[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1462272419997.png (291 KB, 800x932) Image search: [Google]
1462272419997.png
291 KB, 800x932
Other ones about dead

>Can I add accessories to SS

>How do you traps/competetors/shave fags manage to not have bumps and ingrown hairs on your thighs?
>>
>>37694062
>[x question about ss]
read the book
>>
>>37694062
shave with the grain, then across the grain, then against the grain. use an older razor that isn't super sharp, just like you should with pubes/balls/shaft. sounds counter-intuitive, but it works.
>>
If I do the dumb bell variant of the bench press will my gains be the same as if I used a barbell?
>>
I just cant seem to progress on bench.
Im at 62,5kg now, but i just cant get any higher without failing and having to do the roll of shame.

How can i get stronger when i cant push myself?
>>
>From the last thread:
I'm pretty new to all this so some of the vernacular is lost on me but for my macros my carbs are 0.5 BW and protein is hovering just below 1.0 BW then fats to fill in the calorie count. I haven't been counting calories too closely but it's somewhere around 1800. (I'm 6'3" 200lb, probably about 17% BF)

My goal is to get to sub 10% BF and be able to squat my BW for reps by the end of the summer.

Does this check out?
>>
High protein, high fat, carbs only from veg. Is this a suitable diet for cutting or bulking as long as you hit calorie goals?
>>
This a good split?
I added some wrist work and skullcrushers.
Its been pretty intense so far.
http://content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/
>>
I did SL and now have been on GSLP for a while, but I'm struggling to make progress on squat/dead even after deloads without hurting myself (like my back hurting ever so slightly when i move it in certain ways). Obviously I need to fix my form, but should I also move to a slower progressing program?

My goals are mostly to get stronger, but also to look good. Not necessarily trying to become a competitive powerlifter, nor a bodybuilder, but hitting 1/2/3/4 before the end of this year or early next and being ottermode or something would make present-me happy.

I'm ~160 pounds, 5'8" or 5'9", and recently did:
squat: 205 for 8, front squat: 150 for 10, conventional DL: 215 for 7, bench: 145 for 5, OHP: 95 for 5, pendlay row: 120 for 8
>>
>>37694062
>>Can I add accessories to SS
you can add whatever you want, but it is unnecessary and can potentially make your progress worse. your focus while doing SS should be on getting form right and getting stronger on the main exercises as quickly as possible. that will give you the greatest return of investment in terms of size and strength gains. everything else is just a distraction. you will NOT become more "aesthetic" by adding isolation work on SS, you'll just waste time.
>>
>>37696545
I think you should be able to hit that goal with the information provided. If you're new then you can absolutely still make noob strength gains on a cut, and losing weight will obviously make getting a BW squat easier (assuming you're doing something like SL).
>>
>>37696545
typically you set the protein and fat and then vary the carbs, but for what you're doing it's not important.

squatting your own BW for reps is super easy to achieve and I doubt you'll have trouble with it. I'm not sure you'll get below 10% by the end of summer
>>
>>37696604
it's not really possible to answer your question because your post implies that your progressed has stopped because you hurt your back with bad form. we can't give you a routine that fixes that problem, you either need to work harder on form or find a coach.
>>
>>37696585
kek
>>
>>37696641
Fair enough. I am looking into getting a coach to help me with the form issues.

Do you think it's "normal" for people around my size to stop progressing so quickly around these weights?
>>
>>37696464
Oh hey I just passed this weight today
For my part, I was too slow on the downward path, and held too long up top, horrible energy conservation on my part, basically doing negative reps plus my regular ones.
So uh, make sure you're not doing that.
>>
>>37696464
Bench more and introduce periodisation. If you bench three times a week, perhaps have one day doing sets of 3, one doing sets of 5, one doing sets of 10. Try dips or close grip bench as accessories. Get a 1kg ankle weight or microplates to progress with a smaller increment.
>>
as I reach the bottom of my squat, low bar, there seems to be a loss of tension in my hips. I'll pass a particular point and go down faster than I had previously been lowering myself.
What's up with that, do I need to fix that, how do I fix it?
>>
>>37696665
You're roughly at the weights where you can no longer make gains just by doing whatever you feel like in terms of consistency, diet, form etc. So yeah, it's "normal" for people with some glaring problems in their training to start struggling at those weights. I've seen it many times, and usually it's related to diet.
>>
When I work out and use my arms a lot (so all kinds of curls, presses etc) what hurts is my bones and not really my arm muscles. Am I doing something wrong or is it normal and my muscles need to catch up, so to speak?
>>
>>37696721
Sadly I think mine is mostly about form or maybe sleep, but to be sure, do you think it's okay for me to be

eating 2600-2700 cals on weekdays, on which I usually walk 2.5 miles each day and lift on three of them
eating 2400 cals on weekends, on which I don't do much physical activity
the macros are like 150-200g protons depending on the day, 340-380g carbs, 60-70g fat.

I know the calorie counts seem low, but I'm stating lower bounds here because I eat a lot of random shit that I don't know how to count while I'm at work or out on the weekends basically everyday so total cals are probably more along the lines of 2.7-3k a day, no idea on the macros though
>>
How atrocious for your health is an all nighter. I have an absolutely fucked sleeping schedule and am currently awake at almost 6am. Didn't lift this weekend but was planning to tomorrow and day after. Will it really affect me if just this once I stay up all day to help reset my schedule?
>>
What do I do when I pinch my shoulders back like you're supposed to on bench but my shoulder still hurts during and after?
>>
Started doing deadlifts and i've been doing 3x3 and 3x5 sets depending on the day. How long do you think i'll see noob gainz for it?
>>
Doing SS and looking to gain weight

How much weight should I be gaining per month? Can anybody give me a ballpark figure?

I went from 66kg to 72kg (145lbs to 159lbs) and I'm about a month into the program.
>>
>>37696942
Sleep is absolutely vital to your recovery and well-being in general.

