[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: diet stuff.png (18 KB, 589x675) Image search: [Google]
diet stuff.png
18 KB, 589x675
The other one is about to die

I have question about the diet im constructing

I'm trying to clean bulk but i'm coming 300 calories short of my goal while hitting most of my macros although my carbs a bit high.

How do i add more calories while keeping most of my macro ratios the same?
>>
Looks like lots of unnecessary shit, but if you can afford it good for you
>>
>>37723932
I'm trying to stay away from creatine and other supplements

i could probably save money if i did protein shakes
>>
Anybody have any good, recommended core exercises to do alongside cable crunches? Im about to head to the gym and would like a little bit more variety in my ab/core work
>>
I haven't taken creatine in a week. Should I just go back to 5g a day or restart a cycle?
>>
I like to drink pickle juice. I'm currently cutting & I drink pickle juice time to time, is this bad for me? I know it has lots of sodium and shit, but aren't actual pickles like super low calories? How man calories are in pickle juice?

>I fucking love pickle juice
>>
File: help.png (5 KB, 441x314) Image search: [Google]
help.png
5 KB, 441x314
Been reading SS to fix my squat form, and I'm 90% there except for the positioning of the bar.

My first issue is that I'm not sure if you're supposed to be positioned like the left or the right at the top of the squat, and there isn't really a detailed profile of the top of the squat in the book. Rippetoe says that you're not really supposed to be holding the bar up with your arms, and that instead you're supposed to trap it between your arms and chest by raising your elbows. But I can't seem to achieve that effect unless I position myself like stick guy on the right, and that seems to shift my whole squat too forward on my toes. How do I fix this?

My other issue is positioning my arms themselves. When I pull my shoulders back and rest the bar on that little shelf under the shoulder blades, it exhausts the shit out of my arms; they get tired before my legs do. It also pinches a nerve in my left arm that has been causing my pinky and ring finger to periodically go numb. Is this normal for people attempting to get their arms into this position for the first time?
>>
I have a barbell with 300lbs. No other equipment besides a pull up bar. As a complete beginner, what should I do?
>>
>>37724263
SS
do front squats instead of squats and power clean to get into position
replace bench with push press
you can later add push-ups to ohp day to get some more direct pec work or find a place to do dips

>>37724015
stick your butt back more to keep the bar over mid-foot whilst keeping a slight forward lean.

>rest the bar on that little shelf under the shoulder blades
well it definitely shouldnt be under your shoulderblades.

you might just be coiling your arms in too much by having too narrow of a grip - your arms should definitely not feel 'exhausted' as it's not bearing any weight. widen the grip and see how that feels

>>37724014
idk isn't it just water and vinegar or something? it should be fine, unless your drinking gallons of it

>>37723999
you don't need to load and cycle creatine. just take your 5g a day

>>37723965
ab rollouts or rkc planks are good to train static ab strength
>>
Beginner here. I seem to be losing mass and strength instead of gaining it lately. Went from 40kg bench (plus bar) to 30kg (working in from just the bar to work weight, then doing 3x8).
My heart also tends to race like crazy during workouts.
Am I just not eating enough or could it be something else? Eat at least 300g meat almost every day plus Protein from Eggs, Milk and a Scoop of Casein Protein daily.
>>
Is it best to start bulking once you're down to a reasonable size? In skinnyfat atm and I want to know the fastest way out.
>>
Okay so ive been lifting on and off for a little while (6months) with a couple 1 month breaks. I'm wondering if I should start a routine like SL or if I'm past intermediate. The only problem is my back squat sucks because I find it hard to not lean forward due to being 6'3 with long femurs. Could I just do Front squats instead. My current stats are

5rm
150 Bench
155 Squat
135 Row
95 OHP
265 Deadlift

My squat always hits a wall when I reach 155 (Low bar) and high bar I lean too much and hit the same wall at 135 I eat enough because my other lifts increase I just have no clue what to do anymore.
>>
New to lifting, (1 month) doing PPL 6 days a week, Should I try to add 5 lbs to lifts every week or every other week?
>>
>>37724581
I guess what I'm asking is could I sub in Front Sqauts to SL. They feel much better or any tips or videos for staying upright during squat.
>>
>>37724406
You do realize that there are two other macronutrients, right?
>>
>>37724406
Sleep and eat more carbs and fats. You don't need casein protein. Casein protein is a slow-digesting compound that is useful at night. Cottage cheese is especially high in casein protein. Because of its slow-digesting nature, cottage cheese/casein protein should be consumed at night before bed to prevent muscle catabolism, but even then it's not exactly necessary.
If your diet consists of only protein, then that's why you're sucking dick in the gym. Eat carbs and fats for energy. It also looks like you're getting too much protein. You only need .8g to 1g/lb of lean mass.
As for your heart, sleep and do cardio. Don't be one of those faggots who doesn't do cardio because "muh gains." The benefits of having a healthy cardiovascular system are numerous and will benefit you in the long run, such as improved recovery and delivery of nutrients to the body.
>>
>>37724746
I eat a lot of carbs and especially fats though, mostly from the meat (pork twice a week, chicken twice a week, beef once a week, one day veg one day fish).
Sleep might be a factor though, GF snores and gets up early so that often interrupts my sleep when she's sleeping over.
Thanks for the reply in any case.
>>
>>37724637
Is it the leddit routine? If not, do that. However, change the face pulls to 3x8-12; 5x15-20 face pulls is endurance training and retarded. Also the lateral raise superset is retarded, in my opinion. 3x8-12 lateral raises should be enough.
Just Google "Reddit linear progression PPL." It should be the first one.
>>
File: 1457630976938.png (466 KB, 700x908) Image search: [Google]
1457630976938.png
466 KB, 700x908
Every time I try to deadlift, I end up with a sharp pain in my lower back. I don't know if it's a muscle sprain or something to do with my spine/joints.

I'm focusing on form, keeping my core very tight and using my hamstrings and pushing downwards, and it always feels good until 2-3 reps into my workset. Then the pain occurs and I can't do the rest of the set without immense pain from bending over. The pain then goes away after about half an hour. It doesn't feel like the weight is too much or that I can't get it up, it's just the pain that suddenly appears.

I forgot to film this last time I did it so I can't determine if my form broke on that rep, but I'm going to see a doctor today to clear up any potential of injury.

In the event that I do have something wrong with me, what are effective exercises that I can do to substitute for deadlifts?
>>
>>37724406
Carbs?
>>
>>37724778
You also need to vary your diet to optimize nutrients. You could be malnourished of micronutrients. Nuts are especially high in fats and contain many micronutrients that people often lack. I believe peanuts contain decent amounts of folate and magnesium. Nuts, like almonds and cashews, contain omega 3s which will promote a healthier heart. Salmon will do the trick too.
Get your carbs from high quality sources like whole grain/100% whole wheat breads, brown rice, oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, etc. Cut out soda, white bread/rice, etc. They've been heavily processed and had most of their nutrients stripped away.
If this is an issue, look into a high-quality, pharmaceutical grade multivitamin, fish oil, and whatever else supplement.
I personally use fish oils, vitamin E, vitamin D3, grape seed extract, and a multivitamin taken every morning.
>>
If I were to slow cut. Say a 200 calorie a day deficit, would I feel miserable and lose all my strength?

i'm 180 and want to get down to 170 and I don't need to do it quickly. I'd rather be on a longer less intense cut.

