[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm on week 5 of a 1000kcal/day cutting diet. thanks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (839 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
839 KB, 2448x2448
So I'm on week 5 of a 1000kcal/day cutting diet. thanks to myfitnesspal, I've been reasonably consistent with my diet minus one cheat day. I've only lost on average six pounds since the start of the diet, which is due to the fact that I've gained back seven pounds this past week. I started at 173, shot down to 161 a week ago, and now I'm back to 167. I've heard of weight fluctuations due to water weight, but this seems extreme. What's going on?
>>
>>37685729
your calories are too low, you need to do a slower cut for quality weight loss. All your doing is malnourishing yourself and losing water weight but as soon as you eat a little bit more than 1000 cals you'll get fat looking.
>>
if your that small and don't have too much fat to lose cutting that low is retarted your going to lose a shit ton of muscle. and every gram of carbs holds 2 grams of water remember
>>
Interesting, so I'd see more results with a 500kcal cut?
>>
are you eating only 100cal a day or 1000 less than matinence?
>>
Don't cut so low. -25% (-500-750cal for most) is as far as you should go

Lower fucks your metabolism short and long term, and induces catabolism.

Bulk slow, cut slow.

Ideally, unless you are pro or near pro, you shouldn't gain more than 10lbs on your bulk. I do 9 months bulk, 3 months cut. Losing 10lbs in 3 months isn't hard at all, and I can easily maintain what I gained, if not continue to gain as I eat 2500 instead of 2750.

Guy who bulks 30 lbs gains the same amount of muscle as me, but will not only spend much longer trying to lose it, he will waste even more gains going catabolic
>>
1000 below maintanence. I eat the macros and calories that myfitnesspal puts me at which considers a 2 lb per week weight loss goal and the exercise I do daily
>>
>>37685842
To clarify I am talking only fat, no lean/muscle when I talk gaining/losing 10lbs etc
>>
>>37685760
Lmao this idiot right here, you really think eating more will speed up fat loss? Top fucking kek
>>
Bump, any feedback/tips are appreciated!
>>
>>37685729
Inaccurate bodyweight scale?
>>
if your tracking your calories you know that it's not possible that you gained 6 pounds in a week. it was water weight probably due to more glucose in the cells and probably shit and being more hydrated. this is why scales arnt always the best thing to go on
>>
>>37685905
That's what I'm seeing places too, but I'm skeptical since seven pounds in a week sounds like a lot of water to retain
>>
>>37685842
Very interesting. So is a 1.5 lb per week goal more realistic? Or 1 lb per week? Seems like you're saying 2 lb per week isn't healthy/realistic
>>
Are you weighing yourself the same time of the day? And I weigh myself in the morning and after a few meals and drinking a lot of water my weight is always 5 to 10lbs heavier. Nothing to worry about. You would really have to fuck up bad at counting calories for any of it to be fat
>>
>>37685937
It's been said you can have a deficit of 31 calories for every pound of fat you have.
>>
>>37685956
Yeah my weighing is consistent time and conditions. Now that I think about it I would have to eat roughly 7k calories over maintenance to gain a pound of fat right? Definitely haven't done that lol
>>
File: 20160625_100928.png (135 KB, 1439x1963) Image search: [Google]
20160625_100928.png
135 KB, 1439x1963
>>37685995
weigh yourself every day at the same time and do a 7 day rolling average of the values.

pic related is my daily graph. Gold line is my goal of 1.5lb per week
>>
>>37685729
Everybody retains water during the day, as it is needed to make the body function. You should weigh yourself in the morning, as the body usually gets rid of the water overnight, and for me, after taking a shit. Two ways to get rid of water weight: sauna, and drinking more water. It sounds strange, but drinking more water helps flushing you out. Also track your sodium intake. And yes, in the morning I'll be 166, the evening I'll be 172. Next morning back to 166,stop freaking out.
>>
>>37685729
Look up glycogen, and how your body stores water with carbs and salt.
>>
>>37685937
You will lose weight, but you will be losing a lot of muscle if you do over 1.5lbs a week. It's just shooting yourself in the foot for when you want to bulk up again, not having those functioning core muscles to get your workout going.
>>
>>37685805
your bf % * your weight * 31 = your maximum deficit
>>
>>37685859
a great deficit simply makes your body more likely to eat more of its muscle along with the fat.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.