But here's a different perspective. You want to build muscle which requires energy (calories). However, when you are awake and active you use more energy than when you sleep. Therefore, when you pull an all-nighter, you are using all the energy that could be contributing to your muscle growth to stay awake for (I'm guessing) no good reason.
>>
>>37696464
What program are you on? For example, if you're on SS/SL, you could go to texas method, if you're on texas method, you could go to 5/3/1. That's in the case of a programming issue. Before doing that, just try to eat more and maybe just add volume.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160626-120642.png (76 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160626-120642.png
76 KB, 1080x1920
Does this look ok for a slight cut?
>>
>>37694093
Strength, no. Size, probably just as good if not better. You should do both anyway.
>>
>>37697119

unnecessary amount of protein

replace a bit with fat or carbs, whichever is the most tactically appropriate for you
>>
>>37697075
true, but if I pull this all nighter I can fix my sleep schedule so that I can actually sleep the nights of lifting and rest this week. Thats the reason Im doing it in the first place.
>>
>>37697119
200 g of protein? What's your reasoning?
>>
>>37697088
Im doing Phraks greyskull.
>>
>>37694062

You can add accessories.
I would suggest weighted Pull ups, Dips and Chin - ups .

For the latter - get your thighs waxed and put coconut oil on it afterwards.
>>
>>37697088

>5/3/1 with a 62.5 kg bench

c'mon mate, it's an intermediate program and wouldn't make sense with that weight

the real answer is deloading, working on form, possibly changing grip width and adding in exercises for the weak part of the lift

also eating more

i'd wager form though, bad form in my case cuts like 10 kg off of my workset since i can't balls out push the bar up as hard
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 750x1334
Ultra skinnyfat dyel here, I'm just paranoid that if I actually get /fit/ I'll still have terrible chest insertions

from 1-10 how shit are the insertions?
>>
>large bowl oatmeal with pp and fruit
>3 scrambled eggs

Is this a good breakfast?
>>
>>37697526
It's literally impossible to tell because you have little to no mass in your chest and your bodyfat is too high.
>>
>>37696789
Work on your mind-muscle connection. Might have to lower the weights a little bit, but it's better in the long run.
>>
>>37697550
ya

>>37697526
>attention whoring
shit insertions look better on a jacked body than a twink.

>>37697050
generally 0.5-1lb/week is standard before fat gain starts becoming unwarrented - higher if your skellyman mode

>>37696985
if you're squatting with any kind of frequency then probably not for too long. if not then 4-6 months is a general guideline for how long LP tends to last, though obviously it can differ.

>>37696968
pull your shoulder blades back and down and tuck your elbows a bit when you bench.

you may just have banged up shoulders that need to recover before you can push the weight on pressing exercises. consider deloading and double checking your form.

>>37697278
one night won't kill you. and fixing your schedule would be more important in the long run.

just don't do a significant workout before you pull an all nighter.

>>37696716
depends what it looks like - some people lose tension because they're 'fishing for depth' and they round their lower back to try get a2g. if thats you then you should stop the squat before you lose tension

if its an unconscious decision to get some 'bounce' out of the hole, but the squat looks fine otherwise then this is totally fine.
>>
My friend told me that I should foam roll my muscles before any exercise.

Is this good or bad ?
>>
I've left a gym a bit behind after exams + some festivals and now that I'm coming back to it I'm really struggling too much to get back to my max's. Also, I'm getting surprisingly tired real quick.

Any tips on "recovery"?
>>
Do we have any bodyweight thread here?
>>
Will cardio help me with "running ants" feel in my leg after taking a shit?
>>
Dumb question, but with intermittent fasting, are you supposed to count the hours you normally sleep (like 12:00 AM to 5 AM) or not?
>>
>>37697850
That's retarded. Foam roll after or on off days
>>
>>37698035
Consistently go to the gym and eat quality food while getting enough rest
>>
>>37698233
wew lad there's nothing wrong with some foamrolling before heavylifting
especially thoracic spine etc
foamrolling isn't the same as static stretching
>>
File: 239991.p.jpg (49 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
239991.p.jpg
49 KB, 550x413
>>37694062
I have a benign tremor, and my muscles shake slightly every time I use them (arms tremor when using bench press, etc). Will this effect my ability to lift/get big?
>>
>>37698173
you get tingles in your leg after taking a shit (from the pressure?) see a doc
>>
File: Heath_Ledger_Speedos_1.jpg (114 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
Heath_Ledger_Speedos_1.jpg
114 KB, 490x700
Didn't register in my head that this thread was a QTDDTOT. Anyway:

I'm kind of fat.

My goal: All I want is a none flabby, firm body. And non-visually, I want to have a lot of stamina.

My question: Will doing cardio and eating at a deficit alone be sufficient to achieve this humble goal?

Pic related. Can what Ien tinned be enough to get this from skinny fat?
>>
>>37696942
It's not that bad. It will spike your cortisol and therefore plummet your Test, but it's not like you won't bounce back once you get a good night's sleep.
>>
>>37698271
nah son, lifting is good for you
not so sure about heavy lifting though
maybe stay in 8-12 rep range
does it effect your balance much? do you feel unsure when you bench/etc?
>>
>>37698296
The tremor doesn't really effect my form (I don't think), the only thing I feel unsure about is how little I can bench (55lb)
>>
>>37696968
What kind of warmup routine are you doing? You should do a full body warmup that gets your blood pumping and all your joints loose and relaxed. You also shouldn't let yourself cool down between sets.

If it still hurts, go back down in weight until it doesn't hurt and work your way back up again making sure to put your shoulder through it's full range of motion before and after. You could have a minor muscle tear or something that needs some rehab and you shouldn't push it.
>>
>>37698322
just lift as heavy as you feel sure about
maybe see a sportsphysio about weight training (a proper one that sees a lot of athletes), maybe he has some tips
>>
>>37698338
Thanks
>>
If I'm training to join the military should i be focusing on aerobic or anaerobic cardio? I need to drop a few pounds too
>>
Regular push ups 3xF
Pull ups 3xF
Crunches 3xF
DB sumo squat 3x10

Is this enough to avoid skinny fat when losing weight? It's very minimalist and lazy but what can I say. Is it enough?
>>
>>37698372
>Crunches 3xF
Waste of time. Try planks instead at least.
>>
>>37698283
It is still suggested to do some other types of exercise. Get a good bodyweight program if you don't want to get into lifting.
>>
File: 1466730972404.jpg (43 KB, 472x596) Image search: [Google]
1466730972404.jpg
43 KB, 472x596
>>37694062

How many calories do I burn while doing barbell and pullups for 60-70minutes with rest between sets?

Trying to start a cut but got no idea how to count for the lifting.
>>
>>37698353
Aerobic for military, anaerobic of dropping weight. Look at the run times to complete the fitness tests and you have your goal. You need satisfactory to stay in/get past boot camp, but good is what you want to push for.
>>
>>37698276
Well, I think I'm sitting on a vein/artery because as soon I stood up, I got this feel
>>
>>37698372
Try not to do anything to failure, it's not really something to do with physical, it's more mental. When you're going to failure you can usually say "this is fine, I'll stop here", but with set rep numbers you tell yourself you have to push it that extra little bit. Failure is good for a last set.
>>
File: 1466351430107.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1466351430107.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
Plz help /fit.

