[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sigh.jpg (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
20 KB, 638x547
I noticed this kind of behaviors coming up in the past month.

>I wake up without much energy even after sleeping without an alarm

>Getting dressed is a chore

>Stopped brushing my teeth

>I had goals and things I was working for but increasingly just sit on my bed with my laptop and watch movies and browse the internet

>feel tired and lethargic

> seriously lethargic

> shed a tear after dead lift

what is happening with me? and why? how do I fix this?
>>
In the same boat

I haven't had access to a gym recently so been doing more cardio- still feel tired and shit always

Then again I chief through so much weed erry day it's probably broken my brain by now
>>
Are you running at all? Try a 20 minute jog every day, and that should boost your mood a little.
>>
>>37687017
I don't smoke weed or drink and I'm not eating exactly clean atm but I still eat sweet potatoes and greens, what is this that I'm feeling? I want out I don't like it
>>
>>37687026
I'm not running no, but why am I feeling like this? I guess I should see a shrink
>>
>>37687049
Honestly going out might help a bit. Not like meeting people, just going for a walk everyday while the sun is still up.
>>
>>37687063
That's a good idea I'll give it a try, can loneliness be causing this? I know it may be factor, I don't have a lot of friends
>>
File: goebblesdepressed.jpg (83 KB, 800x924) Image search: [Google]
goebblesdepressed.jpg
83 KB, 800x924
>>37686997
You are having a bad case of the Goebbles.

Dont worry anon, keep working at it and at some point you might amount to something special.

Pic related
>>
>>37687049
Well, it could be dopamine and serotonin levels and all that jazz, which running helps with. If you feel like seeing a shrink is your best bet, go for it. I would still advise a twenty minute jog every day while you are in the intake and first meeting process to help you get over any anxiety you may have over seeing a shrink.

Is there anything particularly rough going on in your life right now?
>>
>>37687119
I'm one year into finishing highschool, I'm a little uncertain about what I want to do with my life or what job do I want, I just tarted lifting and have been enjoying it a lot.. other than that I guess loneliness I'm pretty alone besides my family and I was always ok with it, I had some friends that I used to hang out with but I moved states and dont see them anymore and it's hard making new friends so I just accepted being contempt with loneliness for a while, shit it might be this.. but I don't feel exactly sad for being lonely I don't feel like it's a bad thing for now.
>>
>>37687161
A big mistake a lot of high schoolers make is thinking that they have to decide what they went to do right out of the gate. That's not true. You probably won't find your true calling until your mid to late twenties.

Keep lifting, but add a light jog.

Tell me a little but about your hobbies, and I'll see if I can't figure out how to help you meet people.
>>
>>37687256
Well for the moment hobbies are graphic design and playing football, my problem is not meeting people but making the transition from acquaintances to friends, I want to get into programming as off late but the lethargy is enormous I can't even bring myself to start new things it's like my energy and motivation are gone for some things.
>>
>>37687308
Sorry to keep harping on the jog, but it will help. Also, how are you eating? How long are you sleeping?

Are you considering going to college for graphic design or programming? There's a little tiny bit of overlap there, and both skills are useful for more than just gaming. You can go for a year and get your base classes out of the way before you decide which route to take.

As for making acquaintances into friends, how do you approach the subject as it is? Or do you not? Can you invite people over? Are there any local places you can meet up with people in a less intimate setting, like a mall or an arcade or a theme park with a cheap entry fee?
>>
>>37687385
My diet currently is : Sweet potatoes, beans, leafy greens, eggs, lasagna, whole milk, sardines, white/red meat, everything is cooked on the weekends, this a bulk diet after that I plan on going keto, also I already dismissed the choline in eggs being the cause of my mood.

I don't game as my computer inst able to nor do I have an interest anymore (I used to play a lot when I was a kid), I am 18 and leave alone, I'm considering computer engineering but from what I've seen from the courses programming is only about 60% of the content, I leave in Southern Europe and one of my goals is to move to the US, believe it or not I think the US is the greatest country in the world, you guys do a lot of things wrong but nobody can deny the exuberance of it and the american people, I have family in Florida and have visited before, the job market in my country is a joke an engineer gets 800€ out of college which independently of pay raises I think it's a joke, besides this I'm happy to have a home, clothes and food.
>>
>>37687623
I just find it hard to hold on to people I guess.
>>
>>37687623
>>37687640
Do you think this is a result of the move? It's perfectly reasonable to fear losing people you care about, but not so much so for that to keep you from finding people to care about.

Your diet seems fine if you're getting enough water along with it. But, if you get more or less sleep than 7-9 hours, this can lead to depression.

You go where you want to, honey. I live in the U.S. and I like it here. It's not perfect, but I doubt anywhere is. All we can do is try to improve ourselves and it.

If you want to get closer to people, try asking silly little questions that can lead to longer in-depth discussions.

>Do you believe in aliens?
>What do you think about [insert politician here]?
>Have you read [insert book here]? No? Well, let me tell you why this book is awesome, then you can tell me what you like.

I wish I could be more help.
>>
File: 1452859810996.png (92 KB, 498x747) Image search: [Google]
1452859810996.png
92 KB, 498x747
>>37686997
I've had this behaviour for years
I don't think I'm depressed, I'm probably just very lazy
>>
File: n6LsnGl.jpg (404 KB, 650x1976) Image search: [Google]
n6LsnGl.jpg
404 KB, 650x1976
>>37687814
The help provided was more than I could hope, thank you.

>>37687859
how do you live with that curse? How do you get anything done?
>>
>>37687941
I don't or dire consequences force me
>>
>>37686997
It sounds a lot like depression. Do you have anyone to talk to about it? They could help you going to a doctor.

I don't know how the situation is in your country, but seeing a doctor and later a therapist really helped me and is probably the reason I am getting better.

Also: You should try to read up on depression, if you have the energy to do it. Just google for "depression primer" or something like that to find easy digestable material. This helped me a lot with accepting depression as an illness and not as a personal fault.

There is definitely a way out of depression, even if it can take a while.
>>
I identify with OP. Most of my free time is spent in bed with the curtains drawn. Weekends are rough sometimes.

>mfw 3:20PM and still just laying here
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.