[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What causes people to be like pic related? Could sports and lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 18
File: 1466715357327.jpg (128 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1466715357327.jpg
128 KB, 960x960
What causes people to be like pic related? Could sports and lifting have saved people like this?
>>
>>37726744
probably low testosterone and somewhere on the autism spectrum.
>>
File: 1462038605237.png (37 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1462038605237.png
37 KB, 240x240
>>37726744
mental illness, probably induced by their families

When i was a kid (from 6 to 15) i was a major edgelord but i grew out of it, and yeah, cutting and lifting cured me
>>
File: 1459140855025.jpg (197 KB, 800x1004) Image search: [Google]
1459140855025.jpg
197 KB, 800x1004
>>37726744
One thing that really bothers me about supreme gentlemen types is the obsession with old hats.
If you want to channel the image of the culture of the past by wearing a hat go for it, but remember that in polite company you're supposed to remove your hat indoors.
>>
Bad parenting
Either abusive or spoiling, or both at the same time
>>
>>37726744

Can someone explain to me why people that play video games are always nerdy and out of shape? I swear it's the same archetype every time when I start talking to people about their hobbies, what they do outside of work etc.

It's gotten to the point when I'm at work, that I can literally pinpoint who plays games ("seriously") and who doesn't. I simply mention in passing "oh yeah I've been playing Overwatc-" "OH MAN WHO DO YOU MAIN!?".
>>
>>37726744
I imagine it's like they say something fedora-esque as children, nobody slaps their shit, so then it snowballs out of control
>>
>>37726744
I hope they do it ironically because it is just cringey if he is serious.
>>
>>37726765
this
>>
>>37726953
Because video games are exactly the opposite of physical fitness.
You are sitting for long periods of time, generally under high stress in a competitive game, stress makes you want to slouch.
It's nearly impossible to be really big into video games and physically fit unless you're a soldier or college bro.
I remember working out for 4 hours and than playing vidya for the entire night.
As an adult though, this becomes harder and harder.
Work takes a majority of your time, your free time than is spent either... working out OR playing vidya.
Add in possibility of girlfriend or some autistic hobby, less likely the person will work out.

I work out before my job starts, I instantly go and do any chores after work. When I get home, the rest of the night is free time. I can do whatever I want.
>>
>>37727020
>It's nearly impossible to be really big into video games and physically fit unless you're a soldier or college bro.
i play about 2 hours of vidya everyday yet i still find time for lifting and cardio.

vidya also i stress relieving
>>
>>37726744
absence of a strong father figure
>>
File: Really.jpg (12 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
12 KB, 245x245
>>37727020

I feel that, and you're too right mane. It's funny, because an 8 hour day at work is definitely more than just that. There's commuting, cleaning, making food, and a bunch of little shit in between that extends that day to where (as you said) you have two options; gains or vidya.

I do find though that lifting goes hand-in-hand with the "real world" so much so than video games though. Like, you're getting shit done when you lift, and you prepare you life in a way (sleep properly, eat properly) that makes every day hopefully easier than the last.

Games on the other hand, fuck man, it's so easy to have 4 hours disappear in front of your eyes and absolutely nothing has been accomplished. As a matter of fact, for me at least, I find games can greatly dig into my sleep cycle.

Lifting, imo, is the go-to hobby for a 40 hour 9/5.
>>
>>37726953
I play ps4 call of duty and max prestige in every game. It's a fun social tool. Great bonding with my friends and brother who lives in another city. Summers in highschool I would play Runescape all day and lift all night getting 10 hours of sleep a night. I was fit + qt gf + many friends + on sports teams. Nobody ever knew about Runescape. Some knew about call of duty.

Never talked about vidya in real life though besides some really close friends who are equally embarrassed about people finding out.

tldr : Only nerds let people know they play vidya. Some chads low-key play pokemon and other nerdy shit and keep it a secret
>>
They were not bullied enough for acting or being that way and they probably did not have a couple of "cool" friends to influence them
>>
>>37726744
>No strong fatherly figure -if at all ie. being raised by women.