Or would it be silly to do a slow cut like that and I should just be a little more aggressive and deal with it?
>>
>>37724811
Try wearing a belt.
>>
>>37724811
Find a guy at your gym who looks like he knows what he's doing. Ask him for advice on your form.
I don't know if you're already doing this, but work on lower and upper body mobility. You could have a muscular imbalance, perhaps in your lower back or tight hamstrings.
For lower body, I personally use Limber 11 plus some lower back stretches. For upper body, I use the same guy's routine plus wall slides and rotator cuff work.
>>
>>37724864
Nut allergies mane, it ain't a joke. Cutting soda and getting a proper multivitamin is a very good idea though, I've been taking Omega fish oils daily so far, but my diet is pretty one-sided (lots of frozen veggies, bananas and oats, not much else in the vitamin department). Would be surprised if I need even more carbs, though I guess it's time to finally count those damn calories. Again, thank you very much for the input.
>>
>>37724811
I forgot to mention substitutions. Obviously by cutting out this exercise, you're going to have to do more work.
I've seen rack chins/pulls (inverted rows) suggested. Also hyperextensions might work, but I would ask your doctor first about those.
>>
>>37724865
200 should be fine.
>>
>>37724942

Meaning I won't feel to shitty?
>>
>>37724870
>>37724901
Thanks, I'll ask around next time. My flexibility is lacking and it wouldn't surprise me if I had imbalances.

>>37724920
I tried rack pulls the other week and recorded all of the sets without experiencing any pain, it seemed to work pretty well. We'll see if the doctor finds anything strange and go from there. Thank you!
>>
>>37724951
People have done much more of a deficit and not felt too bad. Keep your protein and sleep in check, however.
>>
I'm currently doing SL 5x5, I think I could improve faster if I did 3x5, all my lifts are fine until the last rep on the last set on average.

Shall I swap over to 3x5 or stick out 5x5 until the deload and failurex2?

my fear is that this is fuckingarounditis, everyone says pick a routine and stick with it

extra info, started from no lifting or sports experience, skinnyfat , currently week 17, missed 2/3 weeks due to exams

current lifts: Squat 65kg, DL 100kg, OHP 35kg, bench 50kg, pendlay row 50kg

is this a smart move? personal preference? time wasting?
>>
>>37725106
I think for the average person, the difference between 3x5 and 5x5 is so small, that it won't matter in the long run. Personally, I think you'd be fine.
>>
>>37724581
are these your actual 5 rep max's? or your 5x5 weights?
>>
>>37725155
5x5
>>
>>37725106
do SS. SL is pointless because it's exactly the same shit, just worse.
>>
>>37724015
Left, with straight back. It does appear in SS.
>>
Should I lift on a day where I only meet 70% of my caloric goals?
>tfw too poor to grocery shop this week
>>
>>37723909
Will I fuck my shit up if I do sandbag shouldering squats with heavy weight?

I'm not sure if it's safe to load the spine in this position.
>>
>>37725180
I'm no expert, put your lifts in Symmetric strength dot com

It can give you a general idea of whether you're intermediate or not. cant ask here because have to take your height/weight/age into account as well
>>
>>37725133
>>37725190
cheers
>>
>>37725231
Flexing the vertebral column and then rotating with weight is retarded.
>>
>>37725206
of course
>>
>>37724015
Sit the bar on top of your posterior delts, right below the spines of your scapulae. If yours grip is right, you'll be using your hands simply to stop it rolling off your back.
>>
>>37725231
Don't all unilateral exercises load the body more on one side than the other?
>>
Hey thread. I'm in a resort with a shitty gym. A single bench and dumbbells that stop at 50lbs. No squat rack/bench/anything besides a few misc. machines and cardio shit. If anyone has like, a calisthenics imagine to help maintain my gains at least, or anything else, that would be very helpful.
>>
Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time if I eat calories at maintenance amount, get lots of protein, lift 5 days a week and do cardio on my rest days?
>>
Can someone tell me how many calories is in lean only pan-fried Sirloin steak?

I've tried various sites and it ranges from 150-320

Also does anyone have an accurate site for calories?
>>
>>37725354
No, you'll probably just end up stalling on lifts and making no progress.
>>
>>37725396
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search
>>
When squatting, one of my elbows if farther back than the other, this causes me to tilt the bar off axis. What can I do? any good videos or articles that address this?
>>
>>37725354
Yes. Consult Scooby. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y

>>37725396
It depends on the oz. You're gonna have to weigh your cut and calculate accordingly. 4of = 240, for example.
>>
>>37725429

This site is great, thanks

>>37725458

I'm an idiot for not including the weight, I was looking for the calorie info per 100g.

The issue is is that I can't find pan-fried with 0 fat eaten, will the calories be the same if it's broiled or pan fried?(Obviously I need to count in the oil used)
>>
File: arnold.jpg (119 KB, 380x417) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
119 KB, 380x417
I always read people say,

>Upright rows destroy your shoulders!

But I don't see how this could be if you:

1. Only pull the bar to bottom of sternum/top of rib cage
2. Pull with a wider grip

In doing so, I feel no awkward rotation in my shoulders. All I feel is a very smooth movement along with shoulders getting properly worked.

Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
>>37725493
If you keep your grip outside your hips, you should be fine.
>>
>>37725524
that's what i thought and do, thanks
>>
>>37725195
>>37725298
Well, I guess it does. But there are also photos in SS where it appears the lifter is leaning forward a bit right above the chest. But still, how do you accomplish both of these things? If you stand with your body completely straight, it seems that it will inevitably put strain on your arms. However, positioning myself like >>37724336 does seem to allow for an easier load on the arms.
>>
I've lost 45lbs over the past 4-5 months. I exercise doing body weight and some accessory lifts with Dumbbells. my push-ups, pullups, and chin ups are all progressing. slowly but progressing. I know cutting while lifting is sort of pointless but I'm at this point where I've stalled on my weight loss but still see small progressions in my workouts. am I losing fat and gaining muscle since I'm not losing weight anymore but not gaining either and my lifts are getting better?? im a total manlet 5'6, and 150lbs. I'd like to get down to ~12% body fat or so. just wanna know what you think I should do? say fuck it and just cut harder until I'm ready to seriously bulk? or just keep doing what I'm doing?
>>
>>37725486
Oh, so you what, pick the fat off and leave it on the plate. Weigh your cut, calculate the total sum, and save the fat you pick off. Weigh the fat at the end, and it's 9cal per g if I remember right, and subtract from the total.

Dunno about the cooking stuff but just google both and see for yourself.
>>
>>37725635
Depends on how heavy the cut. If your in the ballpark of 500 deficit, then yeah gaining muscle losing fat. It will hurt the rate of gains but somewhat accelerate the fat loss. A larger cut will make you lose muscle in proportion to hoe much extra you're cutting, which isn't ideal. So cut away but don't be dumb with it.
>>
Hey guys I have a question: is there a whey protein that will not make a shake? What I mean is if there is a whey protein supplement that will mix with water and make a drink that is not like a shake, but like the bottles of isopure. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>37725694
desu I was eating like 1200 calories all through my cut. once I got down to this weight I kinda stopped being so meticulous with my calories. I'll recalculate and do a 500 deficit again. thanks a lot. I just like exercising and would like to at least get stronger while I get leaner so I'm not wasting all this time just losing fat. once I get down to that bf% I plan on getting a gym membership and doing a program the right way. I just gotta lose all this retarded fat
>>
>>37725724
just use more water?
>>
>>37725493
>>37725524
downward pull from your hands while arms are in internal rotation pinches/rubs tissue in the joint (impingement)

>but how
take an anatomy class

it'll be fine for now, until it's not fine. but then the damage is done with no significant pay off - even if it wasn't injurious, upright rows aren't specifically good for anything that you can't do another lift for.
>>
>>37725832
http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Safety.html#Upright
>>
File: sweating man.png (89 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
sweating man.png
89 KB, 417x234
It' s rest day but surely it's fine to do some calves, forearms and traps r-right?
>>
Is there some supplement with healing effects, for injuries?
I hurt my wrist, what could help?
>>
>>37726025
did you start that thread?

and idk. pain killers
>>
>>37726006
I do yoga on rest day. I only say that because I'm anomolous
>>
>>37726038
Nope, i'm one of those that responded.
I need something to heal it, not a painkiller. Who cares about pain.
>>
>>37726064
alright I'll give you a real answer as someone who took a year of athletic training in college because I was a retarded as confused teenager

nothing is going to heal it but time and rehab. rehab gets you to 100% faster. so mobility exercises and maybe some mild strength exercises with bands or gyro balls. but considering you probably can't and won't get those just do stretches. but don't overdue them because of boredom or impatience. enjoy the time off. there's no miracle that'll heal your injury since its dependent on tissue regeneration
>>
trappy chan pics, anyone?
>>
File: Capture234.png (707 KB, 884x598) Image search: [Google]
Capture234.png
707 KB, 884x598
As I lose weight I realize that my ribs stick out.

