[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/rhabdo/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Guys please help me I'm freaking out.
>haven't lifted for 6-7 months because of a illness.
>Since I've almost fully recovered, decide to try and lift again.
>lift literally babby weights
>35kg bench, 7.5kg bicep curl
>3x5 each
>feel like shit right after these two exercises and go to bed
>next day my muscles ache like never before, but manage to get through the day
>fast forward
>wake up today and I can't even keep my arms straight, my elbows hurt like hell
I'm on my way to the hospital to get checked out, my muscles are not particularly swollen and my pee is crystal clear (whereas I read it's basically brown in case you have rhabdo), but it still hurts like a bitch and I'm feeling very very tired.
Thoughts ?
>>
>>37675262
welp, 6-7 months is a pretty long break imho. If your diet wasnt great, you might have loss a lot of mass and muscle strenght.

I always get doms after I dont work-out for 1-3 months, Imagine that half a year break would give me doms similiar to the first training session ever.
>>
>>37675283
I thought about it but I didn't feel like this even the first time I ever lifted
>>
>>37675262
>go to doctor
>tell him my muscles ache
>tell him I did babyweights at the gym
>babyweights are heavier than anything the doctor ever lifted

What do you think he's going to tell you. you should've waited more than only 2 days.
>>
>>37675405
I'm waiting for the doctor to see me.
Anyway, things can get out of hand pretty quickly so no, I certainly wasn't going to wait more.
>tell him I did babyweights at the gym
>babyweights are heavier than anything the doctor ever lifted
what ?
>>
>>37675262
Your muscles probably deteriorated after such a long break and that's why you felt like shit now.

What was your diet like during the break? Were you completely sedentary?
>>
>what is DOMS

Fuckin idiot.
>>
>>37675592
>What was your diet like during the break?
Pretty normal, but I did lose weight.
>Were you completely sedentary?
Yes
>>
>>37675638
I'd say its a combination of muscle deterioration and doms then anon. You're body probably cannibalized the muscle you had to try and maintain itself. What were your stats before and after? (weight, and height)
>>
>>37675672
182 cm 84kg, after the illness I was at 60kg (That wasn't even skelly mode, I couldn't bear to look at myself), I slowly got back to 70kg by diet alone
>>
>>37675262
Try some bodyweight exercise. Take it slow , and take care if your diet.
Eventually you will be able to hit the gym again

You tried to go from 0 to 100km/h
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.