[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being Lean is 10000000% better than being "bulky" or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 1465303027172.png (307 KB, 482x598) Image search: [Google]
1465303027172.png
307 KB, 482x598
former powerlifter, used to use that as an excuse to have high bodyfat. Mind you I was never morbidly obese, I was just one of those built-fat guys.

Being lean is so much better and my lifts have actually went up. I still power lift but I can't tell you how annoying it is to see these guys use their strength as an excuse to be fat. If you try to tell them otherwise, they'll just say some shit like "kek you tryin' to be a pretty boy, faggot?"
>>
>>37700609
To prove this is not a bait or troll thread post vids of your lifts bro.
>>
>>37700609
I disagree. Being lean a shit. You feel constantly cold, irritable, fatigued and you have zero desire to fug. Being 15%bf is optimal.
>>
>>37700661
>You feel constantly cold, irritable, fatigued and you have zero desire to fug.

Kek, you must have low test then, because I literally feel none if these things, except cold. I have a pretty low cold tolerance.

12%-13% bf here by the way.
>>
>>37700661
I don't feel any of this stuff when I'm lean. I'm probably around 13% or so right now, but I've been below 10 and it wasn't bad.
>>
>>37700685
no, pretty high test desu senpai.
>>
>>37700633
This.

Stats and videos. Then I really want to listen.
>>
>not being both big and lean
Frauds ww@
>>
>>37700661
And then women don't find your fat ass attractive
>>
>>37700609

kek you tryin' to be a pretty boy, faggot?
>>
>>37700747
On the contrary, girls love me at 14-15.
>>
>>37700609
you one of those ASMR fags?
I sure am
>>
>>37700633
>>37700717
lmao fatty powerlifters detected.
>>
>>37700633
First post best post
>>
As a powerlifter my only concern is my strength. I dont get why bodybuilders judge how we eat. We eat like this mainly for the purpose of being stronger. Its not some HAES shit at all.

It worries me so many lean guys are so concerned about powerlifters body fat. Its like theyre pojecting some gay fantasy. If you want to get missionaried from a powerlifter just go and ask them. Theyll suck their stomachs in for you while you watch them pound away.
>>
>>37700828
Lmao week dyel detected
>>
>>37700937
>We eat like this mainly for the purpose of being stronger.

That's just not correct. Being fat != strength. You're fat because you don't have discipline. There are a handful of powerlifters that aren't fat and that's sad. It's a community filled with obese people that make up excuses for their eating habits. You lose.
>>
>>37700953
This.

See Candito
>>
If your lifts went up when you got lean; you weren't a powerlifter

You were a fat fuck using the guise
>>
>>37700967

Candito is pretty lean and he eats like shit.
>>
>>37700967

Except my bench is over 70 kg more than canditos best.
>>
>>37700979
and even he has stated he performs better when he eats healthy
>>
>>37700609
>"kek you tryin' to be a pretty boy, faggot?"
literally never happened

your just projecting your insecurities about the reason you've chosen to be lean
vanity
nothing wrong with it
>>
>>37700953
What does fat mean? Define it further.

If you think that bodyweight has no impact on strength then you never bulked and cut afterwards in your life.
>>
>>37700991
typical power lifter delusion. It did happen and it happens frequently. You lose.
>>
>>37700999
bodyweight doesn't have to come from excess bodyfat. Once you move towards 15%+ bodyfat, you're getting fat. That's just the truth. You don't need anything higher than 15% bodyfat for power lifting.
>>
When do you know you're big enough to cut?

I really really really wanna see my abs and take pics for tinder but I don't wanna be to small when I do.
>>
The powerlifting community is literally a meme.

Oly lifters are true lifters desu.

Most of them are thick, tight, and solid. Not just fat
>>
>>37700991
I've seen shit flinging from both sides of the fence to be honest. People call aesthetic lifters vain fruity faggots and people call power lifters fat undisciplined fucks.
>>
>>37701018
Exactly. Power lifters are just non-athletic, failed Olympic lifters.
>>
>>37701014
What do you mean "you don't need?" As non competing hobby lifter?
I agree.

As ambition, IPF competing, tall dude? Yes, you fucking need more.
>>
>>37701029
Aesthetic fags being vain isn't a problem at all.

They just tend to have shitty form, absolutely no clue of programming but yet take a lot of pride in knowing how to count calories.
>>
>>37701042
>What do you mean "you don't need?" As non competing hobby lifter?

The notion that high bodyfat = more power is a meme and a lie. Anything above 15% bodyfat isn't aiding in your overall strength. Adding more bodyfat isn't going to make your bench press skyrocket.

