[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will joining the Marines make me great?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: marinerecruits.jpg (199 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
marinerecruits.jpg
199 KB, 600x400
Will joining the Marines make me great?
>>
>>37692547
No, you'll become another cog in the machine, chewed up and spit out by the American government, thrown out and left to rot once you've outgrown your usefulness to them.
>>
>>37692572
the usa government takes good care of it's veterans.
>>
>>37692581
lel
>>
File: 1466904657371-1299975426.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1466904657371-1299975426.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37692581
>>
>>37692581
LOL
>>
>>37692547
If the one thing you've got going for you is your endurance, it's a living, at the very least.
>>
>>37692581
looooooooooool
The majority of homeless people in my state are former military. Some absurd number like 2/3.
>>
>australian army
>they pay you at least 60k a year
>subsidize your rent
>free medical and dental

do you get this shit in the marines?
>>
>>37692637
>60k a year
>In Australia
That is like charity work m8
>>
>>37692637
Yes
>>
>>37692547
It might mess you up mentally.
It might not be the most productive thing you can do in your early years, you're probably better off going to a vocational school or college. Job Corps even, if you're poorish and between the ages of 16-24, it's free training in various trades like plumbing, firefighting, medical assisting and etc.

You'll find some great freinds in the marines, probably, and the checks are good.

>>37692581
Depends. Some people have to wait for years to get their disability. Others get theirs pretty quick.
>>
>>37692611
cheked
>>
Anyone know how the army in norway is, heading there in 2 months.
>>
>>37693219
>going anywhere near the military located in the EU

it's like you want to die
>>
>>37692680
This guy is lying.
>>
>>37692675
except they pretty much give you free housing + heaps more moeny if you get deployed

not bad at all if you're a young lad
>>
I dunno about great, but it'll certainly make you cannon fodder for the interests of the plutocrats that run the country.
>>
Sergeant in the USMC here.

At the very least, you will notice how disgusting and ill mannered many civilian people are.

When you come home from deployments or being stationed far away, you will notice how your friends and acquaintances are still doing what they were years ago.

It is eye opening, in my experience.

But you are probably too much of a pussy to hang with a Devil Dog anyway.

If you do end up joining, don't do Reserves. You don't get as much out of it.
>>
no.

the pay is shit
>>
>>37692581

Honestly, a lot of vets fuck themselves. There's a bunch that get screwed by the VA as far as medical stuff goes, but most if not all of the homeless vets and shits you see on the streets are there because they made poor choices.

It's really easy to save money in the military. Pay isn't great, but almost everything is taken care of for you. You'll always have a roof over your head and food in your stomach for "free" (they give you money for it and immediately take it back) almost all of your income is disposable. I'm having to pay off 800 dollars a month of student loans on E3 pay (E4 next month) and still manage to save effectively.

Every once in a while I'll ask a homeless vet, "Why didn't you save? Why didn't you go to school?" And the answer is always, "I dunno man, I didn't plan ahead." Can't blame the government for that, they give us plenty of support programs, just a bunch of idiots never use them.
>>
>>37693794
>Every once in a while I'll ask a homeless vet, "Why didn't you save? Why didn't you go to school?"

And they didn't mug you? Interesting.
>>
>>37693794
the military is honestly the best gig for school considering they pay for the whole thing and you just have to serve a few years.
>>
>>37693642
Not a marine but did go away, can confirm most of the public are low tier impatient rude idiots and most people who stay are complacent mongs.
PS my goid friend is a navy doctor attached to marine unit, beat a gunny in a pullups contest cause he's fit and gunny is older.
P sure he will never live it down
>>
File: 1466888448002.jpg (10 KB, 256x288) Image search: [Google]
1466888448002.jpg
10 KB, 256x288
duh .
>>
how bad of an idea is it to serve after i get my college degree, getting all living expenses paid and finishing without any debt. im already in my third year of uni but its something ive wanted to do since highschool.
>>
>>37692547
gonna make you hate your life. but you'll have pride.
>>
>>37692581
Most veterans never apply for disability, and almost all veterans qualify for some form.
So they are just fucking themselves in the ass.

Being in an Airborne unit gave almost an automatic 20% disability if applied for, because of knee/ankle problems later in life opposed to the lack thereof in none Airborne units.

I mean it's so fucking simple to get disability, go in and complain that everything is wrong.
Everything hurts and you have some form of mental/behavioral health issue (general anxiety disorder is extremely easy to be got).
The VA will usually throw out the majority of your claim, but with such a large list of things wrong a lot gets left on.
An easy 50+% disability which is like 500-1k dollars.
Enough to eat on or near the 1k mark pay your rent.
Fucking stupid not to try for it.
>>
>>37694117
You used the word want. Its in you, if you want it go and get it. That does not sound like a bad scenario
>>
>>37693642
>you are probably too much of a pussy to hang with a Devil Dog anyway
> don't do Reserves
I loved when we got some hard charging Sgt from active that came reserves and threw bitch fits every month for six months cause we didn't lick his ass.

