[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EVERY man should learn how to fight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
Fighting is as biologically innate of human beings as sex, eating and sleeping is.

Since there has been man, there has been fighting.

I don't care how big you are, how shredded you are or how strong you are. If you can't fight, you need to learn.

> Being big and ripped in order to intimidate people into not fighting is a fools game. You're a fragile, scared peacock, all for show.

> Being fit, agile and knowing how to fight gives you an imperturbable confidence. You're a honey badger, ready for anything.

Yes I know, you don't go looking for fights and street fighting is for losers, but thats just the point - there ARE losers out there that go around looking for street fights.

If you can get a gun, good for you but unfortunately not all countries allow firearm defense and to carry a firearm and be caught with it means big trouble.
Cliffs:
> Learn to fight.
>>
>>37690118
I'm planning on learning soon, what discipline do you recommend
>>
>>37690118
>pic shows "wrestling"
>its just two guys forcing one another to suck their cock

Sounds right up /fit/s alley
>>
>>37690168
Boxing
>>
>>37690118
>Why learn how to fight if leads to jail/prison
>>
>>37690118
Nah that's cool I'll just shoot the tough guy lol. And being big is actually enough to stop a fight quite alot. I get away with quite alot around street niggers and it's because I'm jacked.
>>
File: 9jiz5g.jpg (76 KB, 771x610) Image search: [Google]
9jiz5g.jpg
76 KB, 771x610
>>37690168
Boxing is great for self defense as the other guy says as it teaches head movement, how to take a punch, a solid stance, footwork and distance gauging. Throw in some Muay Thai to learn clinching and how to use your legs and elbows, youre good.

People say grappling is necessary, but unless you're having actual 'arranged' backyard brawls (stupid), then grappling will just get your head stomped in.

Boxing allows you to make that first devastating strike then GTFO.

It also allows for multiple attackers - grappling does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEjflWAdbiM
>>
>>37690168
brazillian jiu jitsu

it is hands down the most dominant martial art int the world, striking is completely obsolete with teh introduction of grappling in the first UFC

supplement your BJJ with judo or greco roman wrestling takedowns and become god among men
>>
>>37690270
>>37690216

Don't listen to striker cucks

You will get fucked up hard just doing striking

real fights always go to the ground.

Most "boxers" or athletes, sportsmen, not fighters.

boxing is a great sport, but it simply cannot compete with grappling
>>
>>37690254
Post body
>>
>>37690118
Why would I EVER need to fight in my life?

I get that it can be a cool sport but there's no point. It will ALWAYS be an efficient method of self-defense compared to using a weapon or simply running away.

If a nigger threatens me, I'd be best to simply run away rather than taking him on one-on-one.

Alternatively I can pepperspray him or use some other weapon. This will always be much more beneficial for several reasons:
>You won't potentially injure yourself
Breaking your knuckles against hitting an elbow or someone's skull is very real possibility without boxing gloves and wraps.

>You won't need to get into a position where you can be attacked by his friends
If I start wrestling and doing some BJJ bullshit on the floor, another nigger can come kick me in the head. Remember, we're not in a ring.

I'm not about to start grappling and clinching with a person in the street, especially considering they can have a weapon and cut me with it. We're not in a boxing match with mouthguards, wraps and referees.

>It's much easier to disorient someone with a weapon than punching them repeatedly or kicking them

>You can do it as a significant distance.
Pepperspray and run away. nearly 100% chance of getting away unless it's multiple people
>>
>>37690280
>>37690270
Hmm I wonder which weeb faggot I should take fighting advice from
>>
>>37690216
>>37690270

My only concern is losing IQ, how bad does boxing fuck up hobbyists
>>
>>37690270
>>37690298
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51zm59805U
>>
>>37690168

judo/bjj is most practical since all fights wind up on the ground. you can control the fight and de-escalate the situation quickly.

boxing/muay thai are technically viable too, but a bit less practical. Striking will pretty much always escalate the situation even if it works. max risk of injuring yourself or getting legally fucked

do krav maga if you're in a hurry to prove you can get killed in a parking lot

realistically, your best bet is to stay out of the ghetto, keep your head on a swivel, don't be an insecure manlet, move in numbers whenever possible, and concealed carry. the only people who think knowing how to roll can actually save your life against armed maniac are fedoras and dead men. do it for the fulfillment, not because you think you'll become Goku
>>
>>37690317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLqI926OgBA
>>
File: bjj.jpg (620 KB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
bjj.jpg
620 KB, 3888x2592
>>37690280
>>37690298

I've realised, after taking a few BJJ classes that grappling is a cult.

Why would ANYONE take a fight to the ground is beyond me, it should be a last resort. Have fun with your triangle choke holds when theres more than one person attacking you.

JUDO is great for self defense, again in one on one situations. Out of all the grappling sports, BJJ is the least applicable to real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7leifdLuJ4
>>
>>37690298
You're fucking high. I wrestled in high school for 4 years. Someone who did boxing/kickboxing for 4 years would destroy me in a fight.
>>
>>37690316
>My only concern is losing IQ, how bad does boxing fuck up hobbyists

I'm the "cuck" posting about pepperspraying above but boxing doesn't really damage your head as an amateur.

You mostly do bagwork and sparring. Even when you do spar you wear helmets and don't go full-force usually so the "damage" is minimal.
>>
>>37690118
>fighting people
nigger I don't want to get stabbed
>>
>>37690310
This guy has the right attitude. You have a good chance of surviving. No puffed up ego here.
>>
>>37690332
> All 1v1 fights.
> Thinking self defense situations are going to be 1v1
>>
File: gIjCUP9.jpg (315 KB, 1632x1424) Image search: [Google]
gIjCUP9.jpg
315 KB, 1632x1424
>>37690118
Id rather do cardio and learn to run than learn how to fight like a nigger
>>
>>37690344
If you're going to get stabbed it's gonna happen either way. If your choice is
> Have no fighting experience and get stabbed
or
> Actually have a chance at defending yourself and lessen the chances of getting stabbed

Do you guys actually read the thread, or do your cognitive dissonance toward fighting kick in immediately?
>>
>>37690270
>Boxing is great for self defense as the other guy says as it teaches head movement, how to take a punch, a solid stance, footwork and distance gauging. Throw in some Muay Thai to learn clinching and how to use your legs and elbows, youre good.
agreed. striking is necessary.