I've been told it's because I was a fatass with asthma.

In any case, what kind of lifts can I do to minimize the sticking out ribs look?
>>
File: 1466819861773.jpg (137 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
1466819861773.jpg
137 KB, 736x1040
>>37725342
For how long are you there?
>>
>>37725832
you say that but from my own experience there's no impingement whatsoever and i haven't seen one shred of evidence to prove otherwise

and you say other lifts do it better, also not true. lifting circumstances come in all variety. and you're just shifting the argument to hurr durr another lift is better while dodging the point being made.
>>
>>37726229
Through Saturday. Thanks for the chart.
>>
>>37726449
Your muscle or anything won't disappear if you eat enough.
>>
Any anons here sleep on the floor?
How is it?

I'm asking mainly because my living room is cooler at night and wanted to sleep on the floor, put a blanket or two down and sleep, I've heard it's good for you, anyone?
>>
Ok no memes, I seriously want to know how much smoking kill gains, Some say a lot some say not so much.
>>
How to get from 185lb to 200

Change routine?

I've been stuck at 180-185 forever I feel like my diet is the lacking point

im >6'2
>>
>>37726189
chin ups for sick wings
>>
File: arthur.jpg (46 KB, 567x522) Image search: [Google]
arthur.jpg
46 KB, 567x522
Just got strep throat yesterday, just got penecillin today. Still workout today, tomorrow, or nah?
>>
>>37726527
Yeah I gotcha. It'd just uh, be a shame if I lost 10lbs on the bench or something because this week . I'll do anything I can to maintain
>>
File: ayylmaoakbar.jpg (18 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
ayylmaoakbar.jpg
18 KB, 550x550
Best way to increase number of chin-ups? I can only do 2-3, then sets after that it falls to 1-2, then 1 for a bit, then nothing
>>
I'm having pain on my inner elbow after doing skullcrushers, its becoming worse, what can I do?
>>
File: file.png (359 KB, 435x470) Image search: [Google]
file.png
359 KB, 435x470
Are there any exercises to help naturally correct and/or help prevent pain from a 10 degree upper thoracic spine curvature? The curve is directly between my shoulder blades.

I get intense pain when standing still for longer than 10 or 20 minutes and also when I sit down in a chair without perpendicular pressure on my shoulder blades.
>>
>>37725871
>exrx
>valid
nah

and even that doesn't say "you won't get injured using shoulder width", it says it REDUCES the degree of internal rotation, but your shoulder is still in internal rotation with a wider grip - it even goes on to say later in that page that it's still morphology dependent since there are people who will have smaller joint space than others, and wider grip will still not help i.e. dont fucking do it you mong.

>>37726262
>my own experience
wow maybe we should ignore anatomical and biomechanical analysis and listen to your minimal experience doing upright rows

>but i've been lifting for a WHOLE year
amazing

>and you say other lifts do it better, also not true.
give me one thing the upright row does that no other lift can do better that routines need to include upright rows. I can wait

>and you're just shifting the argument to hurr durr another lift is better while dodging the point being made.
nice reading comprehension there m8

I clearly pointed out that
1. its injurious, said why it's injurious, and said you shouldn't do it (answering the question)
2. I then added a secondary point about it being inferior anyway, so it's inclusion isn't necessary regardless (adding and enforcing my previous statement)

stick around a bit longer and you'll realise maybe your year of experience doesn't actually mean anything and you're a twink bitch
>>
>>37726919
Not do them. Are you doing them with dumbbells or a barbell? Some people find that the dumbbells feel better.
>>
I eat healthy and count calories. I count the amount of proteins and carbs and make sure I take in a sufficient amount.

My problem is I eat a lot of muesli and bread high in fibre, but my shit is still semi-liquid instead of solid, what do
>>
>>37727210
>wow maybe we should ignore anatomical and biomechanical analysis and listen to your minimal experience doing upright rows
You haven't provided a single shred of evidence to backup your claim and when it comes to lifting, your own experience is often the best experience. If you can't do it, that doesn't mean you should go telling other people not to.

>but i've been lifting for a WHOLE year
Nobody said this anywhere.

>give me one thing the upright row does that no other lift can do better that routines need to include upright rows. I can wait
Shifting goalposts.

>I clearly pointed out that
>1. its injurious, said why it's injurious, and said you shouldn't do it (answering the question)
You've made blanket statements while providing not a single shred of evidence to support your claim, then spouting, "MUH ANATOMY".

>I then added a secondary point about it being inferior anyway
Your secondary, "point" piggybacks on an unsupported claim. Furthermore not everyone is going to be privy to doing any given other lift.

>stick around a bit longer and you'll realise maybe your year of experience doesn't actually mean anything and you're a twink bitch
Cool strawman, retard.
>>
>>37726662
rest more between sets.
>>
Is Mildronats (meldonium hydrochloride) good shit?
>>
Is it necessary to be sore for a while to make gains? I've been doing Scooby's intermediate routine for about 3 weeks because I'm a NEET with access only to a pullup bar and 25# dumbbells, and I almost never have any soreness. Time for a new routine?
>>
Why does /fit/ hate pizza?

It has lots of calories, it has lots of protein, it has lots of carbs. Isn't it the perfect bulking food?
>>
>>37727621
Soreness is a poor indicator of whether a routine is good. Typically one will be sore for about a couple days or so if the routine is new or he/she has never lifted. It's very rare that I'm sore from a workout nowadays.
>>
>>37727478
>You haven't provided a single shred of evidence to backup your claim
I told you to take an anatomy class in my first post. I'm not going to do your homework for you for something so basic. you can go to the link that other guy posted as "source" which explains what I said.

the only reason you don't want to listen to reason and do an ounce of independent research is because you want to convince yourself you haven't wasted your time doing a shit exercise, while continuing to blindly do an exercise literally just because you like it.

>Nobody said this anywhere.
no shit dickhead. it was me mocking you by saying how much of a newfag you sound.

>Shifting goalposts.
except not because, as I said, it was a secondary point to which you disgreed with - to which I say prove it. you can't though cause you're a moron

>spouting, "MUH ANATOMY".
yeah sorry for using actual knowledge rather than minimal anecdotal evidence from a twink. people can get away with doing cat-back deadlifts and squats with their knees practically touching for years without getting injured. but guess what, we know anatomical and biomechanically its injurious. no matter how much retard A or retard B says
>well I DIDNT INJURE MYSELF SO
it doesn't mean shit, and neither do you

>piggybacks on an unsupported claim
kek you are actually retarded aren't you

the second point starts off with "even if upright rows WERENT injurious" - which contradicts my first point, whilst coming to the same conclusion, exemplifying the validity of the initial conclusion. you're really reaching here to think that was piggybacking

>Cool strawman, retard.
you gotta stop using words you don't know the meaning of, kid. that's not what a strawman means. I don't even have to do anything to show how retarded you actually are.

you can keep putting your hands over your ears and being a little bitch about this, but it doesn't effect me at the end of the day if you don't want to actually look into this.
>>
>>37723909
With some body parts (maybe all) when i move up or down the muscle shake. If i move my arm down my biceps will shake, if i move my ankle in my butt's direction it'll also shake.
Is it normal? It's really weird not having your muscles move smoothly; it gets much worse when you add weight.
>>
>>37727768
For how long have you been lifting? I had that shit at the start but it went away after some time
>>
>>37727737
>I'm not going to do your homework for you for something so basic
It's so basic yet you can't provide a shred of evidence to backup your erroneous claim.

