[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: BeforeAfterFit.jpg (401 KB, 1118x708) Image search: [Google]
BeforeAfterFit.jpg
401 KB, 1118x708
QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

How was your day?
>>
bad

i had to work a long day (8am until 9pm) and then was only able to hang out with my gf for about an hour before she went to work
>>
>>37681821
mine was amazing.

Made great money this week and made a few bucks off stocks. plus with BREXIT going through, im at a super high

cheers
>>
>>37681821
At least you're working! You're gonna make it.

>>37681839
Is it bad I only made money because bitcoin?
>>
Pretty shit.

Turned 26 today. No one but my family remembered. Asked a few friends if they wanted to get drinks tonight and none of them could. Girl I like turned down a second date. Just going to go to sleep early and hope tomorrow is a nice day.

Anyone know if 24 Hour Fitnesses have a decent amount of equipment? Just moved and that and Planet Fitness are the two closest gyms to me, but I've heard PF blows.
>>
Question: While in noob mode, is it fine to practice all the exercises with an unweighted bar on off days? Just to keep the forms fresh in mind.
>>
>>37681866
happy birthday, white brother!
>>
>>37681796
Mediocre
Drank beer and played vidya with the boys
>tfw no gf

5'7 200 lbs, lifting 1ish months with lots of cardio. Down 20 lbs over 2 months
>cutting hard

People say lift while I cut.
Will my lifts go up while I'm cutting?
Should I lift 6 days a week with minimal cardio or lift 3 days and cardio 3 days?
Will the results be better over 6 months - year?
>>
File: 2462016.png (2 MB, 1456x872) Image search: [Google]
2462016.png
2 MB, 1456x872
my goal is ottermode. i recently left skinnyfat mode, but now i find out my fat distribution sucks.

I am skeletalmode yet i have fat covering my abs. do i keep cutting as i have been doing so maybe i see my abs, or do i bulk slightly so i cover up my ribs?
>>
How many scoops of protein should I have if im on a cut
>>
>>37681866
Happy Birthday!!

>>37681884
Since you're just starting, you can definitely gain muscle while on a cut.

>>37681888
I'd say start bulking.

>>37681925
Depends on your weight and height. Usually you want more to conserve your muscles.

>>37681871
Sure!
>>
>>37681881
>>37681948
Thanks, non-white brother and other dude.
>>
what kind of ab work should i add to SS?
>>
>>37681796
I started SS a couple weeks ago and I was squatting 170 today and I don't think I'm clenching my core enough. Should I start using a belt or should I just git gud?
>>
For ppl
Does it matter if you do push pull legs instead of pull push legs?
>>
>>37681796
Good week so far.
Cut is holding well, losing pounds like Britain.
Strength is dipping a bit, but steady
Martial arts training has been on point, very good gains there.
Work is going well
Enjoying the study break
Got a girls number And banged her

All in all 8/10 week
>>
>>37681871
Yeah man that's fine, I did that too. As long as you're not fatiguing yourself with just the bar then you're good to go.

I used to use an old bow staff from when I was a kid in TKD to practice movements when I was starting. It really helps to just solidify the movements in your head.
>>
Why the fuck is protein so expensive lads?
I can't afford anything but shitty carbs (I can at least avoid junk food, but it's not much better), and it doesn't help I'm in Canuckland, where everything is more expensive
>>
>>37682246
You'll be squatting a day after deadlifting heavy, so there's that to take into account.

If you squat low bar then your lower back might feel a bit fatigued on Leg day from heavy deadlifts the day before.

If you're just starting though, you may be fine, as the weight won't be too taxing on your body yet. But once you start lifting heavier, you'll grow to want that extra day of lower body rest between pull and legs
>>
File: 1462131551728.png (961 KB, 578x900) Image search: [Google]
1462131551728.png
961 KB, 578x900
5'6 manlet
So currently @158
what weight would sub 10 percent body fat look like 130-140?
>>
>>37681796
i really should start going to the gym but fuck there are so many people there and i got social phobia

god damn it
>>
>>37682343
Go later in the day?
>>
File: url.jpg (13 KB, 408x123) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
13 KB, 408x123
Yes or no?
>>
does anyone have that butt workout picture
to make your butt bigger
>>
>>37682343
i only go at 3am for this reason
>>
okay so last week i snapped my shit up when i deadlifted 3 plates for the first time, went to the hospital to check my spine. The results say i got schmorl node in L4, how fucked i am?. i can walk and run but i havent lifted since the accident.
>>
>>37682570
ask your doctor
>>
Question(s):
Does doing deadlifts make your waist bigger?

Also, I've found that doing some ab work also engages the hip flexors and external obliques which makes my waist larger than I desire. How can I work abs but also work my way around this?
>>
>>37682504
Donkey kicks
Barbell thrusts
Good mornings

Those are really all you need to add, assuming you already squat and deadlift
>>
>>37681796
Best type of training to get overall bigger, stronger and faster?
>>
>>37681796
I worked and then I went to the gym and hit my back. Then I came home and fapped and now I'm just chillin. Pretty average day
>>
>>37681888

BULK
>>
How do you do SS with only resistance tubes?
>>
>>37681871
Yes.
Is good low intensity cardio, that still is primarily reliant on muscle glycogen depletion over fat oxidation (this is better cardio for a myriad of reasons) and will slightly promote fat loss (roughly as much as briskly walking)

>>37681884
Lifts can absolutely go up on a cut. I am permacut and adding weight still,even though i the press over a pl8 for reps.
Dont stress if your lifts drop, just lower the volume and trudge on.
Even if you make no gains, or cant even maintain lifts, that is nothing to stress over.

Because you are getting your body to preserve muscle mass.
>>37681888
..try liftan
>>37681925
Whatever fits your macros.
I find protein powder isnt filling enough, so i opt for meats on a cut.
>>37681948
Check eric helms research.

