[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you have actually read the sticky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
How many of you have actually read the sticky?
>>
Not me, but to be fair I don't lift either. I've just been coming here since 2008 for the dank memes.

...I don't think I'm going to make it
>>
Read it about 2 years ago but disagree with a sizeable chunk of it. Also think that fits obsession with it is unfounded.
I rage a little every time a new friend comes to the board and gets the "READ THE FUCKING STICKY" response even though a decent amount of the time they are asking something that either isn't covered in the sticky or at best is only briefly mentioned.
>>
>>37682221
>reading the sticky created by some white nerd kid that never ever touched a barbell

lol. That's like asking a someone how to fish that's never been in or around the ocean in their life.
>>
Read it, reread it then printed and used it as go to material for my first year of lifting.

It's a good start, but you need to also explore more yourself
>>
I self learned calorie counting / macro tracking and proper training methods outside of /fit/, YEARS ago.

Also, most of the stick links to Lyle McDonalds work.......I've had his books for years, before 4chan existed. A lot of Lyle's work is from another guy from the 80s.
>>
>>37682221
I made the wiki so....
>>
>>37682240
the sticky answers almost every question asked by newcomers.

"I'm fat, what should I do?"
"I'm skinny and want to be toned for summer, what should I do?"
"what routine should I do?"
"I only eat chicken and rice but I'm still fat, why?"

etc... almost every question asked on this board is fucking stupid.

the sticky isn't the end all be all of fitness and nutrition, but it's more than enough as a base and for pretty much every single newcomer.
>>
That examine site is pretty good. As well as labdoor. I wish they included it in the sticky.

>>37682238
??? I'm confused. Why do you waste your time.
>>
>>37682270
And that's fine but my problem is when a newcomer doesn't ask a stupid question they still get sent to the sticky. I normally assume that whoever sends them there in cases like that hasn't read the sticky themselves and just assumes it answers every question
>>
>>37682221
skimmed it
If it's good enough to get me through undergrad it's good enough to post like I know shit
>>
>>37682280
I originally put some effort into it but gave up back then and now I just come to the board every now and then with the small chance in the back of my mind that I might actually try to change myself some day. It has already been a decade of this shit though, so...
>>
>>37682308
If you're financially secure, you should do it. If you keep going, people at the gym will respect you and realize you're just trying to better yourself. In a year from now, you can really make a big difference. I started a year ago but stopped due to school. It's a bad excuse and I wish I kept going.
>>
>>37682221
I had been working out around 6 years before every coming to /fit/. I skimmed it for stuff I didn't already know and found some good stretches.
>>
>>37682221
Yes but it's not relevant to me because I want to do bodybuilding not powelifting and all of the intermediate and above routines listed are strength focused
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.