>>37701042
Bodyfat distribution is different for tall people and they can get away with eating more calories as it disperses over the entire frame. But with that said, even tall guys don't need to break the threshhold of 15% bodyfat to lift at a competitive, or even impressive (for regular gym stuff) level. Stating otherwise is just a lie spread by people who love eating tons of food and refuse to diet.
>>
>>37701058
My form wasn't great before my first injury, but I learned the hard way. I'd rather lift 20% less weight with perfect form than toss around big numbers and make no progress. I also just get all my programs from a buddy who's got a master's in this sort of stuff.
>>
>>37701079
I am not sure if you are trolling.

Do you want to tell me that you, anon, have more knowledge about the effects of increased bodyweight than top coaches such as sheiko?

I really hope you are trolling.

Can you explain my what exactly qualifies you on this matter so much that you can give an opinion that contradicts with the experiences of the best lifter and coaches on the world?
>>
>>37701105
What do you mean "perfect form"? You mean you had EPG measurement done and compared completely flat-backed bench presses to non-excessive arched ones?

What do you bench? Just curious here, weight / height?
>>
>>37701112
If you follow the notion that more body fat = more power and strength, then we don't need to continue this argument.
>>
>>37701150
Everyone that has ever achieved anything in the upper weight classes of IPF powering is following this notion.

Arguing against that is you, who never has achieved anything in terms of strength training.
Who do I believe? Hmmm.
>>
>>37701135
I mean within reason man c'mon. I spent a lot of time studying form and got my buddy to walk me through it and form check me. It's not perfect I guess, but it's better than it was.

I can't really bench much right now, as I mentioned further up I injured myself. One of the big places was left shoulder and I ignored it long enough to create big imbalances that I'm working to correct right now. I can't go above 1 plate currently without my shoulder hurting and my physio said I just have to suck it up for now. 6'4 180ish.
>>
>>37701190
If that were the case then morbidly obese individuals would be the most powerful people on the planet. Even if you take a look at world record holders in power lifting, they hold a large portion of muscle mass with 15% - 20% bodyfat on the HIGH end. Then you take a guy like Dan Green who's very strong and also very lean and it doesn't hurt his strength progression at all. You don't need to be fat to be strong. It's a lie that so many have fallen for.
>>
File: 1465570511645.png (2 MB, 688x1450) Image search: [Google]
1465570511645.png
2 MB, 688x1450
yeah the "athletic" bf range is GOAT

why would you not try to be that all the time?

unless you're literally top 1% in your sport the extra fat isn't gonna help that much.

like this or a bit leaner
>>
>>37701215
I am not sure why you are bringing up Dan Green when we are talking about powerlifting (hint: being in the IPF is a prerequisite for that).

Morbidly obese people aren't the strongest because they lack muscle, obviously.
What kind of argument is this even, are you retarded?

This way I could say muscle don't contribute to strength because pro body builder aren't the strongest people on earth.

This kind of argument makes me think that you really aren't smart at all.
>>
>>37701297
Meant for
>>37701219
>>
>>37701297
So answer this for me, are you saying that if a male has a large amount of muscle mass, the higher his body fat gets, the better? Are you saying that powerlifters should strive to get as much body fat as possible? Please define what you believe is the adequate amount of body fat a power lifter should have.

>Morbidly obese people aren't the strongest because they lack muscle, obviously.
>This way I could say muscle don't contribute to strength because pro body builder aren't the strongest people on earth.

You seem to be contradicting yourself or misunderstanding how strength works. Strength, although reliant on muscle mass, can achieved at a world-class level without looking like a bodybuilder. This stems from various factors like muscle fiber recruitment (fast twitch, slow twitch, etc.) and the strength of the nervous system/cardiovascular health. Both of these latter factors actually suffer when you put on excessive body fat which reduces the amount of strength and output you can produce, so your argument is flawed.

I'm actually leaving to go train and do cardio, lol, but have a nice day. Glad to see you were mature enough to start calling me names as opposed to providing valid data that supports your claims.
>>
>>37700609
agree, it's also much harder getting and staying lean than lifting "heavy"
>>
File: 1466338020421.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1466338020421.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
>>37700609
Being lean (single digit bf%) and musclebound is the best, it's definitely worth getting big until you know for a fact that when you cut you'll actually have muscle first. Also being strong is always good (but not as important as looking good).
t. dyel phag who cut too early for summer and has no tris, bulking now until I hit at least 1/2/3/4 each for 5. Once I hit that and my arms are big enough for all my shirts to look tight on me then I'll go full /aesthetics/.
>>
>>37701353
I have pointed you to a large group of people that support my claims, free for you to check out at any time.