>you can go to the link that other guy posted as "source" which explains what I said.
The source clearly states that widening your grip gives room for the movement to occur, shit eating retard. Furthermore, I clearly stated that raising the bar no higher than rib cage/below sternum reduces chances of impingement even further, a point which you have utterly failed to contest and a point which I will now backup with actual evidence, something your fucking retarded shit eating blind following ass is incapable of procuring:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24077379
>A significant association existed between clinical characteristics of SIS (p ≤ 0.004) and both lateral deltoid raises and upright rows above 90°
>upright rows above 90°
>above 90°

Oh look, actual EVIDENCE which proves exactly what I said, not raising the bar so damned high like a retard removes the impingement issue, combined with widening grip to reduce it even further.

What's more is that upright rows can be the perfect shoulder exercise for someone like me who has a rare type 3 hooked acromion which makes overhead pressing troublesome as I often find myself with some kind of lingering pain days after performing the lift.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3639339/
>A low lateral acromial angle and a large lateral extension of the acromion were associated with a higher prevalence of impingement and rotator cuff tears. An extremely hooked anterior acromion with a slope of more than 43° and an LAA of less than 70° only occurred in patients with rotator cuff tears.

Thankfully there's upright rows which require virtually zero lateral acromion extension and retards like you to get shit on by people who actually know a thing or two about anatomy.
>>
>>37727879
I always have had it, even before i started; if i'm standing and move my arm down it shake no matter what. Now that i started it just became much more noticeable because it gets worse with weight.
The word shake seems too strong but twitch seems too weak. It's kinda hard to explain.
>>
>>37726189
Just chill out, don't worry too much about it until you finish your cut.
I can't even notice what you're saying on those pics desu
>>
What's better?

Northern Lights Full Rack

Or

AMStaff full rack?

Is there a difference in quality? Brand preference?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-19-58-50.png (319 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-19-58-50.png
319 KB, 1080x1920
>>37728262

Example: pic related
>>
File: porkrinds.png (40 KB, 651x574) Image search: [Google]
porkrinds.png
40 KB, 651x574
>>37723909
What do you guys think about pork rinds? i'm doing a high protein-low carb cycle and after reading the macros i devoured the whole bag (pic related) the only thing you could make a fuss about it's the sodium quantity but then again it's just sodium.
>>
>>37726025

Glucosamine Sulfate
>>
>>37727895
>not raising the bar so damned high like a retard removes the impingement issue
hey "person who knows what he's talking about" - it doesn't say that you moron. all it states is that going up 90 degrees shows a SIGNIFICANT increase in impingement, meaning definitely don't fucking do that. it doesn't say "anything below that is great have at it"

and the fact that you think moving a weight 5 inches in an upward motion constitutes a worthwhile exercise is actually ridiculous - which takes me back to my second point; what does that accomplish that isn't better accomplished by something else. still waiting.

>Thankfully there's upright rows which require virtually zero lateral acromion extension
holy shit you are actually retarded.

all that second quote is saying is the relative position of the acromion and the influence of lateral acroimal extension on rotator cuff tears.

it has NOTHING to do with upright rows, in which impingement occurs to to lateral abduction of the arm whilst being forced into medial rotation by the weight. you think there's only one cause of rotator cuff tears?

>and retards like you to get shit on by people who actually know a thing or two about anatomy.
top kek m8 you really should stop digging your grave like this.

stop finding sources that either
a) don't support your claim at all, as if i'm not gonna read them
or
b) don't directly say "don't do upright rows AT ALL" and use that as a source to say
>hurr durr SEE its a GOOD EXERCISE because only half of it is significantly correlated with rotator cuff tears and therefore means the other half is amazing!"

you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>37728330

Newfag here...

Do you also not recommend inverted rows? Or OK?
>>
>>37728330
>all it states is that going up 90 degrees shows a SIGNIFICANT increase in impingement
There are no studies which show going below that causes ANY impingement at all. Anywhere. The impingement literally occurs from the high degree of internal rotation, which is exactly why you don't pull to your chin and widen your grip.

>and the fact that you think moving a weight 5 inches in an upward motion constitutes a worthwhile exercise
If your goal is to work your lateral deltoids, yeah, it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMAYJ1vqDI

>all that second quote is saying is the relative position of the acromion and the influence of lateral acroimal extension on rotator cuff tears.
What do you think happens in an overhead press or traditional upright row you fucking moron? And yeah, the shape of the acromion is kinda important it's literally the entire point being made, idiot.

You have still not provided one shred of evidence to support your claim. Now fuck off, retard.
>>
Chiropractors: yes/no and why
>>
Is protein powder a meme?
>>
>>37729112
No, get your head out of your ass. It's food
>>
>>37729155
But why is it so expensive? Something does not feel right here
>>
>>37729194

per gram it's cheaper than most protein sources

just get regular unflavoured whey without a million weird ingredients, not mutant mass or some branded shit, and i guarantee it'll be cheaper per gram than chicken or beef or eggs or whatever
>>
>>37728442
>hodgetwins
oh yeah, i forgot about those youtube scientists that have extensive training in biomechanics and decades of experience coaching people.

oh wait no, no they don't. they're literally two half-natty youtubers who don't want to admit they're wrong.

>If your goal is to work your lateral deltoids, yeah, it does.
imagine doing lateral raises to where your arms are 45 degrees from your torso. thats basically the shoulder involvement of the upright row your suggesting. you can literally see it in the video you posted.

>What do you think happens in an overhead press or traditional upright row you fucking moron?
I literally explained it in the last post, moron. but I understand it must be hard having the reading comprehension of a retarded 12 year old.

>And yeah, the shape of the acromion is kinda important it's literally the entire point being made, idiot.
it's literally not. the point is upright rows are injurious, and you want to suggest a half rep version of it as if it's useful, when its fucking not and just shows how desperate you want to do a shit movement. if you're doing half of the movement, there's no impingement because theres barely any movement. GENIUS

Im the one who pointed out in my earlier posts that its morphology dependent so even doing "precautionary measures" doesn't prevent injury, because some people have smaller glenohumeral cavities.

>You have still not provided one shred of evidence to support your claim. Now fuck off, retard.
because I don't have to, its not my fault your a retard

and the fact that you're posting actual dog shit shows how little of an argument you have.

pathetic response as ever. actually kill yourself
>>
>>37728400
forgot to answer

but inverted rows are fine m8, it definitely doesn't put you in the same position as an upright row. any kind of horizontal pulling like that won't lead to injury
>>
>>37723965
Russian twists are literally my favorite exerscize
>>
>>37729020
Anyone? Have someone telling me they're good but I wanna know what /fit/ thinks
>>
>>37729259
>oh yeah, i forgot about those youtube scientists that have extensive training in biomechanics and decades of experience coaching people.
t. shitposter

>it's literally not.
It's literally the entire point of the article, retard.

>the point is upright rows are injurious
Except they're not when performed as I suggested and you even agree later on in your post and have shifted goalposts at that point once again see here:

>there's no impingement because theres barely any movement
There doesn't need to be. Bench press is literally just pressing a bar a few inches off your chest and you don't see anybody making such idiotic statements as you.