>People say grappling is necessary, but unless you're having actual 'arranged' backyard brawls (stupid), then grappling will just get your head stomped in.
disagree, it is completely subjective. the time you need grappling in a fight, you already lost the fight. not saying i think it is necessary to learn, but it's an age old argument.

>Boxing allows you to make that first devastating strike then GTFO.
this. the point is to stay safe.

>It also allows for multiple attackers - grappling does not.
this. it will definitely get you farther than grappling. i know of people who are grapplers and have gotten in fights where they were dislocating/breaking body parts one by one against multiple attackers. obviously the fight was in the street and so much more movement comes into play rather than strictly grappling discipline. but those guys were so many years in. the learning curve for grappling is a lot bigger than striking.
>>
>>37690353
He thinks he's going to fight more than one person and not go to the ground.

You strikers are inexperienced morons

if you fight more than one person and you fall you aren't gonna know how to get back up because you are a striker cuck

Strikers are "tough guys" who can't actually fight

Grappling is the foundation for all unarmed combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHivvXN6K-g
>>
>>37690316

depends. you can be a real dummy and rush into competing against giga niggas who will literally punch you retarded, or you can train until you're quick and confident enough to make it through most of your rounds without getting theatrically rekt

anyone who makes a career of getting punched in the face will wind a little bit dumber and uglier if they stick with it long enough, but as a hobbyist, it's up to you. choose your fights wisely.
>>
>>37690375
No you stupid fuck

Getting in close contact with someone WHO HAS A FUCKING KNIFE IS RETARDED

Why would you get in punching/wrestling range????????
>>
So far I see a bunch of losers frantically squabbling to justify there complete ineptitude at handling themselves.
>>
>>37690336
BJJ is the best grappling art there is imo, if you disagree i couldnt care less.
Here's an example to >>37690372

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwPFIFXqg-M
>>
File: download (33).jpg (7 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
download (33).jpg
7 KB, 209x241
>all these striker muscle heads
>in the other thread most people had shit for jobs

This board is pleb as fuck I had no idea, done posting here.
>>
>>37690381
You have your head screwed on dude. I wish you a long life of peace and prosperity.
>>
>>37690407
If you dont like ''striker cucks'' then why even bother making a comment? Looks like someones salty because of the time it takes you to do a join lock you might alredy be out.
>>
>>37690407
>This board is pleb as fuck I had no idea, done posting here.

Dude no fucking shit

Most of the people here are fucking losers
>>
>>37690386
I can post videos too, bruv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEjflWAdbiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTcBWb3XR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7leifdLuJ4
>>
>>37690336

it's really just best as a failsafe, since the messiness and momentum of any fight can bring shit down to the ground whether anyone wants to be on the ground or not. at that point, if you're trained and they aren't game over

if you're fighting more than one person, than all bets are off no matter what martial fart you know.
>>
I've been hitting the bag at the gym but my form is shit because I never had any formal training as I'm already busy with another sport. I don't dismiss the importance of being able to fight, but from my experience, faggots who pick fights don't train anything for real either, so just being fit will put you at an advantage in most situations.

Sure you could be out of luck one day and happen to be picked on by a trained MMA fighter for some reason, but that's very unlikely to happen and if it does you probably did something to deserve his anger anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heJFTR_LBYM
>>
>>37690337

well with that attitude
>>
>>37690394
I'd rather be in punching / kicking range than wrestling with the fucker.

> and I'm the stupid fuck lol
>>
>>37690370
>learn to run

im not fat
>>
>>37690441
no you dumb idiot
I'm saying you should run away and use whatever you can to disorient him.
He can't stab you if you've been practicing sprinting for even a minor amount of time.

Fuck man instead of learning BJJ just buy a gun or a can of pepperspray
>>
File: 1435410751479.png (129 KB, 910x1111) Image search: [Google]
1435410751479.png
129 KB, 910x1111
>tfw training muay thai AND BJJ
>feels good man
>>
>>37690470
100% convinced you meatheads don't even read threads, just see the word 'Fight' and come in blind screaming

> hurr durr buy a gun
> uhhh buy pepper spray
> uuuhhhh run durrr
>>
>>37690470
My roommate walks around with a pair of police handcuffs and a taser.

He has fought multiple people before and he tazed them then handcuffed them
>>
>>37690337
maube you're just...
Bad?
>>
>>37690483
you need to incorporate judo or greco roman for takedowns

if you choose greco roman be careful, there's a difference between sport wrestling and mma wrestling, specifically not getting caught in a guillotine choke on a single or double leg take down
>>
>>37690246
Remember the days when society wasnt cucked and you could get in a fight to settle a dispute aslong as no one died?
Hell, before that men could Duel and actually kill their opponant aslong as they both agreed to it
>>
>>37690512
>he doesn't know what mutual combat laws are

check your state laws, dueling may still be legal

In the USA some states have a law called "mutual combat" where if both parties agree to combat and can prove it, they can engage in combat with fear of being prosecuted by the other party or state or being punished for their actions.
>>
>>37690470
Pepper spray only works right away if you get them right in the eyes. Some buddies and I used to spray each other to test our endurance. As long as we shielded our eyes,it was never a problem to choose the gap and deliver punishment before your skin starts burning too much to fight. I'd estimate you've got about 2 decent minutes to put someone down so long as your eyes are clean before it hurts too much.
>>
>>37690544
>with fear

WithOUT fear

fixed
>>
File: 1466194466352.jpg (85 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1466194466352.jpg
85 KB, 960x960
>>37690488
You retards are saying to learn boxing and BJJ, which is a great idea if you enjoy it but it's really not going to be very useful for you.

I don't live in the fucking bronx or detroit.

i actually have something to lose if i get brain damage or even a concussion or a broken nose/hand. Not everyone is a NEET or works a minimum wage job.

I've gotten threatened by people before and I could've kicked their ass likely, but there is no logical reason to do so besides "MUH EGO, MUH TESTOSTERONE, MUH PRIMAL URGES".

