'm posted on third shift (2200-0600). I work a lot of overtime during the day, though.

My nights off suck, they're a good break from that shitty place but I know that feel, there's literally nothing to do but play video games, and I can't sit and play a game for eight hours like I used to be able to do, I just get bored/frustrated/tired.

Also, I feel like working third shift is seriously fucking with my overall health. I literally never feel fully energized anymore. Even after a 'good' day's sleep, I still feel groggy and depressed.

I miss working a 9-5 monday through friday. Fuck.
>>
>>37733255
Try taking melatonin and vitamin D
>>
File: 1410619390931.png (163 KB, 804x804) Image search: [Google]
1410619390931.png
163 KB, 804x804
>>37733267
vitamin D? i-im not gay sorry
>>
>>37733272
just try it you faggot
>>
>>37733267
I actually take both, my main issue right now (I think) is that my blackout curtains don't work for shit, I need to get something set up to where it's pitch black in my apartment.

>>37733255
I should also add that sometimes on my nights off I'll go for a long walk or drive around for a while, that helps pass the time. Sometimes I'll go shopping or do meal-prep, that's about it, though. My hobbies have pretty much fell through the floor since I started working third shift.
>>
>>37733288
Use a sleeping mask.

>>37733190
I work from 9pm-7am 4 nights a week at a hotel. On my off days I flip my sleeping pattern around so that I'm asleep at night and awake during the day. Before I started doing that I never got to see my friends, and the days of me playing vidya for 8 hours straight are long gone.

Downside to doing that is that you well perpetually feel like shit. I am always tired, but I can't fall asleep when I want to. I've been doing this for a year and a half now and I'm ready to get off this ride. It is affecting my mental health, my physical health and my gains. I just want a job with normal daytime hours that pays me more than the shitty $13/hr im making. All of my friends are getting started on their careers and families while I'm busy selling rooms to prostitutes and dealers.
>>
>>37733190
>what the fuck do you do
contemplate how everything went so wrong
>>
>>37733511
I do that from the moment I wake up to the moment that I go to bed at eleven in the fucking morning.
>>
>>37733190
wanna be my bf
(pls original
>>
File: 1459497716474.png (10 KB, 576x347) Image search: [Google]
1459497716474.png
10 KB, 576x347
>work 10-8 overnight
>wake up at 5pm
>train mma
>eat
>go to work
>get off
>lift
>sleep

days off rest and play vidyeo gaymes
>>
>work 0000-0900 Monday to Thursday
>sleep 3hrs before shift, 4hrs after shit
>on Thursday stay awake all day until 7pm
>clock out, sleep until 8am Friday
>sleep reset, can enjoy days off

Took me a while to get in the habit but it works for me. Alternatively I worked on hobbies overnight, played vidya or went to the local park (spot lights on during the night) and just meditated or generally just enjoyed the peaceful nights.
>>
File: snakenevergiveup.png (193 KB, 646x448) Image search: [Google]
snakenevergiveup.png
193 KB, 646x448
>>37733190

Same situation. I dont mind spending most of my time alone, because I prefer it that way. But yeah, I wish there was more shit to do at 2-3am, just to break up the monotony. I just save any errands or activities for my off days, and do grocery shopping late night at a 24hour place.

Still, better than working days, pretending to be a normie, and feeling out of energy because of it and never having time to myself.

>>37733223

Also this.
>>
File: 99f.gif (157 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
99f.gif
157 KB, 600x320
What do my fellow third shifters do to fight the loneliness? I haven't seen my friends in months, I don't have anybody to text message, I haven't met a qt in months. I'm just lonely as fuck on account of my schedule.
>>
File: 1464918684722.jpg (324 KB, 640x599) Image search: [Google]
1464918684722.jpg
324 KB, 640x599
>>37733646
this is the life we chose desu
>>
>>37733560
This. I work 6pm-6:30am 3-4 nights a week at a hospital. I fill my days off with per diem work at other hospitals because I'd rather make money than waste my time and money with people I only sort of like. I gym for a few hours before my shifts or watch Chinese cartoons on my rest days.
>>
I work 5 nights a week as a graveyard gas station attendant. Sleep from 12pm to 8pm, work from 10-6am, and lift shortly after. Get home, eat n' repeat.

On my days off, if I need to get anything done, I just make sure to do it as soon as stores open, that way I can get home and pass out asap.

It's shit, and you really have to force your body to do things it normally shouldn't have to. Just yesterday I had to run some errands and seeing the sunlight for a sustained 2 hours made me stay up til' 5pm.

0/10, I do not recommend graves.
>>
>>37733190
I used to work 12pm to 10pm. I used to hate night time because it was so lonely so having a job where i work late was good. I would go to bed about 3am.
>>
Try to get normal hours asap. Ive done night shifts for 2 years. It fucks up your health and your social life. It's not worth the extra money. Get out bro.
>>
>not reading
Lol
>>
I work three shifts and have no regular sleeping pattern and haven't felt well-rested in years. It's awful.

I have just started to get interested in fitness (haven't joined a gym yet but have already been working on my diet) but the impact the work hours must be having on my physical and mental well-being must be horrendous.

Stop it as soon as you can before it's too late.
>>
>>37733646
>>37733664
The only way out is to get lucky and work with some qts on overnights. Really makes the shift so much better since people are a lot more open and flirtatious at night. Still though the shit sucks on your days off if you can't hit up anyone.

t. Mcdicks overnight manager currently sleeping with one of said qts
>>
I don't work nights, but in your situation I would get out and tag the shit out of this city all night every night.

I hate having to fuck up my sleep schedule to get some good hours of roaming the city.
>>
File: muh bike.jpg (360 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
muh bike.jpg
360 KB, 2048x1536
>>37733190
I know the feel.

>4 shifts on, 4 shift off.

I try to catch up on sleep and enjoy myself. I bought road bike, a gun, a dog, and a 4x4 truck. So that helps to keep my busy.
>>
I work nights. Get up at 5 PM and sleep at around 9 AM. Usually go the the gym at 5:30 AM.

Get a good few hours of daylight and then I stay inside at night (Or go for walks) to read, write, hobbies and vidya. I'm never tired at bars, during tabletop or when hanging out late. Get a lot of quiet time to myself.

Winter really sucks but in spring, summer and fall it's pretty nice.
>>
>>37733190
I feel for you, I used to work overnight at a warehouse until two months ago.

There wasn't much I could do during the nights, very lonely and tiring.

The highlight of my nights were just hanging around the 24 hour super market.

Besides that I played video games, read books, and did some programming here and there.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.