[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've gone through 4 pairs of fucking headphones during this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: 2252-1.jpg (21 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
2252-1.jpg
21 KB, 500x429
I've gone through 4 pairs of fucking headphones during this year, the left side always stops working for some retarded reason, are there any indestructible in ear headphones?

What do you use /fit/? pls help
>>
>>37667024
i use shure se215 and Knowledge Zenith ATE-S.
Shure ones are a lot sturdier because of the kevlar braided cable.
>>
those look like sennheisers, they just have shit build quality, i used to get through a pair every few months.

depends what you mean by indestructible, i just accept that i'm going to tread on them and spill stuff on them sometimes so only buy cheap pairs for that reason
>>
>bought some shitty headphones for 10€
>have them for 3 years
>wearing them 4-6 times a week
>sometimes while running in the rain
>everything works perfect
>>
>>37667067
I dunno what the ones in the pic are, just got one of google.

I can get all of my broken headphones to "work" if I twist/bend the cable close to the input, why the fuck does it keep snapping off?
>>
>>37667024
Get shure headphones, the cables are replaceable and cheap on amazon. That being said, I've had the same pair for 2.5 years without any problems.
>>
>>37667024
how about not listening to music through earbuds while working out? Maybe if you stopped trapping yourself in your own little autism bubble you might actually make a friend OP

Also that's what /g/'s headphone general is for. Why would you ask a bunch of retarded meatheads a tech question?
>>
>>37667221
Like I wanna go around and talk to people instead of working out, you go do that faggot

I don't think /g/ does anything except sit on their ass all day so why would they know about durable headphones?
>>
OP buy Samsung headphones, the ones they ship with their smartphones work amazingly if you can manage not to fuck up the cord like an idiot
>>37667137
Sometimes shit just works out
>>
xiaomi piston 3 from china it's 15 bucks and they sound as good as a 70 dollar pair from the big jew companies. Mine are now 6 months old and still going strong but idc if they break I'll just get a new pair
>>
>>37667024
Just bought these babies. The lack of the wire connected to the device is fucking amazing. Dont have the shit flapping around while I do cardo.
>>
>>37667221
You sound fucking small and salty.
>>
File: BGAU-BACTPLBK.jpg (70 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
BGAU-BACTPLBK.jpg
70 KB, 1100x1100
>>37667512
Forgot pic. Also theyre Body-Glove
>>
>>37667352
I don't think you do anything but sit on your ass all day, save for the 1-2 hours you spend "lifting" at the gym.
>"what does /g/ know about headphones?"
more than you know about fitness

>>>/g/55197967
>>
>>37667512
nice invisible headphones m8
>>
I just keep buying cheap Bluetooth headphones. They last about 6 or 7 months. I read the reviews and spend about 30 bucks. I'm only on my 2nd pair though. Had current ones since March they seem okay for now.
>>
>>37667546
more than you can afford pal.
>>
>>37667221
I would but I can't stand the music at my gym, it's non stop nigger shit and they play it pretty loudly.
>>
>>37667024
They have a warranty, keep your receipts and youll get brand new ones every time you break em. Most have 1-2 years
>>
i went through so many pairs of sennheisers it's ridiculous. a set at least every 2 months. the current ones have so far lasted me 2 years. maybe i've learnt how to be careful with them, maybe i just got lucky with this set. my next will probably be shure.
>>
>>37667526
you must not work out very hard if the sweat doesn't make wearing earbuds uncomfortable.

>>37667605
I feel like listening to bad music helps me appreciate good music that much more.
>>
Yurbuds Focus series are amazing, they have 4 or 5 different "levels" with different features so you can get whatever you want, almost. plus the "cheap" ones are only like 20 bucks and they'll last you as long as you need them. Guaranteed to never fall out or be uncomfortable, PLUS they have great customer service. Theyll send you a free replacement pretty much no questions asked if you tell them how they broke, even
>>
>>37667024
apple ear buds are literally the best headphones you can get for the price
>>
Got these for like $50. They're wireless which is nice and water/sweat resistant.
>>
>>37667787
too bad they're ugly as sin
>"i-it doesn't what you wear at the gym"
never gonna make it.
>>
File: 1392162176950.gif (2 MB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1392162176950.gif
2 MB, 400x500
>Buy headphones for ~34 bucks
>save receipt, 1 year warranty
>breddy shit
>break after a month
>go to store, explain situation, get new pair (free)
>same headphones, shit breaks again
>go to store, get new pair again
>...

>mfw eventually got 135$ worth of headphones for the price of one, until my warranty expired.
>>
>>37667836
or you could have used that same $34 to buy headphones that aren't garbage
>>
>>37667709
Bait
>>
i don't know about indestructible, but for fuck sake SAVE THE RECEIPT. i have brought so many damn pairs of the same set of earbuds back to best buy because despite their awesome sound quality, the design used for the jack makes it extremely susceptible to shortage. gotten every pair after my first for free this way.
>>
>>37667857

Had I known, guy behind the counter bullshitted me when I asked for decent headphones on a tight budget. Atleast karma played out in my favour.
>>
>>37668031

you probably aren't gonna find a decent set of buds or headphones for $34.
>>
>>37667024
Hey Anon I purchased a pair of JVC On-ear headphones for about 35 dollars, the model number was JVC S400, that have lasted me for awhile and sound great.

I think people who buy inner ear headphones like your picture are in for a bad experience since they break faster (from either being tangled and pulled in your pockets or from being drenched in sweat from the gym) and if used improperly can lead to hearing loss/damage. Over ear phones sound better, are more durable and safer to use IMO.