Guy threatens to kill me:

Scenario 1:
>I go over, kick his ass flawlessly
>Someone calls police, I waste my time explaining to them he started it or end up with other legal troubles
>Eventually get off

Scenario 2:
>I kick his ass, injure my hand/other part during it
>I defend muh honor, but now I am injured for the time being over some faggot who doesn't even matter
>Rest of scenario plays out as above

Scenario 3:
>He turns out to be stronger than me
>He either kicks MY ass, or we beat eachother about evenly until we get broken up
>I now look like shit, blackeye, bloody nose etc
>Police yada yada

Scenario 4:
>I go over to kick his ass
>He has some sort of weapon
>He injures me
>I disarm him afterwards
>Yada yada

Scenario 5:
>I go over to kick his ass
>He has some sort of weapon
>He severely injures me and I need to go to the hospital

SCENARIO 6:
>I say "Yeah ok dude sure cool whatever", try to de-escalate the situation, and leave the situation
>I remain unscathed, no one is injured, "Muh honor" is let down but I have wasted minimal amounts of time with some guy who has less to live for than i do

WHICH OF THESE SCENARIOS SHOULD I TAKE?
>>
>>37690555
Not sure what pepperspray concentration you used but that shit burns like fucking hell and pretty much no one will be able to fight or even chase you after it.

Even if you don't get them in the eyes it still burns if it's in the air around the area for a few minutes and if it gets in your mouth/nostrils/face it still hurts.
>>
File: 1283786748548.jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1283786748548.jpg
47 KB, 800x600
>>37690570
Being angry enough to put this much effort into a post.

Can tell you're an insecure cuck that doesn't know how to fight, otherwise you wouldnt be trying so hard to convince yourself.
>>
Ive known a couple people that died in street altercations.

One punch can ruin your life, its best to avoid it.

The guy that runs my local mma gym tells members to use the most lethal damaging moves as quickly as possible if you should have the misfortune of getting into a street altercation.
>>
>>37690570
OR you could challenge him to mutual combat.

Dueling is still legal in the USA
>>
>>37690609
>2lethal4U
>expects to be taken seriously.
>>
>>37690607
>Can tell you're an insecure cuck that doesn't know how to fight, otherwise you wouldnt be trying so hard to convince yourself.

le cuck meme
Where do you live where you regularly get into fights with people?

I'm not mad, I simply outlined the possible scenarios and I want you to tell me which is the most logical. I understand you're in highschool, a NEET or a minimum wage worker but some people value themselves

>>37690616
>OR you could challenge him to mutual combat.

And why?

what purpose does it serve?

>M'lady, I have bested this brute in mutual combat, I tip my fedora to you. I have protected thy honor

DOES ANYONE over the age of 20, who actually has stable employment and isn't soem sort of ex-convict actually fight people?
>>
>>37690609
> EXACTLY
> THE
> POINT
> I'M
> TRYING
> TO
> MAKE
Brb most damaging move in a street fight is pulling guard and getting an arm bar on concrete (lol)
>>
>>37690646
I dont get into fights, which is why I SPECIFICALLY know you either can't read too well or just game in shouting blindly.

My original post even states, fighting is for losers, BUT THERE ARE LOSERS OUT THERE THAT CAN AND DO START STREET ALTERCATIONS.

Read the OP next time or you'll make yourself look even more stupid than you do now (if thats possible).
>>
>>37690168

None.

Nothing can prepare you for a street fight. Anything is allowed and there could be multiple attackers and or weapons.

You learn from experience.

I've kicked dudes in the balls, shoved my finger into their eye sockets, and have sucker punched potential attackers.

Granted I've only done this dirty fighting when I knew I was fighting two or more dudes.

Gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Well least when you grew up in Chicago.
>>
>>37690626
The reason he stresses that is because you could lose your life.

One of the guys that trains here is a bouncer who just barely beat a manslaughter charge because he accidentally killed someone when a bar fight escalated.

The guy that died was dropped from a punch and hit the back of his head on a curb.

That shit happens more often than people realize.
>>
>>37690664
I'm not only responding to the OP post you know, I'm responding to the other faggots in the thread too

>I dont get into fights, which is why I SPECIFICALLY know you either can't read too well or just game in shouting blindly

I am saying there is ALMOST ALWAYS a much better way to avoid the situation alltogether such as carrying pepperspray, a gun or running/defusing the situation and leaving the area.

Literally 99% of fights are like that, just say "Nah sorry dude I don't mean any trouble" and walk away
>>
>>37690650
Pulling guard and quickly reaching up to break a neck
>>
>train to fight guys in bar brawls and in the street

>get rekt because you get into a 2vs1 fight and a dude stabs you from behind, or some nig pulls out a gun and shoots you

>die to a single punch like some people just do because they took it in a weird spot on their head, or fell over and smacked their head on the ground
>>
>>37690686
the best way to win a fight is not having to fight it
>>
>>37690729
can't run forever.
>>
File: GLOCK_19.jpg (2 MB, 1940x1327) Image search: [Google]
GLOCK_19.jpg
2 MB, 1940x1327
>>37690718
This.

Best "self-defense" is either running away or pic related.

You guys really sound like those middle-aged moms or neckbeards who think they will do some whacky move and do a cartwheel and disorient their enemy in a streetfight
>>
>>37690483
this, combined with some wrestling is recipe for a well rounded fighter
>>
>>37690696
> living in reality
>>
>>37690750
This. Why fight when you can just avoid a fight or shoot the other guy? Retards on fit think that being able to fight give them some advantage when someone smart would just carry a gun or walk away
>>
>>37690735
I know. I practice kickboxing.
What I wanted to say is that you should always try to avoid fighting, if possible.
But if it comes to it better be ready.
>>
>>37690118
I got to level three hand to hand in the army, but I have not done any of that shit in years.
>>
File: just walk away.jpg (103 KB, 561x480) Image search: [Google]
just walk away.jpg
103 KB, 561x480
CHAD eats PIZZA and just WALKS away while you get into street FIGHTS and get BLACK eyes
>>
>>37690809
military hand to hand is a joke
>>
>>37690168
Brawling, maybe throw in a few months of boxing or BJJ to give you some form but honest to god that good ol' 1-2 or triangle choke ain't going to help shit when you get whacked with a fucking bar stool.
>>
>>37690570

this tbqh senpai

the real threat of the fight isn't even the physical contest, it's complete lack of time and money to get dicked around by court dates and doctor's appointments.

inner city thugs love fighting because they've got fuckall going on. they have no life to throw away, so fighting IS their life. that's how rank in their community is determined. they don't give a shit about stuff like paralysis or permanently losing 50% of their vision. for all intents and purposes they're already dead, and they'd love to take down someone else with them.

if you actually have shit to do, places to go, and important things you've been working for, you're not in a hurry to gamble it all on playing grabass with some random loser in the parking lot.
>>
File: p3tsfa.jpg (79 KB, 550x435) Image search: [Google]
p3tsfa.jpg
79 KB, 550x435
>>37690757
> living in america
>>
>>37690118
If you get into a fight you know you can't win, just pull out your dick and start masutafpafpefew
>>
>>37690483
>Greco Roman
>single leg take down

How do I know that you've never trained?
>>
>>37690826
I take it you've done it to? It's "ok" it's not the end all be all of the fighting world. I was unimpressed to be quite honest, I was expecting more practicality in the fighting but in the end it turned out to be another fad just like mma.
>>
>>37690407
>implying bjj isn't the hottest white trash style of the decade
>>
>>37690832
>inner city thugs love fighting because they've got fuckall going on. they have no life to throw away, so fighting IS their life. that's how rank in their community is determined. they don't give a shit about stuff like paralysis or permanently losing 50% of their vision. for all intents and purposes they're already dead, and they'd love to take down someone else with them

Exactly.