Your protein requirement decreases slightlymin a deficit.

Other than that your advice is solid.

>>37682022
None.
Senpai rippetoe knows more than you, despite what the shitposters of this taiwanese pencil enthusiast forum would have you believe.

>>37682246
If you do deadlift on pull it does.
If not, it doesn't.

>>37682060
Do stomach vacuums
Git gud at bracing. belts are for people who can into bracing.
>>
I was thinking of starting a vege garden, what would be the best thing to grow in terms of ease, price, time and gainz?

how do I into vege gardens?
>>
>>37681866
Not sure if still same day for you, but happy birthday, breh.
>>
>>37681796
Can you get swole with sets of 5?
>>
>>37682284
JEEEEEWWWWWWSSSSS!!!!
No srsly tho, something about supply and demand? I'm no economist.
Bulk Chicken thighs are cheap
Bulk whey can be cheap (fuck namebrand bs)
Git a better job, or food stamps

>>37682483
Iifym

>>37682642
I hope you mean cable leg kickbacks.

Split squats are useful, glute bridges,
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 1008x1008
>>37682872
Yes.
Watch peeling back a layer episode 1 and 5
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (321 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
321 KB, 1080x1920
> AFTER /fit/
>>
>>37682803
How do you drive a screw with a rubber band?

>>37682335
Not sure if memeing.
If srs post pic of self or current bf%

>>37682641
Direct ab training is unnecessary.
Do stomach vacuums, and push press for abs.

>>37682703
First train form
Then train strength (literally any novice program - greyskull, ss, reg parks, bill starr, Sl and ICF are garbage. As is adding arm ""accessories"")
Then specialize your training.
Strength and explosivity and mobility? Incorporate oly lifts.
Strength? Strongman or powerlifting.
Mma? All the cardio, oly work, plyometrics, strength training
Aesthetics? Just maximize that there progressive overload, bro
Gymnasts are supposed to have the best carry over to other sports, compared to other athletes.
>>
>>37682952
>How do you drive a screw with a rubber band?
Seriously, I need some sort of variant. Resistance tubes are all I have and I'm a NEET too fucked by my family to get a gym membership.

Help someone make it, anon. What's a good SS variant?
>>
>>37681866
Happy brithday!!!
>>
>>37682952
thanks bro. I'll give both a try although stomach vacuums are really difficult for me haha
>>
>>37682962
Seriously.
I need to drive this scre, and i can only use a rubber band. Pls halp.

There is no strength training you can do.

Just do burpees and inverted rows for anaerobic cardio

>>37683010
All the more reason to do them.
They are hard because your tva is weak.

Strengthen that shit
>>
How do I control my eating habits when shitty foods are forced into my life and I have a really stressful job?
>>
>>37683045
Intermittent fasting.
High protein, high fat, moderate carb diet, high in fiber and micronutrients.
Drinking seltzer water during fast
Drinking black coffee just when you want to end the fast, to push it back just one more hour
>>
When i diddle im supposed to feel my lower traps working and not my upper traps right
>>
>>37683072

This sounds great. Would a job that gives me random ass shifts sometimes late into midnight and sometimes early in the morning back to back affect the difficulty of this by the way?
>>
>>37683045

you need to stay away from junk food if you want to get fit

how are they forced on you?
>>
>>37683090
Nah, just try to,roughly abide by a fasting window of 16-19 hours, and an eating window of 5-8

Obviously 8 hours of that fast you are sleeping, so you can wait 8 hours after waking to eat, or eat only 4 hours after waking, and stop eating 4 hours before sleep.

Whatever works best.
>>
I started wearing a fitness tracker and it is telling me I'm burning just over 3000 calories on a work+gym day - im eating about 3500 is that enough?

Do I need to get more fat? Pic related is a standard days macros for me.
>>
>>37682865
You'll get better help in the homegrowmen thread on >>>/out/ but as for what to plant it really depends on where you live and what you like. Personally I grow tons of cabbage and cucumbers because I love making pickles and sauerkraut.
>>
Been fatmode most of my life, never really cared what I fed myself, I read the sticky and I can't recall anything about serving sizes or much information on meals. Unless I'm a dumbass today.
Either way, how's this for meals during a cut and gym 2-3x a week

>Breakfast
1/2 cup of oats with some blueberries or raspberries

>Between breakfast and lunch
Piece of fruit, typically a mandarin, kiwi fruit or a banana if I feel like one

>Lunch
Usually just wing it or skip it, when I do get lunch it's probably meat/salad sandwich or a bowl with 1/2 cup rice, 1 boiled egg, 1 mushroom and a couple string beans chopped up with a can of tuna

>Between lunch and dinner
Another piece of fruit

>Dinner
Steamed chicken and veges (Carrot, Mushroom, string beans, broccoli and peas)
>>
>>37683085
Scapula is depressed so.. Yeah.
>>37683128
Macros dont matter when bulking.
You are getting more fats than you need.

If you were cutting you would want much more.

3250 kcal would be a better start if you arent a skelly.
You only gain .5lb/week muscle as a natty, so why eat enough to gain twice that???
>>
what defines lean bulking? Is it just a 200/300 cal surplus?
>>
Can you guys recommend me some websites/books for healthy meal suggestions? I know about fitmencook already, but I was wondering if there was anything else.
>>
My pecs never get sore anymore. I miss it.
What can I do?
I usually do 1-2 chest exercises with 3-5 sets of 5-15 reps. I change it up alot, but no matter if I go heavy or endurance, I don't get sore anymore.
I do flat bench, incline dumbbelsl, flyes, cable flyes, dips (and OHP)
>>
File: KDkrK0Y.jpg (337 KB, 1628x2023) Image search: [Google]
KDkrK0Y.jpg
337 KB, 1628x2023
I'm doing a 500 calorie cut with 30/30/40 P/F/C ratio for macroes. I haven't changed anything else, just lift 5 days a week, about 30 mins cardio daily, etc.

