[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner Advice Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1466539706513.jpg (99 KB, 608x516) Image search: [Google]
1466539706513.jpg
99 KB, 608x516
Ok guys, if you had a piece of advice to tell your younger self or a DYEL friend, what would it be?
>>
>>37678558

girls only like ottermode
>>
eat more
don't waste time on brosplits
squat below parallel
>>
Do something cool like gymnastics or a martial art and use the gym as a tool for improvement in that effort rather than making the gym your main hobby
>>
>>37678558
I wouldn't tell my younger self anything because I have no regrets.
>>
don't waste time on squats and deadlifts, useless
>>
File: 1466005506600.png (157 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1466005506600.png
157 KB, 500x461
>>37678791
B-but senpai...
>>
>>37678804
Just do pullups for nice back and you don't need huge legs or ass, that's for homos
>>
>>37678558
Fucking stretch you moron, no it's not a waste of time.

Perfect your form you moron, 20% less weight with perfect form is better than sloppy big numbers.

Eat right you moron, you're not getting much bigger because you don't eat enough.
>>
Simply not eating is the best way to get cut. You will lose muscle but it's worth it.
Start rock climbing.
5x5 will give you more gains than a brosplit but brosplit is good for beginners.
>>
Everything in this thread is literally wrong. OP don't listen to any of it.
>>
>>37678817
This is not good advice.
>>
>>37678850
I listen whatever I want to mom, leave me alone
>>
>>37678558
Read the sticky.
>>
>>37678895
it's a good advice, if you are not a fattie
>>
>>37678817
>>37678571
Have you guys seen the Fierce 5 Intermediate program? Is that gonna get me a nice otter mode body, or is it gonna get me huge legs for homos
>>
>>37678558
First train form.
Then train strength.
Then specialize your training (oly, powerlifting, mma training, aesthetics, whatever your goal)

Ss is not a meme, linear progression is GOAT
Actually read ss. Read practical programming for strength training too

Always always cut first
Keto is a meme
Intermittent fasting is extremely useful for psychological compliance when in a caloric deficit.

Then i would link myself these
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl8v6frDJHc (This whole pyramid series is great)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8 (this peeling back a layer series is good too) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
>>
EAT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT AND DONT GIVE A FUCK!
>>
>>37678571
>lifting for grills
Kek
>>37678576
Solid advice.
>>37678592
Imo you shouldn't worry about that until after you finish your novice program.
>>37678791
Dyel?
At least do hip thrusts for a strong posterior chan.
>>37678827
Solid advice, just do only dynamic stretching before lifting. Static is fine, just do it after lifting.
>>37678817
Post body, lol
>>
>>37678841
Solid advice until
>brosplit is good for beginners
Nope as fuck/10

>>37678968
If you are truly intermediate, you should be a weight cut away from otter.
>>37678904
Yep. Ignore the part where it says to diet before lifting, do both asap.
Other than that the sticky is legit.
>>
>>37679011
Agree with always cut first.
>>
>don't cut too much, you dyel fuck you need to grow
>besides we both know you don't have the willpower to reach 10% anyway
>do dumbbell bench and Bulgarian lunges
>>
>>37679208
Never gonna make it, fampai
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs

Also check out the peeling back a layer episode 2 and 3 for deeper perspective on deficit vs surplus
>>
>>37678558
Always wear a squat plug. It helps you brace your entire body and therefore increases strength ~20%. If you don't have one, have your gymbro plug you with his hard cock and squat with you. It is in no way gay.
>>
>>37679229
Didn't watch the video but I'm assuming it says to cut first. I don't disagree, my problem was I just cut for too long especially considering I was barely making progress once I was down to ~170. I should have gone down to 15% bf and started bulking up from there.
>>
>>37678558
Get a trainer for fist few sessions so you lean the form correctly.
>>
>Quit football and do powerlifting ASAP.
>Do program, not retarded self picked autstic internet meme exercises, do not touch a dumbbell
>Don't be afraid to gain some weight
>Sleep more
>>
>>37679257
>didnt listen to what you wanted ke to hear, but let me share my thoughts all the same.
Pls watch it, bro
>>
>>37679257
Stop progressing, and get to sub 12%

>>37679271
Most trainer have shit to mediocre form.
>>
>>37679295
Dumbbells are great for volume work.

Stronger stabilizers can help with progression on the barbell lifts too.

But yea, dummbbells as main lifts is dyel tier
>>
start now you fuck
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.