It's like fighting with homeless people who are high off crack and yell shit at you and say they'll kill you.

Ok you beat up a homeless person... grats bro, big accomplishment.

or you got injured by a homeless person even if you beat him up, you're an even bigger idiot
>>
>>37690883
>I was expecting more practicality in the fighting but in the end it turned out to be another fad just like mma.

top b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>37690893
Yea, not b8. Mma style of fighting has zero effectiveness towards a group. So I went the best way I could and carry a gun. To choose a fist fight over de-escalation is stupid, if they want to fight you after everything you've done to stop it and they attack just fucking shoot them.
>>
>>37690666

>Chicago

everything I hear about that place makes it sound like a human garbage disposal
>>
File: KING HUMUNGOUS.jpg (57 KB, 678x957) Image search: [Google]
KING HUMUNGOUS.jpg
57 KB, 678x957
>you are in the bar and this guy slaps your girlfriend on the ass

What do you do /fit/?
>>
>>37690839
proper bo
>>
>>37691111
More those quads
>>
>>37690866
> Shooting on concrete

lol
>>
>>37691151

>looks like these kneepads are good for more than one thing
>>
>>37690200
>can't be up close to another guy without thinking of gay sex
the problem here is you

also check'd
>>
>>37690330
>go in to grapple
>get stabbed
alternative scenario
>go in to drop someone to the floor
>they don't know how to take the fall so they snap their arm
>get sued

muay thai or boxing are good
>>
>>37690118
Hey I'm a skinny piece of shit but I'm pretty damn athletic and I want to get into boxing but I feel like I'm just gonna look like a pussy compared to the other people wat do.
>>
>>37690168
Get a good teacher who trains well.
Style wont matter
>>
>>37691274
Look like a pussy until you get good
>>
>>37691274
Size means nothing in boxing buddy.

Go there, learn skills, have fun, meet people. Nobody is looking at you thinking you're skinny or should look a certain way.
>>
>>37691274
everyone starts as a pussy

You will be fine. Just go at your own pace and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>37691360
>size means nothing in boxing buddy.

striking, especially boxing, is the one martial art where size and athletics do matter
>>
>>37691274
skinny/athletic = god mode in boxing
>>
>tfw wear glasses and can't see without them
>can't take any martial art clases
>>
>>37691360
>what are weight classes
>>
>>37691378
>striking, especially boxing, is the one martial art where size and athletics do matter

Yea no such thing as weight class right
>>
>>37690118
Yes, by all means, learn self defense, learn to fight -- then learn to NOT fight, finding other ways to solve problems than with your fists, because that's retarded.
Never START a fight, if you can possibly help it; but always FINISH one.
>>
>>37691401
that's the point, heavy weights decimate light weights. we aren't talking about sport, were talking about fighting.
>>
>>37691172
>>looks like these kneepads are good for more than one thing

/biz/ pls go
>>
>>37691382
>>37691360

I'm 6'3 170lbs, what weight class would I be in?
>>
>>37691414
> I want to get into boxing

Clearly he wasn't talking about sport
>>
>>37690544
Mutual Combat Laws "exist" but aren't enforced. Gives the judge a reason to throw out a case, but you're still more than likely going to get a disorderly conduct charge.

It's also not "legal" in most of the states.
>>
>>37691438
middle weight or higher, depending on if you lose or gain
>>
>>37690280
Holy shit bjj fags

I've done judo for 4 years, bjj for 3, muay thai for 4, and boxing for two.

Bjj is hands down the closest to krav's "2dedly4u" attitude, sure, you operate on a submission basis, but try pulling guard Irl.

I just quit my summer iternship because I was walking in downtown Pittsburgh and some asshole rushed me with a box cutter, granted he was insane, judo saved my life.

What was I supposed to do? crouch over and hope he launches in my guard? No.

I grabbed his weapon hand and threw him on the ground, got the knife and ran.

Literally use your brain for three seconds and think about time spent on your back in bjj, you learn minimal takedowns, and learn them on tatami. NOT CONCRETE.

half of you fuckers cant even roll correctly on a hard surface.

PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THE BJJ 2DEDLY MEME.

ALWAYS BE ON YOUR FEET, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, AND NEVER PULL GUARD.

It is exponentially more effective to throw someone on concrete (which hurts like a motherfucker) than to go for a slow submission or a choke.

Don't get me wrong, I love bjj, it has helped my competitive mma and judo go to another level, but it is just not practical IRL.
>>
>>37690310
>I'd be best to simply run away rather than taking him on one-on-one.
This guy here gets it. It is almost always more advantageous to distance yourself as much as possible from your attacker(s) than to fight him/her/them.
>>
>>37690372
Is this not a blue board?
>>
>>37690317
Did you notice the dozens of people standing around the guy on his back? What if he has a friend? what is one of the bystanders thinks the guy choking the other one in a triangle is the bad guy?

S O C C E R K I C K
T O T H E H E A D

It is simply not a good idea to be on your back when more than 1 person is near you. At all.

Stay on top, move into a dominant position, ground and pound, and run. Super simple, tried and true. You need to be able to see and react to other possible threats.
>>
>>37691467
I have a cousin that competes in muay thai and happened to get in a bar brawl with a judo guy.