Anything I need to do to make my cut successful?
>>
>>37683180
Yea, usually 250kcal surplus.

>>37683189
Food network.
Alton brownis the shit.

>>37683209
Make your cardio anaerobic only.
>>
>>37683191
DOMS is a symptom of an undertrained muscle.
If your pecs still got sore, it would imply chronic under training
>>
>>37682284
Because to make veggies you need to grow veggies, but to make protein, you need to grow veggies, feed them to animals, raise the animals then harvest animal product
>>
File: 1346863380632.jpg (26 KB, 378x333) Image search: [Google]
1346863380632.jpg
26 KB, 378x333
>5'9" (176cm)
>144lbs (66kg)
>eating at 2450kcal/day.

Been lifting for close to 6 months and I haven't put on a sliver of muscle.
>inb4 eat moar
Before lifting I cut down from 170ish lbs so my relationship with eating isn't exactly the healthiest.

How do I make gains without returning to fatfuck mode?
>>
What is a post-workout pump and what does it mean?
>>
>>37683604
blood pools in your muscles and makes them look bigger
>>
Ok I don't know what I'm missing but here goes:

Biceps and hamstrings are analogous muscles right? Each flexes the arm or leg.
So why is it that pushing vertically with the legs (squats) is enough to develop hamstrings, but pressing overhead (ie pushing vertically) with the arms doesn't do shit for biceps?
>>
>>37683675
Push: quads, triceps
Pull: hammies, biceps

You got 'em mixed up, man.
>>
>>37683684
No, I get that. My confusion is squatting will work both quads and hamstrings pretty well, but pressing only hits the delts/tris and nothing for bis
>>
>>37683675
Because of reasons, the hamstrings are working in opposition to the quads.

The bicep do not.

Training back is enough for the bicep, though..
P.s. One of the hamstring muscles is called bicep femoris (two heads of the leg) as opposed to bicep brachialis (two heads of the arm)
>>
>>37683604
>>37683645
They do no "look" bigger, they ARE bigger.
The pump is as the autistic anon wrote before, is when your muscles are pumped with a lot of extra blood. It kind of feels like a tightening sensation, like your skin is too small for your muscles.
The "post workout" bit is just fill to make it sound cool.
>>
>>37683699
I see that. I just don't get why that is. Oh well

And yeah I only curl like once a week, the rest is pulling work
>>
>>37683169
k thanks i felt my upper middle back working and was wondering if that was how it was supposed to be
>>
>>37683738
Make Sure you are only depressing your scapula, not retracting the scapula.
Think shoulder blades pulled down (in your back pocket) not pulled back
>>
>>37683711
Yea i remember reading why exactly, but it was a little involved,mand i dont really care about lifts i dont do.
>>
>>37682483
quest bars are better niqqa
>>
>>37683700
>>37683645
So is it good when you get this? Does it signal you're doing something right?
>>
>>37683759
thanks, a while ago some fat 'powerlifter' told me to pull my shoulders back. i had someone take a video of my form and my back and everything looked good

i just started deadlifting again, did 295 for 3, could've done more but i didn't want to sacrifice form for reps.

i still need to get the feeling down for my form, when he was videoing i thought my back was rounding but in the video it was very straight. gonna go for 3 plates for a couple reps soon
>>
>>37683776
It is a sign that you use your muscles. The muslces needs oxygen to preform, the more you use it, the more oxygen it needs. The oxygen is transported to your muslces through the blood.

The pump is not a sign of a good workout it self.
>>
>>37683688
because they're not the same, ya git

hammies are a lot more involved in hip extension than biceps are in shoulder movements
>>
I've been on a very severe cut and my face looks great now. However, I feel like even if I eat even a slightly big meal, or alot of carbs, my face fattens up again.

Is it all in my head or is it actually happening? I know your body reacts in big ways to big meals but should it be happening on such a hair trigger?
>>
File: 9SEtgJ7.png (2 MB, 1318x1318) Image search: [Google]
9SEtgJ7.png
2 MB, 1318x1318
>>37683817
It's all in your head.
You have body image dysmorphia, and you will never have a sucessful relationship unles you get over your own insecureties.
>>
I got a weird question. Im losing weight. Was 300 now am 250ish

I seem to lose more weight on the right side of my body. My right man titty is smaller. My right arm doesn't have a big fat bulge. It's weird. Not a huge difference but i don't understand it. All my exercises require both sides of my body equally

I am also left side dominant. I even see better with my left eye.
>>
>>37683914
Use a messuring tape. Your mind will fck you over, but the tape does not lie.
>>
This a good split? I added some wrist work, along with skull crushers because the tricep workouts seem to be lacking, but otherwise this seems good.
http://content.tigerfitness.com/6-day-split-workout/
>>
>>37681866
happy bday hope brodin gives you soo much gainz
>>
File: 1462964579418.png (432 KB, 966x817) Image search: [Google]
1462964579418.png
432 KB, 966x817
Do I have to bulk? Or can I eat at maintenance eat enough protein and expect my body to burn some fat for energy?

Scooby said i can do the latter
>>
>>37683817

It's not in your head.

Dehidration will make your face leaner, water will bloat it.

When you are low bf you can see the difference easily between meals
>>
Thoughts about BTN press?

I think it´s fine if you have the thoracic/shoulder mobility.

Will I fuck up my shoulders?

Sorry for shitty quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smcQCv70xs0
>>
Same old. Ate a lot and smoked too many cigs my throat hurts.
>>
>>37684023
damn, so unless I want to dehydrate myself I need to just live with it.

Is there anything I can do to help it like if I'm going to go on a date or something without dehydrating myself and dealing with frothy spit and all that?