This is a good resource, even if it is rebbit
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/wiki/index
>>
>>37668077
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.
Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

check /g/
also checked those dubs
>>
>>37668094

over-hear headphones would be super annoying in the gym imo

also kinda gross with the sweat
>>
>>37668105
their not super annoying, I just tuck the headphone cable under the shirt, the sweat is a little gross but I had a problem where my earbuds (when I used them) would slip out my ears from the sweat. The on ear headphones don't have that problem and stay on place even while moving around.
>>
File: yurbuds.jpg (49 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
yurbuds.jpg
49 KB, 600x300
>>37668165

pic related are the best earbuds i've ever owned.

they're designed specifically for athletic purposes--they even stay in your ears when you run in the rain.
>>
File: Adolfus Christler.jpg (117 KB, 501x604) Image search: [Google]
Adolfus Christler.jpg
117 KB, 501x604
>>37667137
Made in Germany
>>
>>37667024
Monoprice earbuds are super durable, and even if they break, they cost ~$10 a pair. Good sound
>>
>working out under rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOcuEbUPyGU
>>
They are clogged with earwax. It's always my left ear also.
>>
As another anon mentioned, I use Shure's SE215 and love em. Great sound quality, blocks out most ambient noise, sturdy, don't get as sweaty as the bose ie2 I previously used. Highly recommend.
>>
>>37668433
And I should mention the fit is a bit odd at first but is really quite effective. Rarely if ever do they pop out lifting or running unless I actually give the cord a hard pull.
>>
>>37668419
/thread
>>
>>37667024
I have the same fucking issue, the left side randomly stops working

I tried monitoring my subconscious behavior around the headphones because I figured something I was doing was putting greater strain on the left side but I couldn't get to the bottom of the mystery
>>
>>37667024
I use jaybird bluetooth water resistant ear buds. very low profile, has good bass and batterylife. 3rd yr on this pair and hasn't messed up yet, no big battery shit on your neck, very light and easy to use. costs like $140 but worth it
>>
>>37667024
>left side always stops working

i literally have the exact same happen every fucking time, it's the left first, then like a month later or so the right one comes next
>>
>>37667067
>>37667658

Sorry to hear that.

I got my earbud Senns because I liked my more expensive ones. Had them over a year with no issues. Forget how much they were, but as long as i clean them once or twice a week they hold and stay in all workout
>>
File: 02_zpsvsleboew.jpg (28 KB, 1000x610) Image search: [Google]
02_zpsvsleboew.jpg
28 KB, 1000x610
Not sure about you but I used to get Sennheisers, Klipsch, and Yurbuds. While I take care of my stuff, they all eventually have out. I bought some Sony earbuds in pic related because they were the loudest. I've had em for a good 2 years and I work out 6 times a week every week.
If you want balanced hi-fi sound these aren't it. I realized I don't care much about soundstage and mid clarity when I'm sweating my fucking ass off.
But if you just want some durable, loud, and noise blocking headphones get these Sony MDR-X850AP.
>>
I got a pair of "qy7" from amazon because they were the cheapeast bluetooth ones and they broke after i dropped them from waist level. Who else uses /bluetooth/ here? using a wired one fucking sucks after a while shit gets caught every where and is dangly asfuck
>>
>>37667046
confirming Shure SE215s are based as fuck. I got the blue ones. Had them for about 1.5yrs. Just replaced the cable for about $25. They are so damn good.
>>
>>37667466
Can confirm. The headphones that came with my S7 have been through the washer/dryer twice already
>>
>>37667024
any monster buds. they're all so good and durable, especialy the isports.
>>
>>37668309
Can cofirm
>>
>>37667046
>>37670907
I can also confirm this. SE215s are great for both isolation and durability.
>>
>>37667024
I use Bose sound sports, sweat proof and durable
>>
>>37668586
Just bought them. Can't wait to never fuck around with wires ever again when lifting. I do have some high ass expectations though...
>>
What the hell are you me? Do you put your phone in your right pocket when lifting?
>>
>>37667024
Bose QuietComfort 35, my man
>>
File: 51dfwedKHLL._SL1098_.jpg (40 KB, 1098x750) Image search: [Google]
51dfwedKHLL._SL1098_.jpg
40 KB, 1098x750
AfterShokz TREKZ Titanium Open-ear Bluetooth Headphones

Maybe something like this.
>look like an idiot wearing these?
>>
Bluetooth earbuds senpai, not having a cable and physical connector removes two of the weak spots.

Also zero noise.
>>
Fucking same, except it's always the right side for me. I invested in some nicer ones that worked perfectly until they were stolen by my housekeeper
>>
>>37667024
If you want durable, you have to spend some money. I've found that the new Bose Soundsports are pretty good. Wireless, durable, sound is shit though, unless you like uneven frequency response.

If you want cheap, go for some Mpow Wolverines. They're 20USD on Amazon. Fairly durable, but sound like complete shit, like any other 20 dollar pair of headphones.
>>
pay for a 5 dollar warranty at Best Buy and you can exchange them every time they break for 2 years
>>
>>37667836
Happened to me as well, currently on 3rd pair of Sony mdx-110 or smth
>>
>>37667024
Not buying beats by dre on sennheiser

Stay mad
>>
>>37667221
>not being that quiet guy listening to music and wearing a sweat shirt to hide his power level who is easily the strongest guy in the entire gym
>>
>>37673064
>bose
>>
>>37667491
This just got mine a week ago there amazing
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.