[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What id /fit/'s life philosophy? In order to live healthily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: me on the right.jpg (132 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
me on the right.jpg
132 KB, 1366x768
What id /fit/'s life philosophy?

In order to live healthily and fit, discipline and pain are a constant part of the equation, which equates to various instances of discomfort and aversion to complacency.

The world is full of temptations to dissuade you and make you fail. What keeps you going?

Anime fags please kill yourself.
>>
>>37687722
Someone greentext this shit with a fedora image.

I sense a new copypasta
>>
I just try not to think and keep going on sheer mindless momentum
>>
File: Southern Chile 3.jpg (374 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
Southern Chile 3.jpg
374 KB, 800x1203
Since you want to know I've developed a formula which can be integrated into anyone's life, and can serve as a motivating force to self-fulfillment and happiness.

First, one begins with the realization that ultimately nothing matters. Or that any moral system which seeks to create meaning or purpose which we may impose on reality, fails on the grounds of its conception. In that it is impossible to justify its objective validity objectively. Nevertheless, we are faced with a conundrum. One that comes as a result of our present situation, and I mean this in the purest sense. The present, our consciousness, our awareness of being, is subject to various factors which affect our experience. These factors are within our physiology (predisposed to genetics, or other biological imperatives such as nutrition, disease,etc) and also through experience (given the plasticity of our brain, which can be further broken down to its psychology, ex., the effect that language has on our perception, and our external experiences). So ultimately, our perception of reality is constrained by dynamic and static factors that are in one way or another out of control. What do we do about this?

cont.
>>
minimalism + stoicism
>>
if you're not first you're last
>>
>>37687730
How very original
>>
>>37687920
Where is the cont? Phaggot
>>
>Do thing
>Try to do better next time
>>
Aristotelian virtue ethics
>>
>>37687920

So what does one do? How do we justify our daily actions, thoughts and behaviors if there are innate nihilistic implications based on the human experience?

This is where more subjective answers begin to emerge, especially in greek philosophy, and within the "intelligentsia" of the self-development community. But the first step is rather universal: Know yourself. Know what affects your experience. Know how you work.

Become aware of your actions. Of what makes you tick. Of thought patterns. What things you like. How you come to like them. Understand your psychology and your physiology. Not everyone learns the same, not everyone thinks or can think the same. Our psyche is subject to predetermined factors, whether genetic or developed over time, this things can be counteracted or simply accepted as part of who you are, and you must deal with it. Be aware of the things you are good at, the type of thinking, what makes you laugh, sad or angry. Learn about yourself. The more you do, the better it will be to control these factors to take you to where you want to be.

cont.
>>
>>37688114

Okay, I see where you're going with this mate. This is just soft determinism. It's not new. It's not special. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>37688114

You must see your mind as separate of who you are. You are the experience, not what causes the experience. All the things that affect your perception, your consciousness, do not define who you are. If you let yourself identify with your mind, then it will be hard to improve who you are and what can make you happier. Which brings us to the next part:

Finding life-long purposes.

One thing that seems congenital to the motivation of our actions is our need for them to be justified under some reason or another. We simply don't just act mindlessly, and we seek an abstract vindication which pervades our thoughts and behaviors. The fact that I added "lifelong" to the title makes an implicit nudge to the subject of death. The fact that the human experience of each of us will inevitably end.

cont.
>>
>>37687722
Just wasting away until one day I'll be dead forever
>>
>>37688252

Think of yourself at the moment of death, look back at your life. At all those moments. What are the things that will make you rejoice? What are the things that will make you wish you haven't done? We don't have to exclude thoughts. What are some thought patterns that are bringing you down, or have brought you down before and made you wish you had the strength to man up, to accept things for what they are, to not be a sad bitch? Think of this old man dying that is you. What are the memories that will bring more satisfaction and happiness? What are you doing with your life now to create those memories?

