[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Controlled nutrition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: hell is repetition.jpg (100 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
hell is repetition.jpg
100 KB, 610x611
This is the year I will finally do things right, master the fundamentals of nutrition and see my abs for the first time in my life. No room for guesstimating, no room for winging it, no time to waste.

Am I doomed to eat the same things multiple times a day for months on end like in pic related? Is there a way around this hell? How do I introduce some variety but still make sure the macros and number of calories per day stay within the predetermined limits?

My head is spinning from all these puzzling calculations. I add one ingredient to the meal and it changes the macros percentages. It's like playing whack-a-mole. How do I get my head around it? How did you manage to make it, /fit/? I don't wanna die without ever experiencing being lean...
>>
Git gud
>>
>>37687773
Ok, but how do I git gud?
>>
>be me
>just lift and eat when hungry
>including burgers pizza and lots of beer
> 6'2 200lbs
>have 6pack naturally shredded.
> tfw you win genetics lotto
>>
>>37687880
I would call bullshit but I have a friend that does this and he's pretty ripped.

He doesn't drink beer but he smokes a lot (weed and sigarets), but does pullups and physical exercise like biking, hiking, skateboarding, etc etc
>>
>>37687880
Eat a burger and down a brewski for me and enjoy your life friendo, I'm afraid your methods have not worked for me so well.
>>
Give yourself days where you eat intuitively. Still stay within goal calories, but eat freely and have high protein. Macros don't have to be perfect everyday, bro. Sensible dieting
>>
>>37687711
Seasoning is your best answer.
Chicken and rice can be served at least 100 different ways. Also, broke people in Ethiopia alternate between 3-4 seasonings on their dry rice and that's the extent of their food variety. Man the fuck up and stop caring so much about your tongue palette.
>>
Thank you, this is very helpful. I will man up and have a long session of number crunching so I can create at least 4 different dishes that have different ingredient combinations like chicken, fish, eggwhites etc. If I can create 1 dish, I can create 3 more, r-right?
>>
>>37687711
Just hit your calories and protein. I don't give a fuck what my other macros are and I've turned out just fine.
>>
>>37688232
Could you give some advice how to ensure the number of calories stays within limit when dealing with multiple ingredients?
>>
>>37688301
Well my diet is almost all restaurant food so it's a lot easier. I also have the same thing everyday. I have Chipotle for lunch, McDonalds for a snack, and then I go home and make plain chicken breast for dinner. I also drink 4 protein shakes a day, and have 2 cups of trix cereal as a snack. Gives me a total of 3100 calories which is what I need for a slow bulk.
>>
>>37688327
Thanks. Do you use the same diet when cutting, or do you abandon the fast food?
>>
>>37688301
measure them individually as you put them in, are you actually retarded?
>>
>>37688434
Thanks for the answer. As per your inquiry, not to my knowledge, just new to this and want to get this right, so would rather ask too many questions just to be sure. Remember, your answers might benefit more people reading this, not just me.
>>
>>37687824
first you gud then you get it
>>
>>37687711
Controlled Nutrition - Controlled Gains
Uncontrolled Nutrition - Uncontrolled Gains
It's just science bro
>>
File: ido-portal.png (791 KB, 1826x948) Image search: [Google]
ido-portal.png
791 KB, 1826x948
In my view there are two controls that you have over food.

>1. What you eat (Macros/ Calorie Budgets/ Nutrition Density/ Phytochemicals etc.
>2. When you eat ("Eating Hours of the Day"/ Intermitant fasting Protocol)

>You see the problem is we will always fuck up.
>You will eat your 2162 kCal of perfectly prepped food for 2 weeks, then something will happen
>emotional turmoil
>stress at work/school
>whatever, Then you fall off the wagon and feel terrible

For the last few months I've employed Intermitant Fasting to help me with my chronic overeating.
>I eat from 11-6. So 7 hour eating window, 17 hour fast
>I've found this useful
>Since I can only eat for 7 hours, I can only realy fit in 2 meals + 1 snack
>I dont negotiate with myself after or before eating hours
>---"But I didnt have enough to eat today"
>---"Too fucking bad, you wont die, be more careful tomorrow"
> Also I find that after a while I tended to naturally gravitate toward more nutritious things because eating shitty would leave my more hungry after 6pm
>say, Id choose brown rice& lentils as my carbs rather than a slice of white bread.
>My sleep is better because I dont eat for at least 5 hours before bed
>My training doesnt get held up because I train before my first meal.
>take a nice singular dump every morning
>have lost 10 lbs so far

Its like this one simple control that yields all these benefits.

Dont believe all the supplement company horse shit that says you must be on iv drip 24/7 with protien or else you'll go strait catabolic

Its a more human/ flow/ less neurotic style, though I can see how it can be intimidating
>>
>>37687711
you ride a bicycle as much as I do/did, you won't be able to physically eat enough food to get fat.
>inb4 cardio kills gains
>>
>>37687914
for some people, just living life as it really does work. I used to be fat, but I actually changed my lifestyle over the years so that now I dont count calories, or even weigh myself- yet I've managed to keep a 25 inch waist for years now. I just make sure to keep active in general (like to bicycle a lot, refuse to be lazy), and not eat like a total pig. I mean I eat chocolate cupcakes and such, but I can't stand to eat more than one at a time every so often. I've just naturally changed my food preferences to things that fuel my body like whole grains and veg
>>
>>37687711
Stop being a faggot and get an easy 300kcal deficit in, dieting really isn't rocket science. Keep the proteins high and watch to get enough micros.
>>
>>37688851
>>37687914
another sidenote, I also smoke weed a lot like your friend (continuously every day)
>>
>>37688327

>4 protein shakes a day,

Are you fucking retarded or 7'?
>>
>>37688419
I just reduce what I get and cut out the cereal and fries until I'm at 1700 calories.
>>37689134
It doesn't hurt me to have more protein. And I don't like cooking as you can tell by my diet, so I get a lot of my protein from shakes.
>>
>>37688747
That does sound super convenient, I might try it after I get the basics down. Are your 2 meals super huge? Is it you in the pic?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.