He said it was the toughest guy he ever fought. The judo guy did have to get his bottom lip stitched back on though.
>>
>>37691513
dont wrestle at all in a streetfight, its dumb as fuck and you will likely get kicked unconscious by his mate
>>
>>37691467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51zm59805U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpgg7mwxoLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHivvXN6K-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GFaM064zis
>>
>>37690280

Sambo fucks you up suka
>>
>>37690280
So what do you do when your opponent's friends start beating on you? Yes grappling is important, but not more important than striking and defense.
>>
>>37691467
A nigga that gets it. I train BJJ, and as far as a streetfight goes, it'd be a "Oh shit, I'm on my back here's how I defend myself", even though you should be able to stuff 99% of TDs as a combat Athlete vs Normies.
>>
>>37690386
If you to go the ground around multiple opponents, you are fucked. And retarded.
>>
>>37690434
Just don't punch like Rhonda Rousey.
>>
>>37691536
Notice literally every bystander there. What if one of them thinks "lets go kick one of them in the head, my boss was mean to me at work today"

Congratulations, you're concussed, and have two people beating you up, and you're on the ground. Great!!!

A plus work.

Self defense situations are not always 1v1s for muh honour, real life happens, and their fucking grandma can come out and hit you with her cane while you focus on your ground game.

Stay on top, stay moving. I dont know how you dont see all these bystanders as possible threats. if you get into an altercation with some random asshole, whats stopping another one from joining in?
>>
People here actually think about wrestling a guy on the ground...?
In a streetfight?
Lmao
>>
>>37691582
You idiot strikers think you have say over when it goes to the ground and when it's standing

you don't, that's the grapplers power, not yours.

As a grappler I'm not worried about getting taken down because I know how to stand up

Swinging my arms and trying to connect with punches is so easy I don't even need training in it to take on normies.
>>
>>37691542
Ignore all BJJ dick riders m8. People who train strict BJJ don't ever get hit while they're training. I'm a lmaoBlueBelt in BJJ who also does MMA&Boxing and I'll take the head off of any BJJ BlackBelt in a streetfight, cage, or ring.
>tfw 79in reach
>>
>>37691625
>get in a lock
>grab & rip nuts
alternatively
>pull out knife, stab the martial """artist""" in nuts/leg/whatever

BJJ is a sport with rules, and there are no rules in a street fight.
>>
>>37691616
>Stay on top,

strikers don't know how to get on top or how to stand up

grapplers on the other hand, just like any normal person, know how to throw punches.

I'd rather have the special training that teaches me how to be on top or stand up if I get taken down than special training that teaches to throw a punch which I already know.
>>
>>37691625
>I don't have control when it goes to the ground
Wew Lad, I'm an out-boxer and I'll crack you 1s & 2s until your manlet ass is retarded.
>>
>>37691648
>>37691630

You people are so cringey it's unbelievable.
>>
Do a real sport like wrestling(freestyle or greco roman it doest matter), boxing or sambo
And dont fall for retard sports like bjj or krav maga
>>
>>37691542
as a boxer you're still fucked if two guys are hitting you, this whole argument is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>37691661
Any grappler would destroy you in a fight

Duck right under neath your jab and take you down.
>>
>>37691665
krav maga is shit

BJJ is the worlds dominant martial art.

boxing is also shit

muy thai and kick boxing are the only acceptable striking arts, but they are second to grappling arts.
>>
>>37691682
Yea the boxer will just stand there and let you take him down
Good boxers are quick on their feet mate
>>
>>37691706
Well, I've had my fill of arguing with nerds on the internet.
>>
>>37691625
I'll have my say when I rip off someone's nuts and take a bite out of a person.
>>
>>37691664
says the guy who says he's going to rassle everyone and make them tap out

Taking a fight to the ground is retarded.
>anon runs in for some grab
>gets elbowed
>>
>>37690330
Best post
>>
>>37691700
Boxer will fuck kickboxer up
And where I live there is no homo sports like grappling
>>
>>37691682
I fight grapplers Weekly bro, they're literally no problem when you have TDD and reach advantage.

I'm >>37691630
>6'1.5 LW 79in reach
I have an advantage over almost every person I spar/fight. Lmao.
>>
>>37691727
Иди нaхyй cyкa
>>
>>37690118
>> Being big and ripped in order to intimidate people into not fighting is a fools game. You're a fragile, scared peacock, all for show.
Fuck, this is actually really insightful.
>>
I'd be 110% with you OP, if it weren't for the risk of permanent brain damage. Even if you'd ban hits to the head from MMA, there's still high risk of accidental hits. personally, losing a serious chunk of my brain is my greatest fear, so I think I'll stay a pussy forever.
>>
>>37690434
Use your legs and hips more.
There is no power behind your punch.
>>
>>37691822
Completely agree, however my concern is moreso about getting my teeth fucked up.
>>
>>37690750
>>37690788
Oh shit!

The dude on the street disarmed you as you unholstered your gun.

Without your gun, what do you do?
>>
>>37690386
Have fun getting your chin checked while your trying to close distance with a boxer
>>
>>37690555
Who says you have to stay stationary while pepper spraying?
>>
Most practical self-defense styles in order:
> don't live in a shithole jitsu
> dont be a cunt fu
> parkour
> boxing / muay thai + bjj / judo / wrestling
>>
>>37691650
The vast majority of people don't know how to throw punches though.
>>
>>37690168
Don't listen to ANY of these cucks. Thaiboxing is the only choice.
>>
>>37690118
>everybody learns how to fight
>everybody than constantly loses because you're shitty at fighting

fuck off faggot, this is like saying everyone is suppose to be skinny or ripped.
if everyone is x, than no one is x.
>>
i don't live near non-whites or white-trash so the chances of me ever getting into a real fight are slim.

What's the best discipline for increasing physical fitness and aesthetics? I'd imagine it's boxing since you need insane cardio to last through a match.
>>
>>37691058
That's why they have Naval RTC there
>>
File: ilias.jpg (43 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
ilias.jpg
43 KB, 500x604
>>37692361
Judo
>>
>>37691536

Please see >>37690421
>>
>>37691673
No. You can strike which will incapacitate long enough to get away. Not likely when you go to ground since you need to get back on your feet.
>>
>>37692427
Judo doesn't build a body like that, he lifts weights.
>>
>>37691727
Go back to your cult gym and roll around with sweaty naked men talking about how tough you all are (on your back).
>>
>>37692557
going to the ground is worse, but youre still fucked as one boxer against multiple opponents. Again, this argument is retarded.
>>
>>37692578
Please refer to >>37690421
>>
>>37691438
Try and stay at that, be around 160-170 shredded 10 % bf and rape shorter opponents with dat dere reach
>>
>>37690310
Pretty much this. When I was 18 I was walking home from Rugby practice wearing baggy ass gear, and three Lebanese dudes rolled up on me thinking I was an easy target. Granted, I was, but I just sprinted away screaming "RAPE! FIRE! HELP!" and they drove the fuck away as fast as possible.

