[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ do about nightmares?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Stained Glass Forestalt.png (591 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Stained Glass Forestalt.png
591 KB, 1280x720
What does /fit/ do about nightmares?
>>
>>37682314
Accept that they are actually pleasant compared to the depressing monotony of real life.
>>
wake up

>>37682344

if you think that life is monotonous and depressing, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>37682314
I can't remember any specific nightmares so I guess I just forget them.
>>
>>37682314
I wish I had them so I would dream at least.
>>
Literally cannot remember a single nightmare. Worst dreams I have I get in fights but my punches don't hurt anyone. Like I'm hitting them with a feather.
>>
>>37682314
>having sex in dream
>wake up
>cry back to sleep
>>
>>37682314
wake up, watch an episode of a cartoon so I forget most of it, go back to sleep cause I'm not a complete bitch

I used to have nightmares really often but now I think I'm too depressed to even feel fear, so all my dreams are boring as shit
>>
>>37682421
>all my dreams are boring as shit
This, really.
I don't remember 99.99% of my dreams anymore and the ones I do remember for a couple hours after I wake up don't really make sense.
>>
9 times out if 10 I know why I have the nightmares I have (ie certain problems or insecurities), so I can just work on that (or suppress it enough that I forget and not have nightmares)
>>
File: 07.jpg (23 KB, 485x261) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
23 KB, 485x261
>what do you do about nightmares?
What did op mean by this?
>>
>>37682412
Iktf I used to have dreams where I'd beat someone's face into the ground but it ultimately did not hurt them. No matter how hard I tried.
>>
>>37682314

Recognize you're in a bad dream and turn it into your own action movie. You now have superpowers to even the odds--lightning reflexes, super-strength, flying, guns everywhere, whatever.

I can only do it about half the time though. It's fun when it works.

>>37682459
God the worst one I ever had was one where I discovered I was stabbing my dog with a knife, and then I was horrified, and then I tried to put my poor mortally wounded dog out of her misery but I couldn't. Worst nightmare ever. No turning that one into an action movie.
>>
Count your fingers. The part of the brain that controls logic and memory is not active when you're sleeping. So you will have more or less than 5 fingers. Or you can read something, look away, then retread it. If the sentence changes, you're in a dream.
Usually recognizing that you're in a dream is enough to snap you out of a nightmare.
>>
I haven't had any for over 6 years because I stopped caring and I'm aware that I'm dreaming most of the time.
>>
>>37682314
I do about 5 sets
>>
>>37682585
Or you could leave /x/ tier cringe alone and just realize you went to bed
>>
>>37682344
Calm down edge lord youre stabbing me
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.