[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keto Thread: /keto/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
CHAD eats DEVILED EGGS while you eat BOILED CHICKEN and BROCOLI because CHAD does KETO
>>
File: tumblr_nlpf6eMaXW1u92k49o1_250.gif (2 MB, 245x330) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlpf6eMaXW1u92k49o1_250.gif
2 MB, 245x330
Those deviled eggs do look pretty fucking delicious
>>
>the le carbohydratez are bad meme

Just fucking eat less and move more you worthless amoeba. Carbs are fine
>>
>>37676991
Its not about carbs being bad, its about low carb diet being more healthy and effective than low fat diet goals like cutting. Now stop posting like you know what youre talking about when clearly you dont know shit, you depress me man, if I was as stupid as most of /fit/ is i honestly would end myself.
>>
>>37676960
>>37677024
100% nope.
Keto is a meme
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234

It does not help with muscle preservation.
You know what does?
Fucking lifting.

>hurr yoo so dumm foar not beleef keytoe liek me
>>
>>37676960
Mark sisson pls go, and take your shitty fad diet, and even shittier pseudoscience with you.

Go con joe rogan and brendan schaub lmao
>>
>>37677056
>keto is meme
Your life is meme you abominable faggot
>>
>>37677056
Youre wrong bud, you dont even understand the study you posted. Its really sad.
>>
>>37677056
"CONCLUSION: Isocaloric VLCARB results in similar fat loss than diets low in saturated fat, but are more effective in improving triacylglycerols, HDL-C, fasting and post prandial glucose and insulin concentrations. VLCARB may be useful in the short-term management of subjects with insulin resistance and hypertriacylglycerolemia."

Enjoy loosing the same amount of fat plus the extra weight loss when diabetes takes your feet. Oh also enjoy having to suffer through a cut because you always feel hungry as you're addicted to sugar. Daily reminder that whole grains are just as bad for you as processed sugar.
>>
Psmf+IF+lifting+cardio > all

as far as cutting goes for fatasses
>>
>>37677153
Cutting at 1600
Tdee without lifting or cardio is 2300
Lift 3x a week, and do anaerobic 7x a week, and doing physical labor (digging) at home

Feel full as fuck on 1400kcal. The last 200 are just for my sanity.

Carbs are super satiating.
Kinobody was right.

>hurr diabeetus
Sisson pls go
>>
Well since this is a keto thread, does anyone do carb up phase or is that not necessary?
>>
>>37677024
>eating less is the same as eating less fat
you serious?
>>
>>37677153
>>37677056
Retards

Manny Noakes works for the Australian government at CSIRO where they are working directly and openly with the Australian meat and dairy industry to try and boost sales. They are selling paleo books and programs, and their research is designed to support their conclusions, anything else is never published. Gullible clowns
>>
>>37677630
I find it funny that you're using the same argument people use against mass sugar consumption, I.e the corn subsidies in the US fueling the high fructose corn syrup obesity and metabolic syndrome epidemic. Government will always be corrupt so don't use it as an excuse to eat things that make you feel good and to disregard years of solid research proving high carb diets are dangerous.
>>
>>37677024
Fat people get more satiety (thus weight loss) eating a restrictive diet composed of almost nothing but grease when it's compared to their usual unrestricted junk food diet of candy, soda, donuts, frosted flakes, french fries, tendies, and doritos? Woah. What an accomplishment. That sure proves keto superior to a naturally carby diet centered around whole grains, fruits, legumes, and vegetables that every mainstream health authority recommends.
>>
Did keto for 3 weeks.
>Lifts went down alot
>Had to be autistic about saying no to carbs at work lunches and a family gathering
>Lost 2.5kg

Not for me. I'd rather track calories
>>
Been keto for 50 days and have lost 37 lbs. It's working for me but I'm not a sugar addict and I enjoy cooking. It's not for everyone i guess
>>
>keto
Or you could just use tren.
>>
two hamburgers with sugarfree ketchup & mustard
6 bratwurst
salad with italian meats
iced tea pitcher with liquid splenda
olives & feta snack
coffee with heavy cream

lost 10 pounds this week with no exercise. no cravings at all once ketosis achieved. feels good.
>>
>>37677056

Well i'm not hungry on low carb. What's the point cutting if you're always hungry and miserable?
>>
Tfw 1000 cals a day while on tren and test n clen.

Meal 1 yogurt and 2 skoops
Meal 2 porkchop 8oz or same as above.

Ive never seen my midsection improve so much on a cut before.