I've had the herpes for a few years now and I'm in the middle of a severe outbreak. I feel a bit feverish but really want to work out. Sitting at home resting has made me realize that I am completely friendless with no life whatsoever - what should I do? Should I workout and risk getting worse, but curing the feels, or just rest for another week waiting for it to pass wallowing in my suicidal thoughts?

> i b4 kys
>>
>>37698283
eat at a deficit, cardio and bodyweight
>>
How long should I do greyskull? I started with SS last year and memed myself unfit again
>>
>>37696789
Yes you do curls
>>
>>37696606
Don't give advice here anymore.
>>
>>37698950
until it stops working

>>37698617
if you're feverish then working out definitely has the chance of running you deeper into your sickness.

if the only thing you feel you can do/want to do is go to the gym, then you can go but do something different and do it light so you don't impede your recovery from the fever

>>37698459
no idea, nor does anyone else really (with any certainty anyway).

the point of counting calories is more about getting a decent guess, then trial and error while measuring your weight/size/whatever - aim for 1lb/week loss for example, and adjust your diet to achieve that. you won't be able to pinpoint your exact TDEE.

>>37698372
don't expect to be building any significant muscle or reaching any impressive numbers like 3x100 push ups. why not just go to a gym and do a proper routine?

>>37698176
ya

>>37698173
theoretically to a degree. stop taking such long shits

>>37698047
there's sometimes a bwg floating about but theres never anything significant in them - it's just bodyweight training after all :^)

you can just ask questions here

>>37698035
your previous max is no longer your current max. the best way is to ignore those numbers and train for them again like you did before - they'll come back easy.

>>37697850
only in specific cases where you need to release a tight muscle to hit correct positioning is foam rolling beforehand a good idea. otherwise you're better off leaving it as doing too much ends up being detrimental to your lifts

you can foam roll later or on off days.
>>
>>37698459
You don't count. Use a TDEE calculator. Start there. It's only an estimate though. From there, adjust your intake on real world results. You should lose about 1 to 1.5 lbs a week, more if you're fat as fatass. Calculators only get you in the ballpark. If you haven't lost any weight after a few weeks, then your intake is still too high.
>>
>>37698950
Until it stops working despite consistent training and good rest and nutrition.
>>
which were the ratios of the following lifts?

OHP/BP/ROW/SQ/DL
1/2/2.5/3/4?

it can cause injuries if my lifts are unproporcional to this ratios or is just a help?
>>
>>37700131
Where did this 2.5x row come from? The ratios are just rough observations :(agar people end up with. Though the 1 plate ohp is a little low.
>>
>>37700168
i saw the 2.5x row a while ago in some posts but it may be my imagination
>>
>>37699678
Thanks anon, will take a rest week so that I don't get more sick. Will read a book and log off of 4chan so I don't get the feels.
>>
anyone have experience with green drink powders as a source of nutrients? they seem like a good idea on paper but I'm looking for some actual feedback. I don't really trust the opinions of websites that review/sell this kind of product. patriots powder green seems like the best product available from what I've seen, any other recommendations?
>>
File: hahha.png (464 KB, 534x489) Image search: [Google]
hahha.png
464 KB, 534x489
Should i be worried about salmon mercury poisoning if eat a filet of 3 times a week or even once a day?

Also how much should my diet change between the days i'm lifting and the days i'm not. I'm clean bulking.
>>
File: 1439586747518.jpg (37 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1439586747518.jpg
37 KB, 480x720
Completely unrelated, i know, but is it true that mares have insane muscle control in their vagina? I need to know for...... reasons.
>>
can I do planks everyday?
>>
File: Aziz Light.jpg (94 KB, 299x500) Image search: [Google]
Aziz Light.jpg
94 KB, 299x500
Doing SL in week 3 and all the lifts are somewhat challenging to my dyel self, but the bench is like nothing as I have done pushups in my lifetime. QUESTION: is it OK to add maybe 10 lbs every bench until the bench "catches up" with the rest in terms of having to exert myself? I have been following the program to the letter so far. Thanks!
>>
>>37703096
absolutely, add weights until all the exercises are equally challenging. but don't ego lift and don't sacrifice good form for that additional 10 lbs
>>
>>37699678
>>37700027
thanks senpai
>>
>>37703231
Thanks. I promise I won't ego lift.
>>
>>37700393
If I can remember correctly
1 x bw OHP
1.5 x bw bench
2 x bw diddy
2.5 x bw atg
>>
>>37703096
>>37703231
Just got back. Adding 10 lbs for a whopping 65 lb bench was still easy, but it wasn't "toss the bar at the ceiling" easy. I think maybe another 10 lbs next time will be good.

And on a side note, today was the first time I didn't need to use the hand rail going down the stairs and my 1/2 mile walk home was almost jaunty instead of limping. I'm sure I haven't put on any muscle in two plus weeks, so are these the "neural gains" I'm hearing about?

Oh, and bonus question: my current days are Sun, Tues, Thurs, and I just obv did Sun. I'll be working late Tues and early Weds, so is it kosher that I push my days to Weds and Fri for this week only? Then I'd go back to Sun, Tues, Thurs the next week. Thanks again!
>>
>>37698617
Take l-lysine
>>
>>37700936
No don't worry about it, you already have it so no point worrying about it now
>>
I need neck gains. I need to thicken up my neck, I already give Blow jobs alot but that's sort of neck cardio
>>
How do I get a bearded lumberjack looking bf if I'm a 5'10" fem twink
>>
My left hand has been hurting since I woke up.
When I woke up, whenever I would squeeze my hand or open it, it would be painful throughout my whole hand. Right now, it doesn't hurt a lot, but the bone towards my thumb hurts and the bridge between my pinky finger and ring finger.
What is the cause of this?
Does it have to do with my wrist injury I got about 3 weeks ago?
>>
Ever since i switched from concentration curls to bb curls, my wrists and forearms have been in so much pain that i'm making wbsokutely no progress in bicep isolation exercises. If anything, i'm regressing.