Yes, I realize how comical this story is. No, I am not ashamed.
>>
>>37690490
That's fucking hilarious, but also practical. Good on him?
>>
>>37690168
muay thai obviously
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6OJnZG3joAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwF30Szln-A

all you need to know
>>
>>37691111
Push his wheelchair away.
>>
>>37693335
yeah, he figured the cops are the most dominant force on the street so he mimicked their tactics.
>>
>>37692559
every professional athlete lifts weights you dingus
>>
>>37690424
>if you're fighting more than one person, than all bets are off no matter what martial fart you know.

this is the main reason why I've been doing weapons martial arts kali to be specific and carry a baton at all times. shit like that scares me and having a weapon really is the best way to have a decent chance of getting away
>>
>>37690570
>Choose to be a little bitch

This is why you're such a winner in life, fellow /fit/ poster.
>>
>>37690118
Plus, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between someone who only lifts and someone who knows how to fight because martial arts give you a different build.
>>
Fighting is obsolete. Only niggers fight.

However..

I found Judo to be very effective to avoid problems with law and still defend yourself properly.
>>
Boxing for foot work and punching
Thai for clinching
Judo to transition from clinching to throws and takedowns
Sambo if you live in Eastern Europe
Krav Maga for bursting

You're not ever going to want to engage in multiple attackers. Being evasive and surviving should be the primary concern because why and how the fuck did you end up in a situation with multiple attackers? wrong turn down south street?
>>
>>37696047
to add to this list wing chun isn't all bad. it's very linear and simple so you won't have to take more than a handful of classes to understand basics of chain punching and leg strikes. it's not bad at all and nobody likes dealing with chain punches and low kicks to the shin and groin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXg0FFREzcg
>>
>>37696087
that video displays two absolutely horrible fighters
>>
>>37696115
and you think everyone who fights is professional mma?

watch a dozen street fight videos. more importantly, don't pick a fight with a professional mma
>>
>>37690118
Jesus Christ. Everyone here dick measuring.
If you become proficient in ANY of these disciplines, you're already going to be tougher than your average street fighter.
Pick one that is heavily sparring based and stick to it.

Do not waste your time learning Krav maga, kungfu or any other fancy choreographed shit.
>>
my knee cap is fucked, am I doomed to not knowing how to figth?
>>
File: 1430284351350.png (125 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1430284351350.png
125 KB, 250x239
>>37695465
Not fighting some dumb fuck mean pussy /fit/.

The only people who wana fight are retards who don't know legal repercussions and legal/medical fees associated with it.

Ofc if you have no job, no money to loose fight on.
>>
>>37690280
i hate so much those jjb fag and their arrogance, like their are learning kamehameha or some deadly technique, fuck you you don't know what a street fight is, enjoyed going on you'r back on the street
>>
>>37690310
>>If a nigger threatens me, I'd be best to simply run away rather than taking him on one-on-one.
Obviously. But consider that sometimes you can't run away. What if you were with someone you care about? How would you defend them if you didn't know how to fight?
>>
>>37690280
bjj is the best of the best .. . .. . if you're fighting in a ring, against a single opponent and with multiple rules with regards to what you can and can't do.

If you get in an actual fight, all those conditions are gone. There might be more than one opponent (and that's usually the case, as idiots only feel brave when they have their friends to back them up). There is no rule forbidding them from doing bad shit. Hell, they might even be armed with something.

Then you grapple and you're getting kicked/shanked by their friends. Good job.

Even training in a treadmill is more useful than BJJ.
>>
>>37690270

Grappling is good for women who are getting raped.
>>
>>37690666
>I've kicked dudes in the balls
>shoved my finger into their eye sockets

>666
>>
>>37691438
skelly class
>>
File: CroCopKick.jpg (124 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
CroCopKick.jpg
124 KB, 640x456
Muay Thai or Dutch style kickboxing (has an extra focus on boxing) are the best for striking. You get:

>punches - default striking; a good school will have an emphasis on punching
>elbows - close range knockout tools; can be used from the clinch; great for cutting someone's face
>knees - great from the clinch; an unconditioned (fight conditioning, not gym conditioning) body will crumple after a few of these to the abdomen and chest; excellent knockout tools
>high kicks - best not to use in street attire or self defence situations, but still great knockout tools if you use them right
>front kicks - like knees, these are great for battering the abdomen or as a kick to the jaw; good for keeping distance
>mid kicks - one liver kick can finish the toughest of fighters; most peoples' ribs aren't conditioned enough to take too many of these
>leg kicks - the bane of a boxer and a great way to defend yourself without damaging their brain
>clinch - great way to control the standup; can batter their face and body with knees and elbows, as well as tip them off balance; MT also teaches numerous trips and throws
>>
File: 1461135254502.jpg (34 KB, 486x562) Image search: [Google]
1461135254502.jpg
34 KB, 486x562
Judo is nothing but a shitty meme and you know it.
>>
File: bjj.jpg (118 KB, 719x722) Image search: [Google]
bjj.jpg
118 KB, 719x722
In terms of grappling:

Wrestling:
>the conditioning will make a man out of you
>the best for takedowns and using brute strength against your opponent
>very few submissions; the neck crank and front facelock still work well
>suplexing somebody in the street will probably end the fight
>good control of an enemy on the ground

BJJ:
>decent takedowns depending on your school
>some schools also teach judo techniques
>a great arsenal of submissions; chokes that won't kill your opponent if you don't hold them too long; arm locks to teach them a lesson and take the fight out of them; decent leg locks, some of which can permanently ruin their knees and ankles
>not only teaches ground control, but escaping too; if you're on the ground with an opponent, you don't want their friends to jump in
>not as aggressive as wrestling
>pulling guard is a great way to get your teeth stomped in

Judo:
>teaches you balance very well
>many great throws that don't require a huge deal of strength or energy
>lots of submissions similar to BJJ
>great ground control techniques
>is purely defensive

Sambo:
>is a mix of wrestling and judo; combat sambo incorporates kickboxing
>introduces you to leg locks a lot earlier than other grappling styles
>unlikely to find a decent school unless you live in Eastern Europe
>>
File: FindingNiceGirls.jpg (29 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
FindingNiceGirls.jpg
29 KB, 720x405
>>37699658
>>37699758
TL;DR is do Muay Thai/Dutch kickboxing and a grappling art. Most MMA schools will teach you the middle ground between striking and grappling, some with more of a focus on the other. But training MMA will acclimate you to watching for the takedown while striking, and defending against striking when you want to grapple.
>>
File: madara.png (249 KB, 826x475) Image search: [Google]
madara.png
249 KB, 826x475
>>37690118

Implying any lame-ass fighting techniques you master will EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha. Let alone defeat him.