Perhaps having a family, having a partner by your side, kids that are caring for you, the joy of grandchildren, a successful career, having been a good member of your community, helped others, kill a nigger, travel to exotic places and trying exotic things. Think of these things you'd want to accomplish and ask yourself how close in line are you living your life that will take you there.

cont.
>>
>>37688381

Before moving on to the next part, it is important to stress that one must not rest the source of your happiness on the success or failure of these lifelong purposes. One must put your happiness on the striving, on the fact that you are doing things to achieve these things. That you are on the path that you think is right, not on the fact that you have reached them, nor on the fact that you failed to get there. When failure or success comes accept them for what it is, continue on your journey and/or find new purposes.

Living through principles.

A virtuous man is one that knows what he wants and goes for what he wants. He knows how to act. He knows what is acceptable and unacceptable to him. His rights and wrongs, actions and behavior, how he exerts his thought patterns and perception on the world, rest on the principles he applies to himself. These are smaller ideas that direct who we are at the moment, but serve as a vessel to reaching our lifelong goals. They are the compass showing us the path to get to where we want to get. We must create them, identify and understand them (how they can be applied to situations in life), and to strive to follow them. They are constrains we impose in ourselves at times, but ultimately makes who we are more concretely, it gives us character and confidence. We exert a strong sense of congruence once we live through principles.

cont.
>>
>>37687722
Love everyone.
>>
>>37688648
really? even non-whites?

i ask this as a non-white.
>>
>>37687722
>In order to live healthily and fit, discipline and pain are a constant part of the equation,
I enjoy exercise.
>>
>>37688709
But why?
>>
>>37688140
>I know a word and I'm better than you because I know this word
>>
>>37688765
That's why I browse /lit/ and you fail at life living in ignorance at the gym.
>>
>>37688731
I've always liked strength training ever since I started, somehow moving against resistance is a satisfying feeling.
>>
>>37688765

I'm just telling you that nothing you've said is remotely original. It's very easy to plagarise philosophical ideas and share them as your own with people who aren't educated in that field.
>>
>>37688834
the fact that something is an accepted idea doesn't mean he didn't develop it himself, a lot of them are pretty basic to human thought and not that complicated.
>>
>>37688834
Sure, I'll cite the 345345345 people who have developed this line of life philosophy. I forgot that if it isn't original it isn't worth posting on /fit/. I apologize. I am sure your philosophy is incredibly rare and original and will tumble the foundation of everything else we know.

Also, your faggot.

I am curious,
>>
>>37687722
Moderation in everything, except for moderation.
I try to avoid excessive bullshit in my foot, I avoid processed foods and ones that have been interfered with, I tend to eat cuts of meat and boiled vegetables for the most part, the majority of my calorie intake is probably crunchy organic peanut butter.
>>
>>37688951
>I try to avoid excessive bullshit in my foot
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>37688912

It's worth posting, it's just poor form to post it as your own. I personally follow Aristotle's virtue ethics, though when I was young and stupid I followed a more absurdist approach.
>>
File: 239991.p.jpg (49 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
239991.p.jpg
49 KB, 550x413
True happiness can only be gained through the pursuit of virtue.
True virtue can only be gained by following the teachings of jesus.
>>
>>37688967
I elaborated in the next part, but I didn't make it very clear.
I avoid food that has been packed out with flour, water or chemicals, or has been processed like mechanically retrieved or reformed meat.
>>
>>37688951
>>37689009
I meant food, didn't notice it due to multitasking, my bad.
>>
>>37688987
Mormonbro here. Is this troll or srs?
I want to know that I'm not alone here.
>>
>>37689033
obviously a troll. nobody really believes jesus existed.
>>
File: 1460250141404.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1460250141404.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
Boshidu.
>>
>>37688987
>The origins of the word virtus can be traced back to the Latin word vir, "man". The common list of attributes associated with virtus are typically perceived masculine strengths, which may indicate its derivation from vir.
>Originally virtus was used to describe specifically martial courage, but it eventually grew to be used to describe a range of Roman virtues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtus_(virtue)

virtue is Roman.
>>
>>37689051
It's not about belief whether it happened or not. It's about the virtues that come with it. The strength of the community, the brotherhood, our families and the principles we live in, all stem from following those virtues. If those social benefits come as a result of believing something that seems incredible then so be it. I am happy to be part of it, to help others be part of it and to extend these virtues to others.

Also, there's the whole being the only ones with high birth-rates from whites and also the defeating islam worldwide thing.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.