I'm having issues with pull exercises in general. I was on an upper lower split but recently switched to PPL to see if this would help, but on push day my right forearm literally went numb doing dips. And the next pull day, my right forearm was so shot from bb curls i couldn't effectively finish my workout. Wtf gives?
>>
What brand of protein powder do you guys use?
>>
>>37704154
you are overthinking everything bro
>>
File: image.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4 MB, 320x240
Is there any specific plus to super setting the same muscle group in a fashion where the first workout is heavy with low reps moving to a light weight workout with high reps?
Heavy Arnold Press to Light Lateral Raises
>RUN FORREST RUN
>>
>>37704154
Are you counting the bar
>>
i just worked out for 9 consecutive days and still made progress, can i continue going with no rest days?

i believe my recovery abilities to be almost superhuman, given the rate at which i've recovered from a major injury. doctors kept telling me i was ahead of the curve.
>>
File: skoomin.jpg (138 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
skoomin.jpg
138 KB, 800x533
I used to drink a bit of coffee every morning for the boost and because it suppressed my appetite. I'm on a cut now and I liked how I could buzz all morning through lunch on coffee, but my body reacts badly to it (anxiety, shakiness) and I no longer wish to consume coffee. Is there anything else that's a bit of an appetite suppressant that isn't coffee..... or meth?
>>
Is one day of rest alright?

I am on a weird schedule and I'm choosing to go Wednesday-Saturday and I'm only working on upper body at the moment. 2 push and 2 pull days.
>>
>>37707574
cigarettes
>>
>>37707613
I have asthma. I'd probably die.
>>
>>37704462
Dude, holy shit, thank you so much. I think there is piss all I can do because this outbreak is almost over but I was really worried about what may have caused it. I've been eating an excess of peanuts and sunflower seeds and I think that triggered it. I eat a lot of nuts (usually almonds and cashews), but I think the peanut specifically is what did me in. Gonna find me some l-lysine and try and use that in the future.
>>
>>37706725
Yes
>>
File: Navy Seal routine.png (2 MB, 1856x4584) Image search: [Google]
Navy Seal routine.png
2 MB, 1856x4584
What is better? Training 3 times a week or 5?

SS/Greyskulls are only 3 days, so i'm confused, and i also don't know which one to follow.

Can i add this alternative routine or it's ''overtraining'' to the regular routine?
>pic related

Should i do SS/Greyskulls, follow dudebro gym personal trainer's programs, or Zyzz/similar routines i find online to bodies i desire? I'm a fatty. Already on diet.
>>
spooky scary lanketon here, what is the best way to make both strength gains and visible size gains?
>>
Does cardio + not lifting = skinny fat mode or skinny non-flabby mode? Assuming you start skinny fat/fat and are on a deficit, doing something like regular swimming
>>
>>37707842
The answer to every question in your post is "it depends on your goals." That said, SS and GSLP are time-tested beginner routines and until you know what you're doing and what your goals actually are, you should stick with one of those.
Also, at this stage most of your energy should be focused into fixing your diet.
>>
So when going on a cut how do you change your routine?

I don't see how working out for strength works, do you guys do endurance/hypertrophy training?
>>
Posted in dead thread.
What is the proper breathing technique for deadlifts?
I recently tried a PR and it honestly felt like I almost gave myself a hernia on my adonis belt. I think it's from holding my breath the whole way through = too much pressure? I see a lot of mixed results when googling
>>
>>37708293
Read the sticky.
>>
File: Archievening body perfection.jpg (784 KB, 1389x2420) Image search: [Google]
Archievening body perfection.jpg
784 KB, 1389x2420
>>37708390
This is basically my goal. If not natty, than the nattier i can to get to this. I have a naturally thick frame. GSLP is Greyskull, right? And my diet was given my a sports nutritionist, full of proteins,necessery carbs and such. I just need now the correct routine. I want such asthetic, strenght and endurance.
>>
If I go a day where I eat 40,000 calories, my body wouldn't convert all that into energy. How much would my body keep and how much would become waste.
>>
>>37708710
How the fuck would you consume 40,000 calories?
Drinking gasoline?
>>
>>37708368
Bump
>>
Im doing PPL at the moment, should I do 3x5, 5x5 or 3x10 for bench
>>
>>37694062
I want to add in direct ab/core work, so I chose to start putting hanging knee raises in, with the intent to work up to hanging leg raises. Only issue is, when I'm hanging from the bar, I swing around a shitload. How can I prevent this? Is there a certain aspect of form I'm missing?

Also, best way of tracking progress on a cut? Should I weight and measure bodyfat every week? Every fortnight? I need to make sure this cut actually stays on track and works, unlike my last cut.
>>
>>37708710
>>37708730

40,000 calories =/= 40,000 Calories
>>
File: file.png (359 KB, 435x470) Image search: [Google]
file.png
359 KB, 435x470
Are there any exercises to help naturally correct (or help prevent pain from) a 10 degree upper thoracic spine curvature? The curve is directly between my shoulder blades.

I get intense pain when standing still for longer than 10 or 20 minutes and also when I sit down in a chair without perpendicular pressure on my shoulder blades.
>>
>>37696968
Do face pulls
>>
>>37708391
Strength training is probably the best. Don't expect hypertrophy on a cut and endurance will only drain your energy.
Big heavy comings on the other hand will help preserve muscle.
Outside of lifting you can do conditioning work like sprints etc.
>>
>>37709096
Compounds*
>>
File: BobPage.png (296 KB, 515x510) Image search: [Google]
BobPage.png
296 KB, 515x510
>>37694062
>doing this ab roller thing on straight legs
>figuratively shit myself on 12th rep
>now feeling discomfort in pelvis area

Is this hernia? Although I don't see any bumps yet.
>>
Multiple QTDDTOTs
Pls rate:
>>37709556
>>
Anyone use BodBot to make routines? What are your opinions of the routines it gives you, and have you had success over time?
>>
>>37698417
Planks are literally waste of time for duration.
>>
>>37694062
You're SUPPOSED to add accessories to SS after the first few weeks. It's in the book.
>>
>bench 115kg 5x5
>1 day all plates are gone
>weeks later plates still aren't back
I've been doing 5x5 for a year. Right now I'm only doing db flat bench now, 50lbs 3x10 - will this be enough for hypertrophy if done 3 times a week? Will I still be able to bench 2pl8 sooner or later?
>>
Seriously though, any way to grow my dick?
>>
>>37694062
How much protein is it really necessary to eat per day when lifting?
>>
I have a question that the sticky didn't really make clear. My main goal is to gain muscle weight, which I imagined would be easy since I don't have very much body fat, but, what exactly is the difference between gaining muscle and fat? They both require a caloric surplus and I'm sure you can't grow muscles without gaining at least SOME fat, but how do I maximize muscle growth while minimizing fat gains? Does it have to do mainly with timing as in I should be eating like a hambeast only after working out, because that's when muscle repair occurs? Or should I just be eating to gain weight round the clock?
>>
>>37711193
you gain both at the same time. that's why it's called "cacoon mode" or bulking. you look ugly and fat, and then once you're done bulking gaining fat and muscle you shed it and turn into a beautiful (no homo) butterfly.