>Im the one who pointed out in my earlier posts that its morphology
Entirely separate point to mine which is the need for a lift other than, "the best" which will vary for people with certain acromion types who can't perform better lifts without severe impingement.
>>
>>37723965

planks?
>>
Doing a modified versionof PHAT, how's this routine look guys?

Upper:

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Dumbbell Press: 3x5
Pull ups: 2x6-10
Shldr Dumbell Press: 3x6-10
Rack Chins: 2x6-10
Dips: 2x6-10
Ez Bar Curls: 3x6-10
Skull Crushers: 3x6-10

Lower:

Squats: 3x5
Leg Extensions: 2x6-10
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3x5-8
Standing Calf Raises: 3x8-12
Cable Crunches: 3x8-12
Leg raises: 3xF

Back & Shoulders:

Barbell Rows: 5x5 80-90% of upper day weight
OHP: 5x5 80-90%
Chinups: 3xF
Cable Rows: 3x8-12
Lateral Raises: 3x8-12
Shrugs: 3x8-12
Facepulls: 2x8-12

Lower (repeat)

Chest & Arms:

Dumbbell Press: 5x5 80-90%
Pec Flyes: 3x8-12
Closegrip Bench: 3x6-8
DB Supinating Curls: 3x8-12
Rope Pressdowns: 3x8-12
Incline Hammer Curls: 3x8-12

Wed and Sunday are rest days.
>>
Is it possible to have a visible 6pack without flexing?
>>
>>37729412
>Bench press is literally just pressing a bar a few inches off your chest
holy fuck how short are your arms

and you're retarded and blatantly a newfag for thinking bench rom has not been a large point of contention. I'll give you the quick notes because unlike you I care about educating people rather than spouting shit

if you only care about lifting the most weight - i.e. powerlifters, then you try to give the shortest rom possible, because it makes the lift EASIER, and your muscles have to do less work to lift more weight, which is bad for general training purposes because your loading your body with heavier weights for less pay-off, whilst training a smaller rom.

if you care about development and using the benchpress for increasing pressing strength for general purposes, you do the FULL ROM, because your muscles get overall more work by doing more of the movement (shock) whilst using less weight, giving you the best bang for your buck. do you also want me to explain why people don't suggest primarily training half squats and rack pulls over their full rom counterparts?
now if you want to see who can do the heaviest 5" upright row, then do your stupid movement. if you want to use it for any other purpose, then do the full rom - and fuck up your shoulders. OR do what I suggest, and don't cling on to such a shitty movement just because you've wasted your time on it in the past and you refuse to do the smart thing and move on

everything else you've said is stupid and going around in circles and I've said enough to get my point across and people can make there own decisions based on it. I just hope for their sake they don't listen to your retarded rambling
>>
Hungry skeleton here. I'm having trouble bulking because of appetite and time it takes for meal prep. Should I just dirty bulk hard with McDonalds and mass gainer? 3 sausage mcmuffins is 1200 cal. I can eat those easily. How bad will a dirty bulk fuck me up?
>>
>>37729579
>holy fuck how short are your arms
Compared to your statement that my upright rows are only moving, "5 inches", you mean? I'm 6'2" with body proportionate arms. Performing an upright row as stated is bringing a barbell from your mid thigh all the way up to your sternum. I don't know what kind of midget man arms you have but that ain't no 5 inches, little guy.

>and you're retarded and blatantly a newfag for thinking bench rom has not been a large point of contention
That's not my point at all but rather the range of movement from a bench press, even with your back flat against the bench, isn't going to be much different than the distance the bar travels on the upright rows I suggested doing.

>everything else you've said is stupid and going around in circles
Everything I've said is well supported and articulated. I'm still waiting for a single shred of evidence but oh wait, that won't happen since now you've shifted the topic to, "it's too short of ROM". Lol you're retarded fucking kys idiot.
>>
I'm too weak to do more than one pullup at a time, should I train with negatives or the assisted pullup machine?
>>
>>37729479
Yes.
>>
is it possible to target the individual heads of the quads?
from one source i hear that its possible through stance width during squats
from another source i hear that its impossible since width is based on the hips, and the quads are not affected by the hip joint.
yet to my understanding the rectus femoris is a hip flexor and HAS to be affected by the hip.
>>
Is it weird to try and meet friends through tinder? I'm new to lifting with no friends and I'm trying to make a change. Also young as fuck with no car so idk how to even be friends with someone if I can't get anywhere on my own.
>>
I have a bit of stubborn fat around my waist that I'd like to get rid of. Currently 155 at 5'10'' and taking EC stack. Should I take YHCL instead?
Does EC just increase my BMR, or does it also help me lose more fat instead of muscle during a cut?
>>
>>37729020
I've been to one for back troubles and it was OK. I personally got more out of physical therapy. If you're going for 'geberal health' or something, it could be good for you. It's not going to hurt or damage you, so try it out and see if it feels good. Don't go to any that want to take xrays unless you think you have a deformity or something.
>>
Just started working out about a week ago. I want to be able to lift weights at home because I think it will be more convenient and cheaper. My goal body is a cardiobunny but with a bit more muscle.

Can I buy something where I can do my squats, deadlifts, and weighted triceps dips? Is there an alternate exercise that replaces a chin-up? I am not so comfortable putting one of those doorway chin-up bars in my house. Finally, from people who have home gyms is it more economical to buy a full barbell set or just buy the barbell and the weights separately? Thanks in advance.
>>
For chest press machines you only count the weight added via plates and don't count the handles/levers at all correct?
>>
>>37726189

That is visceral fat at work anon. You have a ton of visceral fat attached to your inner organs. It's the "Stubborn fat" that Yohimbine helps burn off.

Conventional method for burning it off involves going to starvation, then running until your heart about explodes.
>>
>>37726571

Get some light padding, your joints will hate you if you sleep on the hard floor. Definitely a pillow at least.
>>
>>37730467

I'm not an expert, but how it boils down to is this

>EC stack curbs appetite
>Gives energy to make up for loss in calories
>increases the rate at which the body burns off calories

>YHCL is a calculated supplement to an EC stack
>It's taken on an empty stomach to decrease the amount of glucose etc available in the body
>At peak absorption levels it increases the availability of all fat for burning in the body
>Do low intensity cardio to keep from passing out

EC stack for conventional cutting, YHCL for stubborn cuts to get past your bodys natural level of fatness it wants.
>>
>>37730958
Obviously, I'd like to keep as much muscle as I can. Should/can I lift while taking YHCL, or should I only do light cardio? I also read that one should not take both at the same time, is it dangerous?
>>
>>37731020

No nigga you don't lift while you are under the effects of YHCL. I said you pass out from more than a light jog. Trying to squat you'd blackout on it.

I'm not sure the exact interaction, but with this you run the risk of blowing your heart out if you get the shit fucked up. You need to be super exact on the YHCL since its a really small amount. Timing is everything with it as well. But, its also quickly rendered by the body, so you shouldn't have any lingering effects from it about two hours from taking it.. So I dont see why you couldnt YHCL in the morning, then do an EC stack after you do your jog.

Again, seek more expert opinion. I had been researching the two for a bit to try and increase my cut.
>>
>>37731070
Thanks, I appreciate the info. Won't I lose my muscle mass if I don't lift? I don't have time to do both cardio and lift, especially if it requires me to go to the gym 2x in one day.
>>
>>37731096

If you can't go to the gym twice a day, you probably shouldn't do YHCL. Just stick with an EC stack and feel it out, practice burning off all the bodys glucose before you stack so your body is burning through straight fat.
>>
Random question, but it came to mind during my run earlier.

What would you say the maximum force output would be from one arm extended upward?