>>37683847
I see what you mean, but I don't think I have dysmorphia.. I've had a hard time making myself care about how I look so I doubt I got to that point so quickly.
>>
>>37683987
Your question doesn't make sense.
You have to bulk if you want more mass, you can't gain mass on maintenance unless you stop training at that time.

If you meant cut, then yes.
>>
>>37684030
You will fuck up your acromion.

It's an unnecessary stress for the shoulders, you can make gains while avoiding it.
>>
File: 1466709730029.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466709730029.gif
2 MB, 320x240
How much protein can I have at once? I'm about to have a huge english breakfast with 60 grams protein. Cutting if that makes a difference
>>
Im doing keto. Would i die if i just ate fat? Like can you survive off of just fat?
>>
>>37684087
scooby says you don't have to bulk to gain mass.

he says if you eat at maintenance and eat enough protein you'll gain muscle whilst burning fat
>>
>>37684162
>burning fat
>bulk

choose one
>>
>>37684162
Nigga your body will only build muscle if it has excess energy. Your body will only burn fat if it has an energy deficit.
>>
>>37684099
You can have as much as you want dude.

IF you eat a big breakfast, then eat a small dinner.
It really is not that hard to figure out dude.
>>
>>37684175
>>37684185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
>>
bad idea for a tat?
>>
>>37684185
>Being this summer

When you do cardio your body needs energy. That energy comes from fat storages on your body if you stay at 70-80% of maximum capacity.

If you eat 3-500 clories above maitanence, lift an do cardio you can gain mass and lose fat at the same time.

Dont post your shitty advice onthis shitty board please.
>>37684201
Yes. All tats are a bad idea.
>>
>>37684199
He's clueless sadly.
>>
>>37684201
no, go for it. you wont' regret it
>>
>>37684188
Cheers d-dude
>>
>>37684219
Nah, depends on your body type like the video says. Overly fat and undertrained -> you can lose fat and gain muscle.
>>
>>37684226
not an argument
>>
>>37684226
>Doubting scooby
>>
I've started doing Grease The Groove Negative Chin Ups yesterday. How many and how often is the best to do?
>>
>>37684352
>How many
As many as you can
>How often
Give your muscles 24-72 hours of rest after a heavy workout
>>
File: 0ikLSI3.jpg (365 KB, 1204x659) Image search: [Google]
0ikLSI3.jpg
365 KB, 1204x659
>>37684201
Dragonball is alpha
>>
>>37682962

>NEET
>blames his family

get culled.
>>
I cut really hard this past 6 months, but I wasn't doing any lifting, unfortunately. Now it's time for my first bulk..

Is there any special protocol to changing your diet from a harsh cut to a bulking one without your body putting on a few pounds at the start while it adjusts? Am I supposed to ease into my bulking diet?

If this question sounds retarded, it's probably because I'm very misinformed a out this.
>>
Dyel trying to get out of the dyel trap here, I've been having trouble progressing on my deadlift for ages now. I just can't seem to get that fucking weight of the floor anymore. Any tips on things to work on to improve the actual getting it off the floor part? It mostly feels like my legs aren't really able to push enough to get the deadlift going.
Tldr need to get weight of floor, Wat to work on?
>>
Fatass here. If I eat 1g/lbs of protein while on a massive cut (1350 cal per day, 1kg per week) while on SS, will I actually have some noticeble gains in six months or will I just look less fat?
>>
>>37684650
look at
>>37684199
>>37684608
easing into it will make it a lot esier for you, and you also have more controle that way.
>>37684612
Drop weight, work on form
>>
I don't have alot of space in my apartment and the closest gym is rather far to bike... are resistance bands a reasonable option or are they more for girls, beginnets, etc?
>>
>>37684681
They are not for gaining muscles. The ammount of resistance it can give will not be enough. You can do bodyweight routine on litrally no space.
>>
>>37684670
10% less than my TDEE wont make me look good anytime soon. And adding muscle while doing the things he said sounds like it will take some sweet time to happen
>>
Thoughts on ipamorelin?
>>
>>37683591
Protein ?
>>
>>37684738
if you are looking for a quick way to get ripped, then i have bad news for you bud.
There isa reason that a good looing body is so sought after. It is a goal that takes a lot of time to achive.
>>
>A: Squat, OHP, Chin-up.
>B: Dead, Bench, Row

or

A: Dead, OHP, Chin-up
B: Squat, Bench, Row

?
>>
>>37681796
I've had a lot of phlegm in my airways for 6 or 7 weeks now. I don't know if it's a bacterial or viral infection, do you think I can go lifting anyways?
>>
Ever since I started deadlifts my thighs have grown and now my boxer briefs are just uncomfortable. I don't very much like briefs either, but I've been curious about jockstraps. Are they comfy?
>>
I can no longer make progress on SS, what do I do next? Is there a routine that combines strengh and hypertrophy? What about Texas Method?
>>
>>37684149
I mean you need vitamins and essencial amino acids too, you don't get those from fat.
>>
>>37684790
Is this AxBxAxx or ABxABxx?
Are you varying light and heavy days?
Are you prioritizing the big 3 lifts, or is everything 5x5?
It's hard to answer that question without context. I'd say the second option looks better to me though, even though it might still be a stupid choice.
>>
>>37684785
That's not what I meant. If you stop being such a fatass like I am (on a bigger cut but eating enough protein and on SS) wouldn't you prefer to look somewhat skinny (while working your way towards muscles) than spend a good time being fat while building muscles at a slow pace?
>>
>>37684908
Yeah, sorry about vaugenes.
AxBxAxBx...
Going heavy all the time since I have some noob gains to make still.
Chins are 3XF (going with weight once I get to 15,) the rest is warm-up, 5X5 and then accessories.
>>
>>37684963
Ah that's cool then. I'd go with the second one then definitely. Probably do Sumo Deads (easier on your lower back) or Romanian Deads (lighter weight) every other A session. I just find that if I do OHP and Bench on seperate days then my triceps are still tired but if that's not an issue for you then it should work out fine.
Godspeed.
>>
>>37684980
Thanks.
>>
who goes the gym by themselves?