Join the reserves, active hates you cause you get to fuck your girlfriend and sleep in your own bed most nights. You avoid all the bullshit they cry about. Normies will still think you are a badass.
>>
>>37694174
does this work with OTH discharge? I am treated at the VA because of an Honorable discharge from an Iraqi Freedom tour (reservist) but I am looking for a lawyer to upgrade my discharge so I can get some form of disability.
>>
>>37692675
Join the commandos and its 120k
>>
>>37694200
the whole time ive been at uni ive basically been training for maxing the PFT because the thought is always there, force recon has been the goal since the beginning and the thought of being physically ready to jump in after graduation is killing me.
>>
>>37692611
louis theroux is goat
>>
>>37694246
good luck getting in
>>
>Not going Navy Nuke

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>37692611
You need to do more finger curls. Your phalanges look like a midget's dick
>>
>>37693248
Agreed, get out of there
>>
>>37692547
>Will joining the Marines make me great?
Joining the Marines will make you WHAT THE MARINES WANT YOU TO BE. That's the whole point of miltary service: you're what THEY need you to be, you're property of the U.S. Government, and they'll do with you as they please, and FUCK YOU if you don't like it. So at least go in with your eyes wide open. It's not summercamp. It's not playtime. It's WORK, and it's HARD, and you may be sent somewhere that you DIE horribly, and you may well hate it the entire time even if you don't die. Choose wisely.
>>
>>37694213
Reservist here; it's suffering
Right now I'm nearly NEET status and back to living at mummy's house
If I went active I might have at least come back less of a sperg
>>
>>37694541
>being smart enough to go Navy Nuke
>not joining Civilian Nuke
Dun goofed
>>
>>37692630
>>37692589

Any deficiency in veterans existed prior to joining. 95% of the military never enters combat, you get free education, free healthcare, free housing, preference in hiring for federal positiobs after you leave, and the pay is better than a comparable civilian would make without the training. Oh, and you get a permanent social privilege that is immune to PC faggot. muh veterans, muh patriotism

Its literally Republican welfare, to say nothing of the hundreds of billions that the government sends to corporations in contracts.
>>
>>37695363
Hi /pol/
>>
>>37695389

Hey, what's up? a/s/l?
>>
>>37692547
Better then sitting on the couch or following a bullshit diet and routine everyday thinking you live a structured life.
>>
>>37695410
20/F ;)/USA
>>
>>37695430
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37695430

Kewl. 18/m/india

U want some fuck?!
>>
>>37695445
I live in London, Ohio actually

>>37695446
I don't fuck poo in the loos, sorry sweetie
>>
File: Indian-Sewer-man_1375125i1.jpg (71 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Indian-Sewer-man_1375125i1.jpg
71 KB, 620x400
>>37695464

I assure you, I poo in the loo, you son of a bitch
>>
>>37693248
>norway
>EU
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 418x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 418x619
Did somebody say "great"?

MAKE
>>
>>37692611
>that fucking tiny white/latino kid in a giant box full of niggers
he got sentenced to 25 years as well
>>
>>37693642
>you will notice how your friends and acquaintances are still doing what they were years ago.
how is that different from being in the military for 4 years?
>>
>>37692547
Marine bases are called asshole factories for a reason.
>>
>>37695430
tranny?
>>
>>37693794
sick fantasy loser reads like a beta getting back at his chad bully story
>>
>>37692547
no
>>
>>37692675

What? Most UNI would be lucky to make that
>>
>>37692547

If you're going to go to the military, go somewhere where you can learn a trade, try not to become a grunt that goes into direct combat, negotiate the best you can get before you sign that contract.

That's how you make military experience work for you. Take advantage of as many opportunities as you can, both while you're in and after you get out. For someone with just a high school education, the military is probably one of the best you can get without any specialized job training.
>>
File: 1465710394230.jpg (833 KB, 1800x2700) Image search: [Google]
1465710394230.jpg
833 KB, 1800x2700
>>37692637
yes

t. ADF recruiter
>>
>>37697859
you in canberra
>>
>>37692572
agreed
>>
It would probably help you decide whether you want to lead, follow or just get out of the way.
>>
>>37694541

Kek you're either autistic or don't know what nuke lives are like. Nukes universally hate their lives unless they have autism.
>>
>>37692547
No. Learn to love who you are because you will never change. Your lifestyle can change but you will always be you when you're laying in bed awake late at night
>>
>>37692637
That's like 45k USD. Not terrible i guess.

Several people at my workplace make less than that with environmental science and geology degrees. Engineers make way over that tho
>>
>>37692547
I will be joining in October (Jäger which is the standard German Infantry) enlisted for 12 years. I just hope I will enjoy it and have time to draw, lift and can save money.