I was wondering if it was at all possible to do a one handed handstand jumping push up with enough force to allow one to land back on their feet provided they are agile enough. Esentially a one handed back handspring without the momentum of the kick
>>
I shaved my beard after a year. How long does the baby face effect last?
>>
File: nrBkE9M.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nrBkE9M.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
It's true prolong abstinence from masturbation increased testosterone.

my question is does this still apply if you masturbate BUT don't ejaculate?
>>
File: 1457874281611.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457874281611.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>37723909
My brother just got diagnosed with T2 diabetes. He's 20 y/o and really skinny but has been shovling garbage into his system since day 1.

Now, he's been running and it seems he wants to get into lifting. His goals are really unrealistic though. He says he wants a body like Channing Tatum or Hugh Jackman, but i'm pretty sure the diabetes will stop him from looking anything other than skinny.

Am I wrong for telling him it won't happen? I'm proud that he finally is taking care of himself but it just seems impossible to me.
>>
>>37731342
Juice him up
>>
>>37731363
i don't want to fuck him up more than he already has been. i just wish he was more realistic.

my main question, if i wasn't clear in the last post is if he can gain muscle and have an aesthetic body or whatever.
>>
>>37731329
The only science that shows this is a Chinese study done several years ago that showed ago 40% increase in serum testosterone. You run into a few problems with this study though.

1) it's by some Chinese university which brings into question the validity of the findings
2) 40% testosterone for one day (if the boost even lasts for that long, which there's nothing to indicate it does) does next to nothing for you. Your test fluctuates by a fair degree every day
3) serum testosterone is not the same as free testosterone which is the kind you want since that is where the anabolic effect lies. Serum is just the total amount of test in the blood while free is the amount not bound to SBHG (which nullifies anabolic effects of test)
>>
>>37731124
Sorry, could you elaborate on what you mean by "practice burning off all the bodys glucose before you stack so your body is burning through straight fat?"
>>
File: 1465448813797.png (431 KB, 1080x750) Image search: [Google]
1465448813797.png
431 KB, 1080x750
5'6 manlet recovering fatty,down to 156 now,starting to see some abs and getting pretty lean. How much more should I cut 130,120?Also was thinking about carb cycling the rest of the way down. What do /fit/?
>>
>>37731426
*SHBG
My bad
>>
>>37728286
Remember that protein from pork rinds is not really bioavailable. It says on the bag that the food is not a significant source of protein for a reason.

They're a good snack for cravings though
>>
>>37723909
Not fat but I've been diagnosed with borderline type 2 diabetes cause of >mah genetics

What are some good idea for low carb high fat high fiber healthy meals to eat so I can lower my blood sugar?

Obviously low sugar fruits, veggies and nuts are a good idea but how do I pack on the gains without beating my kidneys by eating too much protein?
>>
So I was barbell curling today and started to get a really bad pain in my left forearm. I decided to push through it and finish the workout, but it got worse as I continued, to the point where I could barely do anything with that arm.

How badly did I snap my shit up?
>>
File: Dumbbell-Lateral-Raise.jpg (12 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
Dumbbell-Lateral-Raise.jpg
12 KB, 650x400
whenever I do lateral raises, I feel like I'm targeting my traps much more than my delts. Is this a form issue? Are there any cues that can help me with this?
>>
File: 1453818569310.jpg (27 KB, 510x498) Image search: [Google]
1453818569310.jpg
27 KB, 510x498
How important is my activity level when figuring my tdee?

At work I am on my feet a lot and I walk ~5 miles give or take. How should I include that, if at all?
>>
>>37723965
Everybody says planks but I also recommend something my friend showed me which is to alternate between plank position and pushup position in increasing quickness. Felt like hell for my core.
>>
File: 1217-11_f.jpg (31 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
1217-11_f.jpg
31 KB, 231x300
I've always wanted my very own squat rack but lack the space. I just found out squat stands exist (pic related) and seems like they could be a good solution.
Has anyone used one before? Your experience?

I have very little space at my disposal. I'll have sufficient space to USE a rack like this, but when not in use I'll never really have anywhere to 'put them away' (which I'd need to do), it'd just be a matter of sticking them in a low-traffic area. Which is something I'm fairly used to, but I might be underestimating the hassle considering these would be large and heavy, and I'd be using them and moving them every other day.
I'm trying to crack the interior design code to create enough space for a semi/permanent set-up, but that might not happen.
>>
File: what-is-causing-my-bad-breath.jpg (30 KB, 373x323) Image search: [Google]
what-is-causing-my-bad-breath.jpg
30 KB, 373x323
>>37723909
what do against bad breath without chemical overload and killing off the good bacteria in my mouth or only treating symptoms but not the root?
>>
First cut, low calorie PSMF, 160 grams protein, no more than 800 calories a day, with ECA stack. Today was my first workout and I felt horrible, did less sets than last time plus shaking like a leaf.

Is that normal for a cut? I've never felt like I've needed a pre-workout besides coffee before, but what's a good one that's PSMF friendly?
>>
>>37726662

Something I've been trying since I also experience extreme drop in performance in the following sets is to just have a total rep range that decreases each week while weight increases. This let me get in the volume in whatever number of sets it takes.

It might look like this:

W1 5 kg weighted 15 reps:
5 reps > 4 reps > 4 reps > 3 reps (one over but I always take last set to failure)

W2 7.5 kg 12-14 reps:
4 reps > 3 reps > 3 reps > 3 reps > 2 reps

W3 10 kg 10-12 reps:
3 reps > 3 reps > 2 reps > 2 reps

W4 5kg 8 total reps (deload):
5 reps > 3-4 reps

Week 5 restarts with 15 total reps, but this time higher than 5 kg so you apply progressive overload. You can also incorporate static holds at the end of the last set, they do a lot.
>>
>>37734332

Also, since you're probably not ready for weighted yet, just set aim for something like 3x8, and aim for as many real chinups as possible, and fill in the rest with negatives and static holds at the last rep of every set. You'll slowly increase the number of real chinups you can do, while decreasing the negatives, while increasing the holds. When you can do 3x8 (or 3x5 even with perfect form) you can start doing weighted for easier progression.
>>
How do you do skullcrushers without fucking up your elbows?
>>
>>37734377

You do them Rippetoe-style, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I

It works the whole tricep while being less stressful on the elbows, no point doing them the "normal" way really.
>>
>>37723909
i would add some lentils or chickpeas instead of that Bread.
Legumes has a good Prot/Carb ratio.
>>
>>37726189
this looks like nothing in comparison to my ribs.
nice progress keep on it
>>
>>37734394

Jesus, why does anyone listen to this fucking half-human half-butterball?
>>
File: IMG_20160629_132530.jpg (990 KB, 2432x3286) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_132530.jpg
990 KB, 2432x3286
I am 185cm and 83kg. (6'1'' and 185ish)
I started SS and bulking in february and overdid it, got to 86kg and too much belly fat.
Now I've been eating at 2000 for like a month and lost 3 kg. It seems that my weight loss/metabolism has kind of plateau'd.
I really dont know what I should do: I know cutting down further would just be a hassle, but I dont want to go on a bulk that will make me gain a lot of fat.
What macros and cals should I have to go on a lean mass bulk?
pic is me now
>>
File: 1439461034580.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1439461034580.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
I could use some advice on what to put on a whiteboard I bought yesterday, I wanted to have it for daily reminders or something to not fuck around with my diet, rules n shit. I need some reminder to have discipline, I am fucking weak in that department.

I am planning on putting it up on the wall right next to my bed, I have a small apartment so I can always see it.

I want motivating stuff on it like ticking of each day or some other shit to always have a visual measure of my progress.

Lifting is going well, no problem there, recently hit 4/3,5/1.5/1, but diet has been shit recently, I keep stalling at the same weight and jojo up and down around that point.

What do you guys think I should put on the whiteboard for me to see every day? Rules? Daily checklist?

And, I was wondering what you guys take to curb appetite?