And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.
>>
>>37698317
>>37690666
Ayy I didn't know Satan grew up in chicago
>>
>>37690118
I'm a manlet. I have glasses and I have permanent hearing loss in my right ear
>JUST
The neighborhood I live in used to be really nice, but more niggers and white trash are moving in. Also, non white-washed Indians and Arabs are also moving in acting like they own the place. What martial arts can I study to make me feel more secure? I usually run away from fights but I just want to know that if I'm in a situation where I can't run away I'll have a chance.
>>
>>37690512
>kill man
>claim we were fighting to death
yeah.
those were the days, sure. god, you guys are retarded.
>>
>>37690512
even in rome stuff like that wasn't easy.
i don't even know what time or country you're refering to.
you just said stupid stuff and want to kill people because you carry a lot of hate in you.
>>
I don't get all these violent power fantasies. I just like lifting for fun what kind of board is this?
>>
>>37700479
no idea, those guys are retarded as fuck.
just work out, be fit and stuff, but why this useless violence?
>>
File: 1411548365930.gif (2 MB, 394x215) Image search: [Google]
1411548365930.gif
2 MB, 394x215
>>37690118
I know how to fight - tackle into fireman's carry, grab their foot, drop them and start twisting.

If they roll with it, counter and they can't walk for the next 6 months.
If they don't roll with it, they can't walk for the next 6 months.

Also, if they're bigger and you suckerpunched them or lucked out, they can't chase you.
>>
>how can you use martial arts to defend yourself on the street if the other guy has a gun, a knife and 4 friends
>see, its completely pointless to learn because of this far-fetched worse case scenario, I'm gonna go continue being an insecure cuck who has no idea how to defend himself

/fit/ logic
>>
>>37700401
Wrestling, judo, boxing, bjj, muay thai, kickboxing.... anything where you actively spar or you're just getting ripped off by some bullshit sensei
>>
File: 768705-6140604-95s.jpg (13 KB, 293x296) Image search: [Google]
768705-6140604-95s.jpg
13 KB, 293x296
>>37692645
>>
File: 1459442482565.png (283 KB, 714x335) Image search: [Google]
1459442482565.png
283 KB, 714x335
If I wanted to get started, say I picked Muay Thai or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, do I just google "<fighting discipline of my choice> gyms"?

And call them up and ask about their beginner classes?
>>
>>37700794
Yes
>>
>>37700794
Most places will let you go take a class for free, you could just walk in and ask if you see a gym near you
>>
>>37690310
>Why would I EVER need to fight in my life?
When you can't run away or call anyone for help and don't have any weapons and are about to get your ass whooped unless you fight
>>
>>37700794
Remember to vet too.
>http://mcdojo-faq.tripod.com/
>>
File: 1466890769503-1.jpg (36 KB, 186x205) Image search: [Google]
1466890769503-1.jpg
36 KB, 186x205
>mirin lats
>no homo
>>
File: Daniel_Mendoza.jpg (563 KB, 822x1152) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Mendoza.jpg
563 KB, 822x1152
Avoid fighting at all if possible, that being said here are a few things I got from research.
Look at early UFC, where there were no rules at all, people soon found out that BJJ and ground game are number 1 in 1v1 scenarios.
Now mix it in with striking and grappling, and you have MMA and diffrent styles emerged.
In a street fight, you don't want to take a fight to ground because of concrete and thier friens will pound you.
Boxing can help, but make sure you don't take a regular boxing stance, do as pic related. Old tmey boxing(basically a street fight with no shots below the belt), you could throw kick grapple people, this was the optimal stance.
Also punch vertically and lots of body shots and only punch the face not the skull.
>>
>>37690118
Why? I live in a country with guns.
>>
File: 1397470021382[2].png (9 KB, 904x542) Image search: [Google]
1397470021382[2].png
9 KB, 904x542
>>37690270

As someone who does both this is just stupid as fuck lmfao. If someone can curb stomp you on the ground, you can also get donkeypunched by their friend and THEN get curb stomped on the ground for sure, since you have no fkn idea how to get back up.

With that said, DON'T learn BJJ first if its for self-defense. You it's terrible in the clinch and for actually getting people to the ground, and that's just against a guy the same size as you. It takes wayyyy too long to actually learn how to get someone to the ground effectively.

Learn Boxing + Judo or Wrestling. Kickboxing and Muay Thai are S-tier as well, but it takes longer to get good hands since you're learning a lot of kicks as well, and kicks aren't that useful in most situations where fights happen (bars/parties). Both Judo and Wrestling will let you be the one to decide if you want to take the fight to the ground or not (way better throws and clinch than BJJ), and they both have a top-heavy game which is what you want in a fight.

Don't get me wrong, BJJ is obviously great on the ground, but it'll take like 3-4 years to be able to throw/clinch on the same level as a 1 yr judoka or wrestler, and those 2 aspects of grappling are imo far more important
>>
>>37690118
>unfortunately not all countries allow firearm defense and to carry a firearm and be caught with it means big trouble
Then don't live in such a cucked country
>>
>>37701279

It should be noted that you can throw someone on the ground but not go to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHMoEEHPKQ
>30 seconds in for throw

Being able to do this is GOAT. Strikers always bitch and moan, "muh multiple attackers!", well what the fuck are you gonna do if one of their friends grabs you? Grappling isn't just laying on your back on the ground. You can't 1 punch KO every one.
>>
>>37701522
>that video
>wrongneighborhoodmotherucker.jpg
>>
>>37701522
Yea old old timey boxing, you could throw people to the ground, that's why thier stance(look how square his feet are) are like that, to avoid being thrown . It was a mixture of grappling and striking. I agree grappling is great, but knowing both is better.
>>
File: sliderweb3-1025x440.jpg (76 KB, 1025x440) Image search: [Google]
sliderweb3-1025x440.jpg
76 KB, 1025x440
What about luta livre folks?
>>
>>37690168
A gun.
>>
>>37691887
Shoot him because that shit only happens in movies.
>>
File: g19_gen4_45.png (330 KB, 1000x536) Image search: [Google]
g19_gen4_45.png
330 KB, 1000x536
>I will fight to protect m'lady like a real man
*tips fedora*
>>
>>37690336
>that video