Easy 1.5kg a week id say not even counting water
>>
File: a tip for you mlady.png (453 KB, 391x521) Image search: [Google]
a tip for you mlady.png
453 KB, 391x521
>I don't eat carbs
>>
>>37681960
you eat carbs to grow dingus. if your fat or cutting keto is unmatched. insulin promotes growth hormonally idiot
>>
>>37676960
CHAD is a closeted HOMOSEXUAL who only chases STACIES in a vain attempt to DENY his FAGGOTRY. Meanwhile you go to the GYM and become MORE MANLY and HETERO, while CHAD gradually loses to his GAYNESS and starts sucking DICKS.
>>
>>37681847
Lots of sodium in that famalam, and if the burgers and bratwurst had buns it's no bueno
>>
>>37682002
Growth of your muscle and other lean tissues you mean?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X09011681
http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

>Cutting fat resulted in more body fat loss
>The model also indicated that the RC diet would lead to increased net protein oxidation compared to the RF diet (Figure 2I), a trend that was apparent in the 24-hr urinary nitrogen data (Table 3).
>nitrogen balance measurements in several previous studies have suggested greater lean tissue loss with low-carbohydrate diets (Bell et al., 1969; Bortz et al., 1967, 1968; Vazquez and Adibi, 1992; Vazquez et al., 1995).

What retard would want to lose those?
>>
>>37681960
Christ bro. End it all now, humanity isn't worth saving
>>
File: 20160625_111448[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160625_111448[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>37676960
chad stole mah plates
also keto snake meal
>>
I did keto almost two years ago for six months, I lost 120 pounds.

I am gonna start lifting now that I am striving for more, but to all y'all out here on keto I wanted to wish y'all the best and tons of love and support. Shit changed my life.
>>
>>37676960
>>37676981

>american culinary standards
>"those deviled eggs do look delicious"
>delicious

It looks fucking trash, my head chef would literally castrate me if i serve shit like that to a customer
>>
>>37677232
>Carbs are super satiating

read about insuline you fucking lying nigger
>>
Did keto, really loved it. But damn if it's not expensive to do with all that meat.
>>
how does keto work if you lift? does ketosis make muscles utilize fat as glycogen?
>>
>>37676960
>keto
>not PSMF
Enjoy not shedding a visible amount of fat every single day
>>
>>37677056
Anyone lifting and getting the magic gram of protein per lb of bodyweight will preserve muscle but the less other stuff you eat the quicker you'll shed fat
>>
>>37677232

> TDEE 2300
> cutting at 1600

Enjoy your adrenal fatigue.
Iodine and T3 ASAP

Also, how small are you?
>>
>>37679137
You probably weren't fully adapted, anon. Or needed a more more fats in there. Everything I've read says that's normal to be a bit weaker to start, then getting all that strength back and more. Also, if you weren't getting enough sodium/electrolytes that could have made a massive difference.

It isn't for everyone, but I've never felt better in my life after starting keto back in Dec.
>>
>>37684098
insulin does not regulate satiation dombo
>>
>>37677024

>its about low carb diet being more healthy

Not eating fruit is healthy? Not eating whole grains is healthy? Not eating beans and lentils is healthy? Not eating sweet potatoes is healthy? Eating mostly fat is healthy?
>>
File: why.gif (2 MB, 385x325) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
2 MB, 385x325
>when you swap carbs for fat and protein because you heard carbs increase insulin levels and then you find out protein increases insulin levels as much or more and fat decreases insulin sensitivity so your body has to make more insulin than it would if you ate lean
>>
>>37684091
yeah but the whole restaurant industry is up its own arse
fancy stupid shit when all people really want is nice hearty meals
tell you're head chef hes a fat cunt and probably french
>>
>>37677100

>Your life is meme you abominable faggot

kek
>>
>>37677024 (You)
>>
I INJECT TREN AND EAT PIZZA TO BECOME GODLIKE WHILE YOU WASTE AWAY
>>
>>37686534
insulin isn't the boogeyman
>>
>>37677333
I do it every two weeks to change my diet and it helps improve my lifts, which helps raise my BMR which helps burn calories.
>>
>>37684091
>He's too stupid to see that it's not a restaurant, but actually someone's own HOME cooking.
>>
Keto is good to lose weight if you're a fatass, it curbs hungers immensely and helps you stick to your caloric deficit. Once you're at a healthy weight or start training though eat some carbs, it isn't the devil it's goddamn easy to reach energy for the body.
>>
>>37684172
No. Glycogen is a glucose polymer that is inherently broken apart for glucose and use under glycolysis. Ketones operate similarly but they can be reused for energy if so demanded (which is likely why keto dieters tend to have more energy) by trading it off in the citric acid cycle again - normally fat loss from the starvation state is slower as less energy is demanded from beta-oxidation, but because of the better control of appetite (usually), a larger deficit can be maintained to make up the difference, hence the efficacy of the diet.

In normal lifting conditions, while glycogen is used, normally ketones can normally replace it except in the most demanding phase (such as high intensity interval training) because normally copious amounts of energy comes from phosphocreatine synthesis anyway. Thus, excessive HIIT (which some lifts can become), especially without enough ketones, may cause muscle degradation because creatine kinase requires glycine, an amino acid.
>>
Chads fucking a pizza while eating out your girlfriend.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.