I took Concerta+Caffeine during the recent exam period and I noticed my hunger was pretty much nonexistent which was really nice but I can't chomp on Concerta all the time because no prescription.

Do you have any recommendations? ECA stack maybe? Getting ephedrine in Latvia doesn't seem to be the easiest though.
>>
>>37734733

did your lifts stall eating at 2000?

pls answer i'm trying to eat at around 2000 and cut some fat too but i don't want to stop making lift progress.
>>
>>37723909
Every time I eat creatine, I get nauseous and then 45 minutes later I throw it up. I always eat creatine with 2 or 3 glasses of water. What the fuck?
>>
>>37734904
since I started I was never able to increse weight every workout, taking 2 or even 4 workouts.
Stupidly, I didnt deload properly so I was in an endless loop.
But no, I found no difference, since I managed to still have a good meal before working out
>>
>>37734909
Have you tried switching brands?

I recently switched beta alanine brands and the new one fucks me over whenever I take it. The one before was smooth with no side effects (only lovely paresthesia), but the new one makes my intestines nope the fuck out.
>>
>>37733440
You will still hit your traps with lateral raises. Alot of people like to use the whole body to raise the dumbbell. Isolate the movement. Move your arms only
>>
>>37735062
yeah but when i move my arms only, i can feel and see the traps contracting when I bring my arms up. I can't move my arms without moving my shoulder blades as well.
>>
>>37736394
your traps are inevitably going to work in a lateral raise.
>>
>>37736517
I'm okay with that, I just want to know how to target delts more.
>>
>>37736537
you don't.
>>
Started SS about a month ago. In the beginning i could really feel i needed the rest days. But that seems to have changed. I can feel it in the morning now, but later on the day i'm perfectly fine. Can i go from doing SS 3 times a week to 4 or maybe 5 times a week?
>>
Dear /fit/, I'll be going to a concert tonight
and I'll also be getting very drunk.

It's currently 10:30am and the concert starts at 8pm. Should I go workout today, or forego my workout for this day? I'll also probably be eating a shit ton of food too, which is kind of sad because I'm on a cut, but I can't control my drunken self.

>help me senpais
>>
>>37736600
why wouldn't you workout
>>
File: Archievening body perfection.jpg (784 KB, 1389x2420) Image search: [Google]
Archievening body perfection.jpg
784 KB, 1389x2420
I have no idea what the fuck to do. I've read the sticky and i'm already on a diet, but routine wise, i don't know. I want to try Greyskull LP, which there seems to be a fat-loss version of, but i can't find it. I also have truble understanding to how ''layer-in'' exercises in the basic routine. What am i missing, besides everything?

I'm fat and this is basically my goal. I want to be Natty, so the close i can get to this(in case it isn't natty), the better.
>>
>>37736573
That's the downside with SS, you soon feel like you need more volume in you're training but try to stick to it, increase the wheight as often as you can because sooner or later shit will get heavy. Try switching to SL instead or a Upper/Lower routine
>>
>>37724014
Pickle juice is basically vinegar, no? There are supposed to be health benefits to vinegar, including lowering the glycaemic index of foods eaten alongside it. Like you say though I wouldn't go overboard due to the sodium, excessive consumption might fuck with your stomach ph too.
>>
>>37736794
Yeah, mang that is def natty.
>>
>>37736573
just do it every other day instead of having the 2 day weekend. since its full body you shouldn't do it 2 days in a row so 5 day's wouldnt work.
>>
>>37724428
The shortest answer is: just lift. If you're skinnyfat then it doesn't really matter. You need some meat on your bones before you worry about the outer layer.

If you feel like you need a concrete answer then aim for a very slight bulk but keep an eye on your bodyfat.
>>
>dieting for 2 months
>lose 15 pounds first month
>lose 3 pounds second month

What the fuck?
>>
Does the protein in milk complete the protein in oats?
Oats are a big part of my diet and I've always counted the protons in them but I read that they are an "incomplete protein" so does combining them with milk complete them???

And second question, how long did you lift before you first noticed visual gains in the mirror ?
>>
>>37724581
None of those lifts are that great, and it looks like you have some imbalances, particularly your weak squat. Half a year or so on SS wouldnt be a bad idea. Then take another look at your lifts and reassess in the new year.
>>
File: 1389249528661.png (2 MB, 1920x1106) Image search: [Google]
1389249528661.png
2 MB, 1920x1106
>>37736870
>I'll take water weight for $500 Alex
>>
>>37736884
damn, for $500 I guess my question wasn't that stupid.
>>
>>37736884
Who's that qtpa2t?
>>
>>37724811
Fucking hell man, do you know how many "sharp pains" in my lower back it would take before I sought out medical advice?

One!

Don't fuck with your back.
>>
>>37736794
you can torrent gslp easily. here's a link reddit.com/r/bodybuilding/comments/3w8a30/dropbox_full_of_shared_bodybuilding_pdfs_for_your/
>>
File: 1451053106972.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1451053106972.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
Dumb question but I cycle every day ~6 miles to and from work. I squat once a week. Given the amount of cycling I do, can I afford to give most leg accessories a miss and still have proportional, good looking legs?
>>
>>37725106
Personally I'd say those lifts are kind of light to have to think about reducing volume. You should be flying along on beginner gains still.

But conversely, there'd be no real harm in switching to 3x5 either, and if it happens to help, all the better. Just be sure that its not your form holding you back. (Or if your lifts are stalling across the board, more likely your nutrition).
>>
something that always scared me, is if I'm at the gym alone and I'm doing my 5rep max on say benchpress, what happens if my arms just buckle?what the hell do i do if i cant lift the fucking bar off my face? do you just try and not push yourself quite to your limit when you don't have anyone spotting you or what?
>>
>>37725206
>got stuck under the bar
>had to do the drink of shame
>>
>>37725440
Focus on holding it level. Deload if necessary. Work on shoulder/wrist flexibility if necessary.
>>
>>37726025
I heard some fags in another thread say Epson salts. (As in soak the injury in it, dont eat the stuff).

Number 1 thing has got to be rest though.
>>
>>37736939
i'd say it depends on your genetics. The only way to tell is by looking at how your legs look in proportion to your upper body. Maybe start not doing them for a couple of months and see how you go
>>
>>37736927
Is there a pre-determined routine for fat loss Greyskullin that torrent? My gymis in 2 hours and i can't stop doubting gym's personal trainer's machines addiction.
>>
>>37736996
>Roll of shame

The barbell will never get stuck on your neck because only a fucking idiot would bench press over his neck.
>>
>>37726189
Embrace it. Flared ribs can look pretty good on a bulky, ripped physique. Think Gerard Butler in 300.
>>
File: 1464532970445.jpg (34 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
1464532970445.jpg
34 KB, 500x355
>>37724581
I'm the same height as you and can't do squats either. We have pretty much the same problem, but as soon as I squat down I go up on my toes, otherwise I'd fall over.
It's about ankle mobility in my case. Perhaps you've something similar? Eitherway I skip squats althogether and do one-legged leg presses.
>>
>>37726571
You'll wake up full of aches if you don't have adequate padding.

Why not just switch to lighter bedding, get some nice crisp good quality sheets, have a cold shower before bed and have a fan on in the room? You can nigger-rig some A.C. by putting a tray of ice behind the fan.
>>
>>37726620
Of course it's mostly diet. Eat more.
>>
File: 905167D.jpg (118 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
905167D.jpg
118 KB, 500x375
>>37736877
Answer my question faggots
>>
>>37726662
Give it lots of time and keep at it. It took me about a year to go from 4 consecutive chinups to 10.
>>
I have disgusting varicose veins behind my knee and Im a young male. Will doing heavy RDLs make the veins burst?
>>
>>37737090
Bumping.
>>
>>37729723
Yes.
>>
>>37737098
>>roll of shame

what about for squats? do you just drop the fucker?
>>
>>37730423
Try grindr, plenty of guys on there who like working out.
>>
>>37730810
Depends whether you want to try finding a bargain on eBay or craigslist, or are buying new.