That was just one giant clusterfuck. I agree that everyone needs a solid foundation of strikes more than anything--it's bare minimum for fighting. BJJ has an issue with competition focus when causes some instructors to overemphasize locks, and ignore ground strikes. I still don't understand this because even a cursory study of UFC fights would show anyone that most fights don't end with a fucking tap out.
>>
>>37690118
i feel like every boy in highschool should be forced into the wrestling program, it enforces discipline and teaches self defense skills, also great social enviorment
>>
>>37690270
Is this a copypaste because I've seen this too many times
>>
>>37691536

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/bjj-black-belts-point-of-view-why-jiu-jitsu-is-not-suitable-for-street-fighting/
>>
>>37701467
Conversely, don't live in such a shithole that a violent confrontation is a realistic scenario.
>>
>>37691111
Ask him if he can slap mine. No homo tho.
>>
>>37690310
>outrunning niggers
wat
>>
>>37704360
Not hard when they lose their jeans if they go beyond a brisk walk
>>
>>37691467
if you read this, i am glad you wrote this and are among us
>>
All these basement dwellers arguing about the best discipline i bet you faggots don't even do martial arts

Please do not leave your basement
>>
>>37701129
>When you can't run away or call anyone for help and don't have any weapons and are about to get your ass whooped unless you fight

So 0.00001% of scenarios?
>>
>>37690280
Lol no, if you want to fight you should pick up the basics with a striking art. BJJ will teach you how to fight against trained martial artists.
>>
>>37690118
That's one shitty algorithm senpai.
I carry a knuckle duster in the back pocket of my jeans when i go out. Did karate when i was 12 so i know basic shit. Nothing else needed.
>>
>>37704527
it's best to only voice your opinion if you have experience with the thing you are talking about
>>
Buy a concealed carry gun. Buy a good in-waistband holster. Buy good defensive ammunition.

Never worry about fighting/mugging/robbery

The biggest thing is to stay vigilant. Profile everyone. Don't be a victim.
>>
>>37704547
Whats the point of performing a super complicated locking technique on someone when you can just punch them in the face ?

Seriously unless you're doing MMA I don't see the point in learning BJJ
>>
>>37704665
Alternately don't live in a shithole
>>
>>37704673

BJJ is one of the only martial arts where brute strength isn't an advantage. Watch early UFC vids for proof of that.

Of course there are limits to that, like if a 105lb girl tried to grapple a 180 pound untrained man. I think Royce Gracie has some fights where he chokes out some big ass dudes >>37704673
>>
>>37704690

I don't live in a shithole. But when you're In a city, you never know when you're going to turn down the wrong street, or stop at the wrong gas station.
>>
>>37690118
trash club guido detected
>>
>>37704723
It's called a gun you faggot.

No thug is going to start throwing hands with you. If you're getting mugged or jumped, they have guns and knives.
>>
>>37704723
If you are concerned about safety to the degree you feel compelled to arm yourself with the intent of murdering someone you live in a shithole.
>>
>>37704774

>if you think you should have the right to defend your life you live in a shithole

You must be from the UK
I bet you like watching your girlfriend fuck black guys too?
>>
>>37704761

But I have a gun too. And Ive been through conceal carry classes and go to the range often.

Go on liveleak and watch videos of off duty cops (mostly in Brazil) wax criminals
>>
Copfag here
Pratice running and carry a gun.
>>
>>37704838
No, I think if there is a realistic probability of needing to defend yourself you live in a shithole.

I can happily walk through the seediest areas near me and the only thing I need to worry about is dudes trying to get me to go to their over priced izakaya in broken English.
>>
>>37704692
This board is dedicated to weightlifting so I assumed everyone in this thread lifts and is or is planning to be strong. Not to mention how many guys here pride themselves for being 5'11 and above.
>>
>>37704869

But you never know when you will be in a fight for your life

You voted remain didn't you?
>>
>>37704902
Actually it's dedicated to fitness whuch covers a wide array of activities in pursuit of that goal.
>>
>>37704920
It's dedicated to fitness the same way /asp/ is dedicated to alternative sports.
>>
>>37704913
I know it won't be for as long as I live here.

I'm not sure what your hang up about England is but I'm not British.
>>
>>37704928

Where do you live?
>>
>>37704955
Tokyo.
>>
>>37701462

This. COMPLETELY AGREE.

BJJ and Muay Thai are by far the most effective combo IN THE CAGE.

They take years to get really good at, and they are best suited to an open environment with a good amount of time.

Street Brawl is different. Most real world fights are over in less than 10 seconds. They get broken up, or are so unevenly matched that is over very quickly.

You are in close, and more often then not have objects in your way. In a living room at a party there is a glass coffee table, a few couches and chair messing up your thigh kicks for example.

Also, kicks require more practice to get good an accurate with.

You can make a man a VERY dangerous striker with his fists in less than 3 months of training if he is already decently strong.

By competitive standards he going to be sloppy.

In a real fight, his heavy bag work with allow him to offer rib cracking blows that will instantly end the a fight with an unskilled fighter, or at least even the odds until a bunch of other guys swarm them and pull them away from each other.

Judo too, wrestling, or Even Aikido. The ability to quickly toss someone off of your, or to grab and toss them.

Again, BJJ is more effective if you have time to really use it. What you see in MMA is a long time periods of exhausted men struggling to get a submission advantage. In real life 99% of the situations you encounter would have been ended long before this.

The ability to quickly toss a guy off of you, and to throw fast powerful punches is all you really need.

Think of it like building a physique or strength. you only need to be built enough that in person you look strong and sturdy and decently lean. You don't need to look like Mr.Olympia or be the Worlds Strongest man to be built or strong.

You also don't need the full gambit of UFC skills to be able to handle yourself in a fight.
>>
>>37702478
Bingo.
>>
>>37704971

Oh. Well yeah you're probably right then

I never hear anything bad about Japan
>>
>>37704975
> aikido
You'd be lucky to find 1 out of every 1000 aikidoka who can pull off any of their nonsense on a resisting opponent.
>>
>>37704979
And before that I lived in a high socioeconomic area in sydney (most houses running you over low 2m). The worst you'd encounter there being edgy 16 year olds drinking in a park.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.