[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a novice barbell only routine? (no rack/bench). I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 0qTbN.jpg (168 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
0qTbN.jpg
168 KB, 1224x1632
Is there a novice barbell only routine? (no rack/bench). I'm looking for specifics.
>>
>>37730237

who dis bitch is
>>
>>37730237

I want to lick her sweaty body after her workout
>>
File: neckbeardfaggot.jpg (13 KB, 230x330) Image search: [Google]
neckbeardfaggot.jpg
13 KB, 230x330
>>37730237
Not really that I know of.

But there's no reason you wouldn't be able to get big and strong using only a barbell and some weight, no racks required.

Obviously backsquatting is out of the question which is too bad because the back squat is basically the #1 excercise for overall muscle building and strength.
But the front squat is still a great tool. Unfortunately you're going to have to clean the bar first to be able to do it.
But you should probably be able to do cleans at whatever weight you can front squat for sets of 10 or something.

The most important thing you're going to have to learn in only having a barbell is without a doubt going to be the POWER CLEAN. I put it in caps so you can go look it up and figure out how to do it, or maybe even have a bigger guy than you show you how.

Every excercise you do is going to have to start from the floor because you don't have a rack, so you're going to have to learn the clean to get the barbell in the rack position (standing upright and holding it at your shoulders).

I'm gonna write out a whole scheme for you and it's going to be dependant on you learning these excercises; Power clean, front squat, overhead press, deadlift, stiff leg deadlift, pendlay row.

Training 3xs a week full body is GOAT and probably your only real option here anyways witht the stuff you have available to you.

Monday
Front squat 3x8-10
Overhead press 5x5
Power clean 5x2
Deadlift 1x5

Wednesday
Front squat 2x5 (recovery, use lighter weight)
Behind the neck press 3x8-10 (use lighter weight than overhead press)
Pendlay row 3x5
Power clean 3x2 (you can use lighter weight if you want)

Friday
Front squat 3x8-10
Overhead press 3x5 (try to go heavier than Monday while maintaining good form)
Power clean 5x2 (at least same weight as monday, or increase if you're comfortable)
Pendlay rows 3x8-10
or Pullups 3 sets of as many as possible

Cont...
>>
>>37730256

Glad I'm not the only one
>>
File: Steve-Reeves-32.jpg (183 KB, 873x1100) Image search: [Google]
Steve-Reeves-32.jpg
183 KB, 873x1100
>>37730505
SO Monday is your volume day, use the same weight for all of your working sets

Wednesday is more of a recovery day, kinda take it easy, do a lot of pullups that day if you feel like it

Friday is your intensity day as far as the overhead pressing, you want to use a heavier weight than Monday. But as far as the front squat you want to keep it about the same or more if you can handle it.

Obviously it would be better if you had a squat rack and then you'd get to bench and stuff but whatever. On all these days you could do a bunch of pullups and pushups for volume, but if you do this thing and eat a lot you will get big and strong.
>>
>>37730532
Thank you.
>>
File: 1338149616224.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1338149616224.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>37730505
Thanks brah
>>
>>37730237
Home gym here.

I just replaced squat with hip thrust and bench with floor press.

Got fantastic gains.

Just glute bridge the weight onto your arms for floor press.

I would ignore the other faggots mediocre advice (despite the fancy Steve reeves pics) and stick to a proven routine like SS or greyskull or reg parks

Greyskull is fantastic (no plug ins or accessories except side Lat raise on ohp day, and power clean on deadlift day - don't deadlift and ohp same day). SL is meh. His routine is worse than SL

You will 10000% get bigger and stronger quads hip thrusting 3pl8 that front squatting your lmao1pl8 power clean.

Put your feet further away from your body to target quads, perpendicular to target glutes, closer in for calves and hamstrings. I promise you no matter how strong your glutes, your quads will die out first with proper foot placement
>>
>>37730532
>alternating between volume and intensity as a novice
Please stop giving advice
>>
>>37730744
Just a follow up, targeting the legs with hip thrust focuses more on the vastus medialis and the vastus intermedius, and less on the vastus lateralus, leading to a more angular, flat quad shape, instead of a sweeping curvy quad which is more feminine.

I cannot stress enough how floor press is an amazing replacement for bench or how awesome hip thrusts are for both posterior strength and aesthetics (glutes cannot get too big as a natty)
>>
>>37730532
>>37730505
this nigger is correct. good posts
>>
>>37730744
https://www.t-nation.com/training/master-the-floor-press
Also since the floor press engages more of the clavicular head of the pectoralis, you don't really need incline bench
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm70ekicxSs
Even though you can usually move about the same as you bench, depending on form.
>>
>>37730817
Same fag

Pls go read practical programming and stop giving advice
>>
>>37730744
Is that true that you should not OHP and deadlift on the same day?
>>
>>37730857
ONLY because the accessories (side lat raise on ohp day - power clean on deadlift day)
That way you dont have both accessories on the same day.

If you arent accessorizing thusly, you can dl and press in the same training session.

I do all the time and that was my post
>>
Floor press, pendlay row, deadlifts, power clean, ohp, glute bridge, barbell curls, upright rows. There are a ton of exercises you can do. Go straight into oly lifting
>>
>>37730237
3xF join a gym with a rack
>>
>>37730881
Hey man, i live 80 miles from town, and it was $250 for a bar and 385lb weight. So i can relate to OP

Plus i lift more than you...
>>
>>37730505
>behind the neck press
Dont fall for this meme.
I actually impinged my shit from BTN pressing.

Stick to ohp and proper form side lateral raise.
No internal rotation, or that will impinge you too.

I used to not give a fuck, but shoulder health is important, brahs.

Plus this programming is sub par as fuck
>>
>>37730798
>>37730744
Op here, im going with this routine. Cheers.
>>
This was how I started lifting. I used the Steinborn squat for a while, but switched to front squats when it got too heavy.

Look up All Around Weightlifting for more ideas.
>>
>>37731808
You should be able to steinborn much more than you can front squat.

Either way between hip thrust and deadlift, i dont think his legs will be lagging. But 99.9% of /fit/ will shit on him for not doing squats and oats.
>>
>>37731788
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-lp/
Cheers.
>>
Why no bench or rack? Is it a space issue? Just buy a decent folding bench and squat rack. If youre serious about lifting youll break out into better equipment in time. If its price, visit thrift shops for an old sturdy bench or something if youre strapped for cash. If you cant afford a simple squat rack (dont buy the stands, just dont) then try getting a pair of wooden boxes or some old furniture that youre comfortable resting a barbell on and that makes level.
>>
>>37731920
What is wrong with squat stands?
>>
>>37731760
Same here, I fucked my left shoulder up for weeks when I did behind the neck OHP. I couldn't do any db bench or incline db bench at all with my left arm. Stopped when I stopped behind the neck OHP.

Do real, normal OHP.
>>
File: klokov_squat.webm (2 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
klokov_squat.webm
2 MB, 1000x562
>>37731920
>Is it a space issue? Just buy a decent folding bench and squat rack.
squat rack takes up more space than just stands
>>
>>37731965
I was lucky, i caught it really early, so ionly had to stop side lat raise for a while.
Didnt even quit ohp, just upped the rep range from 3-5 to 6-8.
Didnt affect my floor press at all (GOAT for shoulder health)
>>
>>37730256
>her
>>
>>37730505
>can behind the neck press
>cant back squat

wew lad

otherwise good though...
>>
>>37732134
>good
Mediocre*

Not a shit tier 50 sets per muscle group, everything 4x8 brosplit.

But that doesnt mean it is good.

That just means it isnt absolute shit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.