You miss understood my analogy, completely.

I am not saying more is more endlessly. I am saying that many people rock more than 15% and are doing best with it, figuring it out through personal experience.
If more made them even stronger than they would go for more.

It's as easy as that.
>>
>>37701473
He was too vascular for his bodyfat here. He was clearly on substances to get the veins to come out. You don't see the cuts in his chest or quads because his conditioning, by bodybuilding standards. Thank you Lui Marco for corrupting me.
>>
>>37701215
Let's be really honest here: Can you, a young, healthy and weight training male really be happy with the thought that a skinny, natural WOMAN with a real flat back setup outbenches you by a lot?

I mean, it was another sport or something, like a runner or whatever. But you and her are literally doing the same: lifting heavy weights.

And it's not even the comparison that I am talking about.
It's the fact that you are training with weights for years and yet remain so incredibly far underneath your body's potential, lifting with non challenging weights, inconsiderate workout plans that have absolutely no depth apart from "pump" and zero form optimization?

You can be lean and do proper strength training at the same time.
That makes you respectable and moves you out of the aesthetic fag group.
Because everything i described above equals being an aesthetic fag.
>>
>>37700661

15% isnt overweight by any stretch of the imagination

i'd say most rugby players are around 15%, the ones who look good anyway
>>
>>37700937
>As a powerlifter

youre not a powerlifer. youre just fat.

post vids of your lifts if u want to continue
>>
File: haack.jpg (84 KB, 354x826) Image search: [Google]
haack.jpg
84 KB, 354x826
This man just totaled 1776lbs in competition weighing 83kg.

notice that he is not a fat shit

fat shits

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
>>
>>37700661
What, isn't being low bf good for better erection quality, more energy and better sex drive?
>>
>>37701674
Gonna be honest with you man, I'm mostly in it for the looks and the enjoyment of the exercise. Benching one plate or 3 doesn't really make a difference to me as long as I enjoy my workouts and I keep improving visually.

I don't care at all what other people are lifting. I go in, do my own thing, maybe socialize a bit and leave. Having said that I might be starting a strength program soon, but that's more just for variety's sake than any desire to put up bigger numbers. I've done PPL for a long time now and I could use a change.
>>
>>37701738
You aren't even lifting.

Post pics of you and videos of your lifts before we continue
>>
>>37701764
If you can enjoy investing so much time into shallowly peforming a hobby, then it probably really is best for you if you just keep doing it that way. In the end it's all about personal enjoyment.

But to be honest, the reason we have this thread is because of people that train like you, but cannot handle the results, if you get what I mean.
>>
>>37701759
That depends on what you see as lean.

<10% lean is what anon was talking about, I guess.
>>
File: 1425619705133[2].png (336 KB, 800x828) Image search: [Google]
1425619705133[2].png
336 KB, 800x828
>>37700609

being lean enough to wear slim jeans is GOAT. you can still squat ~315 and wear em slim with defined legs.

being "muh powerlifter", "muh strength", "muh beastmode" is retarded lmfao. you get good at moving a bar up and down a few inches - doesnt make you good at fighting, doesnt let you wear fashionable clothes....even bitches dont give af about your numbers. the only people who care are you... and your ego
>>
File: 1409513867810.jpg (11 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
1409513867810.jpg
11 KB, 209x241
>>37700812
oh my god I wouldn't have noticed that was dr darling until you pointed that out.
wow, she's hot as fuck
>>
>>37701797
I think I get what you're saying. If I wanted to get big and put up big numbers I know how to do that, but what I'm doing now has me looking the way I want to look. I value my vanity more than I do an extra plate on my lifts. I guess that's pretty much the definition of shallow so I don't take any offense at you describing it as such. It's like the difference between doing cardio for health and losing weight vs training for a marathon. I don't have anything against the latter, but it's not what I'm in it for.
>>
File: 1463722174588.jpg (88 KB, 748x748) Image search: [Google]
1463722174588.jpg
88 KB, 748x748
>>37701829
>>
>>37700609
>Being lean is so much better and my lifts have actually went up
You were a shit tier powerlifter then.
>>
>>37702480
Where did you get the pic from? It's not on her Instagram?
>>
>>37700795
>being this fucking delusional
>>
>>37701811
>the only people who care are you... and your ego

>Implying that the opinion of anyone else matters, GTFO normie
>>
>>37700609
You probable ate like shit when you were a "powerlifter." So when you cut down you ate properly and did cardio like you were supposed to. No wonder you felt better.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.