[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ How did ancient civilizations make their gains if they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 639x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 639x900
/fit/
How did ancient civilizations make their gains if they didn't have Gyms nor good diets?
>>
They probably weren't very big desu lad, that being said they will have been strong and had stamina
>>
>>37728971
They portrayed themselves as physically fit because it looks better...
They were all fat fucks sitting around talkin about how bad they wanted to live in the future.
>>
>>37728971
Ancient methods obviously
Those methods were burned up with the fall of the Roman Empire.
>>
File: 1423680663116.jpg (19 KB, 345x194) Image search: [Google]
1423680663116.jpg
19 KB, 345x194
>nor good diets
>everyone throughout the entire length of human history was starving
>>
>Hunted for food
>Built their houses
>ZMade their clothes
>Had to carry stuff all over
>Had to kill shitskins from raping their blondes
>>
Greeks had a big gymnasium culture

Romans thought it was effeminate though
>>
>>37728971
They ate a lot of food and picked up heavy things every day. I suspect that they may have been chestlets though.
>>
>>37728971
They picked up heavy things and put them back down again.

Truly amazing
>>
>>37728971
But greece did have gyms. Gymnasium is literally derived from greek. They fucking invented gyms.
>>
ayy
>>
>>37728971
Life finds a way
>>
They had a cleaner and more natular diet than modern day humans
>>
>>37729395
/this
>>
>>37728971
>Not having good diets
Germanics had the Baltic Sea and Atlantic Ocean to the north and/or west.
They had mountain ranges full of hearty animals, they lived in a temperament region that grew plenty of vegetables and fruits.
Their entire lives were dedicated to fighting, regional development, or sailing.
They weren't even that tall and when they came across native tribes of the Americas they were feared because of how fucking big they were muscle wise.
>>
>>37728971
Before lifting heavy shit up and putting it down became a hobby, it was a necessary activity to get chores done.

Basically, shitloads of manual labour.
>>
>>37728971
they weren't pumped full of estro so they had naturally high test

they swung maces and shit at their enemies for them functional gains
>>
>>37728971
They did have gyms and great diets.
>>
>>37729395
>>37730027
>"clean"
>"natural"
>>>/x/ is that way

>>37728971
they weren't actually very muscular. greek statues, etc. are artistic exaggerations
>>
>>37730081
>gains
>fruits and vegetables
holy shit what the fuck has happened to /fit/, did the calisthenics thread spring a leak or something?
>>
>>37730143
>not bulking on potatoes
>not drinking graf and wine made from fruits and vegetables
It's almost like you want to have zero gains.
They had probably one of the heartiest diets known to man, Germanic feast are legendary.
Why do you think the Norse mythic of Valhalla has them eating all god damn night and than fighting.
>>
>>37730130
>they weren't actually very muscular. greek statues, etc. are artistic exaggerations

Yeah, this. You're basing your opinion of ancient people on pictures, sculptures, and stories created by those same ancient people.

Does nobody else ever look at Olympic athletes from the 40s or old bareknuckle boxers and think that the average college athlete now would be revered as a god back then? Roll that shit back a couple thousand years and imagine how shitty people looked.

I mean, fuck, Helen of Troy didn't wear a bra or shave her legs. She was probably a 6 if we're being generous by 21st century standards.

Humanity just keeps improving, lads.
>>
>>37728971
Socrates advocated gymnastics and, i think, wrestling. I mean you can't get gigantic by doing push-ups and dips but you can get a decent physique
>>
>>37728971

They were either skinnyfat, cut but skinny, or buff but fat. The muscular AND cut Greek statue physique is a meme. They were just portraying their fetishes like the cucks they were.

I presume most were skinny, though.
>>
Those of you who think that people get HEWDG on manual work alone are fucking retarded. You need progressive overload to grow BIG muscles, thus these ancient people would need to lift some kind of weights and find a way to lift even bigger weights over time.
Like>>37730218
said, even motherfucking professional athletes from the 40s would look DYEL by todays' standards, let alone manlets from thousands of years ago.
Bunch of dumb 18 year old idiots on /fit/.
>>
>>37728971
Cow-based progressive overload.

#calves4calves
>>
How were gyms in acient Greece?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.