as long as you're breaking the muscle fibers and you're giving them enough nutrients to repair, you're gaining muscle.
>>
>>37711193
>how do I maximize muscle growth while minimizing fat gains?
you lift, eat an appropriate amount of calories and enough protein.

what you're talking about is called nutrient partitioning (i.e. does the extra energy get stored as fat or protein). you can read more about it here:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/calorie-partitioning-part-1.html/
>>
>>37711219
So on any given day that I'm not breaking down muscle fiber, does any caloric surplus basically turn into fat? Or does muscle repair extend beyond just a single day?
>>
>>37711175

I think the 1g/lb of body weight is too much and overblown. Even if you just say 1g/per lbm. I aim for .5g of protein per lb. usually go over that but don't stress about getting massive amounts, it's really unnecessary
>>
>>37711263
your body will repair muscle for weeks after you lift. mainly ~3 days is when most of it gets repaired but it still grows for weeks. you should always be eating at a surplus if you want to gain weight.
>>
Going to the gym for the first time tomorrow. What do I do? They got a trainer and stuff, should I listen to him or do what /fit/ says?
Do you guys change at the gym or do you already wear your outfit and change at home?
Why do I need to bring a towel?
>>
>>37711247
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.
>>
Doing ohp as a part of SS, second week. Should I be advancing by 2.5 lbs increments?
>>
my gym's leg press machine (hammer strength) doesn't have a bench that slides back and forth to adjust - you can only change the angle of the back rest. this leaves your hips in the same location.

this doesn't really bother me, as i fit the machine fine, but i'm wondering it the changing of the hip angle matters. is it "better" to be more bent over? do the different positions stress different parts of the leg more efficiently? i realize the differences are probably very small, but i'd still like to know.
>>
I have a question.
I am fat. Should I do cardio to lose weight, lift or do both? If i lift while eating a deficit i'll lose weight but will I miss out on my noob gains when I'm not fat anymore and starting to build muscles by lifting and eating enough?
>>
did something to a muscle under my arm pit now there's sharp pain when I attempt to do a pullup.

can normally do 15 pullups and now I can even do one because of the pain but any other exercise is fine

how do i fix it?

pls help pull ups are my favorite
>>
how to fuck do I get the 'big arm' look? I can rep 1/2/3/4 plates but my arms look like shit. pls help
>>
>>37711327
Please respond.
>>
>>37711327
trainer usually costs extra, just follow any of the programs outlined in the sticky

change gear at the gym so you dont walk home in a sweaty mess

to dry off equipment so other people dont have to sit or touch your sweat
>>
>>37712589
repostan from other thread which seems dead

homegym fag here, only have 2 x 20kg of adjustable dumbbells, so I can at most squat 40kg total

to make up for this i do a set of 20 reps and then superset it with 20 quarter reps at the bottom of the ROM

is this completely retarded or a decent way to introduce overload?
>>
>>37712384
do bicep and tricep isolation exercises, heavy compound lifts alone are not enough to look aesthetic

>>37711765
do both, cardio killing gains is a meme
cardio will help you burn calories and it will improve your cardiovascular health, which will actually help you lift better and feel better
>>
I'm completely broke this week, and won't be able to hit my calories at all. I usually eat ~2600, but I'm probably only going to be able to make ~1600 each day this week.

Is this going to be really bad, especially since it's such a sudden drop?
>>
>>37712807
yeah that seems really bad
cant you just buy a shitload of lentils or something
>>
When doing lateral raises, do I stand up straight or do I lean forward? I saw a video on youtube where the guy said this way its better for your shoulders, is that true?
>>
>>37702124
The more the better. Can't ever do too many.
>>
Are caffeine pills a meme?
Not a fan od coffee and they seem like a decent preworkout.
>>
File: weight lifting belt.jpg (17 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
weight lifting belt.jpg
17 KB, 600x400
I've been thinking of getting a weightlifting belt. What's a good brand?
>>
>>37712384
How about some bis and tris isolation, powerfatty
>>
Does weight used in exercises really matter when your aim is to develop physique rather than strength?
>>
How do you figure how many Calores you burnt from a workout?
>>
I personally believe there's stuff in coffee that helps you handle the caffeine better.

Like a cheap energy drink versus a red bull.

Fuck caffeine pills.
>>
I'm a 22 yo guy (185 pounds/70 inch) currently cutting to 1700 cal per day since the past 2 weeks and riding a bike 3 times per week (living in a mountain area, cycling 12 km per day).

Do you recommend me to start doing strength or should I wait till I dropped most of the fat (aprox. 174 pounds)?, main goal is to be able to practice cyclism, boulder and swimming, side one is to be mired.
>>
Would 45 minutes of HIIT jumping rope (15 sets of 2 minute jumping with 1 minute rest) be too much to do before breakfast? I did it after my workout today and I felt very dizzy afterwards. Should I maybe eat something light and do it after about 30-60 mins or does it defeat its purpose?
>>
Why do fat people like ranch so much?
>>
So today I went to the gym for the first time. The PT who followed me said pretty much what I read here in /fit/ and gave me a routine with bench, press, squat,dlift and such.
Only problem he put them in 3x15. Why? He said something about nerves connectors, and to change the routine after a couple of weeks.
>>
>>37694062
I've been doing GSLP for a week now, and I have a question. Are the deadlifts to failure? Since the last set is AMRAP, and deadlift is one set, shouldn't it really just be 1xF?

Also, should I factor in calories burned from exercising when counting cals? So like if I lift for an hour does that mean I can eat ~300 more calories that day or should I keep it the same every day?
>>
What are some decent 3-5 day workouts? Got tired of SS/SL and I am doing a PPL routine but I feel shit tthat I don't always go 6x a week usually it's closer to 4
>>
>>37714364
been lifting for 7 months so im not complete newb either.
>>
>>37714212
Fat people like all foods.

