[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in the california central valley. Ive heard we have the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: img5902p139b.jpg (46 KB, 530x353) Image search: [Google]
img5902p139b.jpg
46 KB, 530x353
I live in the california central valley. Ive heard we have the worst air pollution in the world, or at least in competition for last place.

I decided last week to start up a light regimen since ive been mostly sedentary for a few years. But running in the streets is nauseating. I never really noticed back when i was a kid because all my workouts indoors. Breathing tastes like dirt and machine and pollen all choking me to death.

Will i fucking asphyxiate myself if i wear a painters mask while i run? It wont deal with the HIDEOUS gaseous pollution but at least i wont taste particulates anymore right?
>>
>>37681620
Get an altitude mask
>>
Here in Europe people wear masks with filters when biking in big cities. They look like those elevation masks fags wear when weightlifting.

Get the filters
>>
File: AlexJonesGorilla.jpg (25 KB, 454x315) Image search: [Google]
AlexJonesGorilla.jpg
25 KB, 454x315
>>37681620
I've lived here all my life bro and I've never had this problem.
If you're a Fresnofag, just go run at woodward park. All dem trees and nature n sheit help the air a bit.
>>
>>37681685
Wow yeah? My towns air is WAY worse than any european city. Good to know.
>>37681675
Im afraid thats out of my price range anyhow, but would that filter particulates? I thought they were just valves that modify air flow.
>>
>>37681738
Points for the bullseye. Unfortunately my schedule is to workout at 1am so i couldnt bus over and i think they lock up the park as well.
>>
Fresno represent. Running sucks ass in the summer at all hours other than early AM. Either do cardio at the gym or try the park as previously suggested.
>>
>>37681620
>Running in Fresno in the summer

You might be retarded
>>
>>37681738
>>37681818
>>37681898
Fresno is possibly the least pleasant city I've visited, how can you people stand to live there?
>>
>>37681942
What were you there for? If you're just passing through you'll just see ghettos off the free way. I don't mind it here though I do want to move eventually, even though I think Clovis/nice parts of Fresno are a great place to start a famalam. I go to college and work at Dr's office, live in a decent house. Family and friends are here. Only thing I don't like is the heat and lack of Concerts but I travel to the bay and socal whenever I want. Id be a drug addict/alcoholic if I lived in a more poppin city.
>>
>>37681898
Yeah im conflicted, street air tastes like shit and treads motor noise drive me nuts. Rock and a hard place.

>>37681916
Ive got a fistful of iq points. Im also a worthless neet who sleeps the hot days away and my runs are at 1am, probably 70 something degrees F.

>>37681942
I get by by being an equally unpleasant human being
>>
>>37681999
Yeah i hear our state college is pretty popular and i actually love being a 2 to 4 hour drive from nice places to avoid the expense of living there.
>>
>>37681620
In the world? No dumbass. No. Worse in the USA on average.
>>
>>37682072
You sure? I think the only places worse than here are literal poison disaster zones. Like that coal fire town or pripyat.
>>
>>37682113
Nvm i forgot india exists
>>
>>37682113
mexico city has terrible air, many industrialized parts of asia, etc. we're pretty high up there in the states though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.