[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyweight Fitness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: david.jpg (45 KB, 400x498) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
45 KB, 400x498
Hi /fit/, I have a few questions. First, looking at sculptures of ancient greeks, how did they get so ripped? I mean, they didnt have squat racks, barbells, or benches. Was it all bodyweight? If bodyweight can be that effective, it seems like a good alternative if I can't get to a gym.

Now, I have some questions about bodyweight fitness, as I really won't be able to get to a gym for a long while(travelling). If I keep eating like I am bulking, will bodyweight give me gains? Should I run to get extra fitness while doing bodyweight? Will running make my ass flabby? I know bodyweight can give you some joocy upperbody, but I am worried about lowerbody, as SS has given me some good looking quads and glutes.
>>
>>37730641
That guy has very little musculature (you can get that in 6 months lifting, easy).
He looks good because he is like 9% body fat

This is a good goal as you can't expect huge muscularity from calisthenics
>>
>>37730657
I know I wont get huge from calisthenics. I am just looking to be stronger than most, and better looking. The thing I am most concerned about is running. I plan to join the military and go for a bretty active mos, so I think I should run at least 4-6 miles a day, but I don't know if running like that is good for me. I know that marathons are bad and make people skellies, but if I eat enough and do calisthenics, will 4-6 miles a day be healthy cardio/leg workout instead of skelly creator?
>>
>>37730641
>>37730657
This guy gets it OP. After about 6 months - 1 year of bodyweight for your upper body and maintenance of any lower body gains on SS you should have something similar to David's body type after a cut.
>>
>>37730691
As long as you eat enough you should be alright
>>
>>37730740
gracias famalam. gonna start bodyweight/run/eat tomorrow it seems, then.
>>
>Be me
>Get good at calisthenics and lifting
>Move up to weighted CValisthenic
>Now when I travel I just workout outdoors and have cuties cling to my back

=^)
>>
>>37730996
Only downside is that I habe to use petite girls. No 150+ chicks or I may just go to snap city
>>
>>37730853
do you have a plan or are you going to freestyle the workouts?
>>
>>37731123
if you want to honest truth I am planning to use the bodyweight workout meme picture that I see posted here a lot. It has different progressions for different bodyparts.
>>
File: 1465437135235.jpg (3 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
1465437135235.jpg
3 MB, 2481x6600
>>37731314
Pic related famarino
>>
>>37731314
what exactly is your goal by working out?
>>
File: epic.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
epic.png
130 KB, 396x381
That's like seeing comic books and wondering, how could people look like that ?!
>>
>>37731361
but you really do look like frogger guy.
>>
>>37730641
Wrestling, running and various military themed resistance exercises (throwing javelin etc) from toddler to around 30.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.