Except the healhy ones.
>>
I have a box of this for free.
It looks like bullshit.
Anyone tried it?

Here is the "sell"
Ecdysterone is one of those mythical ingredients that everyone is interested in and would like to use if the dosage and price are right. E-STERONE is a strong Ecdysterone product with extras! Ingredients in the formula contribute to proper amino acid synthesis, to the regulation of hormonal activity, to normal red blood cell formation and function of the immune and nervous systems among other benefits*. Enhanced with BioPerine®.

*These statements have been scientifically proven by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and authorized by the European Commission (EC
>>
Fairly new to weight training and I have a few questions. Should I be doing DB Flies on an incline or flat bench? Also when doing flies I get a shoulder strain/pain is this down to bad form or to be expected? Secondly is muscle shocking a real thing or just a meme? What/how do you do it?
>>
My body fat is pretty low but my abs are looking rather flat. Which ab exercises produce best results?
>>
>>37714312
Yes and No
>>
>>37694062
Guys, maybe this can sound extrange or stupid, but, has anybody felt like a test raise after fucking a girl and ending a dry spell?

I mean, i always feel stronger, lifting improves, heck, even my beard seems to grow faster and stronger after ending a 5-6 months dry spell.
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
What exactly does it mean when they say Alt between OHP and Bench?

As in alternate daily AxBxA?
(A-bench B-ohp A-bench etc.)
>>
Is there a good TDEE calculator that someone can recommend?
>>
What snack is better for cutting, peanuts or almonds?
>>
>>37709576
What part of the pelvic area?
>>
>>37714159
Depends, are you on a cut or not?
>>
>>37714364
Just split up the PPL routine differently then. ie. PPxLPxP and so on
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (217 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
217 KB, 1280x960
Am I ready for an intermediate/ whats a good one

My lifts:
>OHP-130
>Bench-200
>Squat-235
>Dead-250

pic related
>>
>>37715785
>As in alternate daily AxBxA?
(A-bench B-ohp A-bench etc.)

Exactly.
>>
>>37715915
Use any one, then track your weight to find your real Tdee

>>37715932
Almonds.

>>37715785
Yes, you're right

>>37715575
100% yes

>>37715535
Lose more bf x 3
Planks, ab roller, vacuums, hanging leg raise

>>37715427
It's bull

>>37714364
PHUL, candito linear or 6 week, if you go x4

>>37714312
Yes, but not until complete failure.
Do not count cardio towards your TDEE

>>37714284
Probably wants you to use a low weight to not injure yourself and do a lot of reps to build muscle memory. Ignore it.

>>37713991
Lift

>>37713623
Probably different absorption mechanisms/rates, or overdosed caffeine pills.

>>37713573
Heart rate monitor.

>>37713137
Yeah. No one will get big squatting 95 lb.

>>37713069
Inzer, Adler. Not valeo.

>>37713005
Straight up, thumbs to ceiling.

>>37712364
Go to a PT.

>>37711502
More bent over = less quads.
>>
>>37715932
For cutting? Trick question, right?
>>
>>37713623
Thats not a question.
>>
Fat middle-aged trying to lose weight and gain muscle (6'/300lbs/40yo)
>eating approx 1800 cals/day with 60/20/20 carb/p/f
>doing bodybeast dumbell workout
>post workout protein shake includes 10g creatine

I'm getting stronger but not dropping weight - is the creatine the culprit that's preventing weight loss, or is it just middle age?

I've been doing this for three weeks and am
>>
Post cut off - doing this for three weeks and am frustrated by lack of actual weight loss.
>>
Fell off and now I'm trying to get back on. Can't help but notice when I'm squating I have a slight forward lean with my upper body. Back is straight and not arched, but slight lean. Is this a problem? I don't seem to explode at the very bottom of my squat I slow down and whatnot but halfway up its like my body turns into a rocket ship
Is this because.... muscle imbalance or what?
>>
Routine critique?

Upper:

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Dumbbell Press: 3x5
Pull ups: 2x6-10
Shldr Dumbell Press: 3x6-10
Rack Chins: 2x6-10
Dips: 2x6-10
Ez Bar Curls: 3x6-10
Skull Crushers: 3x6-10

Lower:

Squats: 3x5
Leg Extensions: 2x6-10
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3x5-8
Standing Calf Raises: 3x8-12
Cable Crunches: 3x8-12
Leg raises: 3xF

Back & Shoulders:

Barbell Rows: 5x5 80-90% of upper day weight
OHP: 5x5 80-90%
Chinups: 3xF
Cable Rows: 3x8-12
Lateral Raises: 3x8-12
Shrugs: 3x8-12
Facepulls: 2x8-12

Lower (repeat)

Chest & Arms:

Dumbbell Press: 5x5 80-90%
Pec Flyes: 3x8-12
Closegrip Bench: 3x6-8
DB Supinating Curls: 3x8-12
Rope Pressdowns: 3x8-12
Incline Hammer Curls: 3x8-12
>>
My right ankle is tight and hurts from squatting yesterday, what are some stretches i can do?
>>
>>37716239
I'm 340 eating at 1700 with no exercise, and I dropped 14 pounds my first three weeks.
>>
>>37716275
Or alternatively (regarding the second part of my post) does that just mean that I've found a good working weight
>>
File: chobani.jpg (29 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
chobani.jpg
29 KB, 380x380
What can I put in this to make it not taste like shit? It was the only option when I went to Fry's and I decided to try it. I'm already putting raisins in it but it's not enough.
>>
Is a 1pl8 bench anything to be proud of if I'm only 65kg?
Strangely, I'm close to 1pl8 in OHP, 6 kilos to go.
>>
Probably retarded question but if someone wanted to get into oly lifting couldn't they take an expensive piano tier road stack until they hit oly weights, get off gear and go through the qualification process?
>>
>>37715499
Bomp
>>
>>37716410
add 1 scoop whey for tasty protein puddng
>>
>>37716410
A half teaspoon of raw honey. Even a fucking drop of honey goes a long way.
>>
>>37716506
Once you hop off gear I think you lose everything.
>>
>>37716528
I don't see how your strength would magically vanish. It'd go down a bit, sure
>>
Hey guys I'm just starting out. My gym doesn't have barbells, just Smith machines.
>inb4 lolplanetfitness
I was wondering if I should do dumbbell press and goblet squats and stuff like that or if I would actually make gains on the Smith machine.
>>
How long does porridge keep? Could do a bulk amount, chuck it in tupperware and work my way through over a week?
>>
I was totally exhausted after the gym today. I could barely ride my bike the 2 miles home.