>Certain degree of autism

Pretty much
>>
File: image.png (356 KB, 541x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
356 KB, 541x480
I used to be like this. A "supreme gentleman". I never wore the stupid hats, but I had the stereotypical personality and lifestyle of a sir. This phase was during college.

What made this worse was the formation of an unwarranted superiority complex, in which Ibasically isolated myself. I'm not sure where this came from, but it felt good being "superior". With isolation came loneliness, including those feels of no gf, which led to bitterness. It is that bitterness which led me to the MGTOW, MRA, and the Red Pill ideologies. So, I was not only a "gentleman", I was a redpilled gentleman.

This only made me worse.

Unsurprisingly very few people liked me. Of those who actually liked me, they were just as toxic as I was.

tldr: I used to be a giant faggot

In regards to OP's question: I don't know, but I was certainly like pic related. I would take a chance and say that having a healthy body contributed to the development of a healthy mind. I certainly didn't have either back in college.
>>
I was in sports teams as a kid, but being naturally skinny and weak and with asthma, I was always last at everything, and always picked on, so that led me to further isolate myself and hate sports with a passion, until I discovered lifting at about 15
The only reason I wasbt full fedora is I wanted pussy, so I started imitating Chad behaviour the only way I knew how
>>
>>37727433

I'd say that fitness goes hand in hand with a healthy, normal mind because fitness 1) makes you look normal and 2) puts you out in the open. Looking normal gets you treated more like a normal person (as opposed to the edgelords whom nobody normal would feel like associating with), which in turn helps pushing you to act normal, feel normal, think normal - as does spending time in the public room of a gym or wherever you choose to exercise that isn't a place of isolation.
>>
>>37727062
2 hours isn't much. Most gamers will spend about 4 hours at least in one session.
>>
>>37727966
Absolutely degenerate.
>>
File: tumblr_mtbixvhQaK1r66dpno1_1280.jpg (719 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtbixvhQaK1r66dpno1_1280.jpg
719 KB, 1024x769
>>37726744
I used to be a faggot too. Was into anime and everything from Japan. Eventually found out about "Visual Kei" and got into the local scene. Started coloring my fingernails black, wearing t-shirts with pic related on it and going to visual kei concerts (filled with 90% females). I thought, Jesus Christ.. thats a niche! So many girls and no male competitors. Then realized, that most of them have borderline syndrom, are crazy and usually just friendzone me.. well because I was a faggot wearing nail polish and fedoras. Now, 10 years later, I'm not a beta anymore and have my own business. I just fucking hope, that I won't ever be confronted with anyone I knew in that time. So fucking embarassing. Even my family is laughing sometimes about my past.
>>
I ironically wear a fedora to the gym.
>>
>>37726744
low test high estrogen

specifically caused by d3 deficiency

go outside or take supplements
>>
File: 1458235045490.jpg (125 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
1458235045490.jpg
125 KB, 609x607
>>37726953
say that to my face fucking loser im diamond in league i watch anime and squat 3.5pl8 ufkgmad?
>>
File: image.jpg (989 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
989 KB, 2448x3264
>>37726744

This bothers me, how close these guys are to getting it but fuck up.

Suits are the last thing that makes the man, but an essential part of it

First tho, you need these things
>get in shape
>confidence
>people skills

Then u get a suit. And it needs to FIT. Like, at the very least get measured by a tailor so you know ure not overestimating your size, but preferably get it tailored. Nothing makes ppl think you're trash like wearing a poorly fitted suit.

If these guys could see the forest before the trees they could make it
>>
>>37726744
Shit parents who indulge their faggotry.

When I went through my edgy phase my mum told me I was an idiot and if I wanted to wear ridiculous clothes I'd pay for them.
>>
>>37727020
You know you can do both, right? I was training 11 times a week and playing vidya in school.
>>
>>37729276
>wearing a suit in a non-formal setting
bruh

unless you're doing business, meeting with minor nobility of europe, or at a formal social arrangement/high grade restaurant wearing a suit either makes you look autistic or like a grade a shiteater
>>
>>37727433

Aspects of being chivalrous are good, but these guys that are represented in the pic made the mistake of not being attractive and the first problem is they didn't tailor their suit
>>
>>37726744
>I'm not smart
>I'm not fit
>I'm not strong
>I'm not good looking
>I'm not rich
>but I will treat you like a real lady

>tip
>>
>>37729307

Wearing a good fitted suit at a nice bar and on dates is important. Also strip clubs make the strippers love you. Then again I'm in my late 20s. Anyone 16-21 wearing a suit looks like a goober
>>
>>37726744
>Could sports and lifting have saved people like this?

