[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is deadlift a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 581x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 581x720
I swear I don't really feel it in my back. I thought this was a back workout?
>>
fix your form then
>>
It's a compound workout, so it hits a number of muscles on your body. If you're not feeling it in your back at all, my guess is one/several of the following:
- Your form is wrong
- You're not lifting to your potential
- Your back is considerably stronger than the rest of your body, meaning you'll feel the strain in other areas first
>>
>>37669358
>mixed grip
not gonna make it
>>
You are mostly suppose to feel it in your spinal erectors
>>
>>37669372
Thanks senpai. Maybe I should up the weight. I was worried that it was more leg workout than back workout
So I was gonna switch it to Friday ( leg day) instead of Wednesday ( pull day)
>>
>>37669407
>I was worried that it was more leg workout than back workout

Your hips should be high as fuck, it's not a squat and you shouldn't be squatting the weight up. Your hips should be as high as possible other than enough to be able to grip the bar of course
>>
>>37669407
legs, specifically your quadriceps when you break the floor, hamstrings and glutes ARE the prime movers of the lift.

You do isometrically contract lats and paraspinals, but youre not going to experience a shit ton of hypertrophy in upper back or lats from deadlifts.

It will mostly improve lower back glutes and hams if performed correctly.
>>
As someone who stopped lifting for 2 years, my ass and legs atrophied far more than upper body, so it's weird how small weights feel very heavy on my hamstrings/ass but I can rather easily maintain a perfectly straight back.
If you don't have a hard time keeping your back straight, and don't feel like it's getting work, it's probably because your legs are lagging behind.
>>
>>37669378
>caring about how someone grips
how to spot a dyel 101.
>>
>>37669358
>lifting small weights
>this lift is easy, i don't feel it at all
>i don't see what the big deal is
>>
>>37669429
Fuckin great thanks mate. So glad i posted this
I thought I was just gonna get roasted
>>
>>37669429
And traps too
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
Hodge twins dont deadlift. Tb100%h as long as you do rows, pullups, and shrugs youll have a juicy back
>>
>>37669429
This is true.
>>
>>37669441

Especially on a god damn axle deadlift.

People are welcome to try and double overhand those bastards, but they're not going to be doing an awful lot of back/hamstring training in the process.
>>
>>37669475
don't forget the steroids
>>
File: hodgetwins.gif (1 MB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
hodgetwins.gif
1 MB, 300x197
>>37669475

Doesn't count, they have prison guy genetics.
>>
>>37669475
Just because they don't deadlift doesn't make it a bad choice

They have back problems if i'm not mistaken.

You can have the most retarded routine with the most idiotic repranges and if you eat well, train hard and train for long enough you WILL make gains and look pretty good. Doesn't make it optimal or a good choice, though.
>>
>>37669453
I'd still be doing heavy chest supported rowing, and some pullup variants as well as face pulls and rear flies for back in addition to deads though.. I wouldn't rely on them for upper back
>>
>>37669453
Don't forget the forearms.
>>
>>37669475
>don't deadlift
aka. bitchmade
>>
>>37669358
so where do you feel it?
>>
>>37669378
No he didnt make it. Died storming Omaha beach in Normandy during ww2
>>
>>37669613
F
>>
>>37669613

F
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.