I usually go with a friend but he's not feeling well at the moment and I dont know why I am feeling anxious about going oto the gym alone
>>
Should I drink this picrelated?

I was given a can from coworker
>>
>>37685025
I go by myself every single time.
Why would you care about other people?
You're just there to make gains, not to make friends.
Put on some headphones, crank that shit, and stop being a pussy.
>>
>>37685045
In the trash it goes.jpg
>>
>>37685045
No, you'll die.
>>
>>37683591
>>eating at 2450kcal/day.

problem found
>>
>>37685045
wth is this? we don't have this shit here in my country
>>
>>37683591
I weigh 6kg less than you and have to eat 3000kcal a day to make gains. Also make sure you're getting enough sleep, drinking at least 2L of water a day and that you're on a routine that's proven to work (SS, Reg Parks, GSLP).
>>
>>37684199

>tfw everyone used to know scooby was a meme
>now people think he knows legit advice
>>
>>37685087
Body recompositing is a thing, though.
Sure, you'll gain a bit slower but for most newbies it's the way to go unless they're skellies or landwhales.
>>
How many eggs can I eat a day?
>>
>>37684835
please respond
>>
>>37685129
It should be the same as bananas so- 55.

(be more specific: weight, bf%, how much protein and HDL/LDL are you getting from other sources etc.)
>>
>>37685129
I really depends on how hungry you are m8.
If you are moderatly hungry I'd say you could go for 15-20 in one day, given that you only eat eggs.
If you are REALLY hungry then who knows man... Maybe 50 eggs in one day?
>>
File: 1466822445922.png (876 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466822445922.png
876 KB, 600x600
I'm currently doing some circuit training, one body part per circuit, and I was seeing great gains in strength and size for the first couple months but now I've started stalling on all my lifts and haven't progressed in a couple weeks.

I love circuit training more than any other form of lifting, do I need to shake it up completely though or is there something I can do to maintain my workout routine but break through this plateau?
>>
>>37685045
It's up to you ffs.
>>
>>37681866
Happy birthday!!!!
>>
>>37685209
your gains were rank-novice gains and easily obtainable doing almost anything. circuit training is more of a cardio workout, so if you want to get stronger or bigger you have to train for it the conventional way.

>>37685130
>>37684835
yeah TM would be a good choice. adding chins, curls and lat raises will fill in the possible 'aesthetic gaps' that people worry about.

>>37684830
>6 or 7 weeks
thats kind of a long time.

but if its just phlegm and you're not dribbling on all the equipment it should be fine.
>>
What kind of routine should I do if I work in construction
>>
I'm starting to like electronic music. Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>37684352
The point of gtg anything is strictly neural adaptation. Fresh and frequent rules, don't ever max out effort. Once every couple weeks or so you can test it out and go for it, but you should be doing any gtg exercise several times a day for a couple reps and then walking away. Have you ever read any of Pavel's books?
>>
>>37681796
I know this is probably just minmaxing but, be fat, looking to lose, just woke so fasted, going to go for an hour bike ride because I heard fasted cardio burns fat.
Also want to lift today.
Should I eat some oats in between? Last time I didn't and my lifts went way down and I was panting after my first set.
>Friends wanted to go out drinking last night, I said na I'm trying to cut Cal's and that's an easy way.
>One looks at me with huge disdain face says whatever
>Sister text's me says she sees them out at a bar why am I not there.
Is, is the crabs in a bucket real?
This was just one fucking time of me making the right decision
>>
>>37685380
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>37684835
http://fitsticky.com/texas-method
>>
are the scales that measure bodyfat garbage and incredibly inaccurate? Are they atleast as accurate as calipers?
>>
>>37683324
>anaerobic cardio
That seems like an oxymoron. How do you do cardio workouts like that, and what's the advantage?
>>
Probably not the right place but worth a shot, recently got a dogbro and have been taking him to the beach on non training days but the fucker sees another dog and runs to see it. Ill chass after him and have to physically pull him away from the other dog then put him on a leash because he wont listen when he sees another dog.
>>
>>37685544
Obedience classes
>>
>>37685551
Ive tried but they say hes too old, hes 2.
>>
>>37685494
Calipers and bodyfat scales are pretty much garbage. If you want a somewhat accurate scale of where your bf% is, you have to shell out for the electro water test

One of my favorites is
>bro I'm at 4% bf, just try to shed those last few pounds so I can see my abs
>>
>>37685494
Depends on the scale, i'm pretty sure i've heard of one that's really expensive but is actually accurate. Can't remember what it's called for the life of me, though. Also those ones that tell you your bf% through your hands are straight bullshit. Your safest and cheapest bet is calipers.
>>
>>37685544
Shock collar, I use them on my coon dogs. I promise you they will start to get the picture when your running fucking lighting bolts through their necks lol
>>
>>37685419
Link song im going to the gym soon and im getting tired of my playlist
>>
Pls help. I just finished squatting and my lower left back is hurting. I feel like it's because of buttwink. I squatted lmao 2 plates and it was hurting a bit last time I squatted but now it hurts more. What do and how fix?
>>
>>37685717
Take about a week off, or it'll only get worse
>>
>>37685746
I had it before and took time off and now it's back. I just want to squat ; _ ;
>>
>>37685761
Go to the doctor
>>
>>37685799
Fuck ok. Can I still do upper body?
>>
>>37685817
I honestly wouldn't do anything at all until you hit up either the chiropractor or your general practitioner. A LOT of people develop horrible back problems in their 30's and 40's and you basically have to use oxycodone to get through the day, I wouldn't risk it.