No, because muscles on a socially inept autist are basically just a bunch of organic body-fedoras.

These people use superficial things like hats and base their identity on those things to in lieu of having an actual personality or any self-esteem. Just because your fedoras are underneath your skin doesn't make you any better.
>>
>>37729333
>oh by the way I'm not kind, charming, funny, thoughtful, brave, or helpful
>pls gib sex m'lady
>dips fedora fug
>>
>>37726953
I play League, WoW, etc and just pulled 6PL8 DL last week. That said, what you say is typically true also.
>>
>>37729349
You're wrong bro

Lifting and diet influences test levels, low test turns you into a cuck.

If we had mandatory test screening and gave supps to anyone below 1,000 ng/dL you would see the end of cuckolds.
>>
File: image.jpg (314 KB, 914x1368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314 KB, 914x1368
>>37729333
>>37729352

I know a kid that is basically a mega fedora Lord. Huge Christian belief set, and holds medieval chivalry to an alarming degree

>but he's goodlooking

Literally every girl in my school wants to ride his dick and have his baby and the fact he's saving his virginity for marriage to preserve his holy aoe damage makes him twice as attractive to them
>>
>>37729375
He obviously has more social skills and talks to people more than you.
>>
>>37729375
>holy aoe damage

actually laughed out loud
>>
>>37729375
College or high school?
>>
>>37726744
wrong question.
Could fedoras and real gentlemen save people from lifting?
>>
>>37726765
so we could say that you... changed your way of cutting?
>>
File: 1463778091079.png (11 KB, 216x198) Image search: [Google]
1463778091079.png
11 KB, 216x198
>>37726744
I use to think the whole fedora thing was a joke until I started college. I saw a few people who wore them and one of them was a meme spewer whenever he had the chance.
>>
>>37726744
What ever do you mean my good sir? This delightful young gentleman looks full of class. He seems as a top notch young man, my good sir.
>>
>>37726744
doing weighted dips
>>
>>37729250
You forgot
>IM FAT
>>
File: image.png (10 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 211x246
>>37729497
Yeah, I thought fedora lords were an Internet meme too until I got to Uni and started seeing them.

I still remember I was eating in the student centre and browsing /fit/ and two of them saw and came over to talk to me about how great the /b/ and the chan was.
>>
File: 1466787219075.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466787219075.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>37726744
>mfw I used to be fedora-tipping le gentleman

I had unrealistic expectations about relationships. I thought that true relationships were like Disney fairy tales, had oneitis multiple times, etc. and that guys who got laid a lot were either lying or manipulative assholes/Chads. I had stupidly high standards despite being extremely average in terms of appearance and a delusional sense of self-importance despite having nothing to really show for it. I'm currently in graduate school, working towards a PhD in a STEM field. Years ago I thought being a STEM major/PhD candidate made me le cultured intelligent individual who would be rolling in supermodel puss.

Nope. I've learned the hard way that personality really does trump most everything. You can be a jacked Adonis, but if you have an autistic personality you can expect to remain alone forever. Being in shape DEFINITELY helps, but if you don't have a fun, interesting personality to back it up then you're not going to have much success with women at all.
>>
>>37726744
Either too many weighted dips, using clips on warmup sets, subscribing to alan thrall or some mixture of those.
>>
>>37726953
I feel like it's the same with anime, unfortunately. Like almost all of the people that watch it are nasty as shit, do nothing to hide their power level and then try to make a connection with you if you ever bring it up.