And I also hope I won't lose my gains.
>>
File: hillary-clinton-pours-beer.jpg (82 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinton-pours-beer.jpg
82 KB, 600x596
>>37692547

It will, if by great, you mean poor, disabled and cucked. There is also a very good chance that this bitch will be in charge of you.
>>
>>37699796
>German infantry
In the cuck brigade?
>>
>>37692547
Former USMCfag here, it can potentially. Don't fall into getting married right after boot camp or during MOS school, you'll more than likely regret it. Don't get fucked up everyday like a lot of marines do, that'll kill the gains. Plus, the top brass is cracking down like a motherfucker since the marines are a smaller organization, so any chance to NJP or get you with something worse, they will, without remorse. Drunk driving is a killer for marines Take charge of actually using your benefits and get some school in, do your MCI's even though they're stupid as all holy fuck, get promoted and if you don't like it? Get out and enjoy your benefits and all the lame ass 'ohh thank you for your service' comments. So yeah it can
>>
>>37692547
Yes, don't you know that all Marines are great?
>>
>>37694214
Anon if it was serviced related, than yes.
Government must compensate for any damage they did to you or possible damage that could be done to you.

example: My knees acl is slightly torn, obviously from running/rucking every single day. While the VA knows I do not have extensive knee damage, it can be proven through multiple sick call visits that they were atleast aggravating the problem.
Added 10% more to my disability because I will one day have to have an artificial thing put into my knee when it tears further, they will have to pay for it.

Keep fighting the good fight, if you feel it was in any way serviced related you must keep trying it can take years and when you eventually win, they will backlog you all the pay from a year before you first put your claim in.
>i ended up getting over 30k dollars for doing no work, I get paid about 1.2k monthly, I work only part time and spend the rest of my free time working out or hiking.
Granted i'll be physically crippled by 40, but not having to work at all if I wanted to is pretty sweet.
>>
If you have no other prospects in your life, you absolutely should join the military.
>>
>>37700623
thanks for the reply. I have PTSD and back problems from wearing these gigantic fucking flak jacket for 12 hours a day for 6-7 months during OIF.

My only problem is finding a lawyer who will represent me for free.

I have applied for SSI (federal disability) but not disability through the VA yet. I will contact the office on Monday. Thanks for your insight.
>>
>>37692547
Turned my friends fiance into a bigger douche bag than he was before.
>>
File: 1466323774225.jpg (30 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
1466323774225.jpg
30 KB, 480x477
>>37692572
better than being a neet tho. plus you can kill sum mudslimes if you go infantry
>>
>>37693794
how about PTSD and depression you dipshit
>>
File: 1572397.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
1572397.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
>>37692547
i fucked my knees(over trained quads, underdeveloped hip abductors/hams)wrists, shoulders(popping under flexion), neck(stiffness with slight mobility loss), lower back(painful needles when stretched to deep).
>but im getting 1800 a month in disability for life.
>my resume says herrdurr Marine Corps
>the brotherhood thing is a joke until you are out, and you realize you would do literally anything for the people you met

and i didn't even do shit
>>
>>37699954
It's a disgrace what they're doing to our country, our Marine actually fishes out rapefugees from the ocean, I would deny my participation in shipping in potential murders, rapists and in general worthless niggers from Africa
>>
>>37692611
is that Frankin from Franklin BBQ on the screen
>>
>>37692547

Oh, boy, here we go again. INB4:

>Liberal idiot: "hurr, durr, anybody who joins the military is a complete idiot, no blood for oil!"

>Me: Okay, so should we just disband the military then? Since nobody should join, according to you?

>Liberal idiot: "huuuuh what? I never said that!"
>>
>>37692581
The VA is my best friend in the whole world. Lots of veterans don't go through the process of getting their disability claims submitted and show for their medical evaluations. This is because they are left on their own to do these things, and in my experience the Army itself has turned modern junior enlisted soldiers into no account adult children who will not do a single thing for themselves because it's their ncos responsibility to ensure the soldier's not totally fucked up. When that adult babysitting ends these juniors are left flapping in the wind getting drunk and playing video games all day instead of finding a job, getting an education, and filing for VA benefits. Not ever soldier ends up like this, but too many do because of the Army's new age let the privates get no discipline ever policy.
>>
>>37692547
Depends.
If you are an unmotivated turd and your NCOs suck balls, then you will get nothing but pain and regret.
I enlisted as an infantry rifleman, shit sucked dick. Did alot of cool stuff that no one in the normal world will ever do, but in between that cool stuff is hours, days, weeks of being cold, hot, wet, hungry, tired, and fucking BORED.
If you are enlisting, dont be a grunt. Do something that takes more brains and can be applied outside of the Corps.
I went to the dark side and got my lieutenant bars, sitting as an aviation logistician now. Crazy busy, technical, and complex shit that will get me mad bucks if I decide to get out (or dont get selected to stay in)

>TLDR be a commisisoned officer, don't be infantry, dont be a shitty unmotivated turd
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.