[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is liquor healthier than beer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1465492509303.jpg (46 KB, 680x340) Image search: [Google]
1465492509303.jpg
46 KB, 680x340
Is liquor healthier than beer?
>>
depends on definition of healthy. Its less calories if thats what your wondering.
>>
>>37727779
If you're going to get drunk, yes it really is.
>>
>>37727779

It's lower in empty calories. So, "less unhealthy" might be a more accurate term.
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>37727779
anyone here /straightedge/

mfw im even a virgin straight edge fag
>>
>>37727779
Just on a calorie basis I'd say yes.

345 cals in five shots of tequila

154 calories per beer.

Your call anon
>>
>>37727779
You know what they say anon-
Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Beer before liquor, you're also probably in the clear unless you're dehydrated or a little bitch.
>>
>>37728345
>lower in empty calories
>it's actually higher in alcohol
>alcohol is the most caloric dense and emptiest macro you can have

Btw, no, OP, beer is the healthiest alcoholic beverage you can have, followed by red wine, then every other type of wine (e.g. white, pink, foamy). Basically any other drink has no redeeming value when it comes to health.
>>
>>37728360

What's your reasoning, friendo?
>>
There was a website called getdrunknotfat but it's down atm. I'm sure you could google a chart that shows you alcohol vs calories
>>
>>37729483
i try and find an adrenaline by myself cause i got no friends but it makes me happy because im outside doing fun things and look good infront of other people (im a little narcissistic)
>>
>>37727779
Hops contains pseudo-estrogenic compounds.

Beer will make you gay.
>>
>>37727779
Michelob Ultra
>>
>>37729472
yeah but you won't drink a pint of whisky

for the same amount of alcohol, liquor has less empty calories than beer
>>
>>37729544
>empty calories

You're going to have to justify that term if you want to be taken seriously. What do you mean by empty calories?
>>
>>37729593
Not him but calories with no nutritional benefits that also arent filling is the generally accepted definition.
pic related
>>
>>37729593
>>37729635
>>37729544
They mean if you drink to get drunk, drink liquor instead of beer. Beer might have some actual nutrition to it, but it is way higher in calories to get the same level of intoxication.
>>
I wouldn't call it healthier but it is more efficient which is relevant if you're cutting. In my own anecdotal experience, beer leaves me feeling much better the next day. Liquor hits me like a freight train.
>>
File: calories_in_alcohol.jpg (1 MB, 1500x4462) Image search: [Google]
calories_in_alcohol.jpg
1 MB, 1500x4462
Here op
>>
>>37729749
What if I just like the taste?
>>
High alcohol content kombucha > Red wines and liquor > beer

typically

but a good craft beer is better than shitty wine/hard liquor
>>
>>37728360

I don't drink either but I'm not enough of a piece of shit to call myself straight edge like I'm proud of it or something

Alcohol just takes fucking terrible (plus it's a gains goblin)
>>
>>37727779
Vodka is arguably the best because its filtered and basically only contains ethanol and water, while other liquors don't filter as much out or not at all to keep the other substances that give the liquor its flavor.

Vodka can be filtered much more because it's supposed to be tasteless (kinda). Gin would be a close second because of its filtration.
>>
>>37731401
I like the taste of cake you fucking donut
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.