Like. Fuck.
>>
>>37729208
>got into visual kei
Jesus, that is about as uncommon as a western woman becoming a ganguro.
>>
>>37729650

Do you live in the PNW?
>>
File: laugh.jpg (272 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
272 KB, 1300x957
>>37729536
i was never fat and will never be, im a fucking beast at everything i do. some people are just better than others you know

but yeah im fat if it makes u feel better. gold scrub HAHAHA
>>
>>37729250
Only diamond lullaby
I've been challenger n a massive wee about
Plus I'm nearing Chad mode
Already have FACE just need FRAME
>>
>>37730231
You forgot HEIGHT... or are you a bronzie in that department?
>>
>>37727020

>Work takes a majority of your time

You need a new job
>>
>>37730420

How's college?
>>
>>37730431

Was fun 7 years ago
>>
>>37726744
>be rejected your entire life
>no one shows you an ounce of attention
>people answer with one word responses
>see someone wearing a fedora, try it on
>at a mall some girl asks where you got the hat while giggling
>she could be just bored or making fun of you
>you are elated at having a m'lady respond to you
>you add more quirky items to your outfits chasing after any sliver of attention

Thats about it.

Its the reward loop being misfired.
>>
>>37727129
>tldr : Only nerds let people know they play vidya. Some chads low-key play pokemon and other nerdy shit and keep it a secret
This. There's nothing wrong about having vidya as a hobby but for the love of God, don't tell anyone about it unless you want to be branded a nerd
>>
>>37729721
>using clips on warmup sets
Kek I use them on squats
>>
>>37729493
Ba Dum Ts
>>
>>37730456
Fuck, I was like this in middle school. Thank FUCK I got friends in high school and didn't end up in my 20s like some euphoric loser.
>>
>>37730420
I remember when I didn't have a full time job too, anon. Enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>37729375
>his holy aoe damage

Fucking kek
>>
>>37730420
Wait till you get in the real world.
>>
>>37729347
nice b8
>>
>>37726744
>What causes people to be like pic related?

4chan
>>
>>37730799
/thread
>>
>>37726953
People who resort to living their lives inside the fantasies of a video games are usually the ones that feel disconnected and rejected from society and its norms. Objectively if you look at it most gamers prefer the fantasy world because within the realms of 3D worlds they can portray the person they never could have been.

I'm 29 this year have played games all my life and was a 330lb fat neckbeard who'd eat like a ham and play games all day. 5 years of lifting has really changed me as a person but to this day being ripped having friends girls sex etc still cannot replace the rush I receive from when I'm planting mines as Snake in MGS to blow the fuck up outta soviet APC's
>>
File: 1467143731619-1.jpg (27 KB, 138x181) Image search: [Google]
1467143731619-1.jpg
27 KB, 138x181
>>37726878
A man in uniform always gets pussy
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>37732069
>>
File: 1326831551941.jpg (114 KB, 919x719) Image search: [Google]
1326831551941.jpg
114 KB, 919x719
I used to use a fedora and dress kind of 'classy' when I was like 15 years old.
My reason, I saw a guy wearing a fedora and thought it was the coolest shit ever. No self awareness.
Was never the m'lady faggot, never had problems with womyn
>>
File: top ebin.png (54 KB, 507x464) Image search: [Google]
top ebin.png
54 KB, 507x464
>>37729347
>Also strip clubs make the strippers love you
Now what aspect of a suit could a stripper possibly find attractive?
>>
Honestly, I really want to buy a fedora and trench coat now, more than ever. Like, I don't have any edgy beliefs or trouble with my life style, yet I really want one in particular because it has such negative connotations on 4chan (and thanks to reddit, also real life). For some reason, I get a naughty thrill just thinking about it
>>
>>37726953
It gives them a cheap and easy sense of fulfillment, cheap easy fun is addictive. It doesn't require physical effort so they overdo it on the sitting and usually end up going cheap and easy on the crap they eat while playing.
>>
Not being bullied enough/being bullied and parents teaching them to "ignore them"
>>
>>37726744
>those womanly fingers
>that ill-fitted everything
>that cookie dough face

what a sad excuse for a man.
>>
>>37729333
Basically this. Also,

>I have a shit personality but I will treat you like some sort of royal highness instead of as a human being except not really due to my offputting egocentric nature.
>>
Children are taught ignorance. Women teach children, especially men, to be weak.
>>
>>37729208
me on the left
>>
Trying to be a gentleman before being a man
>>
>>37732069
Kek!
>>
If you mean both the fashion and personality, yeah its pretty much due to not being well educated, as well as an entitlement to every single thing on the globe thanks to a lack of true parental care/love, also no self-awareness of how you look.