You said the problem was persisting, so that's why I'm advocating doctor.
>>
>>37685844
OK. I'll go to a doctor. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>37685844
Should I check out a physiotherapist? There's one in the office that I work at.
>>
>>37681866
Happy birthday. Eat some delicious cake today, anon
>>
Is exploding knees a meme or will I genuinely fuck my shit up permanently from running? I've been running a little bit but holding myself back because it's got me worried.
>>
>>37685045
its leprechaun tincture
>guaranteed to turn you into a manlet
>>
>>37685988

I guess you can drink it with no repercussions then
>>
>>37685586
>>37685578
I'm OK if they're off by a % or even 2% but.. I just feel like shit not knowing for sure. Last time I used calipers I got 17% and everyone on fit told me I was 30%.
>>
>>37681866
Happy birthday. With your question: the one I go to has very little equipment so you gotta plan your times. Luckily not many people there lift with the barbell so it's not too bad.
>>
>>37681796
Every morning I wake up stuffy and congested as hell with my sinuses on fire. I've started to use a humidifier in my room and it's help but I still wake up pretty congested and flemy.

Any thoughts on what it could be?
>>
My wife has problems with anterior pelvic tilt (sway back). How would we go about making sure she can squat and deadlift safely?
>>
>>37686042
Change the air filter in your central heat & air you pleb
>>
File: 13EO7_1.jpg (392 KB, 1090x1127) Image search: [Google]
13EO7_1.jpg
392 KB, 1090x1127
Not a question, but I feel like telling /fit/.

>>37681796
Surprisingly good.

Not sure of it was the apple juice or the fap, but I did 15kg dumbbells (hard) and did 30kg (bar plus 2x5) benchpress press easy, could probably bench more but my mate is out of town. Did 60kg weighted dips (dunno how much the machine adds) and stepped up the tri exercises too.

Hoping I can keep it, because only a few days ago I struggled hard with 15kg. It seems every time I do back/arms day I do chest day easier. I stepped up to 10kg curls from 7.5kg too.

Started creatine and fishoil yesterday, now building up the give a fuck to cook two burritos with 20g protein each.

No visual progress, but zero fucks given. I actually like being the lanklet that lifts way more than you expect him too. Feels hidden power.
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 469x447) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 469x447
I have a question,

I feel like people stare me down or dudes are looking for a fight with me 60-80% of the time, on top of this when their is the obvious eye contact that ensues it's like my mind goes into insta-coward mode. I got this big surge of adrenaline in my chest and my knees get weak arms heavy moms spaghetti yadda yadda. I would understand this but on a rational level and emotional one I am at peace at getting my ass kicked, life moves on people lose fights all the time the worse that can happen is I get my ass thoroughly beat. On top of this there isn't even that much chance I would get thoroughly ass kicked I'm probably stronger than the average male l, I've been lifting for two years and do some kickboxing as well so I could put up a decent fight. So why do I feel like this ? Is it paranoia ? Anxiety ? Is it normal just to make eye contact with every fucker that looks your way ? What do you guys do ? Make the eye contact or just look straight ahead ?

As a disclaimer I do have friends etc and a gf so it's not like I'm completely inept with social skills or something. I just feel like my sub-conscious or instincts is just screaming at me to gtfo in these mildy to non-confrontational situations and when it does come to confrontation it goes into over drive which sucks because my mind doesn't. Anyone got any help or experience with this ? Feels bad man.
>>
>>37685080
But that's way above any number I've got from calorie calcs. How are you not gaining fat @ 3000kcal/day?
>>
>>37686256

I'm the same, I don't try to get into fights and try to avoid them as much as possible that being said if a fight were to start I'd be confident in my abilities

I'd say alot of it is in your head, not everyone is mean mugging you or trying to pick a fight
>>
>>37686256
It's anxiety
Find some drug dealer and take 1/4 or 1/2 a bar every day
Or just accept it I guess
>>
>>37686139
No dice, I live an apartment with and we don't have central air. But you do bring up a good point maybe I should get an air filter.
>>
>>37685921
Depends on what type of runner you are. Do you run marathons and shit like that? Then it's basically a matter of time before you fuck something up.
>>
>6'1
>145lbs
Can any lanklet recommend a routine?
>>
How much gams of fat should I get when i'm carb cycling on no carb/low carb days?
>>
>>37681796
I heard you can have uneven pecs because your triceps gets part of the load on compound movements and the pec don't do as much effort. So if your right triceps is bigger and stronger than your left one, your right pec will be weaker and smaller than your left one.

Can I fix this by conciously making more effort with my left arm while benching?
>>
>>37686498
As many as you need to meet your calorie requirements after getting enough protein and hitting your carb goals
>>
>>37686494
Low reps, high weight, long rests between sets.
>>
>>37686494
GSLP + bulk
>>
>>37682947
True that, my brotha.
>>
Hey guys what brand of creating would you recommend?
>>
File: marveldisney.jpg (220 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
marveldisney.jpg
220 KB, 1200x900
Has anyone used BodBot for routines? I've been doing the exercises they give me for a few days now. It's pretty neat but sometimes I feel like the circuit they give me is too short. Anyone else use it and get results?
>>
>>37681888
lift with linear gains m8. you dont even need to think about anything yet just do whatever lets your body get strong
>>
>>37682803
my parents bought me like 20lbs in dumbbells and I felt similar to you (i saw your full story in a dif thread)

you can either ask them to buy you some real shit (find a craigslist post for barbell, bench, weights and go have your dad help you get it), or give up and do bodyweight shit

resistance bands are retarded and offer no way to track improvement probably. if you cant demonstrate to yourself that youre getting stronger eventually you'll not even realize that you arent anymore. its basically guaranteed to fail
>>
>>37681796

Why is that guy in pic related making a duckface?