It's been very hot here and I was outside all day yesterday but I felt hydrated enough today.

The gym A/C wasn't keeping up and I was sweating more than usual and I also had increased my weights 5 pounds all around.

I had carbs and protons about 1.5 hours before working out and was pissing clear but the fatigue after was nearly unbearable.

What happened?
>>
>>37716616
Calories maybe
>>
>>37716616
Heat is like poison damage in a jrpg to me. It's doesn't matter how much I drink or eat i still end up exhausted from just walking around
>>
File: shepard..jpg (359 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
shepard..jpg
359 KB, 1024x768
After a workout, with that "pumped" look, I pretty much have my goal body. Few hours later it's gone, sadly. How long until that becomes my normal body and should I stick to my program to achieve it or increase my weights?
>>
>>37716307
Back and shoulders isn't good to do on the same day because compound and even some regular movements for your back also hit your biceps. This is also similar to how chest often includes triceps and shoulders. My recommendation would be to do chest, shoulders, and triceps on one day, and back and biceps on another day.
Also leg extensions may fuck your knees up pretty nicely, I removed them from my routine a long time ago.
>>
>>37716656

I had a graduation party on Sunday and had well over 2 full plates of food, not really caring to IIFYM (Filipino cousins, ftw that's tasty food).

And today I'm sure I ate enough before working out. Had my usual caffeine, too.

Safe to assume I just had an off day since my last workout was Friday and I did cardio (12 mile bike ride) on Sat?
>>
Is doing HIIT on off days bad? I do a 3x5 routine 3 days a week.
>>
Hello,

I'm just getting started on PHUL this week and I

1) Are there any barbell exercises that I can substitute the leg extensions and leg curls with? I don't have the machines in the gym and I've heard bad things about leg extensions.
2) I have had bad shoulders and previously added 5x15-20 face pulls as accessories to SL. They really helped and I've progressed nicely on the bench without any impingement. Should I swap an exercise out of Upper Hypertrophy for facepulls? Or should I just do 5x15-20 facepulls on Lower Power or something?
>>
>>37716877
>I'm just getting started on PHUL this week and I
wanted to ask for advice on modifying it a bit.
>>
I know some of you guys are in security.

How'd you get into it? What do I need to get into it? How much do you make?

I live in Georgia, and I'm only 20, so I can't get a blue card which sucks, but I'm still interested in getting into it.
Not exmilitary, no experience etc. I've worked as a waiter and hate dealing with people.
>>
>>37717122
Not security but been looking into it too. I think you just need the license and some classes.

>Might be working security soon for the summer. 12 hr shifts, 3 days a week. Not bad I guess.

Also question of my own, when should I start trying to get into weighted pull ups.

>inb4 *tips fedora*

I'm 5'11, a bit under 160 lbs, can do like 6 pull ups in one set. Lanklet mode, here. I have a 20lb IOTV (vest) should I start trying negatives with it on or move on to it when I can do sets of 10?
>>
>>37717122
try bouncing at a big club if you're a big enough guy. go in, ask if they're hiring or where the manager is, talk to the manager. don't just fill out a form and leave it with them, everyone does that and they'll rarely call you. if they see you they'll know they like you.

you could also just be a regular security oaf at any retailer. i'd reccommend the prison system or something that'll look better than every other fatass that gets a security job.
>>
>>37717249

Since you should only do 6, here are two courses of action I would recommend:

Add 2.5lb to a CHIN up every session, you will be able to do more reps and be more consistent

Once you can do 8 +15lb then switch to pull ups at bodyweight

or

add 2.5 lb to pull ups every session, but reps will be low and progression will be harder

desu a 20 lb jump is near impossible, so just use 2.5lb plates on a dip belt or between your legs
>>
Right calf feels tight as fuark, like that feeling you get when you know too much further exertion will cause a cramp. Felt similarly tight this afternoon but I decided to stretch and run anyway. Feels worse now, what do?
>>
>>37716677
Don't worry, once you acheive your current pumped body, that body wont be your goal anymore

not even kidding
>>
>>37717369
stretch, rest, very light cardio(walking)
>>
Can I lose 40 lbs by September? I have to make weight for the military
>>
>>37716045
If linear progression no longer occurs, change programs.

I've had good progress with ppl and ABxABx, but everyone will find that something different works better for them.

Try to figure out if you respond to high volume or low volume, and high frequency or low frequency.
>>
>>37717387
I rested all weekend m8. Had a practice game on friday and I was pretty sore after going hard for more than an hour straight (contact sport so I got knocked around). All my soreness is gone except for this shit in my calf. Maybe I didn't stretch and shit properly while resting.
>>
>>37717377
It really will though. I have no desire to be much bigger than I am now.
>>
>>37717409
light cardio. it might take upwards of a week to completely go away.
>>
>>37717357
Thanks famalam. I rarely do chin ups, I'm going to throw them in with my arm days.
>>
>>37717424
>>37717409
also, if it gets worse or does not get better, do not hesitate to go to a doc
>>
>>37717426
depending on bicep/lat strength, it may do better to do with your other back movements. Its the same lat involvement as a pull up, just more bicep involvement.

So if your biceps exhaust first, do with bis.
if lat exhaust first, do with back
>>
I had DOMS for 4 days after lifting for the first time.

I was doing hammer curls, intended to do 4x8 but failed at the 5th rep of the third set at 25 lbs.

Going back tonight because I can finally move my arms again. What do?
>>
>>37717468
you should still lift through DOMS. it's normal and you don't feel it once you're actually doing the exercise
>>
>>37717468
Follow a program. You are starting out.
Everyone has extreme pain when they first stop
>>
>>37717480
I know that but until today I literally could not bend my arms fully

Should I do lighter weight if I cant do all 4 sets of 8 or should I just keep going to failure?
>>
>>37717492
>I know that but until today I literally could not bend my arms fully
again, this is completely normal. lift through it.

as for your question, you should have a routine and not just do random exercises. you should also learn how to pick the proper weight (and it's not just "pick a dumbbell off the rack and randomly curl that until you no longer can")

if your routine (doubt you do have one) tells you you have to do 4x8, then pick a weight that you can do 4x8 with.
>>
>>37717515
I have one that the trainer gave me at the gym

2 days upper body 4x8 and 2 days lower with 2 cardio days and a reset day
>>
So SS has the three day workout but I'm supposed to increase weight by 5 pounds with each session until I stall and then repeat so if I do routine A on Monday would I then ass 5 lbs on Wednesday and then 5 more on Friday? Or would I wait until the next week to add weight and then add weight weekly?
>>
File: tumblr_o1d9cdYtP71ruikj5o1_1280.jpg (273 KB, 988x1197) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1d9cdYtP71ruikj5o1_1280.jpg
273 KB, 988x1197
Hey /fit/ so I've posted on here before, got a question in regards to cardio. So, I'm currently doing SS, and I recently got a treadmill. I want to start walking about 5k per day, which is about 1 hour of cardio at 3mph (give or take).