Generally these dweebs misunderstand the concept 'to be yourself'. The sentence goes over their head and they mix up honesty with compensating for a mediocre personality. And it doesn't help that mommy only championed them when they did something naive or dumb instead of punishing them. Their minds being possesed by materialism is what drives them to chase women and force them into a sexual drive fantasy. All of their attempts fail however as most of them have little to none things to bring on the table when in time for a serious relationship.

Fortunately for most people this just happens to be a phase. Albeit a pathetic one.
>>
>>37729208
I had to look up visual kei. It looks to me like some sort of gothey, emo sceney 80's hair metal music scene.
>>
>>37732512

so much this.... happens a lot to boys of single moms
>>
>>37726744
beta fathers = beta sons

Beta fathers can have sons that are very alpha though. They just have to be aware of what betaness is and teach themselves
>>
>>37726953
It's an achievement simulator. Don't get the girl, get the promotion, or try to change your life, you can unlock achievements within 20 minutes.

It's also an escape tool.

I made a thread on /v/ asking why anyone in their 20s would still care about video games seriously.

The average response was escapism, and how nothing matters in life and video games are fun, so why should I care (aka escapism).
>>
>>37729721
Kek, this

You forgot whining about fake natties and the high expectancies that people have toward a natty lifter.

(by the way, I did whine about that)
>>
>>37726765
this pretty much

I feel kinda bad whenever I see edgelords like that because it reminds me of a person I was close to becoming. We grew up poor so my dad worked alot, and was usually in bad moods due to stress at home. I honestly think it's what played a major role in me being sorta "edgy" until college. Luckily old age calmed his temper and now we get along great so I guess it's never too late. A solid male role model is the answer in my experience.
>>
>>37727433
And how did you beat it, besides lifting?
>>
>>37735250
I gained self awareness. I grew up.
>>
>>37726953
Follow up to this anon, how come a lot of pro gamers aren't too out of shape? Seeing as though they spend all of their time in team practice sessions, how do they find the time to stay somewhat fit?
>>
>>37735601
Because that's their "job", so they don't have to juggle a job, the game, fitness, social life, etc.

>>37735518
Do you completly disagree with the red pill? Some aspects make a lot of sense.
>>
File: 2saian7.jpg (103 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
2saian7.jpg
103 KB, 500x666
>>
>>37735847
>cargo shorts
every fucking time
>>
>>37726744
>What causes people to be like pic related?
the crackdown on bullying in schools
>>
>>37735737
>Some aspects make a lot of sense.
Yes, there are some points that should be taken seriously: not pedestalizing women, realizing that stereotypes are based on half-truth, the importance of constant self improvement, etc. These are lessons that can take anybody far in life.

But then again, any ideology, regardless of how controversial it is, has a few good aspects.

I was talking about my departure from the Red Pill culture in my earlier post. It's toxic, it's misleading a lot of young men, it's shit.
>>
>>37735847
All they need is a vape
>>
>>37729208
That's ok, at least all the women in your pic are cute.
>>
>>37733079
I see it as a visualization of the epics of our time. With the Iliad we are given one ending, Odysseus biding his time as the old man to gauge the weight of his actions is always and forever the way the odyssey was. With videogames the manifestation of our own perception of the hero drives the story to different endings or different circumstances that align with our idea of a protagonist. At least that is my view of open ended games. It's escapist but so too then were all of our nonpragmatic vices. The human condition is one of practical analysis of the human condition and the pursuit of an escape for when we exhaust our search for meaning. It's a duality that videogames allow us to achieve as we always have, albeit with different mediums of escape, utilized when we've seeked a break from enlightenment.
>>
>>37729347
lol
>>
>>37729568
>browsing mongolian tapestry forum
>in public
>>
>>37726953
I would guess some of them get all of their sense of satisfaction from gaming.

I've been playing games since I was a kid and I've been working out for around 7 years. I enjoy both of them quite a bit. The strongest guy I personally know is also a gamer, maybe it's just the enjoyment of improving at something.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.