If you're buying used just go for the best deal, it'll probably be cheap enough to buy piecemeal even if it means driving around to collect stuff.

If buying new the best deals are usually for buying in bulk, especially if this qualifies you for stuff like free delivery and zero percent finance. Estimate how much you'd like to deadlift in a year's time; that's how much weight you should buy now. An extra pair of plates a year down the line won't be too prohibitive.
>>
>>37730854
Correct. Any resistance added by the machine itself is accounted for in the weight displayed.
>>
>>37736909
cutiepaTooT ?
>>
>>37731260
I suppose look at the maximum weight it's possible to push press and approximately halve it. If that figure is more than your bodyweight then it's theoretically possible. Of course it's more complex than that because you're describing an explosive movement coupled with a flip, etc.
>>
>>37724581
SL is really basic, try greyskull, it's really customizable, or look here http://fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/
that being said, your lifts are pretty novice, unless you're a dwarf
>>
>>37737122
same here, just working on my ankle mobility (try checking out this vid, the band exercise is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E )
and also hamstring and hips mobility, they're motherfuckers.
and slav squats, always those throughout the day
>>37737148
I dont think so.
4 months in and I see some very slight changes, friends compliment me on shoulders/arms. I was skinnyfat
>>
Why does my lower back hurt after squatting sometimes? It's never happened before, but I squatted 215 lb today and now it's kind of sore. I can move and shit but it's just a bit sore in the lower right side.
>>
As a noob skelly looking to get fit, how do you draw the line between a good, hard workout and overtraining?
>>
>>37723909
will taking aspirin effect your gains if youre sore the next day?
>>
What is the better? 5 days or 3, for a strong, agile body?
>>
File: 23426562141.jpg (13 KB, 168x135) Image search: [Google]
23426562141.jpg
13 KB, 168x135
For starting SS, how much should I increase my lifts weekly?
Also, do you guys include the bar when you post your lifts?
>>
>>37731397
>Wants to look like Jackie Chan or Huge Taters

He probably won't, but why discourage the poor asshole. Get him into lifting and he can enjoy some noon gains at least.
>>
>>37737360
Would a push press be comparable, though? I mean you're not using your legs to generate any force in this position.

And I'm talking purely about the pushing. We're assuming the agility to perform the flip is present given a minimum height. The average jump height for males is 16-20 inches, so let's split that difference and say the minimum flip height would be half to 3/4 that.
>>
>>37737359
cutie patootie.
Who is she?
>>
>>37738099
My sister you fucking perv
>>
>>37737901
Everyone always includes the bar. Anyone responding to this telling me I'm wrong is memeing.

In SS you should be increasing your lifts by 5 lbs (2kg) total each time you successfully complete every rep of all of your sets. The two exceptions to this are OHP where you might want to start increasing by 2.5 lbs (1kg) instead of 5lbs when you get around 95lbs, because it uses weaker muscles, so progression is slower, and deadlift where you can probably increase by 10lbs total, but if 10lbs feels like too much you can always do 5lbs total. I suggest reading the actual book, its a great resource.
>>
Beginner DYEL here
So I thought there was a designated spot to deadlift at my gym. It was in the corner, where a free bar always is. I see everyone do them there. Today, the bitch of a staff member told me I was blocking a fire exit and couldn't exercise there. Where the fuck else am I supposed to do them bros?
>>
Been going to the gym for a week now, a few questions:

1) How do I fix my squat? Every time I go down, my heel starts to lift up. I tried doing squats without the bar and the same thing happens.

2)Deadlifts seem easy or somethign weird with them, I googled how to do it and followed them but something still doesn't feel right.

3) I had DOMS after my first 2 gym sessions and today I woke up without any of it, did I just not work out hard enough or am I dead?
>>
My gym only has a smith machine and not a squat rack. How can I use it without snapping my shit up?
>>
>>37738204
Thanks, I recently got the book, but needed a quick answer for that question.
>>
>>37736870
Oh, honey. Let me tell you about a thing called set point theory.
>>
>>37738694
1)ankle mobility or hamstring mobility
2)what weight are you deadlifting? reps?
3)it's normal
>>
File: 1430459164072.png (13 KB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
1430459164072.png
13 KB, 245x246
Is intermittent fasting any good for just pure weight loss? I'm not currently lifting but I am running 3 miles 4 days a week. I am a bit over weight still. I know I would lose some more weight doing it but is it one of those things where it will just come back the second I go back to a more normal eating plan (still healthy but not on the same intermittent schedule)
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28 KB, 643x272) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28 KB, 643x272
>>37738694
1) http://startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf Consult this. It could be the placement of the bar, because you're off balance. Try leaning forward a bit, or keeping the bar in line with your middle foot.
>>
>>37738777
I don't know about weight loss but it's good for the imune system, shit even helps to fight cancer.
>>
>>37738707
get on your back and use it like a leg press
>>37738777
Almst any diet works really. It is all about finding a way to lose weight that you can keep doing. If you like the format of fasting then IF works fine.
>>
>>37738707
goblet squats
>>
>>37738917
Hmm, alright.. so intermittent fasting is defiantly one of those diets that i just need to always do or I will gain a lot of the weight back?
>>
what drinks do you like to drink on a cut?

I'm dying for something other than water but soda, fruit juice and milk are too high in sugar or fat.
>>
>>37739371
water... with lemon
>>
>>37739350
If you go back to your old eating habbits, then obviusly you will also gain the weight back.

Weight loss is about changing your habbits. If you just wanna cut for summer or something, then a diet is great, but if you are trying to stay thin, then you need to do something that doesnt wear off.
>>37739371
Diet soda and tea
>>
Anyone ever used monster as pre-workout?

Im out of c4 and have to wait til i get paid again to get more
>>
>>37723909
What is the thing on training everyday. I do a brosplit and I feel like training every day, especially because I have a lot of time now. Can I go to the gym every day instead of every other days as long as it feels good, and will I get more gains that way? Or will I just be spinning wheels in there/hurting my progress actually?
>>
>>37739479

there's a ton of sugar
you will get fat as fuck
if you want a caffeine boost just drink cofee
>>
>>37739523
One time isn't going to make anyone fat

I aint have any coffee
>>
can anyone recommend a good scale for a decent price?
>>
Stretching with dumbbells; fine or horrible?
>>
So after 3 months of cardio at home I'm walking into an actual gym for the first time on Monday.

I would prefer not to make a complete fool of myself by not knowing how to use the strength training machines so is there a decent video series online that goes over that sort of stuff? I am worried I might sperg out if I have to approach a stranger to ask for help desu.
>>
File: 1466284334898.png (473 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1466284334898.png
473 KB, 660x720
what will happen if I eat like I'm cutting but lift like I'm bulking?

basically I want to lose weight and eating less is very easy for me, but I really hate cardio. will I get some kind of disgusting meme physique?
>>
>>37739371
sugar free iced tea and coffee

lemon lime water
>>
What are the best lat exercises with just dumbbells? I only do one arm bent over rows right now, but are there other exercises I can do to hit lats? I can't do pull ups either because I don't have a bar.
>>
>>37736870
your TDEE is getting lower
>>
>>37736909
I'm stealing that desu senpai
>>
File: shaolin-monk-tips[1].jpg (2 MB, 1200x796) Image search: [Google]
shaolin-monk-tips[1].jpg
2 MB, 1200x796
>>37723909
My question is kinda stupid.
I since hormones kinda make big changes on our body, I was pondering about one thing.

Is it better to do exercise very hyped (more adrenaline and so on) or doing it relaxed and almost meditative?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.