Y'all duckface when you squat?
>>
Took a trip to short snap city last week. Took the week off of lifting to heal. My back doeant have any pain except when im at work. Should i take another week off, wait until the pain is 100% gone, or start lifting again monday, but taking it a little more lightly and with a belt?
>>
>>37685077
Stevia sweetened coke
>>
100 jumping in jacks between every set.

thoughts?

I know I'll look like a doofus but I figure it's a good way to burn extra calories for 90 seconds while I wait to do my next set. plus sick calves.
>>
>>37682540
same hahahahahahaha

have to force myself to have a good sleep schedule so I sleep at 7-8pm tops, then wake up at 3:00-3:30, morning porridge then hit the squats, feelsgoodman

not to mention leaving the house early in the morning when it's still dark outside makes me feel like a phukkin badass
>>
been liftin for a few months now.
Will the pain of the first day ever return? It felt kinda awesome.
>>
>>37688009
not unless you blast a certain muscle or take time off.
>>
So I've been eating way better lately, lots of salad, lots of veggies.

But I have cravings like crazy, to the point where once every few days I'm succumbing, which is more than previously.

Lately I've been considering just making "good" food, like fried chicken nuggets instead of just roasted or boiled chicken, and still having the veggies to quell the cravings.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: alban-berg-2.jpg (91 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
alban-berg-2.jpg
91 KB, 900x750
I'm moving into my first lean bulking phase and simultaneously getting more into running longer distances. How can I be sure that I'm not underestimating my calorie burn from running multiple miles so that I can be sure I'm eating at a surplus for the day?
>>
File: 1465849329231.png (600 KB, 922x709) Image search: [Google]
1465849329231.png
600 KB, 922x709
>Fit tells me to be social
>ok go to friends party
>party shrinks and migrates to some dirty kids house
>garbage fucking everywhere
>i-is this socializing?
>night goes on and i realize i dropped my wallet somewhere in the house
>nobody has found it yet

What the fuck /fit/
>>
File: bird.gif (2 MB, 435x245) Image search: [Google]
bird.gif
2 MB, 435x245
HIIT cardio does anyone have a good routine for it ? Preferably for running the track.
>>
File: HIIT Protocal.png (208 KB, 1192x1236) Image search: [Google]
HIIT Protocal.png
208 KB, 1192x1236
>>37689436

I use this system with jumping rope. You can plug in any cardio form.
>>
>>37689374
>fit tells me to buy groceries
>ok off to shops
>get stabbed on way
>what the fuck /fit/

shit happens, doesn't mean the initial advice was bad.
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
I'm looking to switch over to this Greyskull version and am confused about the "row or chin up". Do I just pick one and stick with it for months or just do whichever I feel like?
>>
File: 1338006714969.jpg (417 KB, 877x1300) Image search: [Google]
1338006714969.jpg
417 KB, 877x1300
>>37681796
Two specific newbie questions

Having reached my later 20's my metabolism has finally slowed down, and I can tell I'm slowly turning from a skinny to a skinnyfat. I've turned my diet around and am hitting the gym 5 days a week doing strength training (as educated by the sticky).

2 questions:
1: I used to live off soda, having nearly a liter of coke a day if not more. I've lessened that to maybe a glass every other day, instead drinking water. However, I like drinking things that have a nice taste to them. Can I replace my soda intake with Gatorade? Or am I just putting more shit in my body that way?

2: My core is exceptionally weak. I've made it a part of my routine to use that inclined thing, where you're doing a sit-up at a 45 degree angle as a way to strengthen my core/abs. I know you're supposed to modify said exercise with weights, but I struggle to do them with no added weight. Upon completion of my set my core feels sore. Am I making progress doing this, or is there something else I should be doing to work on the core?
>>
186cm 85kg.

Downed from 105 in 4 months. Started lifting for 2 weeks.

Being a skinnyfat and having about %16*18bf
1. Should i cut cal. so my body can burn fat and earn muscle by high protein. Thats what I've been doing because people say its possible for starters.

2.Do cardio and use low carb diet to lose weight and lower my body fat this summer. and start working out at winter.

3. Eat like bear and gain them muscles then cut ,as others say.

I have 3 options and first one looks like the best. Can I have the opinions of fitizens?
>>
>>37689525
Intresting
>>
Currently doing stronglifts 5x5 - would it help build my chest if on off days I did push-ups? At what point would it be bad for me?
th-thanks
>>
I'm so gassy all the time. is it the protein?
All i ever eat is pasta, chicken, eggs. some milk for my protein shake.
>>
>>37689574
Bulk/Cut m8. Losing fat and gaining muscle works best if you're overly fat. You're technically at a normal weight range for your height.
>>
>>37689592
You could just be slightly lactose intolerant
>>
>>37689592
Maybe if you ate some Fucking vegetables you'd feel better you pig
>>
>>37682022
Download the Nike Fit app and do the 7 minute Gracie Gold ab workout like once a week.
>>
>>37689604
I know that i am at average weight but I feel like a fatty pig. I dont know why and lower my body fat. I still have belly and man tits even though lost over 20 kilos,fuck dem genetics.

Being a newbie and not knowing alot,I am not fan of these bulk/cut cycles.
Ty for the help,and is it possible to burn fat through my workout with low carb?
>>
>>37689563
You can do whatever you want, as long as you keep progressing the weight week to week or lift to lift.
>>
If a girl is doing SS/SL while on a cut, at what point should she move on to a different program?
>>
>>37689691
When her lifts stall and she stop progressing. I hope you had her actually read the book because i can tell you haven't
>>
>>37689733
I am worried she'll stall prematurely, or think she's stalling, because she will start progressing slower than she expects due to cutting calories...
>>
>>37683128
>>37683169
If you go below 20% fat, your test will suffer
>>
I can bench 60kh for 5 reps
OHP 40kg for 5 reps
But can barely shit out 60kg squats for 5 reps.

