[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you have terribly strong traps, if you strengthen them and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: trapppp.png (226 KB, 1196x714) Image search: [Google]
trapppp.png
226 KB, 1196x714
If you have terribly strong traps, if you strengthen them and make them grow, can they help scapula stabilizing? Can having strong traps help with anterior shoulder pain? Can they keep the shoulders down and back at all? Does it have anything to do with shoulders?
>>
>>37679632
Yes, probably not, sorta yes, not really.
>>
>>37679632
Traps don't have anything to do with keeping your scapulae in place. You need to strengthen your rotator cuffs
>>
>>37679678
I have a lot of anterior shoulder pain. Ive tried everything, and MRI shows nothing really wrong except fluid by the bicep pulley
>>
>>37679678
>Traps don't have anything to do with keeping your scapulae in place
>muscles that retract, depress and elevate your scapulae don't keep your scapulae in place
>>37679657
traps are not all about shrugging, i can guarantee for 100% that most regular
benchbros can't even do scapular wall slides
>>
>>37679715
how did you get the pain?
>>
>>37679739
Its just something that happened, probably from benching and not enough back work, but ive had the pain for a while now and I cant seem to fix it. It is so frustrating
>>
>>37679758
what kind of pain is it (nagging/sharp)
do you have the pain all the time or just from benching
can you do other pressing related exercises?
>>
>>37679773
The pain is more of a random heavy dull pain.
It is completely random, but yes benching does irritate it mostly. I dont really bench though
I was told to stay away from bench and pushups and ohp. But OHP doesnt really hurt too bad, it never really did
>>
>>37679730
Is the opposite of a bench bro
a pullup bro?
If so, how common is that?
>>
>>37679787
if it doesn't hurt there's no need to skip a certain exercise
have you tried benching with a closer grip? it might not be optimal for pushing your heaviest weight but it's better than nothing
for how long have you had the pain?
also is pic related painful if you press onto it?
>>
File: pec.png (797 KB, 764x618) Image search: [Google]
pec.png
797 KB, 764x618
>>37679836
forgot pic
>>37679825
strong lats dont really cause the humerus to move differently in its socket
benchbros have tight pecs/delts that causes shitty movement patterns and less space in the shoulder joint
>>
>>37679825
Go to any climbing gym you'll find tons of dudes with pretty wide backs but very limited development of the pecs and triceps.
>>
>>37679836
close grip bench press hurts actually more than wide grip. Feels like more pressure is put on the anterior shoulder for it
>>
>>37679856
No the painful spot is half a circle above the circle. Around the bicipital groove
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.