[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 16:8 too little for intermittent fasting? I usually operate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 865x796) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 865x796
Is 16:8 too little for intermittent fasting?

I usually operate around 16:8 anyways

>dinner at 8:30pm
>no breakfast
>lunch at 12:30pm
>shake at 3:00pm
>dinner at 8:30pm

Should I try a 20:4?
>>
>>37687451
I do 20:4

But if you really and truly do not consume a single calorie after 8:30 you should be good to go as is.
>>
>>37687470
I don't. I've been doing it for 2 days now but it just seems like it's not very difficult. I've read that your metabolism slows down to make you less hungry though.
>>
i've been doing 23:1 since march and i've had no problems, the less time i spent eating the better at least for a cut, i can fit 1200 cals in 1 hour easy, i normally eat around 2 or 3 pm
>>
you need LOT of mass on pecs, lats, shoulders, biceps, triceps, probably legs, the rest is ok...
>>
>>37687497
It isnt supposed to be difficult, that is literally why intermittent fasting exists.
It makes it very EASY to abide by a caloric deficit.

The metabolism nonsense is a bit of malarky.
It actually increases leptin sensitivity and insulin sensitivity, and regulates ghrelin production. So it literally improves metabolism.
>>
>>37687524
>>37687524
How much difference have you seen so far in terms of weight loss and body fat percentage?

>>37687525
That's not me lol.
>>
>>37687524
You're only eating 1200 Calories a day? That sounds like way too little. I'm only 5'8" 140lbs and my maintenance is like 2.2k, so unless you're a turbomanlet you're probably not eating enough.
>>
>>37687524
Imo, a big pre and post workout meal is ideal on training days, but i am sure 23:1 is fine for rest days
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI

You just want to get as anabolic as possible, for that small window of time around when you train
>>
>>37687570
Wtf?
My maintenance is only 2300kcal, and i am an inch taller and 35lb heavier.

Granted i dont track calories burnt from training or cardio, because that shit is a meme.

Anyways i cut at 1500-1800 a day with great results, have dipped as low as 1250 on some days and felt great.
>>
>>37687617
Are you fat? Because I'm about 15%bf so our LBM might not be that much different. If you're a relatively lean 175lb then that maintenance is unusual, but I guess there's just variance.

Anyway, you don't find yourself losing strength at a 1k Calorie deficit? I keep mine at 500 to be safe.
>>
>>37687678
I am like 16%.
>>
>>37687698
To be fair, when i calc my tdee, i always put sedentary, even though i am highly active.

I might grow out of that habit when i am done cutting.
>>
>>37687553
About the same, im just more comfortable eating my calories in the smallest window possible, mainly because i have more time to do other things and also because the less time i spent eating, the less cravings i get

>>37687570
it's not that small at all, it's actually around the bare minimum
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.