[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long does it take to start feeling the difference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: wristlet.png (108 KB, 700x342) Image search: [Google]
wristlet.png
108 KB, 700x342
I'll be joining a gym in about 2 weeks time, been eating really well for the past few days as well as getting fixing up my sleep schedule, already feeling the effects of the /fit/ life, however, I'm curious as to how working out will manifest itself outwardly, i.e. will my face look healthier, will I feel sharper, more flexible etc.. Just want to know how people felt a few months into a good routine, in general, whether it be mental or physical, what were the changes etc

pic not related
>>
>>37668359
Test levels rise which will make you CHAD. Just eat enough PIZZA out of your GF's ass
>>
>>37668359
>2 weeks
>already expecting results
Holy fuck you're not gonna make it. Don't lift and expect super gains after each session, looks and muscles will come but it will take at lest 2 years of constant lifting so others will notice you got ripped. For yourself maybe a few months, one day you'll look at the mirror and see that you've got some muscles you've never seen before. That's how it works.
>>
>>37668359
I say six months. If you eat clean, drop down to 15percent body fat, detox off sugar, and get to a body weight bench press.
>>
>>37668359
Sorry anon it takes longer to see any change to your body composition than 2 weeks but you probably will be starting to improve your sleep and poops by now.

Unless you are a junk food iffym or still drinking the fizzy jew. Focus on progress too and make smaller goals to stay motivated.
>>
You will notice small differences in the first 4-6 weeks, your max will feel easy, so you increase.
About 8-12 weeks close friends and relatives will begin complementing your progress

This goes for lifting and losing weight, although its just with ny experience when you actually show dedication. Don't Go 3 weeks then stop, its worse for you.
>>
The changes are so gradual that you don't really notice them in the moment

Take progress pictures every month or two for a better picture
>>
When changing my diet around, it took 2 weeks to notice a positive change in how I felt. But 1-2 days of fucking up with eating clean and I don't feel that awesome feeling. Use the good feelings to fuel you, knowing you CAN and WILL feel even better if you keep going.
>>
6 months seems like a decent timeframe from what I've seen. And even then you probably won't notice unless you put before/after pics side by side.
That is supposing you're doing a lean bulk, if you're gaining/losing lots of weight you can notice in as little as it takes to make a 5kg difference.
>>
>>37668359
one of the number one reasons people fail in life, especially in the gym is expecting quick results. It will take a lot of effort and a lot of time to make serious changes. Best advice I can give you is just respect the process.
>>
Realisic progress. You might even do it quicker than most, since you can already save yourself some deent time by not fucing around and follow a non-broscience program.

2 months and you have some of the basic lifts down but you are still weak and inconsistent with your technique.

3 months and you will see some muscle gains and the habit of going to the gym gets less and less dreadful. You might even love it by this time. You are still weak.

6 months and there's a visible change and you start to become average commercial gym level in terms of strength IF you saved yourself from the dicking around most guys do. You might be at around 2 plate squat, 1.5 plate for binch and 2.5 plate for DL depending on where you are naturally strong. This is already better than most gym goers. This might take 8-9 months for some, faster for other with athletic background.

10 months in and your naturally strong muscles stand out more. Some have big backs, some have nice shoulders or butt or whatever. You look athletic, but your lifts are nothing out of the ordinary.

12 months. You are now commercial gym level strong. Maybe repping 225 with okayish form on squat, 1.75 on bench and maybe 3 plate DL depending on your leverages. If your progress is slow, this might take longer.

18 months. You might be repping a little under 3 plates in squat. You will start to turn the heads of some DYEL in your commercial gym because they do not know what strong means. You start reading and learning more about lifts to become more effcient. You might have become big, but you are certainly not defined. Building muscle takes time, but if you eat like a house, you will get your size nonetheless. Just not quite lean.

24 months. You start to realize that you will never be strong or as aesthetic as you want. You dwelve deeper into fitness and now it's the only thing you can think of as it is an escape from realtity but at the same time an objective feedback to your ego about your progression.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.