Is that normal?
>>
>>37689891
No, it's because all your lifts have shit form but you manage to squat to depth
>>
>>37681796

I'm taking cardarine and doing an hour of stationary bike cardio a day, splitting it between A: anaerobic and B: aerobic.

This is mainly to get lean and increase my endurance for military basic.

Can I expect to drop weight at a decent speed and increase cardio?
Cheers
>>
>>37681796
Hit a new back squat pr of 275, so good.

Squat related question, I usually do atg when possible, but haven't been able to progress my work sets past 225 when doing atg.

I can hit 275 for two when going to 90 degrees, but can't seem to progress my atg. I keep my feet at shoulder width, follow straight bar path and don't have ass wink going on. Any tips /fit/?
>>
I've noticed that I have been suffering the cold much less than before (it's Winter here).
Is it possible this is because of lifting, or does that have nothing to do with it?
>>
Can somone post the artemus dolgin ab vaccum guide?
>>
File: 1321202049001.jpg (655 KB, 774x800) Image search: [Google]
1321202049001.jpg
655 KB, 774x800
I'm having pain from the left side of my neck that moves down to my upper arm and a little bit of my back. It especially hurts when I have my arm extended in front of me a ways or just hanging unsupported so using a computer is typically very painful. Biking on a flat handle bar bike seems to exacerbate it. When I am standing, reach for my toes and stretch my left shoulder a ways down like I'm reaching, the pain really starts up. It's been like this for three weeks.
Should I see a doctor? haven't had a physical with a doctor for seven years. A friend recommended a chiropractor but I'm not sure if chiropractors are trustworthy. Could it be a muscle imbalance thing I could exercise my way out of? Pulled muscle I can stretch away the pain from?
>>
>>37689589
pls respond
Would doing a set of 20 hurt my chest recovery / slow bench progression?
What about 2 sets of 20? etc
>>
File: rYB41qs.jpg (62 KB, 375x697) Image search: [Google]
rYB41qs.jpg
62 KB, 375x697
Does anyone have any explanation why when I'm hungover my sex drive increases several times over to the point where it consumes my thoughts? I've been wondering this for years. It never fails to happen.
>>
>>37690104
Would recommend a chiropractor. Where does the pain start? Neck? Shoulder? If shoulder, front or back of joint?
>>
>>37689944

Yes to both questions. Add swimming into it as well. Swimming is fantastic before basic because it strengthens your core and gives a good full body workout. Also easy on your ligaments which basic couldn't be harder on so you want them tip top.
>>
>>37690104

No its not a muscle imbalance. Go to a reputable chiropractor. You almost certainly have a pinched nerve in your neck and probably ulnar nerve entrapment as well. Do you research because not all chiropractors are equal. Find a good one. Source: studied chiropractics intensely in order to take care of my back which has been broken two of separate times in 9 places.
>>
File: 9Uhrq.gif (1 MB, 508x380) Image search: [Google]
9Uhrq.gif
1 MB, 508x380
>>37690156
The pain starts on the left side of my neck about half way up and moves down. When it is really hurting like when I bicycle it moves to the outside of my shoulder down to about my bicep.
>>
>>37690220
Thanks for your advice.
Possibly related: Normally when I feel my spine on the back of my neck when bending my neck down I feel one lump for each vertebrae. However there is one vertebrae, also the highest point of the pain, where I feel two lumps. The second lump is a little smaller and is lower and to the right of the main lump. Is this normal? Googling naturally causes me more alarm than I think I should have .
>>
File: 1301013015991.jpg (51 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
1301013015991.jpg
51 KB, 338x450
>>37690078
Did it just get cold? It always takes me a few weeks or even a month to adjust to the cold.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/good-question-why-do-temps-in-the-50s-feel-so-cool-in-the-fall/
>>
>>37684201
If you get it make sure you post a picture on /fit/ so I can laugh at you.
>>
>>37690481
Nah, it's been cold for the past two months. Various people have been telling me how cold it is but I mostly don't feel it.
Also, I used to catch a cold as soon as the temperature first dropped in the year, and now I've been completely healthy so far. No changes in my diet so it can't be the food I eat.
>>
>>37682947
>greek yoghurt
Hermano mío
>>
>>37684201

That is basically you giving your dick the kiss of death. Not only is it a cartoon character from a weird show its also got a rose. I mean whatever makes you happy but you have to be aware of how that tattoo will be oercieved. Hint: not well.
>>
>>37690241
Likely a pinched nerve or something of that nature. See a chiropractor, they'll fix it the fastest.
>>
Hey /fit/. I'll keep this as brief as possible. I've been fat longer than I remember and my dream goal is the humble pic related. A body that's slim and firm but by no means ripped. Just not flabby. Do I have to lift to achieve this? Caloric deficit I know, but exercise wise, would something like swimming plus deficit suffice?
>>
>>37690871
yes and a large deficit. expect it to take a year or so for fat to be lost
>>
>>37689922
Actually exactly the opposite, I can barley go below parallel but my bench and OHP form is complimented by everyone at my gym.
>>
>>37681796
How good would a High Protein, High Fat, Low Carb diet be for cutting?

I plan on eating mainly bacon, eggs, chicken breast, cheese, mince beef and pork, broccoli, peas and butter.

So long as I am hitting my protein intake and under my cals, should I have any problems?
>>
File: nigapifosdo;fnsdfasg.jpg (129 KB, 604x639) Image search: [Google]
nigapifosdo;fnsdfasg.jpg
129 KB, 604x639
Just wanted to get your guy's thoughts on this real quick.
So you would say that this is a good physique right?
>>
File: 39WkNo3.jpg (155 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
39WkNo3.jpg
155 KB, 750x1334
>>37690904
Now doesn't this picture just completely ruin your view of the last one?
I just cant quite tell why. Am I crazy?
>>
>>37690914
Nigga skip head day for a month, your head big asf.
>>
>>37690901
you are fucking retarded
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.