I hear that cardio kills gains, but I've heard it's a meme as well. I'm cutting about 600 calories under TDEE as well as doing all of this and don't want to lose my newb gains.

TL;DR: Will an hour of low impact cardio daily kill any newb gains?
>>
>>37717590
you add weight each workout
>>37716826
you will probably hinder your recovery if you go hard enough
>>
>>37717647
No walking won't kill gains lol
>>
>>37717590
you should read the book because that is an incredibly stupid question that makes me think you're going to fuck it all up

you increase by 5 pounds each session. you only bench once every 2 sessions though, so if you benched 45lbs on monday, you'd bench 50 on friday. your squat however would be 45lbs monday, 50 wednesday, 55 friday
>>
>>37717654
>>37716826

What would the best cardio be to do in off days if I want to lose weight as a primary goal?
>>
If I cook my eggs in the grease left over from the bacon I just fried does the grease count as addition calories or is that included in the calories attributed to the bacon?

Is bacon grease that bad? I'd have to grease the pan in margarine or something to make the eggs not stick anyway
>>
>>37716319
bump
>>
>>37717647

If anything, cardio improves your... cardio function. Transports oxygen to the muscles more efficiently and you're gonna burn off fat before muscle.
>>
>>37716613
Pls respond
>>
is a rate of 1-2% bodyfat loss per week viable?
>>
So I just did my first routine

Did curls and my left arm is noticeably weaker. I oculdnt finish the last set with it

What do?
>>
>>37718640
i had this problem. i always try to do an extra set on the side that's weak. So if my program calls for 5 sets of bicep curls, i'll do 5 on the right and 6 of the left. Make sure you stop when the strength/size of your opposite arm catches up, though. Otherwise you'll create muscle/strength imbalances
>>
File: 52142121.png (63 KB, 877x705) Image search: [Google]
52142121.png
63 KB, 877x705
Been doing AxBxAxB... for 5 months now. Doing a basic version of ICF with a Squat/Chest/Tris and Shoulder/back split.

Switching to traipfag trappys novice plan but i'm apprehensive to work shoulders/chest the same day since i've never done that. I guess OHP has a lot more tricep activation than i though so incorporating it into a chest day seems sensical.

This seem ok? Thinking of switching over to a canditos or some PPL for my bulk in September or October.

Lifting since August 2015; 6'2 170lbs 20% BF.
40kg/63kg/70kg/115kg. I've also been cutting the entire time. Yes it took me 9 months to get to 1pl8 bench, started as a sedentary wow skinnyfat that couldn't do 20 pushups without rest.
>>
>>37711327
I'll listen to the collective experience and advice of many over one gym employee. I live a short walk from my gym so I just show up in shorts. And my gym has paper towel dispensers all over the place to wipe down benches, so unless I was really prone to sweating and needed to mop my brow often, I wouldn't sweat the towel, so to speak.
>>
Does flat bench work the entire chest? Do I need to do incline at all? Worried I might get boobs doing just flat
>>
File: Diet not working.jpg (157 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
Diet not working.jpg
157 KB, 921x741
>>37716239
>>
>>37718778
You don't do an extra set. Just start with your non-dominant arm and do unilateral bicep stuff for a while and you'll be fine.
>>
>>37716410
I happen to love Greek yogurt, but add a few drops of this shit and it's a whole new world.
>>
>>37717715
The delicious bacon grease is already accounted for in the bacon stats. It is good. Margarine is horrible. Toss it and get some nice grass fed butter.
>>
How important is creatine really? How much has it added to your aesthetic or numbers, and is it necessary if I'm already getting enough protein? Does most of this board take the stuff
>>
File: goddam fit chili.jpg (450 KB, 984x1446) Image search: [Google]
goddam fit chili.jpg
450 KB, 984x1446
so guys, ive been lifting for around 9months, doing pretty good but im having 1 problem.

I can't to a pullup.

is there any trick to try? or any other lift i can work on to do this?

my starts are:

19y/o 85kg male

1rm are
60kg OHP
90kg Bench
120kg Squat
140kg Deadlift
>>
What's the most cost effective way to have a home gym?

None of the gyms in my area have squat/power racks or are extremely expensive private health clubs (50-70 bucks a month).
>>
How do I get started with Kegels? I know how to squeeze the muscle, but for how many reps/sets a day and for how many seconds a rep?

Also I'm 5.5 inches long. Will women make fun of me?

Please respond.
>>
>>37720068

Racks aren't too expensive, just about 300 dollars can get you something that will take you to a 600 pound squat.

The real problem is the weights. Depending on your area you may be able to find a decent deal on craigslist - just keep an eye on it, $0.50/pound is really solid.

I recall a story about one anon stealing plates from his gym, one by one, over the course of months to build up enough for his own homegym. Straight Johnny Cash style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
>>
>>37720285
I have a bench and the decent racks on amazon are about 200 from what I've seen. The bar is around 50-80.

I'm trying to get a relative to go in on it with me and we can both use it.

Weights are the expensive part.

I have a few but I'll definitely need to buy more.
>>
>>37708433

the 3day routines talked about around here are all negligably different (dont do the other ones)

autismos argue for what amounts to probably a 5% difference in outcomee that differs from person to person. dont be the dummy that sits around wondering what to do, go do something and adjust if you realize it sucks later
>>
I eat lunch then lift 3 hours after. then eat 1.5 hours after i finish lifting.

What are some good carbs to include before lifting? I was thinking should i do High GI before and after lifting? I've been using oranges and bananas for lunch and then using sweet potatoes/carrots/Green beans for dinner.

Should i try to eat that fruit closer to the time before i lift? Should i just not consume those carbs before lifting? I'm 20% bf at 6'2, i don't know if my body is immediately storing that fruit and i should just skip it, or if it's helping me lift up to 3 hours later. I do know that it's a good idea to include those carbs for dinner though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.